[Dev comment] rumor of GG for talzin event

Prev13456
Darthzaderr
73 posts Member
edited October 2017
This is a big kitten you to the playerbase. Almost noone has grievous 7*.
A bit disappointed here, but oh well that should mean not everyone will have him like cls
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Where it is mentioned we require GG
  • GG is farmable since a very long time. No excuses to dont have him!
  • Is GG+separatist confirmed?
  • gflegui wrote: »
    GG is farmable since a very long time. No excuses to dont have him!

How about the excuse that he isnt good and there are better ways to spend shard shop currency!

No excuses he says. GG is farmable through 2 locations, sharp shop and fleet tokens. Now why would most people have GG. There are 10+ more important/useful toons/ships in fleet shop. And in shard shop, I can spend 3000 currency for 10 GG shards or I can 50+ gear pieces. So theres a few reasons.

CG should not require specific toons to unlock legendary toons. CLS event was a different story because hes so epic. But of the 5 other legendary events, specific toons arent needed. And for god sake can we cool it with the legendary toons?

How about the excuse that he isnt good and there are better ways to spend shard shop currency!

That is not an excuse. Is just your personal choice. Better ways to spend... you do not know the devs here. There is not better way to spend than unlocking new toons! Maybe you wont be number 1 in arena, but you will alleays have the last meta toon!
  • This is a big kitten you to the playerbase. Almost noone has grievous 7*.
    A bit disappointed here, but oh well that should mean not everyone will have him like cls
    I bet u own him with 7 stars...just like me but i dont care if he would be necessary or not...
    Just don't understand people who own some toons and write topics like this with hope that only they get new characters
  • 1 stungun away from g12 7* grevious... why? because i never liked qgj... and why not? I know eventually he will get reworked... and seperatists will get a faction pass... after all the negative nancys whining about the unobtainablilty of the chimara... it turned out to be pretty easy... i got a 5* chimara np and next time around I'll be ready to get it to 7*...

Im amped about nightsisters rework and the unique things there bringing to the game... looks fun... and i been farming seperatists and clones since rumors about them started early sept... so now seperatists ate confirmed to be needed to unlock talzin, idk if grevious is required... but wouldn't suprise me he was... and if that is the case then i do not feel sorry for the ones who have not unlocked or developed grevious... he has been farmable for a loooooong time and relevant in arena or not, grevious is definitely kewl as a cucumber.
  • Oh well. I chose baze and DN and fulcrum ahsoka tano instead. More recently gear for arena team.

If he is a requirement then so be it. Can't complain
  • In all fairness, Talzin does not look like she is going to change the meta in any way. It's more for completionists, and completionists probably have their 7* GG.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Is this confirmed? Can I get a link?

Or is it all speculation?
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    1 stungun away from g12 7* grevious... why? because i never liked qgj... and why not? I know eventually he will get reworked... and seperatists will get a faction pass... after all the negative nancys whining about the unobtainablilty of the chimara... it turned out to be pretty easy... i got a 5* chimara np and next time around I'll be ready to get it to 7*...

Im amped about nightsisters rework and the unique things there bringing to the game... looks fun... and i been farming seperatists and clones since rumors about them started early sept... so now seperatists ate confirmed to be needed to unlock talzin, idk if grevious is required... but wouldn't suprise me he was... and if that is the case then i do not feel sorry for the ones who have not unlocked or developed grevious... he has been farmable for a loooooong time and relevant in arena or not, grevious is definitely kewl as a cucumber.

This isn’t about what you have and what you don’t have. It’s about the community. It’s about the issue of “panic farming”

GG May have been farmable, but even at gear 11 he hits like a noodle. And he sabotages your team. It makes no sense to farm him for battles. By your logic, the ONLY reason to farm him is that he may get a rework....which is a waste of the resources you have when there are better toons out there that are actually useful, and won’t be collecting dust. Most of us farm toons to actually use them and be competitive. As a result, the vast majority of players do not have GG. Which brings up panic farming....Giving us 2 weeks to farm him is the issue and is why people are so upset.
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    removed
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Where it is mentioned we require GG
    Hiya!
    I was going to save this for monday, but wanted to stave off what appears to be a rather odd bandwagon!
    There has been no mention of character requirements. And if there has, I'm fairly certain its speculative because all that's been revealed are the Nightsisters today. Or friday- pretty sure I'm bleeding into saturday as of this posting.
    Enjoy the weekend you guys. We'll have more info for you next week.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Ty Kozispoon it seems I fell victim to some trolls on here about confirmed requirements
  • But watch the trolls be right lol.....he's just saving your weekend.
  • I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere to where he is needed. Honestly I’d be a little confused if he was unless the other 4 requirement were NS.

