Character Strategy- Mother Talzin

Replies

• Brilliant meta-changing and lore-appropriate kit. Goodbye GK, Barris, Chirrut, Rex, and some shards heavy in Fulcrum being high in the meta (usage, not leader). And good riddance.

I think zBarriss is going to laugh at Talzin. Let's just say Talzin attacks a character and puts plague on it. Another character attacks the plagued toon and crits it, only said toon still has protection left...protection absorbs all the damage and zBarriss gives them a 20% heal putting them back to full health and clearing the plague. Chirrut might have a bit tougher of a time, but it just seems like a race to stack HOTs vs Plague. Hermit Yoda will probably laugh at Talzin too. If Talzin becomes popular it just makes toons with access to heals more useful, not less.

I don't see Nightsisters shaking up the meta a lot. If they use Han in some sort of rebel team they just stun Talzin, wreck Daka, finish Talzin and NS are pretty much crippled. If they run a GK/zBarris/Nihilus team it seems like it will be hard to stick plagues early on thats to Barriss heal and passive heal, and if you do manage to get a few to stick Nihilus will have probably already annihilated once or twice and crippled your revive potential.

It seems like tenacity up also pretty much shuts down plague. I mean...sure...you'll still get plagued if its coming in a manner that can't be resisted...but ultimately I'm more worried about a pile of debuffs I can't get rid of because of plague than just plague itself.

I think NS will just end up like Phoenix...they'll have a lot of synergy and be a fun squad to play that is decent at a lot of things but awesome at nothing. Hopefully like with Phoenix where we at least got Ezra who is still great outside of a Phoenix squad, maybe we'll end up with a NS or two good enough to plug into non-NS squads.

You have the option to plague + heal block / shock though. We need to see the NS stats and full updates however before knowing for certain. And of course the AI can't do anything with a team that either doesn't pew pew dead like Rebels or have a broken heal + taunt mechanic like GK / Barriss or Chaze + GK in its day.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Brilliant meta-changing and lore-appropriate kit. Goodbye GK, Barris, Chirrut, Rex, and some shards heavy in Fulcrum being high in the meta (usage, not leader). And good riddance.

I think zBarriss is going to laugh at Talzin. Let's just say Talzin attacks a character and puts plague on it. Another character attacks the plagued toon and crits it, only said toon still has protection left...protection absorbs all the damage and zBarriss gives them a 20% heal putting them back to full health and clearing the plague. Chirrut might have a bit tougher of a time, but it just seems like a race to stack HOTs vs Plague. Hermit Yoda will probably laugh at Talzin too. If Talzin becomes popular it just makes toons with access to heals more useful, not less.

I don't see Nightsisters shaking up the meta a lot. If they use Han in some sort of rebel team they just stun Talzin, wreck Daka, finish Talzin and NS are pretty much crippled. If they run a GK/zBarris/Nihilus team it seems like it will be hard to stick plagues early on thats to Barriss heal and passive heal, and if you do manage to get a few to stick Nihilus will have probably already annihilated once or twice and crippled your revive potential.

It seems like tenacity up also pretty much shuts down plague. I mean...sure...you'll still get plagued if its coming in a manner that can't be resisted...but ultimately I'm more worried about a pile of debuffs I can't get rid of because of plague than just plague itself.

I think NS will just end up like Phoenix...they'll have a lot of synergy and be a fun squad to play that is decent at a lot of things but awesome at nothing. Hopefully like with Phoenix where we at least got Ezra who is still great outside of a Phoenix squad, maybe we'll end up with a NS or two good enough to plug into non-NS squads.

I hope they don't shake up the "meta".
    It is fun being different. When characters do change things and become the new gotta have hype train many are chasing makes me have to find a new team. I have been waiting for a NS rework so I hope they are "usable/ok" so others will stay away from them.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2017

6 & 7 Star mods? Oh please NO, that would destroy the game
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Does plague also render passive dispels null, like R2's combat analysis for example?
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    UNIT NAME:Mother Talzin
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Nightsister, support
    Vicious Nightsister Leader who inflicts Plague, preventing enemies from Dispelling debuffs.
    ot8lgx9swpwf.gif
    ABILITIES:
    Basic: Ichor Lightning
    x4fnzhb42db4.gif
    Deal Special damage to target enemy and, if they were Plagued, inflict Plague for 3 turns. Deal Special damage to all Plagued enemies, which can't be Countered.
    Plague: Unit loses 5% Health when inflicted and at the start of their turns, is immune to allied Dispels, and loses all stacks of Plague when healed to full.

