The Road Ahead (MEGA)

Replies

• Julmay wrote: »
    At some point the devs have to do something to alleviate game time needed. It makes no sense for so many aspects of the game to still have the same mechanics as launch. Not everything in the game needs to be gated so hard.

Believe it or not, i enjoy the game more when i don't feel like it is a job. A QoLpatch is needed quickly to keep the burn out from setting in.

+10000000000000
  • Julmay wrote: »
    At some point the devs have to do something to alleviate game time needed. It makes no sense for so many aspects of the game to still have the same mechanics as launch. Not everything in the game needs to be gated so hard.

Believe it or not, i enjoy the game more when i don't feel like it is a job. A QoLpatch is needed quickly to keep the burn out from setting in.

QoL improvements are always welcome....but other than GW, what really requires a lot of time from launch? LS/DS battles are just simmed to get what shards or mats you need...same with Cantina battles. Daily challenges are just simmed....which they weren't at launched. Ship challenges are simmed....didn't have those at launch. Character arena is only run a handful of times per day. Same with ship arenas...which weren't around at launch. Mod challenges weren't around at launch either...those are just simmed too. The entire Rancor raid can be simmed. The HAAT raid wasn't around at launch, but people can beat an entire phase with one team. Other than GW, all the pre-TBs stuff is either simmed or pretty easy. GW is really what needs a QoL improvement.
  • As a "new player" (Joined Feb 2017) I must say that this game is fairly aggressive towards new players and in the long-run, I really don't see many new players coming in. I had to work hard and never lose focus to get legendary events reward, and still, you really don't get a second to breathe and enjoy what you have.
    Your options are heavily decided for you in this game. As you are farming towards a goal, a new time-limited goal appears. Don't bother looking for guides (as a new player) as this game keeps on changing every month.
    Time-wise, I'm really not upset about anything but I feel like waiting between challenges/arena tries is completely pointless. TB phases should be 6 hours long at most.
    I believe that most people stay because they love SW, but realistically speaking, new players are ****. Even, if you start as a whale, you need to be a mega whale at this point.
    Nope
  • This is a thread for any theories you may have about the second anniversary or anything said in the road ahead post.

To begin:
    Lightsaber Rey as the new TLJ toon:
    If it’s true, you’ll probably need specific toons like the hero’s journey event
    Finn
    VS Han
    VS Chewbacca
    BB-8 (may come back for the event if he is needed)
    Scavenger Rey

If this is the case, VS Han and Chewie will probably have the resistance tag added (as they should)

Some other theories that could be discussed:
    Mother Talzin legendary event
    Jedi Luke legendary event
    Separatist rework
    New nightsister toons
    Other TLJ toons
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • They've confirmed "several new Nightsister characters" are coming this month.
  • This is a thread for any theories you may have about the second anniversary or anything said in the road ahead post.

To begin:
    Finn
    VS Han
    VS Chewbacca
    Scavenger Rey

If this is the case, VS Han and Chewie will probably have the resistance tag added (as they should)

Separatist rework
    New nightsister toons
    Other TLJ toons

Have to agree jedi Rey is coming and will most likely require bb-8.

I think we'll have Talzin and luce for sure, maybe 1 or 2 other nightsisters

I think seperatists won't get touched until next month and maybe not even then but hopefully them and inferno squad will be available before territory battles dark side

My guess is this next episode of star wars will highlight the dark side a little more so we'll probably get a new/reworked kylo

And depending on how the movie goes a legendary event for supreme leader snoke
  • Happyanakin
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Mother Talzin will definitely be a legendary event. Most people (rightfully, from a strategic point of view) don't have nightsisters farmed and the panic farm nightsister packs will be easy money for CG. Then, the separatist rework (and new toons, hopefully) is definitely coming after that and any TLJ-related hoopla. They'll make sure dark side toons are much more appealing than they are now for the dark side TB.
  • Mother Talzin will definitely be a legendary event. Most people (rightfully, from a strategic point of view) don't have nightsisters farmed and the panic farm nightsister packs will be easy money for CG. Then, the separatist rework (and new toons, hopefully) is definitely coming after that and any TLJ-related hoopla. They'll make sure dark side toons are much more appealing than they are now for the dark side TB.

