[Dev comment] rumor of GG for talzin event

Replies

• I have a 7star Grevious....I think it should be Grevious!

7 stars and you still can't spell his name correctly. :|
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »
    GG is farmable since a very long time. No excuses to dont have him!

I've got a very good excuse to not have him, he's awful.

I agree he isn't the greatest, but he isn't awful. He is in dire need need of a rework, much like the Jedi
  • As stated by the devs on here. Neither general grievous nor seperatist faction have been officially stated by anyone. Most events are tied in someway to the hero drop for the month. Last month it was phasma because you needed first order for bb8. Because Talia is this months drop, I imagine mother talzin will work like Yoda. You will need a full squad of nightsisters to prove their worth and unlock her.
  • Kronen wrote: »
    As stated by the devs on here. Neither general grievous nor seperatist faction have been officially stated by anyone. Most events are tied in someway to the hero drop for the month. Last month it was phasma because you needed first order for bb8. Because Talia is this months drop, I imagine mother talzin will work like Yoda. You will need a full squad of nightsisters to prove their worth and unlock her.

That makes sense too
  • We'll see. I favor NS over separatists.
  • What would actually make sense is just to have a CLS-like string of battles where she fights Dooku and Grievous together, then a 1v1 with Mace, then all the Nightsisters.
  • Orba
    62 posts Member
    I do think it should be Nightsisters we need to use, the monthly character is a Nightsister, and when characters like this have been added we have usually had to use the newly revamped characters that month in order to encourage players to give the revamp a try. R2 came out during the Imperial Trooper revamp, CLS came with revamps to Leia, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke and the two Hans, etc.

It would be strange for them to want us to use a faction like the Separatists rather than the newly revamped Nightsisters since it is a faction that needs a major revamp nearly as much as the Nightsisters. When the Separatists get their revamp they could do something cool like the attack on Dathomir for the event but forcing us to use them before the revamp would be strange. If nothing else they would be making extra work for themselves since if they built an event around the use of a broken faction then they would have to then go and rebalance it for after the revamp.
  • It’s definately nightsister. I’m basing this solely on the fact that acolyte was the only character left to unlock (other than hermit yoda), therefore I may have to burn crystals to get her 7* in time
  • Bb8 was unlocked with fo after they gave phasma shards.. so it s possible it ll be ns..
    But i would guess markee event as we cab t have a legendary event each month and more legendary toons are coming with the movie release
  • I'm free to play and have GG at 7*, he wasnt hard to get so don't see why he can't be a requirement like anyone else.

Everyone moaned about having to farm old Ben for CLS and how hard that was...seems there will never be an event without half the people moaning they don't have a character and how unfair it is
  • Orba
    62 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Startomsto wrote: »
    Bb8 was unlocked with fo after they gave phasma shards.. so it s possible it ll be ns..
    But i would guess markee event as we cab t have a legendary event each month and more legendary toons are coming with the movie release

The one thing that could indicate that it will be more than a marquee event is that Talzin comes with the Plague debuff, characters that introduce new buffs and debuffs tend to appear through events that are bigger than marquee. EP brought Shock, R2 had Burning, Thrawn has Fracture, CLS has Call to Action, BB8 has Secret Intel. The last time we saw a new buff/debuff that was marquee was Hera's Backup Plan and Sabine's Armor Shred, and they couldn't really have made the source of their shards above marquee since Phoenix Squadron is very much designed to work as a single unit.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Orba wrote: »
    Bb8 was unlocked with fo after they gave phasma shards.. so it s possible it ll be ns..

The one thing that could indicate that it will be more than a marquee event is that Talzin comes with the Plague debuff, characters that introduce new buffs and debuffs tend to appear through events that are bigger than marquee. EP brought Shock, R2 had Burning, Thrawn has Fracture, CLS has Call to Action, BB8 has Secret Intel. The last time we saw a new buff/debuff that was marquee was Hera's Backup Plan and Sabine's Armor Shred, and they couldn't really have made the source of their shards above marquee since Phoenix Squadron is very much designed to work as a single unit.

Krennic had stagger, deathtrooper had deathmark, boba had resolve, hermit yoda had his thing
  • Orba wrote: »

The Sith release brought a lot of new mechanics though. DN had annihilate and drain force that increased CDs and it bypassed the tenacity check. SA and SithTrooper both did damage that avoided protection, another first at the time.