Special 1: Dark Magick
    4zy90vedym77.gif
    Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Plague for 3 turns. This attack ignores Protection. (Cooldown 4)

Special 2: Spirit Blade Assault
    oavd6ut10g9x.gif
    Deal Special damage to target enemy and call all Nightsister allies to Assist. If any enemies are defeated, all Nightsister allies are revived and recover 100% Health. (Cooldown 4)

Leader: The Great Mother
    • Nightsister allies have +50% Potency and +30 Speed. When a Nightsister ally uses a Special ability, they inflict Plague on the selected target for 3 turns, which can't be Evaded. When an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Nightsister allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
    • (ZETA): When a Nightsister ally uses a Basic ability during their turn, a random defeated Nightsister ally is revived with 50% Health and called to Assist, then the revived ally is immediately defeated unless an enemy was defeated (the revived ally can't be revived by this effect again until the end of the next turn)

Unique 1: Plaguebearer
    • At the start of each enemy turn, if they are Plagued and Talzin is active, they inflict Plague on another random enemy, which can't be Evaded or Resisted.
    • (ZETA): When any unit falls below half health, Talzin gains 35% Turn Meter

General Strategy, Synergy and Utilization

In PvE...
    Mother Talzin brings a completely new and fresh gameplay experience to the Nightsisters. In the Heroic Tank Raid, she offers an impressive amount of AoE damage through the use of “Plague” combined with “Ichor Lightning”. “Spirit Blade Assault” has the ability to revive all Nightsister allies, creating a powerful sustain mechanism which allows Nightsisters to recover from what would otherwise be a weak Raid attempt. Additionally, “Plaguebearer” makes Talzin a must-have for Nightsisters, whether she is under Asajj's lead or her own, and will ensure she is a mainstay of the squad for many, many full moons.

In PvP...
    Mother Talzin is crucial to a top-tier, competitive Nightsister squad. She is the only source of Plague, a new debuff unique to Nightsisters that serves as their primary source of damage in the first half of a fight. A well-constructed Nightsister squad is particularly difficult to beat on defense unless you bring the proper tools. The Zeta upgrade on “The Great Mother” provides a nearly unstoppable source of assists, generating bonus damage and extra control utility throughout each fight..

P.S
    Hiya!
    There are no plans for 6/7 dot mods this year. As with most of our Character Strat post gifs and media, there may be aspects the team is futzing with, experimenting or just using to make the showcase of the character cool.

Right. I haven't seen that. I hope not. Gear 12 already broke the game.
  • ElleMadara wrote: »

Kozi posted that this is not coming. I think edited OP.

Also could you edit out the massive quote of OP?

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Morning and happy monday!
    That I did. Thanks for pointing it out, @Anavel_Gato
    Appreciate the reiteration, but @ElleMadara there's no need to quote the character strategy post.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • You have the option to plague + heal block / shock though. We need to see the NS stats and full updates however before knowing for certain. And of course the AI can't do anything with a team that either doesn't pew pew dead like Rebels or have a broken heal + taunt mechanic like GK / Barriss or Chaze + GK in its day.

Its not going to work trying to plug 1 toon into a NS squad for HB/shock. That toon is just going to get focused down because you have no tank. A heal block or shock applied to a toon with most of its protection left isn't going to mean much. Drop 2 NS and throw in a toon for hb or shock and a tank and you might as well just run 4+Talzin if you want the plague that bad because you'd have lost so much NS synergy anyways at that point.
  • Morning and happy monday!
    That I did. Thanks for pointing it out, @Anavel_Gato
    Appreciate the reiteration, but @ElleMadara there's no need to quote the character strategy post.

LOL Excuse me :(
  • Appreciate the reiteration, but @ElleMadara there's no need to quote the character strategy post.

I thought I was the only one who was drove crazy by this. Ty
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hello everybody,
    the time has come yet and if Mother Talzin will arrive swgoh, I hope EA will bring to us more Nightsisters like
    • Karis: https://swgoh.gg/characters/karis/
    • Naa'leth:
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/naaleth/
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naa'leth
    (you know both of the assassination with Asajj Ventress to Count Dooku alias Darth Tyranus):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyiDDQYPUIs
    • Luce: https://swgoh.gg/characters/luce/

and some (undead) Nightsister Zombies to Halloween:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyXPiysXY7E
    Post edited by JuliusSkywalker on
  • Brilliant meta-changing and lore-appropriate kit. Goodbye GK, Barris, Chirrut, Rex, and some shards heavy in Fulcrum being high in the meta (usage, not leader). And good riddance.

