Character Strategy- Nightsister Zombie

Prev1
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited October 2017
UNIT NAME-Nightsister Zombie
vjik8zkvnv4c.gif
Vile Nightsister Tank who inflicts Tenacity Down and can't be stopped from reviving endlessly.

Basic: Blight Touch
v191al9ha0q3.gif
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Tenacity Down for 2 turns.

Special 1: Feed
7q4p49edj5qm.gif
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Nightsister Zombie has full Health, Dispel all debuffs on her. Otherwise, this attack has +100% Health Steal. (Cooldown 3)

Unique: Endless Horde
At the end of her turn, and the start of each encounter, Nightsister Zombie gains Taunt for 1 turn. Whenever Nightsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter, which can't be prevented.

In PvE...
Nightsister Zombie plays a unique role, as her continuous Revival and Taunting mechanics are utilized to distract opponents from the rest of the Nightsister squad. Her constant 1-turn Taunt allows her to defend against the powerful tank shots in Phase 3 of the Tank Raid, and her Tenacity Down on basic lets the rest of the squad inflict negative effects more reliably. Zombie’s low damage numbers mitigate her usefulness in certain Raid phases, but she is the perfect fifth Nightsister in other phases, where tanky characters are much more viable, and routine application of debuffs and Turn Meter removal is key.

In PvP...
Nightsister Zombie introduces the first “Pre-Taunt” since Shoretrooper and Baze Malbus entered the game, and is the only unit who can Revive through “Revive Immunity.” This combination makes her extremely effective at keeping Nightsister squads alive and functioning. Nightsister Zombie is a challenging nuisance to work around before dealing with the Nightsisters’ primary threats, and her synergy with Mother Talzin makes her a better fit in a Nightsister squad than General Kenobi or other top-tier tanks.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Wait what
  • CLS will still completely wreck Nightsister teams, but this could be a lot of fun
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i can only hope this toon is as slow as baze....
  • Benignbiggs
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I dont know, this seems really good! Zombie will be the new reason to throw your smart phone across the room and scream in frustration.

For us Dark Side fans, this is very welcome.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    CLS will still completely wreck Nightsister teams, but this could be a lot of fun

By ignoring the taunt? CLS would have to solo the whole team (which I know has been done). The endless reviving seems like a huge boost to overall survivability. Isn't the correct strategy to focus down tanks like Baze and GK early on in a match? If yes, then this design would precisely counter that strategy.

Am I crazy, or would Zidious be (ironically) insane in a reworked Nightsister team? Gain 50% TM when any unit is defeated, which will seemingly happen on nearly every turn.
  • So for example, boba's execute which prevents someone from being revived will not have any effect on zombie? If so I am not too fond of that since there are barely any mechanics like that in the game and would provide a seldom few counters to the endless revive
  • Calx wrote: »
    CLS will still completely wreck Nightsister teams, but this could be a lot of fun

By ignoring the taunt? CLS would have to solo the whole team (which I know has been done).

Buff block, buff dispel. Tank is neutralized. He doesn't have to kill the team by himself.
  • And this is a canon character, so is the Spirit, from the Clone Wars series. Cool.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Bossak wrote: »
    So for example, boba's execute which prevents someone from being revived will not have any effect on zombie? If so I am not too fond of that since there are barely any mechanics like that in the game and would provide a seldom few counters to the endless revive

Revive Immunity implies that Boba's Execute and DN's Annihilate will not prevent revive. Immunity > "cannot"

Calx wrote: »

By ignoring the taunt? CLS would have to solo the whole team (which I know has been done).

Buff block, buff dispel. Tank is neutralized. He doesn't have to kill the team by himself.

Zombie will dispel self on hit (or has 100% health steal to get up to full health).
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member

Unless she has full health, at which point she will 'Feed' to remove all debuffs on herself, and then regain taunt at the end of her turn
  • Just to be clear, on "Endless Horde" does the "which cannot be prevented." mean that you just made Boba and DN's zetas both useless? (i.e. even if she is annihilated by DN with a zeta'd annihilate or Boba's zeta'd execute, she can still revive?)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Bossak wrote: »
    Zombie will dispel self on hit (or has 100% health steal to get up to full health).

