Character Strategy- Nightsister Zombie

2Next

Replies

• iAmRyC wrote: »
    Whenever Nightsister Zombie is defeated while any other Nightsister allies are active, she is revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter, which can't be prevented.

What happens if DN with omega annihilate kills NZ, does it revive or not?

@CG_Kozispoon Which is it? Cannot be revived or cannot be prevented?

cant be prevented wins, like with special buffs and buff immunity
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • @CG_Kozispoon Does NSZ's revive work against Devour?
  • Shouldn’t last long against a Resistance team, right? Buff immunity. Frozen. Can’t take a turn. Bye, bye.

That’s my hope...
  • Calx wrote: »
    Am I crazy, or would Zidious be (ironically) insane in a reworked Nightsister team? Gain 50% TM when any unit is defeated, which will seemingly happen on nearly every turn.

I was thinking the opposite of you...zQGJ is going to be ridiculous vs this team lol.
    Calx wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, on "Endless Horde" does the "which cannot be prevented." mean that you just made Boba and DN's zetas both useless? (i.e. even if she is annihilated by DN with a zeta'd annihilate or Boba's zeta'd execute, she can still revive?)

"Useless" is strong. Can't you just Annihilate Talzin instead? Just like Jyn's immunity doesn't make Han's Shoot First useless; just don't target her with stuns.

That's what I was thinking as well. You can either kill zombie and she won't get taunt til her next turn, or simply dispel her, then annihilate any of the other 4 characters...and boba you don't even need that set up step to execute someone.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Now, Boba can ignore taunt, so he's got that working, but it seems an odd design choice to start creating abilities that make previous zeta/omega abilities weaker. I get power creep, but that's a bit too strong, imho.

So by that line of thought...we had revives prior DN and Boba being able to block reviving. They made existing revive skills less useful. Would you be happy if we removed "can not be revived" from the game entirely?
  • So other than requiring another nightsister to be useful, zombie can go in pretty much any squad.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Calx wrote: »
    Am I crazy, or would Zidious be (ironically) insane in a reworked Nightsister team? Gain 50% TM when any unit is defeated, which will seemingly happen on nearly every turn.

I was thinking the opposite of you...zQGJ is going to be ridiculous vs this team lol.

Nice. I was actually trying to come up with a list of "on defeat" triggers, and clearly have forgotten a bunch
    • zQGJ
    • JKA
    • Sidious/Zidious
    • Boba (to a much lesser extent)
    • Maul (but only on enemies, and positive effects cap at 3 deaths)
    • Asajj (but being reworked?)
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Great. Instead of NS being a counter to CLS meta, they just made him more useable in that he can ignore the constant taunting from this nightmare and wipe the taunt / apply buff immunity.

NS were looking like they would get ppl away from CLS. Now we're going to see MT, AV, OD, NSZ, and CLS teams in top 10. CLS has no place in a NS build but is a great counter to fighting one.

Also, they are severely weakening the boba/DN/DT antidote for the rez mechanics. The only way to keep the taunt down is buff block (without killing it), stun lock/fracture.

Otherwise it's taunting after any assist, rez, or its own turn! Makes utilizing executes and dispels highly situational. NS already reading like a constant assist team like full ewoks but add a constant taunter to that who will always get the taunt back on assists.... seems OP even in the era of CLS.
    Post edited by Anavel_Gato on
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Great. Instead of NS being a counter to CLS meta, they just made him more useable in that he can ignore the constant taunting from this nightmare and wipe the taunt / apply buff immunity on BASIC.

NS were looking like they would get ppl away from CLS. Now we're going to see MT, AV, OD, NSZ, and CLS teams in top 10. CLS has no place in a NS build but is a great counter to fighting one.

Also, they are severely weakening the boba/DN/DT antidote for the rez mechanics. The only way to keep the taunt down is buff block (without killing it), stun lock/fracture.

Otherwise it's taunting after any assist, rez, or its own turn! Makes utilizing executes and dispels highly situational. NS already reading like a constant assist team like full ewoks but add a constant taunter to that who will always get the taunt back on assists.... seems OP even in the era of CLS.

You must have one bad kitten CLS. Most I have seen apply defense down and speed down on basic. You must have the super double secret omega. ;)
  • Was just about to fix.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Horrible new characters.
    I'm sure I will hate again the GW when it will be plagued by such horrible teams with Mother Talzin lead and this forever-reviving joke.
    STOP NEW CHARACTERS FOR ONE OR TWO MONTHS!
    USE YOUR RESOURCES TO IMPROVE IN GAME QOL AND TO LISTEN TO PLAYERS' REQUESTS AND SUGGESTIONS!
    (Please choose between issues of TB, gear bottleneck, useless challenges, too few zetas also with ridiculous drop rate, raid rewards, ranking of the several people who solo the Rancor but go to horrible random ranking position instead of 1st......)
  • A lot of people complaining that zombie makes boba and nihilus irrelevent, I think this whole rework makes them more useful than ever. Boba can ignore zombies taunt and execute another night sister preventing her from being revived and nihilus can dispel her taunt on his basic and will probably be fast enough to go again before zombie can taunt then annihilate another night sister preventing her from reviving.
  • Not useless but have to have the right situation to pull off executes
  • Who thought a night sister spirit and zombie was a good idea? Give me a break. I wish this was a joke!
  • I'm still hoping that Plague will be enough to counter CLS teams. With nightsister zombie it's looking more and more possible :)
  • TVF wrote: »
    Zombies...ghosts...is this Star Wars?

I mean, I'm sure these characters are in a tv show or comic or something, but this isn't my Star Wars.

This
  • Zombie? Dumb.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Shouldn’t last long against a Resistance team, right? Buff immunity. Frozen. Can’t take a turn. Bye, bye.

That’s my hope...

I am feeling good about it. CLS was a huge boon to resistance as it kicked Rex leads out of the meta (for the uninitiated, enemy tm gain and tenacity up are killers against res, and rex gave both in spades). I have a much easier time staying top 30 now. I think Res match up well against NS and the more NS in the meta the better off we will be. Buff immunity plus rt cleanse should make zombie even easier to work around than baze....and unlike baze there won't be a tenacity up/cleanser buddy sitting in the back.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Great new toons. A lot of HP, revive, re-health mecanism. Very good job.
  • Does the zombie reviving trigger Old Daka's zeta: When another ally is Revived while Old Daka is active, Old Daka gains +10% Max Health (stacking) until the end of the encounter
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes it does, @Unkk, as well as giving their bonuses to others who also benefit from deaths and/or revives (i.e, Assajj). :)

P.S: welcome to the forum. ;)
  • So it looks like zombie does *not* gain taunt when she resurrects?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So it looks like zombie does *not* gain taunt when she resurrects?

She is not supposed to. I think that would have been a little too much
  • Zombie and spirit look like Scooby Doo monsters.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • scuba wrote: »

She does, only as long as she dies while being counter attacked during her own turn. Zombie attacks CLS, CLS counter attacks and kills zombie, and then zombie revives with a taunt. This is because she gains taunt at the end of the turn and the counter is treated as part of her turn with her revive being the end of it
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    scuba wrote: »

She does, only as long as she dies while being counter attacked during her own turn. Zombie attacks CLS, CLS counter attacks and kills zombie, and then zombie revives with a taunt. This is because she gains taunt at the end of the turn and the counter is treated as part of her turn with her revive being the end of it

Yes because that is all during her turn. The majority of the time she dies which would make it a "little to much" is during other turns. So she is not gaining taunt on a rez she is gaining it at the end of her turn