You also had stagger introduced with DK in marquee and DT's deathmark as well. There's precedent for new mechanics being introduced in marquee events.

This made me lol.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....

Also a good excuse to start farming him since his rework is coming eventually :)
  • Honestly, I started farming him a week after Greivous was introduced. I think I'd been playing for 3 months at the time.

I started up on him because the meta at the time was dodge- and counterattack-heavy and his basic negated both of those. I also figured that I'd need him for something eventually, so the sooner I got him started the sooner I'd have him finished. I unlocked him a couple months later, used him a little and liked him well-enough, but the low rarity was a problem because his HP was so low anyway, and that's the main thing affected by stars. By the time mods came out I think I had him most of the way to 5* and that fixed a lot of his problems because you could increase his speed and improve his HP--also about that time I discovered how good HK-47 was as a leader and Greivous was my 4th droid (+Jawa Engineer) until I got B2.

I still use Greivous in Galactic War and raids. In AAT he does more damage than when I use Chief Nebbit. He'd be good in Arena even now if not for all the counterattacks that make droids obsolete.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Grevious is actually quite good but would be better if the reworked his kits and gave him a **** Zeta already for his leader ability...
  • Omeah wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Honestly, I started farming him a week after Greivous was introduced. I think I'd been playing for 3 months at the time.

I started up on him because the meta at the time was dodge- and counterattack-heavy and his basic negated both of those. I also figured that I'd need him for something eventually, so the sooner I got him started the sooner I'd have him finished. I unlocked him a couple months later, used him a little and liked him well-enough, but the low rarity was a problem because his HP was so low anyway, and that's the main thing affected by stars. By the time mods came out I think I had him most of the way to 5* and that fixed a lot of his problems because you could increase his speed and improve his HP--also about that time I discovered how good HK-47 was as a leader and Greivous was my 4th droid (+Jawa Engineer) until I got B2.

I still use Greivous in Galactic War and raids. In AAT he does more damage than when I use Chief Nebbit. He'd be good in Arena even now if not for all the counterattacks that make droids obsolete.

Who's Greivous?

He's this guy whose name I can never spell correctly so I've just stopped trying. I know I could say "GG" instead, but I don't like using acronyms. I'd rather just spell it wrong.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Honestly, I started farming him a week after Greivous was introduced. I think I'd been playing for 3 months at the time.

Who's Greivous?

He's this guy whose name I can never spell correctly so I've just stopped trying. I know I could say "GG" instead, but I don't like using acronyms. I'd rather just spell it wrong.

So true
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    c1ever_pun wrote: »

Also a good excuse to start farming him since his rework is coming eventually :)

Looking at the list I have now looks like GG is... just ahead of Gamorrean Guard. I'm not about to invest to a toon based on their future rework.

It has been pointed out with Nightsisters that why give us the rework if they are not to be used now?
  • When you ignore how hard it is to unlock General Grievous he's an OK character, but still not one of the best droids (which are lacking besides R2 and BB-8). He has some uses, like he might be better than 88 on a droid team against a CLS team, but other than that he's very limited. His stats are also bad in today's standards. But then when you consider how hard it is to unlock him he becomes one of, if not the worst, character to invest in. I know he appears in fleet shipments sometimes but I'm talking about when he was exclusive to shard shop. I have him 7* gear 12 and I don't even consider putting him in anywhere. His unique (besides the health gain from droid allies) and leader ability are terrible and end up hurting you more than they benefit you. His basic is OK, but there's lots of characters that have a better version of this. Grievous Wounds doesn't do enough, and Sinister Laugh is just pathetic nowadays. All in all, for how hard it is to unlock him he's terrible and needs a rework. A rework will make it so that he's actually worth the time investment and he can become really good if the devs take inspiration from some of the really good player made rework out there.
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    When you ignore how hard it is to unlock General Grievous he's an OK character, but still not one of the best droids (which are lacking besides R2 and BB-8). He has some uses, like he might be better than 88 on a droid team against a CLS team, but other than that he's very limited. His stats are also bad in today's standards. But then when you consider how hard it is to unlock him he becomes one of, if not the worst, character to invest in. I know he appears in fleet shipments sometimes but I'm talking about when he was exclusive to shard shop. I have him 7* gear 12 and I don't even consider putting him in anywhere. His unique (besides the health gain from droid allies) and leader ability are terrible and end up hurting you more than they benefit you. His basic is OK, but there's lots of characters that have a better version of this. Grievous Wounds doesn't do enough, and Sinister Laugh is just pathetic nowadays. All in all, for how hard it is to unlock him he's terrible and needs a rework. A rework will make it so that he's actually worth the time investment and he can become really good if the devs take inspiration from some of the really good player made rework out there.

