New Nightsisters- Zombie and Spirit

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I see no fault in the Nightsisters. I’m excited for new content pretty much any time. But ghosts and zombies are Not the “cornerstone” of the dark side. Anger, power, and selfishness are the cornerstone of the dark side. Spirits are just what some of the DS users sought to control.
  • B_O_S_S_K wrote: »
    Would have preferred Spirit Han and Zombie Han.

/thread
  • If we’re getting zombie night sisters, then I want The Big Lebowski Old Ben

:D:D:D
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    I see no fault in the Nightsisters. I’m excited for new content pretty much any time. But ghosts and zombies are Not the “cornerstone” of the dark side. Anger, power, and selfishness are the cornerstone of the dark side. Spirits are just what some of the DS users sought to control.
    +1

Thematic conflicts will always be more important then zombies and magic.
  • I don't think anyone would have an issue with new toons like these IF they didn't have abilities that make the heroes and villains of the main films redundant. Here's a list of instantly recognisable characters who are pointless and outshone by minor/nameless toons. Yoda, Mace Windu, Stormtrooper Han, Farmboy Luke, Vader, Leia, Old Ben, Lando, even Palpatine's becoming redundant. At least Gen Kenobi and CLS are where they should be, but honestly it feels like CLS is only there because he's a relatively new toon and they needed to stack loads of abilities on him to make him worthwhile compared to other op minor toons

If you were a newcomer to the game you would expect these characters to be at the top of the game and the toons everyone aspires to, but the majority of new toons are coming out with more and more newer abilities making old abilities redundant. We could revive anyone. Then we could prevent a revive from happening. Now we can prevent someone preventing a revive from happening. When's the toon coming out with the ability that will prevent the zombie from reviving?

Yes this game isn't canon, we know that. But it would be good if it at least followed a little bit of Star Wars structure with who's useful and who isn't. Instead we get a steady influx of new toons with more and more ridiculous abilities. And remember, while there are a lot of people who do watch Clone Wars or Rebels, there's still a vastly larger number of people who only see Star Wars as the main films.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I don't think anyone would have an issue with new toons like these IF they didn't have abilities that make the heroes and villains of the main films redundant. Here's a list of instantly recognisable characters who are pointless and outshone by minor/nameless toons. Yoda, Mace Windu, Stormtrooper Han, Farmboy Luke, Vader, Leia, Old Ben, Lando, even Palpatine's becoming redundant.

This game is more than just Arena, and furthermore, more than just Arena at the highest levels / oldest shards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My biggest complaint is just that the ghost is so visually jarring
  • I bet if they make it arena team better everybody Will love them
  • Awesome
  • I like the new characters. I’m a massive Star Wars but this game just needs to be varied and fun. Plenty of other Star Wars medium to enjoy other character eras in.

Ps.. about to start reading darth bane novels :)
  • I just can't help but remember a couple short months ago when the devs told us in no uncertain terms that there were no plans for a Nightsister rework.

I guess plans change. Looks like fun to me.
  • I really like the new nightsisters (even though I was never really a fan of them) but I think that the zombie is a bit OP. For anyone without thrawn or CLS these nightsisters teams are gonna be a pain in the butt.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Let me start by saying I am incredibly biased, as the Nightsisters were my first faction to complete(save Daka, don't really like her). I didn't know about them till I began playing, and really liked Taila and her kit(dots and life drain appeal to my inner Warlock).

I play mostly for fun, so the Sisters + original Ahsako are my main team. So I am super excited for the NS to finally get a boost/rework, and some new toons.

And while the Zombie and Spirit are really cool, I am not going to go nuts trying to level/star/gear them, as I don't think I'll replace the other Sisters with them.

I'm probably in the incredible minority when I say I've pretty much never been disappointed with the new toons they've released. Sure, there are times when I wished for a different toon(I'm on that CP30 train, and I was really hoping we would have gotten a General Leia to commemorate Carrie's death), but overall, I love the new toons, the method for each they are released(Even if I currently don't have new Luke. I'll get him eventually. I'm too stubborn to not, lol) and just overall have been really enjoying and loving the game lately.
  • Does this open the door for Force ghost characters...
  • These two look awesome.
  • YAWN!!!.....jeez. How long was i asleep? Seems like 2 months. Anyway. I come back to zombies and ghosts? What is this? Call of duty? Did they just fart in cups with random names on them and pick the smelliest? So many questions.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • I just can't help but remember a couple short months ago when the devs told us in no uncertain terms that there were no plans for a Nightsister rework.

I guess plans change. Looks like fun to me.

They got bumped on the calendar for sure. I wish we got a sneak peak at that board.
  • I want a decent buff for empire or sith toons, not some halloween prank toons.
  • Thank you. These are awesome. The Nightsister stories were one of the few saving graces for The Clone Wars for me. Also, I love all things gruesome and macabre, so bonus :) hopefully one of these years Death Troopers will become canon so we can get some zombie troopers to go along with these two (and maybe a Force Wraith from somewhere to fill out a whole undead team).
  • Does this open the door for Force ghost characters...

That would be awesome!
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Wow! Looks like so much fun! Can't wait to play!
    And bravo devs... i am happy and excited!
    Woo-Hoo!
    Perfect timing too!

And FYI for all the haters commenting already, dark side sorcery & alchemy was around before the sith, and literaly was the foundation of the old pre "rule of two" sith empire... if you enter a sith temple on korriban and DON'T encounter spirits & ghosts or zombie-like creatures then it's probably one of those new age "hipster sith" that thought all you needed was a lightsaber to be a sith...

The dark side has always been so much more than force powers and lightsabers... which is why you see emperor palpatine toss his lightsabers to the wayside and embrace the dark side in a manner seperate from just darth sidious... it could also be speculated that in his sociopathic scheming, palpatine used dooku to expose and eliminate his only real rival... mother talzin... the last remaing sith sorcerer/alchemist.

Lol. Such a fan boy. Appreciate the enthusiasm.
  • Good grief. The term "jumped the shark" jumped the shark about ten years ago. Yet folks still use it.
  • We have been asking for reworks and additions for Jedi, Separatists and Bounty Hunters for over a year... Theres multiple posts here every week of players asking the devs to give iconic chars like General Grievous and Mace Windu a rework they deserve... Instead we get some props from The Walking Dead series, a bunch of teddy bears who's only purpose in the game is to punish TB platoons, since the devs forgot their char cadence quite fast and a bunch of rebels in between of whom everyone is sick of. I think i speak for a big part of the player base when i say - XXXX the nightsisters.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    EDIT: clarification was made.
  • I like the new characters. I hope that we will get more Nightsister characters in the future. They are some of my favorite characters in the game.

I also hope that we will get Padme and Jango Fett soon.
  • You guys know that this is fantasy right? Not real. Imaginary.
  • This getting more and more interesting. The game . This new night sis pass and release is good. Variety is boss. I don't have any of the ns but I wanna see them in action now
  • What I love is just the variety. People are flipping people are hype. Ns are people's favorites from cw or they are people's least favorite. It's truly a beautiful thing to live in such diversity.
  • I think it's safe to say all factions will eventually get their due: Sith, Clones, Bounty Hunters . . . even Tuskens! So I wouldn't worry about it.
  • I am happy these two new characters are not Rebels. I am much more happy they are not two other versions of Han Solo. Thank you devs!!!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith