I really appreciate what you all have been doing.
I want to say that as much panic farming and spending pressure that's been put out, there also has been care to reward more senior players and make investments of time and energy pay off.
Making it worthwhile to farm phoenix by providing multiple benefits for doing so was great.
And I really like TB because of the way it requires coordination. Whether or not it could be improved is another topic, but providing rewards and incentives for guilds to work together and strategize rather than just produce tickets and complete raids is definitely moving in the right direction.
And I know that you have heard this a lot already, but even players like me who overall like what's been happening feel a breaking point coming.
Please keep the following suggestions in mind to avoid that breaking point as you balance your financial goals with maintaining a happy customer base:
1. Don't require separatists and GG for Talzin. I get it, the separatists killed her. But for canon purists Talzin was shown as overseeing initiations and training of night sisters. Do this one yoda style. We all expected that with the announcement of dark side territory battles that GG would be important, whether for platooning or a special mission. And I definitely think players that have him should be rewarded, not only with a special event but with a rework of the character. But either create a different event with more advanced notice or provide GG rewards in TB or both. It will still be a hard slog, requiring spending, for most players to 7* GG even if players start actively farming him now. The whales will still get their reward, but most people don't have GG for a reason: for the last year he hasn't been a valuable toon to farm while also being the toon that costs the most to farm. Rework him so that it's not just a "gotcha, guess you should have farmed a low value toon" and incentivize people to farm him based on his own merit and the need to have rare toons for TB. Again, the people who already have him will still be disproportionately (which means in this case, fairly) rewarded for having already sacrificed to get him.
Many of us took the choice of Talia as October's character a signal that the inevitable Talzin would require night sisters. For those of us following the game and playing more religiously, the level of misdirection in going outside of night sisters - especially if GG is required - would rise to the level of an insult. Don't do things that seem like dropping clues but are just misdirections. The issue is not that giving us Talia shards isn't helpful for a NS team for whoever ends up picking Talzin, the issue is whether clues are clues or just misdirections that sabotage people's decision to spend resources strategically.
2. Don't release DS TB before the new year. I know that many players want to use their DS roster. If you're going to keep doing events, weigh them heavily for the dark side and reward and keep DS players interested that way. Continue to release more DS toons to the extent you release new toons. Focus on more DS reworks to the extent you rework toons. But don't disrupt the rhythm people are just beginning to find. GIve us a more specific timeline like "no sooner than." At this moment, most players have just adjusted to a TB routine. They are able to reliably predict what kind of loot they are going to get and make plans for their rosters: how much gets reinvested in light side TB, how much goes to arena, GW, long-term farms, etc. Give us a chance to meet our shorter term LS TB goals and start factoring in strengthening and expanding our DS rosters. I promise we will appreciate it. Make ewoks farmable well before DS TB is released. The pressure to get these toons is already high, don't increase that pressure by making them farmable at the same time that the pressure to get multiple strong DS teams is the strongest (DS TB release).
3. In general, just give us a breather. Even those of us who play this game compulsively reach a point where building on past investment no longer outweighs finding hobbies that aren't stressful. Those of us who're a little bit more compulsive are the ones that make this microtransaction model work. Please believe me that as much as I love this game, and am part of that group, that myself and many others like me who appreciate the new changes are also reaching our own breaking point and we're watching carefully to see whether we're going to see more pressure or less. I promise you with less pressure we will still be spending money.
4. Give us more lead-in time about required toons. We understand that exact release dates are not going to come out until the new content is basically perfected. But it is possible to tell us information like which toons are going to be required. Even those of us that bought the new stuff totally see what's going on with the short lead-in times. I can only speak for myself here but if this becomes a regular thing, rather than a special kind of simultaneous cash grab / player reward at the start of LS TB, it is going to be too much.
5. If you are absolutely dead-set on requiring GG now, require him for the marquee night sister toons and not Talzin. Those toons are not going to be farmable soon, they are going to be pay to play toons for at least a while, and GG is a pay to play / collector's toon. The people who will be interested in buying the new toons instead of waiting heavily overlap with people who have GG. Again, we already know and have accepted that there are going to be platooning dynamics in TB that reward pay to play collectors and since they finance the whole thing I think most of us have grudgingly accepted it, especially since we can still get decent rewards in TB without being whales - whales just get a nice cherry on top. Separatists need a rework anyways - don't make this a "gotcha" release by requiring GG and separatists.