Ah, yeah, forgot about that. Still counterable with a stun. Or by keeping her just under full health. Or maybe she's just slow enough it won't matter. This is all nit-picking, though. Seems like an annoying character to play against.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, on "Endless Horde" does the "which cannot be prevented." mean that you just made Boba and DN's zetas both useless? (i.e. even if she is annihilated by DN with a zeta'd annihilate or Boba's zeta'd execute, she can still revive?)

"Useless" is strong. Can't you just Annihilate Talzin instead? Just like Jyn's immunity doesn't make Han's Shoot First useless; just don't target her with stuns.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Zombies...ghosts...is this Star Wars?

I mean, I'm sure these characters are in a tv show or comic or something, but this isn't my Star Wars.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't know what happened to the formatting in my previous post, but I was addressing Calx and Spyda's point that she dispels de-buffs on attack.
  • TVF wrote: »

I mean, I'm sure these characters are in a tv show or comic or something, but this isn't my Star Wars.

Are you forgetting the force ghosts of Old Ben, Yoda, and then finally Vadar/Anakin Skywalker in (voice only in SW), ESB and ROTJ ?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, on "Endless Horde" does the "which cannot be prevented." mean that you just made Boba and DN's zetas both useless? (i.e. even if she is annihilated by DN with a zeta'd annihilate or Boba's zeta'd execute, she can still revive?)

Aren't those omega abilities anyway?
  • Calx wrote: »

"Useless" is strong. Can't you just Annihilate Talzin instead?

Zombie always has taunt up. Kinda hard to annihilate Talzin if Zombia has taunt working. That said, the two abilities I mentioned are omega's not zeta's - but making omega's fairly useless is not a great design either.

Now, Boba can ignore taunt, so he's got that working, but it seems an odd design choice to start creating abilities that make previous zeta/omega abilities weaker. I get power creep, but that's a bit too strong, imho.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)

Aren't those omega abilities anyway?
    tenor.gif
    I was gonna chime in, but y'all got it.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    WarygoSax wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Are you forgetting the force ghosts of Old Ben, Yoda, and then finally Vadar/Anakin Skywalker in (voice only in SW), ESB and ROTJ ?

Different kind of ghosts. I mean "horror" ghosts. But your point is valid.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

"Useless" is strong. Can't you just Annihilate Talzin instead?

Zombie always has taunt up. Kinda hard to annihilate Talzin if Zombia has taunt working. That said, the two abilities I mentioned are omega's not zeta's - but making omega's fairly useless is not a great design either.

Now, Boba can ignore taunt, so he's got that working, but it seems an odd design choice to start creating abilities that make previous zeta/omega abilities weaker. I get power creep, but that's a bit too strong, imho.

Completely agree, I fully understand power creep, but think it should be done through increased stats and new op skills, not blatantly ignoring previously established game mechanics. Maybe they'll change the verbiage on nihilus and Boba to reflect that it's not always true though?
  • TVF wrote: »

I watched the whole CW series and TBH those were my LEAST liked of them all. Zombie as a toon in general? Meh at least there is SOMTHING there. But spirit? Cmon ppl lets use our brains!
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2017

By ignoring the taunt? CLS would have to solo the whole team (which I know has been done). The endless reviving seems like a huge boost to overall survivability. Isn't the correct strategy to focus down tanks like Baze and GK early on in a match? If yes, then this design would precisely counter that strategy.

Am I crazy, or would Zidious be (ironically) insane in a reworked Nightsister team? Gain 50% TM when any unit is defeated, which will seemingly happen on nearly every turn.

The toon you're looking for is anakin...
  • I truly hope this is a very bad joke and they arnt being serious
  • Whenever Nightsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter, which can't be prevented.

What happens if DN with omega annihilate kills NZ, does it revive or not?
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    MmoProNick wrote: »

The toon you're looking for is anakin...

Great call. I totally forgot about him b/c mine is awful.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    you wat
  • Whenever Nightsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter, which can't be prevented.

cant be prevented wins, like with special buffs and buff immunity
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • This is the moment that this game jumped the zombie spirit shark...

@CG_Kozispoon Which is it? Cannot be revived or cannot be prevented?