Phoenix in arena laughable

Nzchimeran
165 posts Member
edited October 2017
Totally the easiest team to kill in arena.
Low hitpoints, low damage.
Phoenix counter attack is negated by not using AoE on them.
I was very surprised how poorly the AI controlled them and at how weak each character was even at level 85 max stars and gear 8-9
It was like shooting fish in a barrel

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    G8-9 is nothing in arena. They are a decent team but the AI doesn't always handle them right.

They have some good DPS but are geared more towards a survival team.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    G8-9 is nothing in arena. They are a decent team but the AI doesn't always handle them right.

They have some good DPS but are geared more towards a survival team.

Gear 8-9 in arena gets you in the 400's on my server and enough rewards coming in every day.
    The thing is regardless of gear level, Phoenix struggles against a similar rated enemy group.
    If power creep is even on both sides, Phoenix gets obliterated.
    Phoenix damage output is incredibly low.
    Fun to play, nice on paper, just incredibly underwhelming regardless of gear level.

My changes.
    Zeb gets taunt.
    Dps outputs reworked.
    Chopper loses taunt ability

• Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

My changes.
    Zeb gets taunt.
    Dps outputs reworked.
    Chopper loses taunt ability

Chopper's taunt makes him useful. That taunt, with choppers speed, usually prevents ezra from being killed immediately and the rest of phoenix being picked apart.
  • Well a gear 8-9 team in the 400s probably wasn't appropriately modded or zetaed, not really the best example of their usefulness
  • Pheonix will beat you just as easily as you beat them if equal in gear, mods, and zetas. AI sucks on both ends.