Character Strategy- Mother Talzin

Replies

• DracuLaura wrote: »
    If GG really is a required toon for a legendary event to get MT (which is speculated in some circles), then that would be an exceedingly low blow to the player base. Waiting until we all drained our saved shard shop currency with the shard shop shipments change a few weeks ago, and then dropping an event that required gg. Could they be that utterly dastardly?

I hope hes required i have him 7* gear 12 (1 gear off of max)
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    DracuLaura wrote: »
    If GG really is a required toon for a legendary event to get MT (which is speculated in some circles), then that would be an exceedingly low blow to the player base. Waiting until we all drained our saved shard shop currency with the shard shop shipments change a few weeks ago, and then dropping an event that required gg. Could they be that utterly dastardly?

? GG was the first character I farmed out of the ship store when it was first introduced last November. He's been at 7* for me since like February and useless. Please make him a requirement and give him an update. It's not a blow to anyone, just the way it is.
  • Mishim45 wrote: »
    Confirmed morher talzin legendary event requiring seperatists

Where does it say that it's confirmed that separatists are needed for this legendary event?
  • DracuLaura
    129 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Winstar wrote: »

? GG was the first character I farmed out of the ship store when it was first introduced last November. He's been at 7* for me since like February and useless. Please make him a requirement and give him an update. It's not a blow to anyone, just the way it is.

So making an update to assist the player base with gear crunch by putting it into shard shop, and then turning around a few weeks later to put that gear into competition with the most expensive farm in the game is not a low blow?
  • just for clarity, the desription says plague is immune to healing dispels, and says it ignores protection, but does that mean it ignores tenacity up...yoda's battle meditation or rex's cleanse (if used before plague is adminstered)? And or zQGJ's foresight?

I'd imagine it just means the damage goes straight to your health rather than having to go through your protection first so you can take health damage even with protection left.

I'd think for it to ignore tenacity up or foresight it would say "Can't be resisted or evaded."
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    So my useless 7* Grievous might actually get used for something? That’s terrific news.
  • Branmark wrote: »
    Please do this EA. The gap between the free loaders and those who spend money is too close. Thanks in advance.

Ha ha
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    just for clarity, the desription says plague is immune to healing dispels, and says it ignores protection, but does that mean it ignores tenacity up...yoda's battle meditation or rex's cleanse (if used before plague is adminstered)? And or zQGJ's foresight?

As @GildoMcFlay said if it does not say can't be resisted then it can't go thru tenacity up.
    Also check out the first gif. Baze actually resists second stack of plague when she uses her basic.
  • Krwind
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hiya!
    There are no plans for 6/7 dot mods this year. As with most of our Character Strat post gifs and media, there may be aspects the team is futzing with, experimenting or just using to make the showcase of the character cool.

meaning the character plays out as kittenly without inflated mods?

come on - what is going on here? that a new level of mods is coming or that the character doesn't perform unless used with inflated mods????

@CG_Kozispoon
    Post edited by HeroOfCanton on
  • I want level 7 mods. We got gear level 12. Now bring on the higher mods.
  • They should make droids immune to plague
  • Dang Plague sucks for Chirrut. Can't give tenacity up since plague is a debuff and can't be removed with zeta R2 dispell before Chirrut goes either. While Rex can still throw tenacity up. I guess all the Chaze haters will be happy. Unless Chirrut's health equalize goes before tenacity up that would be useful
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Everyone jumped straight to Deathtrooper to pair with nightsisters. My first though is Cassian. He can pile on healing immunity, ability block, offense down, defense down, and speed down on a character and there will be no way to cleanse it.

Edit: I was thinking his debuffs were for 2 turn, but the single target copy debuff is only 1. So not near as big as I was thinking.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Dretzle wrote: »
    I just discovered Talzin's true power, which everyone will soon realize. Plague makes it so debuffs can't be cleansed from that character. She may be a decent character on her own in, say, an empire or sith team for that reason. Pair her with Deathtrooper so he can lay down healing immunity, too (which can't be dispelled) and then Plague also won't go away because they won't get back to full health.

This is spot on. Plague makes an afflicted unit immune to dispels, and it also ignores protection when dealing its damage component. I don't know if that is super clear from what we've revealed.

It isn't clear if self dispels will still work or not.
  • Everyone jumped straight to Deathtrooper to pair with nightsisters. My first though is Cassian. He can pile on healing immunity, ability block, offense down, defense down, and speed down on a character and there will be no way to cleanse it.

Edit: I was thinking his debuffs were for 2 turn, but the single target copy debuff is only 1. So not near as big as I was thinking.