The only problem with releasing Mother Talzin is that we already have 5 legendary events this month and thats already overwhelming the players. I see the logic but there's going to be 2 general outcomes for player reactions if they release another legendary event:
    1) The players say 'screw it' and buy all the packs they need to get all the legendary events this month.
    2) (The more likely outcome) Players say 'screw it, I'll get it next time' and focus on one or two legendary events they've been waiting for and are prepared for.
  • Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    This is a thread for any theories you may have about the second anniversary or anything said in the road ahead post.

To begin:
    Finn
    VS Han
    VS Chewbacca
    Scavenger Rey

Separatist rework
    New nightsister toons
    Other TLJ toons

Have to agree jedi Rey is coming and will most likely require bb-8.

I think we'll have Talzin and luce for sure, maybe 1 or 2 other nightsisters

I think seperatists won't get touched until next month and maybe not even then but hopefully them and inferno squad will be available before territory battles dark side

My guess is this next episode of star wars will highlight the dark side a little more so we'll probably get a new/reworked kylo

And depending on how the movie goes a legendary event for supreme leader snoke

Jedi Rey would be fantastic and I really hope it is her that comes to swgoh, She's already technically in the game, and they've started labeling it as 'Scavenger Rey' on the Google Play deal so my bet is its her. The only concern is how they're going to make their money off of it. My bet is that they'll release VS Han and Chewie with just barely enough time to have them farmed in time for Jedi Rey. They'll also probably bring back BB-8, which is good because people are already farming First Order for that and Resistance to use after obtaining BB-8. I'm very excited to see what they have in mind.
  • It will be medical pod Finn. Followed by the long anticipated Han Solo in Carbonite.
  • @CG_Kozispoon

Can an iOS user buy the gift card and get the same ingame perks on our iOS SWGOH account?
  • So we've got LS TB that's currently lasting 6 days.
    We've got DS TB coming (likely) before the end of the year. I'm assuming, for now, this will also last 6 days.
    We've got Territory Wars (GvG) coming as well. From the initial screenshot looks like it could be 4 days (or 2 days if they run the same 12 hours per phase idea):
    62u077qivdvo.png

Are these meant to run in rotation? All 3 events running over the same days potentially?
    All 3 potentially over the same days seems problematic to me. So if it runs in rotation, maybe it's time we let go of the full day per phase and stop worrying as much about how many stars we get in each TB since the rewards still feel a bit light for the amount of work/time TB's are taking anyhow. And, if they're running in rotation at 3 days a piece with a day off between, the amount of rewards will increase which would be fantastic. At 6 days, they are feeling light to much of the community, at 3 days, I bet they feel a lot more on point. We've got at least a month before the DS TB drops, so we've got that much time to lock in our best practices and get everyone in the guild on the same page with what we do in each phase.
    I've been a staunch 24 hours per phase proponent, but with all this content coming in (which I'm very excited about!), I'm understanding why they intended TB's to only run 3 days initially. Feels like 3 days of the LS TB, 1 day off, 3 days of the DS TB, 1 day off before cycle repeats with a GvG battle happening in that same 1 week timeframe (if 2 days, could start the off day and end the first day of DS TB) is pretty perfect. Any more than that is a lot to do, any less feels too spread out for the rewards we'd earn.

So then there's this other part of adding a DS TB...
    There are currently 76 LS characters.
    There are currently only 53 DS characters. Soon to be 56 with the new Nightsisters.
    Guessing (like they did when introducing the LS TB) they'll add another 2-4 DS toons with the DS TB launch so that would bring it to around 60. (Snowtrooper Ops, Imperial Probe Droid, Snowtrooper Commander seem like solid possibilities if they switch the board around and stay on Hoth)
    They've already hinted that nothing will change from LS to DS, that it would just be a mirror of the LS TB - up to 4 CM's per phase with the same platoon requirements. Which leaves us a much thinner margin of error on both platoon fills and CM squad's being strong enough to get through 6 waves of REBELS. And we all know how strong Chaze/Wiggs/CLS/R2 etc are. This DS TB... not going to be easy.
    I know devs can't speak to most of my hypothesizing, but if we could get an idea of the cadence they had in mind, that would be a big help and either ease a ton of concern, or light up the boards with the kind of feedback that turned LS TB's from 3-6 days to begin with. Either way, helpful dialogues we're going to need to have sooner or later.

