GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Prev13456744
Cecton
234 posts Member
edited January 2016
Is anyone else experiencing this? Before level 60 I was completing GW everyday fairly easily and once I hit 60 I am unable to clear the last couple of nodes. Half way through I am coming against teams 6 levels higher than me fully geared that severely weaken my teams. Usually the last two nodes are slightly easier but my roster is already exhausted by the time I get there. It may be that I need to focus leveling up a few more toons but the last week I was leveling and gearing Dooku Vader and Daka from 0.

Here is my roster:

1ZzagMN.jpg[\img]
Post edited by Cecton on

Replies

• Galactic War needs a serious revision. I can cross the board half way by using my strongest level 60 characters. These are Sid, Jedi Consular, Chewbacca, Dooku, and a random 5th. Everything goes along nicely until I start hitting other teams in the 50s. Once Dooku and Sid get taken out its all over. Especially once they are gone plus my Consular.

I run up on stronger and stronger teams who still have their Sid and Dooku. These two characters are total team destroyers even at a 4* level. I have many other characters. Sometimes, I can use another 15-20 characters to move across the board a little more but, then they are depleted.

Is this typical of what everyone else is finding? What were your solutions? Is there a solution?
  • yeah the galactic war is hard, but since i use team with luminara (coz i dont have OP Bariss) as leader, with consular, old Daka, Sid and Dooku, i ve been able to clear the board this few days. These are all speedy character.

The strategy is to aim their Sid or IG-88 (because heal immunity) and alternating heal between stage with Lumi leader skill heal a small amount every turn
  • Guess I've been unlucky there. The last two battles I did tonight had ig-88, Sid, and Dooku. They all got to attack first. Destroying my characters. I made it three forth of the way across the board which is a new record.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Sigh.. hope you'll have better luck tomorrow....I've been v lucky this pass few days with the galwar....and even more so today.

My default setup is Sav, Maul, Cons, Dooku and Lumi...usually by the time I hit the 5-7th battle one of them would've already been exhausted.. but surprisingly today, none of them did and it was smooth sailing throughout.

.( ofc it was just them AI teams that I had to deal with by the time I cleared the first half of the war...) but that being said, the galwar difficulty is v inconsistent..

If they're going to stick to a difficulty then I suggest just sticking to AI teams...OR alternate between AI teams and Actual Squads so that players get buffer time inbetween...instead of unnecessarily being wiped out for the first half of the war...
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    You really need to have at least 2 healers in your team in order to keep the team alive since you don't restore health between battles.

My current set up is Luminara (L), Sid, Jedi Consular, as the core with the last two spots alternating between Dooku, Asajj, IG-88, or whoever I have available at max level depending on how many characters I lose in fights.

Going healer heavy has allowed me to completely clear the GW board for the last 4 days (I'm level 60). Where as before (global launch) I could only clear up to 9 of the 12 battles if I was lucky because AoE damage was insanely high back then.

You have to decide who your high priority targets will be for each fight.

If there's only one healer on the enemy team I'll always take them out first, the exception here for me is if that healer is Barriss Offee. This is because she's actually tanky as hell and if you can't stun/block her heals she'll easily undo all the damage you do to her and you've wasted all your cooldowns while taking damage from the rest of the team.

If Sid is there I'll take him out next as I don't want him to debuff any of my characters with healing immunity. Some people will rather take out Dooku next because he can be very dangerous with his multi attack potential.

Other than that you just need to keep working on your main characters and make sure you level up their gear and skill ranks as high as you are able to in order to get them stronger.
  • Slushie, we seem to be following the same formula. I'd say your characters are probably just higher stars than mine. I've been super focused on unlocking new characters. I'll get stormtrooper Han today. I'm going to try to up Luminara. She has shards all over the place.
  • I usually go straight for Barriss if I see her in a squad for the reason you already named. I try to avoid attacking Dooku until last because he's attack crazy.
  • I pulled a Stormtrooper Han today from a pack...I'm pretty much set in my rotation of leveled up characters by now, but I'm still relatively early going...level 38, near 39. Would you suggest leveling him up and adding him to the rotation? He does *look* useful.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • I'll let you know more once I get him. I should have him tonight sometime.
  • Who else are you leveling?
  • Slushie, we seem to be following the same formula. I'd say your characters are probably just higher stars than mine. I've been super focused on unlocking new characters. I'll get stormtrooper Han today. I'm going to try to up Luminara. She has shards all over the place.

