Am i the only one happy with updates here?

Consider im a Freemium player(And yes i didn even buy the Dooku pack!).. I feel im the luckiest guy today! They made Sidious super strong whom i just made 5* today.. Plus they made Darth Maul super OP against Jedis(I was lucky during my chromium Pulls to get a 4* DM)... On top of that Ashoka got 21 percent increase in her Special Attack!! (She's in my A-Team now about to become a 5*)...

I dont really play with overhyped strong characters... But ive made this team which has been doing well for me in PVP based on synergies...Always in top 60..Right now my A-Team is..
5* Darth Sidious
4* Darth Maul
5* Luminara
4* Ashoka
5* Talia
Guess its been a good Day! :D

Replies

• hmmm have u tested ur darth maul? it doesnt looks like it is giving dbl dmg to jedis for me. And its not getting the critical hits it used to receive..
  • I'm happy with the changes also, mainly for the same reason you described...I don't use the "meta" characters. Never used Barriss, Old Ben, even Lumi for that matter who was not nerfed. In fact, my team consists of a couple characters many have labeled bad or horrible on these forums, and yet I stay in the top 5 consistently.

Plus, it's always fun to sit back and watch the rage whenever nerfs are announced.
  • Valdorian wrote: »
    I'm happy with the changes also, mainly for the same reason you described...I don't use the "meta" characters. Never used Barriss, Old Ben, even Lumi for that matter who was not nerfed. In fact, my team consists of a couple characters many have labeled bad or horrible on these forums, and yet I stay in the top 5 consistently.

Plus, it's always fun to sit back and watch the rage whenever nerfs are announced.

Hahahah so true!!! Only the Spenders suffer.. While we enjoy our Popcorn! :wink:
  • SlyWalker wrote: »
    hmmm have u tested ur darth maul? it doesnt looks like it is giving dbl dmg to jedis for me. And its not getting the critical hits it used to receive..

Well i just checked.. Its attacks to non-jedis seem weaker than before.. But it weeps out all the jedis in one shot.. Or if they're lucky they have small amount of life left in them..
  • Still glass cannon. Before the buff I always targeted Maul first when I ran across him, and nothing has changed. You basically have to have Chewie taunt and a little luck to effectively use Maul in PvP.... Not sure about other modes of course as I don't have him
  • The fact they are attempting balancing is a thrilling development. Keep up the good work to keep the game fun for everyone IMO. The day my precious Boba Fett breaks the meta and needs a nerf, I'll be very, very sad, but until then I'll keep my healers close and my Darth Sidious closer.
  • It's a sad day to already see nerves flying by. Now it's baris, tomorrow its sidious and day after that it's old Ben.
    People that buy Kylo for that insane amount of money can expect a nerf also next week?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I've already voiced my criticism so I'll join you in agreeing that overall I'm happy with the update. I still perceive Barris as useful if they could make it easier to farm her. Many folks will now get Kylo and have him with Sidious for 2 characters that block healing and Bariss is really the only one that can still heal through that. For overkill you could add i88 for another healing debuff and his massive damage boost correlated with enemies with debuffs... Sure add Vader and Anakin for kicks lol
  • Nah, I am happy with the changes even if they negatively impact my Jedi Healers.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    I've already voiced my criticism so I'll join you in agreeing that overall I'm happy with the update. I still perceive Barris as useful if they could make it easier to farm her. Many folks will now get Kylo and have him with Sidious for 2 characters that block healing and Bariss is really the only one that can still heal through that. For overkill you could add i88 for another healing debuff and his massive damage boost correlated with enemies with debuffs... Sure add Vader and Anakin for kicks lol

So am I.. I get that newer players will get frustrated when they face these OP characters.. But that's the game.. Not everone can be on top.. And if they really hate it so much.. Why not work hard towards gettin those characters and coming up with strategies so that they cement their place in PVP.. I never bought Dooku but i have him after grinding him for nearly 2 weeks.. They need to understand u cannot be on top overnight.. It really takes time and patience..
  • Darkcloud wrote: »
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    hmmm have u tested ur darth maul? it doesnt looks like it is giving dbl dmg to jedis for me. And its not getting the critical hits it used to receive..