@CG_Kozispoon - Is there anything regarding the cadence of these events you're able to speak to at this point?
  • Darth Vader showed up on Hoth, maybe he can get a rework?

The biggest QoL change for me would be if they removed the "Upgrade a mod" daily. This is the one thing in the game that makes my angry every single day. It forces me to wade through their clumsy mod UI which angers me further. Seriously, get rid of this
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Waez wrote: »
    As the "Road ahead" post confirms the new Guild vs Guild game mode, I just wanted to say that the time requirements for this games are growing very quickly, and I am afraid that this is a bad thing for a mobile game.

The game already forces you to login at specific times to ensure the best resource collection. On top of that, it requires you to complete a lot of activities if you wish to remain competitive.

Arena basically forces you to do 5 battles before your payout time, which locks an entire hour.

Fleet Arena is another hour. Keep in mind that they wish to rework the Fleet Arena payouts to make the top rewards more impactful, which means you will need to do your 5 daily battles to compete.

Raids take a lot of time if you wish to have a decent score. Though Autos are possible, they require some very specific characters (Basically CLS for Rancor).

GW easily takes up to 1 hour if you're unlucky and have to face multiple CLS G12 teams, which is often the case. Retreating and starting over waiting for the right RNG is a pain for anyone, and is very time-consuming.

TB also take up to 30 minutes depending on the phase/your teams. It's also a nightmare for guild leaders and officers, though they plan to address it.

The devs have basically been adding new content without making previous content more available or quicker to complete.
    Unless the new GvG system rotates with TB, I am afraid this will require another big chunk of our time.

This remains a mobile game and should not force you to play 3 or 4 hours on a daily basis.

There are several things that could be changed to make the game less time-consuming:

- Make GW shorter, either by reducing the number of nodes or tune down the difficulty.

- Change the Arena and Fleet Arena systems to register the best rank attained during the day instead of making it time-based.

- Unlikely, but changing the Raid rewards structure to simply reward each member with the same loot regardless of their damage would allow many people to simply pass on Raids if they don't want to participate.

- x8 Speed for battles

- Bronzium 8-packs

These are only some ideas to make the game more enjoyable, as it can be very frustrating to miss on some activities.

I agree with this posting.

The direction of this "mobile" game is starting to get out of hand in regards to the time sink it's demanding.

TB currently isn't as fun anymore. An event once a month maybe, but its becoming a real drag and chore weekly. Spanning across 6 days that takes up a lot of time. The rewards to the effort also doesn't translate at all.

I suggest reducing the Phases, to 4. OR have a way to accelerate the Phases. For example, Phase 1, if all 3 stars are done, You can move to Phase 2 and still keep the duration of Phase 2 and Phase 1. Basically you get more time to do Phase 2 by completing Phase 1 faster. This reduces any stress load and urgency.

Guild Leader has the option to accelerate a Phase or complete the phase sooner, especially when you know the remaining star count can't be achieved so you can move on to the next month call the current phase completed.

One of the reasons I quit playing Walking Dead Road to Survival was the "weekend War" mode. It became a huge time sink and chore, and was no fun. Not to mention it became a cash grab. but that's besides the point. It was repetitive. I'm not sure if the Guild vs Guild is going to add much to the game. As of right now, The Arena Squad and Fleet, is becoming a real chore and time lock. You have to play exactly the hour before each payout to get the most out of the reward. And it's not like you can change your arena payout time either.

And the other problem is "collusion" It's a real joke when all the folks on the arena shard, come together and just start taking turns rotating the ranking payout with each other. This will just end up being the same problem with G v G.
  • Listened to the Shattered Order podcast from last week and they had a great QoL idea re: raids.

Once a player has a 7-star Han Solo from the Rancor raid and/or 7-star GK from the HAAT raid, then a new challenge should open up for each instance, a Rancor Raid challenge and a HAAT Raid challenge.

The Rancor Raid challenge could be scheduled 3 times a week and the HAAT challenge 2 times a week. Each one would only be able to be done 1 time per day its open and basically it just randomly gives you a rewards bundle that includes credits, guild currency, gear and toon shards.

The raids could still be launched with tickets but only those who have less than a 7-star Han Solo or GK would need to participate in the raid to get rewards. The others could opt to do so for fun, but would get no rewards.

