Replies

• uschievil
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    what is this kitten?
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • VikingSith wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    No offense and I hope I do not get banned but if this is serious what the heck does this have to do with Star Wars? Game is getting crazy

Someone has not watched the Clone Wars series apparently. Both are canon.

Hi pac0naut!

PS: Ban him

@VikingSith My man!!!!!!!

PS: Agreed. Gotta know SW before making an SW comment!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • No offense and I hope I do not get banned but if this is serious what the heck does this have to do with Star Wars? Game is getting crazy

Go watch clone wars. Star wars is more than just the movies in case u didnt know. This is extremely relevent
  • Skywalker_Vader1, these two characters are part of the Star Wars CANON. Clone Wars season 4, episode 19, Massacre. Nightsisters used Dark Side powers to resurrect dead Sisters and also sent spirits to help in a battle agains General Grievous and his droids. Old Daka and all the other Nightsisters were slain, except for Mother Talzin
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    CLS will still wreck Nightsister teams. The meta remains unchanged.

Have you seen their gameplay dude? That broken OP CLS is doomed
  • Wow! Looks like so much fun! Can't wait to play!
    And bravo devs... i am happy and excited!
    Woo-Hoo!
    Perfect timing too!

And FYI for all the haters commenting already, dark side sorcery & alchemy was around before the sith, and literaly was the foundation of the old pre "rule of two" sith empire... if you enter a sith temple on korriban and DON'T encounter spirits & ghosts or zombie-like creatures then it's probably one of those new age "hipster sith" that thought all you needed was a lightsaber to be a sith...

The dark side has always been so much more than force powers and lightsabers... which is why you see emperor palpatine toss his lightsabers to the wayside and embrace the dark side in a manner seperate from just darth sidious... it could also be speculated that in his sociopathic scheming, palpatine used dooku to expose and eliminate his only real rival... mother talzin... the last remaing sith sorcerer/alchemist.

• Personal opinion: CG has jumped the shark.

I know lots of people liked the Nightsisters and liked the Clone Wars. Fine. Lots of people were waiting for Mother Talzin. Fine. Nightsister rework for Halloween. Fine. OK so far.

But really. REALLY?

Of all of the iconic, popular Star Wars characters that people would love (a personal wish—more KOTOR, Legends characters), and of all the factions that could really use a pass, and of all the QoL updates we badly need—

We get a generic zombie and ghost.

I'll even go this far: I would rather have gotten a Jar Jar Binks character. (Don't take that as a request, just a comparison.)

Jumped. The. Shark.
  • I love this, and especially in October. Perfect.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    Of all of the iconic, popular Star Wars characters that people would love (a personal wish—more KOTOR, Legends characters), and of all the factions that could really use a pass, and of all the QoL updates we badly need—

We get a generic zombie and ghost.

:)

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    No offense and I hope I do not get banned but if this is serious what the heck does this have to do with Star Wars? Game is getting crazy

Someone has not watched the Clone Wars series apparently. Both are canon.

but still, they could have gone with more known characters from clonewars. I'm biased because i don't like NS, that much is very true :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    they look ultra lame. Maybe they're fun to play with, but they're very low on the coolness scale. In my oppinion ofcourse, wich might be different than anyone else's.

If those are lame then what is half of the characters we already have?

I would say they look more unique than most of the characters, which is a good thing if you ask me.

• This is the moment that this game jumped the zombie spirit shark...
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Tactyou wrote: »
    This is an all time low

If I understand Zombie's mechanics correctly, they just made 2 zeta's useless at once (DN's annihilate zeta and Boba's execute zeta). Waiting for clarification, but if that is correct, you are right. Releasing characters that make previous zeta's useless is poor design.

Boba's Execute isnt a zeta, its an omega.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
    This is an all time low

If I understand Zombie's mechanics correctly, they just made 2 zeta's useless at once (DN's annihilate zeta and Boba's execute zeta). Waiting for clarification, but if that is correct, you are right. Releasing characters that make previous zeta's useless is poor design.