Every login character recently has been the devs telling us who we will need to be farming for the next main character like phasma was in sep and Luke before him in August. This month is Talia, not a separatist.

I feel like it’s way more likely that the other 5 NS will be required to unlock mother Talzin if she’s even is a legendary(don’t see that confirmed either but her kit makes her seem legendary) and they will all be reworked before her event comes out.

Having GG + 4 NS makes some sense to me, even though it’s a bit strange. Honestly if it’s either of those factions I won’t be getting her anyway the first time around. I have GG 5* but I don’t have enough in either of those factions to be able to unlock her.

I really think a dev should clarify so people don’t preform separatists and then get upset when NS are actually required. What’s an extra couple panic farming days anyway? I doubt many people have a full nightsister team or 5 really good separatists (I imagine most people only have B2 and count dooku leveled), so money will still get spent; her kit is definitely good enough to facilitate spending. Honestly, I would spend $10-$20 if that’s all I needed to unlock her, I think she can be used for a variety of teams with her dispel block.

TLDR; Unless I see it from the devs, my speculation is that Mother Talzin requires the other NS, not separatists, to unlock.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I saw another post where a mod stated that no requirements have currently been announced.

It 100% makes more sense though that the other NS toons will be required to unlock her over having separists, especially now with the clarification. IMO, follow the login character if you are going to be pre farming, it’s how the last two legendary characters have worked.

You can really even go back to May and June where bveers and then Tarkin were the daily logins respectively, and then R2 was released requiring empire. July was slightly an outlier with Chirpa since Ewoks aren’t currently needed for a legendary character (C3PO?), but they were still the main event characters for the month getting their rework and some new releases, and of course the special AT-AT battle.
  • @CG_Kozispoon already answered this rumor.
    Hiya!
    I was going to save this for monday, but wanted to stave off what appears to be a rather odd bandwagon!
    There has been no mention of character requirements. And if there has, I'm fairly certain its speculative because all that's been revealed are the Nightsisters today. Or friday- pretty sure I'm bleeding into saturday as of this posting.

• Ambassador wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon already answered this rumor.
    Hiya!

He didn't clear the rumor... just said that at this point GG as a requirement is only speculation!
  • Unlikely to be GG, other post was speculation and somebody pretending to be in the know.
  • Thanks for linking that post @Ambassador

You are correct @gflegui that it hasn’t been unconfirmed, but you gotta remember that the devs never said anything when people speculated about the CLS requirements, and that’s because they were correct.

I’m still gonna stick to NS being required; Talia being the login character is a huge factor for me thinking that.
  • It all depends on which way will get the most money from panic farming and overpriced packs.
  • @gflegui : I meant by "rumor" : "the rumor that it had been confirmed". :smile:

As for the rest, nobody knows anything, so it's all pure speculation, and the forum has been wrong at least as many times as right (Jango Fett rumors, for example :wink: ).
  • The only thing I think you could safely say at this point is if it’s a legendary toon release then it will require either the same faction a la Yoda & CLS or the opposite faction like BB8/Thrawn/EP/R2

So who is ready? I’m not... I’ve got squat both ways round! I’m shooting for Seperatists but only based on a hunch.
  • Because it makes a lot of sense. The goal of this game is to make money. Requiring characters that are hard to get or very few people have encourages people to spend money on packs. Grievous is one of the harder farms. Very few people have him 7*, and you can't quickly get him there if you need him. So a lot of people would buy his pack if he is a requirement. And the storyline fits very well.

I'm personally hoping it's more like the Yoda event though. Also keep in mind that they said they are releasing "several new nightsisters". Talzin isn't the end.

• wearywarrior74
    760 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Galoopa wrote: »
    It all depends on which way will get the most money from panic farming and overpriced packs.

I did speculate GG will be needed, and this is exactly why. I will also clearly state I have no basis for my speculation outside of what should generate the most revenue.
  • Additionally, I stated GG defeated Talzin with some droids, so following that narrative would have merit.
  • Great, with all the people starting to farm GG this weekend they will probably change the requirement... from Grievous to CUP .. or Gamorrean Guard.
This discussion has been closed.