Well i just checked.. Its attacks to non-jedis seem weaker than before.. But it weeps out all the jedis in one shot.. Or if they're lucky they have small amount of life left in them..

Yeah I realised that his aoe to non jedis seems gimp now..
  • Everyone was so busy savouring the bitter taste of Nerf and prices that they forgot to enjoy the few gifts we received.
    • We got 3* poa or phasma (whom I heard Is a chick in shiny armor).
    • They made all the new guys accessible for freemium. Which also means possible farming for payers too, unlike Obi-Wan and Maul, them silly chromium unique. Imagine kylo and phasma was like them, would've been so bad.
    • The new characters design actually looks SO GOOD. Even though I don't have kylo, spinning him around like a toy figure was great fun. Since cinemas are all sold out weeks ago, I only got my seats in premium cinema on the 23rd. Have to spoil myself a little for Star Wars.
    • They rolled out daily crystal subs! I bought my old 7 days recently, and the new 7 days actually stacks with it! Now I receive 2 crystal shipments a day. (I paid for them both, but it's nice having 2 at once).
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    Everyone was so busy savouring the bitter taste of Nerf and prices that they forgot to enjoy the few gifts we received.
    • We got 3* poa or phasma (whom I heard Is a chick in shiny armor).
    • They made all the new guys accessible for freemium. Which also means possible farming for payers too, unlike Obi-Wan and Maul, them silly chromium unique. Imagine kylo and phasma was like them, would've been so bad.
    • The new characters design actually looks SO GOOD. Even though I don't have kylo, spinning him around like a toy figure was great fun. Since cinemas are all sold out weeks ago, I only got my seats in premium cinema on the 23rd. Have to spoil myself a little for Star Wars.
    • They rolled out daily crystal subs! I bought my old 7 days recently, and the new 7 days actually stacks with it! Now I receive 2 crystal shipments a day. (I paid for them both, but it's nice having 2 at once).

Well said :smile: ... I got Phasma though.. Heard its based on what OS ur using... Sadly its releasing on 25th here in India.. So im avoidin goin to Social networkin sites for a week! Lol.. And yeah its good to know kylo and rey are farmablr.. I'll start farming kylo as soon as talua becomes 7* :smile: .. It'll take some time but i hope they dont pull him out after a week from Cantina 4-C
  • Darkcloud wrote: »
    Consider im a Freemium player(And yes i didn even buy the Dooku pack!).. I feel im the luckiest guy today! They made Sidious super strong whom i just made 5* today.. Plus they made Darth Maul super OP against Jedis(I was lucky during my chromium Pulls to get a 4* DM)... On top of that Ashoka got 21 percent increase in her Special Attack!! (She's in my A-Team now about to become a 5*)...

I dont really play with overhyped strong characters... But ive made this team which has been doing well for me in PVP based on synergies...Always in top 60..Right now my A-Team is..
    5* Darth Sidious
    4* Darth Maul
    5* Luminara
    4* Ashoka
    5* Talia
    Guess its been a good Day! :D

I too have Sidious, Luminara and Ashoka so I too am very pleased with this twist of fate. I am also happy to get Phasma free and I'll sideline him and wait to see if he's worth the energy to build, still not complaining at all with this change. I personally was tired of seeing endless teams, all Bariss, almost identical teams so this refresh will switch up my competition. I do also on the flipside feel for those who did pay because they paid such a high cost and to see this happen was unfortunate. I'm not the type of player on SWGOH where I have hate for P2P players in any way. It's my choice to be F2P, I'm not forced, but this is only a game at the end of the day....
  • Tera_Nightwalker
    23 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Just can say, I hate this day....for once, cause I hate all nerfing in common, it's the wrong way...especially when tempering with items for real money...and there are better aproaches to work on balancing than just nerf down what the whiners demand...

Also hate this day, cause I'm one of those who have purchased Baris and played a lot with her...what they did, is a f*** quick shot without real thinking about it...reducing her heal from 25% to 10% is just ****
    Now she isn't more than a mere HP equalizer, but no healer any more...I'd even say, she is useless now, cause damage is crap, heal is crap, and just redistributing team HP is not a real skill needed.
    My aproach would have been to think about this HP redistribution of her...anyway have no clue how even the force could do that, but well...would have tried to not use all HP of all team members for redistribution, but maybe just 50%....(f.e. if Chewie has 6300 HP left, just use 3150 for redistribution) while at least keeping her 25% heal...which was already weaker than even consular heal...maybe tweak to 20% but with option to increase to 30% by skill upgrades

No, with just 10% "heal", Baris is f*** joke of team member, and yes, I say useless for combat...

