Character Strategy-Nightsister Spirit

Replies

• I am also amazed that peolple obey some multi-million-dollar-entertainment machines marketing directors in what's "canon" and what's not.

They own the story and can do whatever they please with telling it. Entitled much?
  • Benignbiggs
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I am also amazed that peolple obey some multi-million-dollar-entertainment machines marketing directors in what's "canon" and what's not.

Is this not the definition of "canon?" That which is accepted as what holds true to the story of star wars?

And canon is dictated by disney? Who has the right to say "this is true/this is wrong"? If I look at the original star wars movie, zombies are somehow...off.

umm, YES. The 'right' is a legal one. They bought the rights to do so. There is more to canon than that of the original star wars movies. I for one am extremely excited to see nightsisters bringing some Dark Side pain to the game.
  • Of all the named characters in Star Wars that aren't in this game yet... this is darn near offensive. This is another group of no-names I'll have to avoid, but this gimmick might have pushed me over the edge. If I wanted to play a game with spirits and zombies and other 'holiday' creatures I would play a different game. I play this game to have fun with (named) characters in the STAR WARS universe I like and this takes me out completely. What are we going to get for Thanksgiving? My DND Druid? How about a Snowman or maybe Santa Claus for Christmas? When Easter rolls around I better get a bunny so I can maximize my 'holiday' squad. Oh golly gee, how happy I'll be...

SHAME! [ding ding] SHAME! [ding ding] SHAME! [ding ding] ...

BTW, Disney blew up the 'canon' that was the EU when they said my childhood no longer mattered. Regardless of what is canon or isn't, this is a foul, cruel joke to push on us.

This is a Trick, not a Treat as they would like us to believe.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Well, these nightsisters look like they'll be a royal pain to face in GW.

Might want to change that to arena..
  • Remember Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper? Yeah. Got it.
  • Tactyou wrote: »
    It's becoming of a joke really, those new toons

Halloween this month just play along
  • Spyda wrote: »
    These characters are from Star Wars canon. If you're not familiar with that part of the story, you should take some time to look into it. It's actually really good. The Nightsister are intriguing because they represent an idea, that there are things that exist in the Galaxy that aren't fully understood by the Jedi and the Sith. That in the remote corners of the Galaxy there are powers that can imitate, or even rival the force. The Nightsisters wielded such powers. Some of those powers included the ability to reanimate the corpses of fallen sisters, or to preserve the spirit of a fallen sister in such a state that it could continue to communicate and interact with the physical world.

It seems a little odd to me that someone could claim that this is outlandish and absurd, while fully accepting force power like those wielded by Darth Plagues (who could prevent death altogether), or the Jedi (who could persist beyond death as a ghost or spirit) as totally normal.
    Wouldn't you agree?

After all, it's a large Galaxy. Anything could exist out there.

Indeed thanks for that nugget of information
  • Don't worry I'm sure Ghostbusters Han is on the way.
  • Nightsisters were also an important part of the Star Wars Galaxies MMO.

I like the faction. :)
  • Horrible new characters.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Machete11 wrote: »
    Don't worry I'm sure Ghostbusters Han is on the way.

I loled.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

I'm less concerned with Arena as if I lose all but 1 hero in arena winning, or lose, it's realy no big deal. But in GW, that's an entirely different story. Guess we'll have to see if Resistance can steamroll them ;)

I always measure new toons against how annoying they'll be in GW, because while I can pick who to attack in Arena, you don't get any choice in GW.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Riffinator wrote: »

Well, She's got some splaining to do.

Haha ok that one was good @Riffinator
  • Cooldown on the special?
  • I don't quite understand why people are upset by the new toons. Don't like them? Focus on ones you do like.
  • +1
    Machete11 wrote: »

• Who thought a night sister spirit and zombie was a good idea? Give me a break. I wish this was a joke!
  • Star Wars is so much more than just the movies...there are hundreds of novels, comics, animated Clone Wars, animated Rebels, video games, etc etc...and yes ghosts & zombies are in Star Wars, both in the animated shows, & in some of the novels. Take for instance, Star Wars Legends: Death Troopers & Star Wars Legends: Red Harvest were both good books about zombies in the Star Wars universe!
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Just because they had these characters in the cartoons doesn't make them any less of a dumb idea.
  • There are so many other options of characters that people want in this game to make and these are the toons they choose to make. There is not one single person that wanted either of these toons. Not one!
  • There are so many other options of characters that people want in this game to make and these are the toons they choose to make. There is not one single person that wanted either of these toons. Not one!

Wrong. I welcome them. Would you prefer more Rebels?
  • I like this new toons release. They are.going to be boss .
  • Teague wrote: »
    There are so many other options of characters that people want in this game to make and these are the toons they choose to make. There is not one single person that wanted either of these toons. Not one!

Wrong. I welcome them. Would you prefer more Rebels?

Oh when and where were you asking for these toons? Just because you like them now doesn't mean you wanted and we're asking for them.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I'm personally excited. Love 'em or hate 'em, this is going to be one spooky update.
    giphy.webp
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm personally excited. Love 'em or hate 'em, this is going to be one spooky update.
    giphy.webp

@CG_Kozispoon
    Yo, a few weeks ago when I heard nightsisters were on the rework list I was skeptical. However the squad looks really fun to play now that I've seen everything. Good job on the 2 new toons too. Really like the abilities and just the overall character design.
  • If you want the game to only include stuff from the movies you are playing the wrong game. TCW was a great show. The later seasons were easily better than the prequel films
  • kalidor wrote: »
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

I'm less concerned with Arena as if I lose all but 1 hero in arena winning, or lose, it's realy no big deal. But in GW, that's an entirely different story. Guess we'll have to see if Resistance can steamroll them ;)

I always measure new toons against how annoying they'll be in GW, because while I can pick who to attack in Arena, you don't get any choice in GW.

Resistance will murder them. Buff immunity from poe on the zombie, dispel it with rt, murder train on the rest of the squad, which will conveniently never get a chance to apply any of those new debuffs.

For fun, you can even endlessly kill the zombie while using Poe's taunt over and over to try to stack exposes on the last sister....could guarantee a nice TM load heading into the next round.

Going to be a feast for resistance. If NS can replace some raid han teams, that would be great...makes flawless GW clears easier.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Chagoth wrote: »
    I don't quite understand why people are upset by the new toons. Don't like them? Focus on ones you do like.

Because they're not rebels.... I really like those new toons, especially because I like the DS, but also the animation and sound effects are pretty good.
  • Machete11 wrote: »
    IM DEAD BRUH
  • Dark Side players have been begging for more choices for months, and when they get three more toons... they complain...

Seems legit.