Wouldn't Emperor Palpatine work well too? Talzin would do damage to all plagued enemies after she hits with her basic combined with Palp doing the same thing with shock
  • ...there has not been fun new content released in 8+ months.

Hero's Journey, Artist of War, Daring Droid...
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Another clarification needed, Will the Revive-assist-Kill mechanic of Daka trigger the Royal Gaurd to taunt?
  • Speculative:
    You will need GG to unlock Talzin. 2 reasons, 1) it fits the narrative of the show. I have been told GG defeats Talzin with a group of droids. Clarification would help if this is incorrect.
    2) Most people have enough other separatists and all 5 NS toons unlocked to very easily get Talzin. This will sell zero packs, however, and is not profitable.
    My hope: any 5 separatists or all 5 NS to get Talzin. Or even a marquee event so you can still catch Talzin and keep her on the bench.
  • BoogieWoogiw
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Speculative:
    You will need GG to unlock Talzin. 2 reasons, 1) it fits the narrative of the show. I have been told GG defeats Talzin with a group of droids. Clarification would help if this is incorrect.
    2) Most people have enough other separatists and all 5 NS toons unlocked to very easily get Talzin. This will sell zero packs, however, and is not profitable.
    My hope: any 5 separatists or all 5 NS to get Talzin. Or even a marquee event so you can still catch Talzin and keep her on the bench.

Thing is that even 10% players don't have unlocked all NS. And how many of them have sisters ready on 7*?
    Silimar with separatist.
    Both fraction sucks so no one care...till now
    Be sure that they sell enough packs
  • @MmoProNick why wouldn't it trigger RG's taunt, unless it's a one hit kill with the first attacking Nightsister. Just like any other assist it will trigger even if the second hit does kill.
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    @MmoProNick why wouldn't it trigger RG's taunt, unless it's a one hit kill with the first attacking Nightsister. Just like any other assist it will trigger even if the second hit does kill.

Because royal gaurd wont taunt if you kill someone who is above 50% hp. Im wondering if that could be At or above 50% hp that dies prevents a taunt. But basically, killing a toon doesnt peoc his taunt, i wonder if thats the case here.
  • Everyone jumped straight to Deathtrooper to pair with nightsisters. My first though is Cassian. He can pile on healing immunity, ability block, offense down, defense down, and speed down on a character and there will be no way to cleanse it.

Wouldn't Emperor Palpatine work well too? Talzin would do damage to all plagued enemies after she hits with her basic combined with Palp doing the same thing with shock

Yeah I find palpatine to be 3 times as good as Death trooper, especially under ventress lead, for his self heal will give all your NS toons 50 turn meter.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Ofc, anakin will get 100tm from the deaths by talzins basic, AND he inflicts both healing and buff immunity....

The true power lies with him....
  • Wouldn't it be nice if cg just told us what we needed to unlock talzin? Instead they will let us know 2 days in advance..
  • @MmoProNick oh I was talking about Rg on the other team so when your sisters attack but not kill it procs, were you referring to Rg on your team so when your sister is revived and then dies again does it proc his taunt.
    I think if that's the case you are right since it's a insta death won't proc
  • thank you so much for this. i love nightsisters, they were my favorite thing from the clone wars and i've been waiting for an excuse to finally farm them. can't wait to have my all-girl squad!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »

I'm not a fan of the wording "a blow to", but grievous being mandatory would definately suck for many players, myself included. It is what it is, but i'm not a huge fan of making useless (your words), hard to farm characters mandatory to unlock legendary characters. A grievous rework is a whole different matter.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Speculative:

Just to speak to your point about what happens in the story...

GG defeats Talzin, but doesn't succeed in killing her initially. Her spirit remains and she is able to manifest herself as something more than a force ghost (Sidious explicitly believes that Talzin's magicks are the only credible threat to the 1,000 year old Sith Grand Plan). In one attempt to re-establish a physical existence, she battles and is defeated by Mace Windu. In her final attempt, after guiding Maul's rise as a challenger to Sidious as the true Lord of the Sith, Talzin almost succeeds in laying a trap for Sidious but is outsmarted by his counter-trap. In the ensuing force battle, she is able to match the raw force power of both Dooku and Sidious. She sacrifices herself create an opening for Maul to escape, and in that moment where she is successfully keeping Dooku and Sidious at bay GG kills her. It's unclear whether she is fully, finally dead, though this death seems much more final than her prior deaths. When Talzin is dead Sidious DGAF about the surviving Maul and is content to let him go do whatever it is Maul does.