EA, I hoped you are better than that, considereing your experience with games, you should have known, just nerfing on whiners demand is crap...but guess I should have known you are not...
    Expect my request for a refund, since money seems to be the only way making you listen...do the same to HK47 next week, and another refund request will follow...
  • Just can say, I hate this day....for once, cause I hate all nerfing in common, it's the wrong way...especially when tempering with items for real money...and there are better aproaches to work on balancing than just nerf down what the whiners demand...

Also hate this day, cause I'm one of those who have purchased Baris and played a lot with her...what they did, is a f*** quick shot without real thinking about it...reducing her heal from 25% to 10% is just ****
    Now she isn't more than a mere HP equalizer, but no healer any more...I'd even say, she is useless now, cause damage is crap, heal is crap, and just redistributing team HP is not a real skill needed.
    My aproach would have been to think about this HP redistribution of her...anyway have no clue how even the force could do that, but well...would have tried to not use all HP of all team members for redistribution, but maybe just 50%....(f.e. if Chewie has 6300 HP left, just use 3150 for redistribution) while at least keeping her 25% heal...which was already weaker than even consular heal...maybe tweak to 20% but with option to increase to 30% by skill upgrades

No, with just 10% "heal", Baris is f*** joke of team member, and yes, I say useless for combat...

EA, I hoped you are better than that, considereing your experience with games, you should have known, just nerfing on whiners demand is crap...but guess I should have known you are not...
    Expect my request for a refund, since money seems to be the only way making you listen...do the same to HK47 next week, and another refund request will follow...

Her heal still fully heals some being focused, she just isn't as good vs aoe damage.

This train of thought people have demanding refunds is hilarious to me. Can't recall how many times a character I was playing in a game (mmo a big culprit here) got a tweak/nerf. You paid, stil have the content, and it was less than a night out drinking or a date.

Here's ****** stars, you seem to like stars.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I just used her (borrowed her) and she healed someone for over 4k. She is still very good... people are just whining because they touched something that they purchased.

Thanks to borrowing her, I was able to beat most of the round 6 light side battles (to get the +physical damage item) with significantly lower level people than I should have. Hear random heal + increase in HP + heal ability, makes her bonkers. *edit*, this is post nerf borrowing I did this on. Can only imagine the easy mode it would have been with pre-nerf.
  • Tryban
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Haters will hate, whiners will whine, stupid will be stupid...etc., etc.
    There is a difference between equal opportunity vs. equal ouctcome.
    I get both sides of this. But simply put, Barriss was easily beatable to begin with.
    I don't mind changes and adjustments, but to have that drastic of a change so soon, that was wrong.
    I'll be patient and see what EA decides to do to compromise and make this right.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Tryban wrote: »
    Haters will hate, whiners will whine, stupid will be stupid...etc., etc.
    There is a difference between equal opportunity vs. equal ouctcome.
    I get both sides of this. But simply put, Barriss was easily beatable to begin with.
    I don't mind changes and adjustments, but to have that drastic of a change so soon, that was wrong.
    I'll be patient and see what EA decides to do to compromise and make this right.

Fully agree, changes and adjustments are ok, but simply reducing is wrong and a crap solution to crappy demands of this whining faction unable to play...Baris was really beatable with ease...she needed her unique heal to be of real use...
    I envy your patience though...once I also had it, but guess I'm too long with EA products now to keep it...
    They clearly have seen the last purchase from me, until finally taking purchased values seriously and try other aprochaes to achieve game balance than taking away...

@NixHara : that's not healing, what Baris does now...she "heals" 10% wich is crap...redstributing all HP just makes others more vulnerable...and btw, I don't like *****, it's just the content filter...filtering words not needed to be filtered...

@Barrok : No, Im not only complaining cause I purchased her...also would do if gotten her for free....cause 10% heal is just crap....they should have worked on this 100% redistribution of everyones HP...instead killing her heal to near non existance...only effect of me having purchased her is, I'm less polite in my complains ;)