It's going to depend on the other nightsisters. Han will always be a problem right now. No tank is another issue, as is multiple AOE attacks with little way to avoid counter.

But what if they release a NS tank that tanks by granting all other night sisters stealth to start the battle? That would fit perfectly here. Now Han can't stun Talzin/Daka. No counter attacks against them. And Acolyte can do some massive damage when stealthed with other NS. That character right there, regardless of other abilities, would make NS a meta team.

Most likely that won't be coming, but I'm just making a point that you can't judge them yet.
  • You have the option to plague + heal block / shock though. We need to see the NS stats and full updates however before knowing for certain. And of course the AI can't do anything with a team that either doesn't pew pew dead like Rebels or have a broken heal + taunt mechanic like GK / Barriss or Chaze + GK in its day.

Its not going to work trying to plug 1 toon into a NS squad for HB/shock. That toon is just going to get focused down because you have no tank. A heal block or shock applied to a toon with most of its protection left isn't going to mean much. Drop 2 NS and throw in a toon for hb or shock and a tank and you might as well just run 4+Talzin if you want the plague that bad because you'd have lost so much NS synergy anyways at that point.

Don't need a tank and never have. During the Chaze + GK meta I ran DV lead with EP, SA, Tarkin and DN and crushed sculls and defended well. CLS meta...no tank - currently run CLS, Han, Leia, R2, and Thrawn. If you know how to build a team you don't need to use GK as a crutch.

Besides, I'm thinking of plugging her in to a general DS team with EP / DT for example - possibly under and EP or DV lead.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    You have the option to plague + heal block / shock though. We need to see the NS stats and full updates however before knowing for certain. And of course the AI can't do anything with a team that either doesn't pew pew dead like Rebels or have a broken heal + taunt mechanic like GK / Barriss or Chaze + GK in its day.

Don't need a tank and never have. During the Chaze + GK meta I ran DV lead with EP, SA, Tarkin and DN and crushed sculls and defended well. CLS meta...no tank - currently run CLS, Han, Leia, R2, and Thrawn. If you know how to build a team you don't need to use GK as a crutch.

Besides, I'm thinking of plugging her in to a general DS team with EP / DT for example - possibly under and EP or DV lead.

No tanks no tanks!
    I wouldn't run one of except paploo is so kitten fast.
  • scuba wrote: »

No tanks no tanks!

I'd be working on Ewoks now if not for the NS prep in case of an urgent need. That AT ST event is going to come back around at some point and have some nice value. If you had to farm one of Paploo or Logray from shipments to get a 5th to 7*, which would it be (Teebo, EE, CC, and Scount are all 7* already)?

But on tanks..yeah I've not seen a difference in my tankless squads compared to other teams with tanks in how they can win on offense or defend. From my payout 14 hours ago I'm still at 6 on a Nov '15 shard with good competition. Sometimes I'll fall to low 20s or late teens.
  • ok I never risked predicting the meta before, but I am fairly certain she will be part of it.
    Talzin + Deathtrooper could completely shut down the enemy team =
    AoE "no dispel unless healed" + AoE"Debuff + heal immunity" looks like an OP combo to me
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @Bulldog1205 A stealth mechanic might be too much given how powerful the rez synergy looks. Add stealth and you'll NEVER be able to debuff this squad, including deathmark, heal block, T-Down etc.

A tank that puts out plague on taunt (like poe's expose) could be a nice substitute for subbing out daka/talia or aco/ini though.
  • So, before the gamechanger vids and/or new toons come out, do we all generally agree the pure NS squad is:
    Mother Talzin (lead)
    Old Daka
    Asajj Ventress
    Talia
    .... TBD

Thoughts?
  • So, before the gamechanger vids and/or new toons come out, do we all generally agree the pure NS squad is:
    Mother Talzin (lead)
    Old Daka
    Asajj Ventress
    Talia
    .... TBD

Thoughts?

Acolyte the way they present her seems like she will be the heavy damage dealer, so I'd think she's key, but we need to see the full stat upgrades and how they perform as well. Can't really go by what we've been given so far.
  • question about talzins leader zeta (i never saw it so if it was asked already sorry)." a random defeated Nightsister ally is revived with 50% Health and called to Assist" if nihilus annihilated a nightsister can they come back for the assist attack only (wont revive of course) or are they s1000% dead and cant come back for that assist?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

No tanks no tanks!