Other than Sid who is 6* my other characters are mainly 4* and 5*. I should have Luminara at 6* by the end of today. But yeah I've been trying to unlock more characters but now I really should just focus on getting the ones I have now to 7*.

Funnily enough I'll usually leave Barriss until last because she doesn't seem to do that much damage and can take hits so it's a perfect opportunity to either make sure your current team is fully healed up before next fight or you can leave and rotate in the low health characters that need to recover without risk of being taken out by Barriss before a healer can take their turn.
  • I have about 15 one or two star generic characters. These characters are mainly attackers and I have them mostly in the 30-40 level. They are mainly attackers and have no chance against the 50+ teams encountered towards the last half of the Galactic War.

While they aren't doing me much good at the moment, they should in the long run. Once they are leveled and stared up. It's a trade off in the beginning. Do you want a few high star characters or a multitude of medium to low star ones?
  • I have 36/65 characters unlocked right now.

I've only levelled the ones I can use effectively for GW to 60 (so about 12 characters). I have another 12 sitting in the 30-50 range and the rest are sub 20 that I know I won't use any time soon (1* and 2*).

I just keep them there as cheap level/gear up options for the daily activities completion since my high level characters are all maxed out on gear.

Figured right now I should focus on having a strong core team to get me through most content then I can focus on farming the other characters.
  • I'm going to try to control my impulse to have all the characters as fast as possible. Besides starring up my main guys, I'm going to move on to unlocking as many Jedi as possible. There are many all Jedi teams in PVP now. Bringing in AoE characters is pure suicide with some of these teams. I've had attackers get taken out immediately after an AoE. How? Counter attacks. Ever see 4 Jedi jump on a Jawa or droid? I have and it really stings to watch them go down.
  • Yeah the Jedi counter team is pretty strong. Unfortunately I don't have many of the Jedi needed for that set up unlocked yet.

Only Jedi I have right now are Luminara, Consular, Ahsoka (only 2*), and Aayla (3*).
  • Yep. My Consular is 4* and I have the other three at 3*. I'm missing Barriss, Plo Koon, and Eeth or whatever his name is. I did just unlock Stormtrooper Han. I only had gear for lvl 2 and cash, training droids to go to level 58. His strength is very low so I hope his other abilities are good.
  • In reference to original post, I agree. Galactic war needs serious revision. I play on American version that just came out a week ago. I am lvl 41 and in top 10 in "arena". In my galactic war today on stage 5 I got matched against a lvl 45 (does not exist on our server yet. I made it past him and a few more but then in match 8 of 12 I got put against a lvl 54!! Seriously?
  • Im done right here
  • Here
  • That's the last one right. I am stuck at 11.
  • That's battle 9. Barriss and Luminara are healing everyone. The other 3 are fast and hit hard. Darth maul is a killer.
  • I won and I'm a lvl 40. It gets a little difficult but obviously it's meant for pros. Gotta upgrade your team more
  • I'm starting on stars now. I'm at max level but, its not enough.
  • Yeah it is **** near impossible. I am finding teams who are 10 lvls above me geared right out 6 stars. Currently I have Lumi 4 ☆, Sid 5☆, Talia 5 ☆, Chewie 4☆, Consular/Dooku 3 ☆. Working on lvling up last two and chewie. But honestly it is impossible when you are down ten lvls and two tiers of gear. Please fix.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It seems to be really random. Today I faced a level 60 team (I'm level 49) on my 8th fight. Not fully decked out, I had no problem with them by using careful rotation and cooldown management.
    I went into my last fight fully prepared for something nasty.. team was level 42. Huh?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • i got piled on today, the ai totally nuked on my healers and took them out early, inwas toast after that
  • Opticon
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I came here to post about this exact issue. I am level 50 and just ran into a level 56 with 3 purple heroes that utterly destroyed 4 of my team and left the 5th with a sliver of health. Next up is a level 58... I will be lucky if I kill one of them before I am totally wiped out.

In regards to bringing more than 1 healer... doesn't help much when one of them dies from the first round of focused attacks.

Update: First round they killed Barriss who was left with not much health, then wiped me out at the start of round 3. Ridiculous.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Are you guys using tactical retreats?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I agree it needs to be looked at. For the most part I find it pretty close to being on point, but like today for example, every now and then I get a deal breaker team. I'm at level 49, so my team is mostly 48, and my second to last match today was a team of three 54s, 4* and higher, with three of them having that pretty purple circle. That's just absurd. I did clear it through tactical retreats and such, but I had nothing left over for the last match. And that's amazingly frustrating to get that far and not be able to finish.