Its an omega for dn
  • Furthermore... and I'm going out on a limb here...
    By embracing the existance of mother talzin and darkside sorcery/alchemy in canon (im assuming it's canon now) this rework gives alot more stable ground to the theory that snoke will be tied to pre jedi/sith sorcery/alchemy arts...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    they look ultra lame. Maybe they're fun to play with, but they're very low on the coolness scale. In my oppinion ofcourse, wich might be different than anyone else's.

If those are lame then what is half of the characters we already have?

I would say they look more unique than most of the characters, which is a good thing if you ask me.

being unique doesn't necessarily mean you're also cool. But yes, there are alot of characters in the game that i consider lame/uncool.
    This is an all time low

Bobas execute is a zeta, darth nihilus's annihilate is just an omega. Ik because I have it.
    This is an all time low

Bobas execute is a zeta, darth nihilus's annihilate is just an omega. Ik because I have it.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/boba-fett/
    Boba's UNIQUE is a zeta
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Furthermore... and I'm going out on a limb here...
    By embracing the existance of mother talzin and darkside sorcery/alchemy in canon (im assuming it's canon now) this rework gives alot more stable ground to the theory that snoke will be tied to pre jedi/sith sorcery/alchemy arts...

Could be cool actually...

Are there any male nightsisters- in same species? Not zabrak nightbrothers...

new snoke theory ooooh :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This is an all time low

boba has a zeta unique. His special that prevents toons from reviving is a omega.
    correction: it's not even an omega upgrade, it prevents toons from reviving regardless of ability level.
  • Interesting. So are Ns going the ewok way? 3 marquees and a special event that returns like th atst? And I'm guessing that's what the Halloween event will be?
  • No... nihlus and boba can still execute or annihilate the other nightsisters... just NOT the zombie...

@leef @Nikoms565 come on you guys... nihlus is still gonna be one of the only ways to kill nightsisters... if you havent figured out how to work around a taunt yet... facepalm...

Zombie is just doing something new & different... and that is okay in my book... zombie doesn't look like much dps output at all, just a supreme PITA that if available in marque event, everyone is gonna have to learn to deal with.
  • The zombie seems OP. With the constant autotaunt and reviving, it’s going to be difficult for most arena teams to beat NS because you’re having to dispel the taunt every turn. Outside of thrawn’s fracture, I don’t see how else you can get around her.
  • I don't have an issue with the art -yet, but rather the cycle of (hey, look at this, with no warning to build teams and then finally, three cycles of the same thing just to get a 7 star of them). Please have more details on what to build and how long we have to build them when you do release announcements. Blindsiding people really isn't necessary to be profitable. If it is a good enough product, it will be profitable without keeping event details scarce until the last minute.
    IGN: l l BOOM l l
    SPECTRE SW
  • Notice that the toon has not appeared in the rosters yet. When Hoth Han, Leia and Hernit Yoda were announced they were in the roster immediately. Holding my breath we are being trolled as a good haha.
  • Zombie looks slow... plenty of time to dispel the taunt with nihlus, then eliminate a nightsister or two...

Or just use jyn/thrawn/foo/nihlus/zarris and feed nihlus 3 free turns + nihlus's energy drain and he can annihilate mother talzin/ventress on his second or third turn... and it all goes downhill from there.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Kittens!? Are you guys serious with this?
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • The new Nightsisters are unique, bring new gameplay to the table and could be a lot of fun. People have been crying that the Dark Side hasn't had much attention lately and now that the Dark Side is starting to receive updates, it's apparently the "wrong sort".

As a bonus, in the interests of diversity, it's good to see more female characters in the game and hopefully there will be many more with the new film being released. I'm not seeing any downside to these new characters. None whatsoever. At least these characters are canon - not like that Revan clown who is always being bleated on about. *yawn*
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    The zombie seems OP. With the constant autotaunt and reviving, it’s going to be difficult for most arena teams to beat NS because you’re having to dispel the taunt every turn. Outside of thrawn’s fracture, I don’t see how else you can get around her.

buff immunity a la CLS
  • Tactyou wrote: »
    This is an all time low
    Indeed my friend