Character Strategy- Mother Talzin

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member

aah, the real reason mcmole isn't in the program anymore; genderdiversity.
    your nickname made me do it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • This can't be another Legendary event, can it??
    We just had panic farms for BB8 and the never ending T7 Thrawn battle.....

CG needs to let us breathe and recover all the resources that were dumped into Phoenix and FO....

We're due for a nice Wicket style event....
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    I just discovered Talzin's true power, which everyone will soon realize. Plague makes it so debuffs can't be cleansed from that character. She may be a decent character on her own in, say, an empire or sith team for that reason. Pair her with Deathtrooper so he can lay down healing immunity, too (which can't be dispelled) and then Plague also won't go away because they won't get back to full health.

This is spot on. Plague makes an afflicted unit immune to dispels, and it also ignores protection when dealing its damage component. I don't know if that is super clear from what we've revealed.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    I just discovered Talzin's true power, which everyone will soon realize. Plague makes it so debuffs can't be cleansed from that character. She may be a decent character on her own in, say, an empire or sith team for that reason. Pair her with Deathtrooper so he can lay down healing immunity, too (which can't be dispelled) and then Plague also won't go away because they won't get back to full health.

I think you are misinterpreting the post. It seems to me that only the plague can't be cleansed, it doesn't prevent other debuffs from being cleansed.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    I gotta say "Dark Magick" animation is badkittens! And "Spirit Blade" looks pretty kitten cool!
  • DracuLaura
    129 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    If GG really is a required toon for a legendary event to get MT (which is speculated in some circles), then that would be an exceedingly low blow to the player base. Waiting until we all drained our saved shard shop currency with the shard shop shipments change a few weeks ago, and then dropping an event that required gg. Could they be that utterly dastardly?
  • @CG_Kozispoon Are those gifs taken from gameplay INCLUDING the 6* and 7* mods on her?

If so, aren't the gifs some bait and switch on her abilities since they'll not be obtainable in game?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Dretzle wrote: »

This is spot on. Plague makes an afflicted unit immune to dispels, and it also ignores protection when dealing its damage component. I don't know if that is super clear from what we've revealed.

So this would be a detriment to the thrawn cleanse, gk, barrís, and Rex cleanses? But with r2's zeta unique that toon that crits would be able to cleanse because it's cleansing itself? Am I understanding the mechanics correctly?

So this would be a detriment to the thrawn cleanse, gk, barrís, and Rex cleanses? But with r2's zeta unique that toon that crits would be able to cleanse because it's cleansing itself? Am I understanding the mechanics correctly?

AFAIK Plague is imparting an "immunity" to "dispel" which originate from the afflicted unit's team. This means all dispels, including the ones triggered by Zetas and other similar effects. Conduit would know for sure, but in playing with them to build their events this is definitely what I experienced.
  • I've heard a lot of talk saying GG is required; can anyone clarify at this point? I certainly hope so, as I have him G11 and 7* for literally no reason... until now, that is. to be clear, I want this utterly for selfish reasons.
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

AFAIK Plague is imparting an "immunity" to "dispel" which originate from the afflicted unit's team. This means all dispels, including the ones triggered by Zetas and other similar effects. Conduit would know for sure, but in playing with them to build their events this is definitely what I experienced.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited October 2017

There is definitly some things not clear.
    I saw in another post you ( @CG_CapGaSP ) stated damage from Plague ignores protection. This info is not provided/made clear in the post. (just because it says % health damage doesn't mean it ignores protection as there are many % health effects that do not ignore protection)

Some other questions
    Does Plaque prevent all debuffs from being cleansed or just Plaque?
    Does Plaque count as a debuff or is it like Sabine armor shred and not count as a debuff?

@CG_Conduit23 any clarification on some of this?
  • It's so beautiful *sheds a tear*
  • Darthzaderr
    73 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Mishim45 wrote: »
    Confirmed morher talzin legendary event requiring seperatists

I saw this too ... my grievous is only 5/65 so no talzin for me
  • scuba wrote: »

I saw in another post you ( @CG_CapGaSP ) stated damage from Plague ignores protection. This info is not provided/made clear in the post. (just because it says % health damage doesn't mean it ignores protection as there are many % health effects that do not ignore protection)

Some other questions
    Does Plaque count as a debuff or is it like Sabine armor shred and not count as a debuff?

Great questions - inquiring minds want to know!
  • scuba wrote: »

Some other questions

Plague makes the afflicted unit immune to being dispelled. This means any debuffs on the afflicted unit will not be removed until Plague itself is removed (by being healed to full). I'm not sure if it "counts" as a debuff. I'll ask Conduit.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Mishim45 wrote: »
    Confirmed morher talzin legendary event requiring seperatists
    i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

scuba wrote: »

Some other questions

Plague makes the afflicted unit immune to being dispelled. This means any debuffs on the afflicted unit will not be removed until Plague itself is removed (by being healed to full). I'm not sure if it "counts" as a debuff. I'll ask Conduit.

Sooooo if plague prevents other debuffs from being cleansed, you can plague and heal imunity and just wait to win the match?

Sounds like a broken game mechanic again, not that I'm surprised.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Pretty much.

M Talzin, Daka, Assaj, GK and death trooper. GG.

Kittens. As I posted on page 1.
  • So Plague is basically Zader, but better?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • "Unit loses 5% Health when inflicted and at the start of their turns" - This Health loss ignores Protection.

"Unit is immune to allied Dispels" - Plague prevents all debuffs on the unit from being dispelled.

"Unit loses all stacks of Plague when healed to full" - This is the only way to get rid of Plague.

Plague is a debuff.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The plague shall consume all. Even with healing immunity bomb, your zariss cannot save you now.
    7* GG req for last tier of Talzin event pls then his rework and I'll send holiday cookies to you all at CG
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    "Unit loses 5% Health when inflicted and at the start of their turns" - This Health loss ignores Protection.

"Unit is immune to allied Dispels" - Plague prevents all debuffs on the unit from being dispelled.

"Unit loses all stacks of Plague when healed to full" - This is the only way to get rid of Plague.

Plague is a debuff.

@CG_Conduit23 thank you for the info!
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Pretty much.

Did you forget Barris? Chirrut? Hermit Yoda? who I would expect will start making arena appearances in a month.
    Point is, healing immunity can already be ignored.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Pretty much.

Did you forget Barris? Chirrut? Hermit Yoda? who I would expect will start making arena appearances in a month.
    Point is, healing immunity can already be ignored.

Chirrut equalizes health so unless everyone is at full health he will never remove this debuff.
  • Ns squad to decimate fo squad ?
  • Healing immunity expires, does it not?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Asic wrote: »
    Hiya!
    There are no plans for 6/7 dot mods this year. As with most of our Character Strat post gifs and media, there may be aspects the team is futzing with, experimenting or just using to make the showcase of the character cool.

Just to understand this post, did you mean that the toon advertised is not as powerful as it will be for players in the game because you added stats from unobtainable mods?

Nobody likes switching mods. So yeah this are stats we can't reach by now.

Shockingly no answer here I guess. Thanks for proving the point I made. False advertising at its best with they usual CG/ EA flair.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Healing immunity expires, does it not?

Yes and according to the ability information plague also expires. (inflict for 3 turns). What I believe he means by only way to get rid of is can't be cleansed. So ai has to heal to full health or the debuffs have to expire.