Exactly. The point is, at the end of the day, GG is a mediocre toon whose importance and priority to farm has been repeatedly surpassed by the release of vastly more useful toons throughout this last year.

Also, what is irksome is that right now, while we're speculating over GG's part in this event and lamenting his overall lack of utility, the devs know exactly what kind of event Mother Talzin will have and what is required, and they are refusing to tell us due to either some algorithm or just some financial advisors that calculate what level of preparation that we have will earn the most $$.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    No excuse not to have GG. I've had him 7* for months, never got him from Shard Shop, Fleet Shipments all the way. I'm F2P, and patient. Same way I got Maul, Cody, echo, and Vader (except for some achievement rewards) all to 7* without paying a dollar.

GG still sucks, but that doesn't matter when you're a collector and completionist. Every toon, every star, every gear, EVERY ABILITY, EVERY MOD, EVERY EVENT, EVERY MIDICHLORIAN!!!

Maybe not the midochlorians. Still not s fan that anakin is Space Jesus. I'll stick with the good ol' fashion classic story of underdog rising above in the face of destiny shtick.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    No excuse not to have GG. I've had him 7* for months, never got him from Shard Shop, Fleet Shipments all the way. I'm F2P, and patient. Same way I got Maul, Cody, echo, and Vader (except for some achievement rewards) all to 7* without paying a dollar.

GG still sucks, but that doesn't matter when you're a collector and completionist. Every toon, every star, every gear, EVERY ABILITY, EVERY MOD, EVERY EVENT, EVERY MIDICHLORIAN!!!

Maybe not the midochlorians. Still not s fan that anakin is Space Jesus. I'll stick with the good ol' fashion classic story of underdog rising above in the face of destiny shtick.

This sounds like an excuse for having grievous. It's okay, you don't have to be ashamed for having a 7* grievous.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    leef wrote: »
    This sounds like an excuse for having grievous. It's okay, you don't have to be ashamed for having a 7* grievous.

Lol ; )

Edit: I was super excited at first. I felt so demoralized when I finally tried him in a team at 7*s and geared up, invested credits, and it was like ewoks throwing rocks at storm troopers. The realistic version.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Mother will be unlocked with Gamorean Guard, Ugnaught, Lobot, Corruscant Underworld Police, and Greedo all Level 85, 5* A mods maxed, GS 12, and Omega’d.

It was written on a bathroom wall at a Love’s truck stop in Podock County on Route 66 near the raceway where the borders of Maine, Colorado, Montana, California, and Mississippi touch.
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    When you ignore how hard it is to unlock General Grievous he's an OK character, but still not one of the best droids (which are lacking besides R2 and BB-8). He has some uses, like he might be better than 88 on a droid team against a CLS team, but other than that he's very limited. His stats are also bad in today's standards. But then when you consider how hard it is to unlock him he becomes one of, if not the worst, character to invest in. I know he appears in fleet shipments sometimes but I'm talking about when he was exclusive to shard shop. I have him 7* gear 12 and I don't even consider putting him in anywhere. His unique (besides the health gain from droid allies) and leader ability are terrible and end up hurting you more than they benefit you. His basic is OK, but there's lots of characters that have a better version of this. Grievous Wounds doesn't do enough, and Sinister Laugh is just pathetic nowadays. All in all, for how hard it is to unlock him he's terrible and needs a rework. A rework will make it so that he's actually worth the time investment and he can become really good if the devs take inspiration from some of the really good player made rework out there.

Agree with your analysis. Consider, As anti lore as it is, GG with plagued enemies could be beastly since his debuffs can’t be wiped so easily. I think talzin shifts the meta back to debuffers and away from crit and counter. The power of heavy debuffers like tarkin, vet han and chewie, b2, tfp, etc goes back to ‘intended’ when you can’t wipe it all and then become immune to more debuffs in one move.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »

So I guess that means you also have every single ship available in fleet at 7*, and you have every zeta ability available? No? You did say EVERY ABILITY didn't you?

Or did you mean that you had to make choices like everybody else, and you chose GG? Whereas somebody else's choice to work on something different might be equally valid?
This discussion has been closed.