Character Strategy-Nightsister Spirit

Prev13
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited October 2017
Nightsister Spirit
cejd9z3edczs.gif
Veiled Nightsister Attacker who Dispels, Stuns, and gains Foresight.

Basic: Spectral Embrace
bk60dpdim7j6.gif
Deal Physical damage to target enemy, inflict Speed Down for 2 turns and remove 20% Turn Meter. Gain Turn Meter equal to the amount removed.

Special 1: Possess
lxvfckzfvltn.gif
Deal Physical damage to target enemy, dipsel all buffs on them, and inflict Stun for 1 turn.

Unique: Malevolent Spirit
Nightsister Spirit gains Foresight for 1 turn at the start of each encounter. At the end of her turn, Nightsister Spirit gains Foresight for 1 turn. While Nightsister Spirit has Foresight, she has +100% Offense and her attacks ignore Armor.

In PvE...
Nightsister Spirit is an auto-include for any Nightsister Raid squad. She provides a large chunk of damage, and is essential in delaying the bosses during certain phases of the Raid. She is usually able to avoid being damaged thanks to Foresight from “Malevolent Spirit,” and her Turn Meter steal allows her to take more turns than most other units. She is great under a Talzin lead, where she can continuously remove Turn Meter and deal significant damage via both her basic and special attacks. Spirit is also valuable under an Asajj lead during Phase 3, where the utility of her basic attack compliments the Turn Meter removal from Asajj's leader ability.

In PvP...
Nightsister Spirit is the second highest single-target damage dealer in the Nightsister faction. She is akin to TIE Fighter Pilot, but offers more survivability thanks to the Nightsisters’ revive mechanics. The Stun from “Possess” contributes to the Nightsisters’ ability to establish control over a battle, and the Turn Meter steal from “Spectral Embrace” helps her go almost as fast as TIE Fighter Pilot. She is an important member of a competitive Nightsister squad.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Is the turn meter removal still resistable via tenacity?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Is the turn meter removal still resistable via tenacity?

giphy.webp
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • It's becoming of a joke really, those new toons
  • Spirit is also valuable under an Asajj lead during Phase 3
    Not in TB Phase 3.
    Not in Rancor Phase 3.
    Tank Phase 3, ok.
    :p
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »

giphy.webp

Hey Kozi, for those people who can't get your gifs to load, because of blockers or whatever, can you also use typed out words to respond?
  • This is lunacy, pls stick to REAL toons not ghosts!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Well, these nightsisters look like they'll be a royal pain to face in GW.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • MaathFaselli_1
    254 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon pls pls pls tell me this is some sort of a joke and u guys arn't seriously releasing these toons
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »

giphy.webp

Can someone please describe this answer for the visually impaired? Thanks.

• Well, She's got some splaining to do.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Finally! a dark side meta team!
  • Finally! a dark side meta team!

Composed of a team that 1% of star wars fans have ever heard of. This sucks. We want real star wars characters. You know how during their early preview, the Disney team sent Rogue 1 back to the director because it didn't feel like a star wars movie?

This is that. Please get rid of these non star wars characters and give us a star wars game.
  • Minowara wrote: »
    Finally! a dark side meta team!

Composed of a team that 1% of star wars fans have ever heard of. This sucks. We want real star wars characters. You know how during their early preview, the Disney team sent Rogue 1 back to the director because it didn't feel like a star wars movie?

This is that. Please get rid of these non star wars characters and give us a star wars game.

but they are star wars characters, watch the Clone Wars
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • ****, there are a lot of entitled people on this board...
  • Minowara wrote: »
    Finally! a dark side meta team!

I would say 50% instead. I know them, my wife also know them, my brother and his wife do not know them. 2 vs 2. ;)
  • These characters are just silly...
  • Silly are people who ask for more rebels scums oh i meant toons. Guys really go and watch Clone Wars...For 90% ppl here GW are only cinema movies....
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    CatoSan wrote: »
    These characters are just silly...

Just wait until you can make an entire Coruscant Police squad. That might actually make more sense in Star Wars than whatever this Ghostbusters crossover thing is...
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    These characters are from Star Wars canon. If you're not familiar with that part of the story, you should take some time to look into it. It's actually really good. The Nightsister are intriguing because they represent an idea, that there are things that exist in the Galaxy that aren't fully understood by the Jedi and the Sith. That in the remote corners of the Galaxy there are powers that can imitate, or even rival the force. The Nightsisters wielded such powers. Some of those powers included the ability to reanimate the corpses of fallen sisters, or to preserve the spirit of a fallen sister in such a state that it could continue to communicate and interact with the physical world.

It seems a little odd to me that someone could claim that this is outlandish and absurd, while fully accepting force power like those wielded by Darth Plagues (who could prevent death altogether), or the Jedi (who could persist beyond death as a ghost or spirit) as totally normal.
    Wouldn't you agree?

After all, it's a large Galaxy. Anything could exist out there.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    @Spyda I don't know what the Nightsisters are, and I don't care honestly. But I also don't fault the devs for putting them in the game, because apparently they are a big part of Star Wars.

But I think there's a very underwhelming feeling when "generic" characters like "Zombie" and "Spirit" are added instead of actual, named characters like Luce (whoever that is). And maybe Luce is coming, I don't know.
  • Who you gonna call ghostbusters. I vote for ghostbusters to be added into the game next.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    @Spyda I don't know what the Nightsisters are, and I don't care honestly. But I also don't fault the devs for putting them in the game, because apparently they are a big part of Star Wars.

But I think there's a very underwhelming feeling when "generic" characters like "Zombie" and "Spirit" are added instead of actual, named characters like Luce (whoever that is). And maybe Luce is coming, I don't know.

Nightsisters (and nightbrothers) are actually a really big part of star wars canon. For example: Maul and Savage were from the nightbrother clan and Assajj was a nightsister.
  • Spyda wrote: »
    These characters are from Star Wars canon. If you're not familiar with that part of the story, you should take some time to look into it. It's actually really good. The Nightsister are intriguing because they represent an idea, that there are things that exist in the Galaxy that aren't fully understood by the Jedi and the Sith. That in the remote corners of the Galaxy there are powers that can imitate, or even rival the force. The Nightsisters wielded such powers. Some of those powers included the ability to reanimate the corpses of fallen sisters, or to preserve the spirit of a fallen sister in such a state that it could continue to communicate and interact with the physical world.

My understanding was that nightsisters use the Dark Side of the force for their "Magic" power. It is a different way to use the Dark Side that manifests itself in another way. Am I wrong on this?

• I don't care about "canon", but I would rather have some random nightsister with a name than some **** spirits and zombies. Those are not characters. Those could be part a a special attack animation or something AT MOST!
    I really hope they are halloween only and get replaced in November. They might work as a joke in a fun event, BUT NOT MORE!
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • I am also amazed that peolple obey some multi-million-dollar-entertainment machines marketing directors in what's "canon" and what's not.
  • I am also amazed that peolple obey some multi-million-dollar-entertainment machines marketing directors in what's "canon" and what's not.

Is this not the definition of "canon?" That which is accepted as what holds true to the story of star wars?

Is this not the definition of "canon?" That which is accepted as what holds true to the story of star wars?

And canon is dictated by disney? Who has the right to say "this is true/this is wrong"? If I look at the original star wars movie, zombies are somehow...off.
  • Who you gonna call ghostbusters. I vote for ghostbusters to be added into the game next.

Looking forward to Spangler myself