I'd be working on Ewoks now if not for the NS prep in case of an urgent need. That AT ST event is going to come back around at some point and have some nice value. If you had to farm one of Paploo or Logray from shipments to get a 5th to 7*, which would it be (Teebo, EE, CC, and Scount are all 7* already)?

But on tanks..yeah I've not seen a difference in my tankless squads compared to other teams with tanks in how they can win on offense or defend. From my payout 14 hours ago I'm still at 6 on a Nov '15 shard with good competition. Sometimes I'll fall to low 20s or late teens.

@JohnnySteelAlpha Well for actual use Logray. Paploo kicks kitten at 4 or 5 star. However it seems that platoons like paploo.mine is 5* and can take a couple the triple hit from zeta solo and then with zeta heals right back up.
    I think they will be (paploo and logray) made farmable today as this is the 12 week point from the end of their events
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    (ZETA): When a Nightsister ally uses a Basic ability during their turn, a random defeated Nightsister ally is revived with 50% Health and called to Assist, then the revived ally is immediately defeated unless an enemy was defeated (the revived ally can't be revived by this effect again until the end of the next turn)

What does "end of the next turn" mean? Whose turn are we talking about here? The NS ally whose basic triggered this revive/death? The next time you as the player get to take a turn (so 4 NS allies can keep reviving/assisting the same 5th defeated ally, x4 in a round)? Is it just worded this way to keep a double-attack from reviving twice in a single turn?
  • When will you release these nightsisters?
    Do or don't there is no try
  • "Leader: The Great Mother
    Nightsister allies have +50% Potency and +30 Speed. When a Nightsister ally uses a Special ability, they inflict Plague on the selected target for 3 turns, which can't be Evaded. When an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Nightsister allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
    (ZETA): When a Nightsister ally uses a Basic ability during their turn, a random defeated Nightsister ally is revived with 50% Health and called to Assist, then the revived ally is immediately defeated unless an enemy was defeated (the revived ally can't be revived by this effect again until the end of the next turn)"

Will a NS defeated by annihilate, execute, or terminate still be temporarily revived for this assist?
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    "Leader: The Great Mother
    Nightsister allies have +50% Potency and +30 Speed. When a Nightsister ally uses a Special ability, they inflict Plague on the selected target for 3 turns, which can't be Evaded. When an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Nightsister allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
    (ZETA): When a Nightsister ally uses a Basic ability during their turn, a random defeated Nightsister ally is revived with 50% Health and called to Assist, then the revived ally is immediately defeated unless an enemy was defeated (the revived ally can't be revived by this effect again until the end of the next turn)"

Will a NS defeated by annihilate, execute, or terminate still be temporarily revived for this assist?

My guess is "no, they will not revive", since there's no language in there that overrides the "cannot revive" description for DN/Boba/DT. In contrast, the Zombie Nightsister's description does have language that seems to override this mechanic.
  • Calx wrote: »
    (ZETA): When a Nightsister ally uses a Basic ability during their turn, a random defeated Nightsister ally is revived with 50% Health and called to Assist, then the revived ally is immediately defeated unless an enemy was defeated (the revived ally can't be revived by this effect again until the end of the next turn)

What does "end of the next turn" mean? Whose turn are we talking about here? The NS ally whose basic triggered this revive/death? The next time you as the player get to take a turn (so 4 NS allies can keep reviving/assisting the same 5th defeated ally, x4 in a round)? Is it just worded this way to keep a double-attack from reviving twice in a single turn?

I'd love to hear this answer as well.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    I'm specifically thinking about Gar Saxon now, and how he will assist literally every time you go out of turn. So if all 4 of his allies counterattack (+4 counters), and one of them is Sabine (+2 extra), and one of them is Leia (+2 extra), and one of them is Ezra (+1 extra), then Gar will assist 9 times in that single turn.

My assumption is that this wording (and mechanic) prevents those shenanigans.
  • It just means it can't happen more than once on that characters turn. So Acolyte, who has the ability to attack twice with her basic, will only trigger that effect once. For the most part you can just ignore that clause if you want to simplify things, because there aren't many double attack opportunities for nightsisters.
  • Calx wrote: »
    "Leader: The Great Mother

My guess is "no, they will not revive", since there's no language in there that overrides the "cannot revive" description for DN/Boba/DT. In contrast, the Zombie Nightsister's description does have language that seems to override this mechanic.

Yeah I'm assuming they don't assist. I watched warriors stream and one was killed by annihilate (only one down at the time), and she never came back to assist.