By doing this, advanced players are no longer required to do the raids, but can still get rewards for them.
  • It will be medical pod Finn. Followed by the long anticipated Han Solo in Carbonite.

You left out Bacta Tank Luke.

• KyloRey wrote: »
    Listened to the Shattered Order podcast from last week and they had a great QoL idea re: raids.

Once a player has a 7-star Han Solo from the Rancor raid and/or 7-star GK from the HAAT raid, then a new challenge should open up for each instance, a Rancor Raid challenge and a HAAT Raid challenge.

The Rancor Raid challenge could be scheduled 3 times a week and the HAAT challenge 2 times a week. Each one would only be able to be done 1 time per day its open and basically it just randomly gives you a rewards bundle that includes credits, guild currency, gear and toon shards.

The raids could still be launched with tickets but only those who have less than a 7-star Han Solo or GK would need to participate in the raid to get rewards. The others could opt to do so for fun, but would get no rewards.

By doing this, advanced players are no longer required to do the raids, but can still get rewards for them.
    Like the shard shop, where you convert extra character shards into currency to get more gear, brilliant.
  • Grevious Rework!
  • So, nine days now, and nothing even addressing all of the concerns brought up here.
  • QoL, please. The game is a massive time sink.
  • Dakk
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    My biggest concern is that the game has developed some serious balance issues, and seems to have lost touch with its Star Wars theme.

In the movies, Commander Luke Skywalker wasn't a Jedi yet, as per Vader's comment to him. Vader toyed with him because he was looking to bring him to the dark side, as opposed to destroying him. Ultimately, CLS proved not ready to confront Vader. In the game however, CLS is way over powered, and one on one, Vader wouldnt stand a chance. Also, if CLS is just starting to use the Force, and is so powerful as a result, what are the full Jedi in the game using? Because they are seriously lacking compard to CLS. Why is there a Star Wars theme if we're going to ignore it when it comes to character representation?

I'm running a fairly strong Sith squad, but don't stand a chance against equally filled out Chaze + CLS teams. The cleansing available to rebels is simply overpowering.

Worst of all, game devs seem not to see an issue and instead there is all this focus on new content. If we knew that there was some plan in place to examine and correct balance issues, I'd feel much better about things.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Velomark
    50 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Post edited by Velomark on
  • TyloRen wrote: »
    <<DEV ANNOUNCEMENT>>
    <<Road Ahead Blog>>

Hiya Holotable heroes,
    In the past month and a half Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes has had some exciting additions to the game. We’ve seen players’ determination and total domination in getting Commander Luke Skywalker, conquering Territory Battles, and acquiring Gear XII.

We are seeing many different strategies as guilds are figuring out how to maximize their star count. If you’re not currently in a guild, or if your guild is feeling too small to take on the Territory Battle challenge, we strongly recommend you join up with other players to make your guild as large and powerful as possible.Territory Battles is just the beginning of the type of epic guild activities coming down the road.
    Territory Battle Cadence and Rewards
    pkkxwkt4zet4.jpg

We recently announced that Territory Battles are going to continue to last for six days, and will then be followed by a four-day cooldown before starting again. As we mentioned in this post it became clear that we needed to give guilds a longer break between Territory Battles. As always, we will evaluate the schedule based on data, player feedback, and player participation needs. To compliment this change, we’ve increased the reward payout from Territory Battles, as well as added three new Special Missions for additional rewards. As always, we are constantly iterating on features. We’re looking into some other places for players to earn Gear XII. We are also considering providing some better tools for Guild Leaders and Officers to manage how their guild plays Territory Battles.
    In the coming months, we are going to be introducing a second Territory Battle map. Our newest Territory Battle is from the point of view of the dark side. Both maps will allow deployment of all troops. We’ll have more details very soon.

The Next Step in Guild Battles… is versus other Guilds
    62u077qivdvo.png

We are very excited to announce that after Territory Battles, we are working on the next step in Guild Battles… something we are calling Territory Wars. The initial Territory War map will take place on the Planet Jakku.
    This mode will bear some similarities to Territory Battles, but instead of your Guild playing against the game, you’ll be competing against other Guilds. In this mode, you will play both a defensive and offensive game, one in which you must determine which parts of your collection you think will stand and fight for your territories and which you want to take down your opponents.
    Both guilds will compete to see who gets the most territories, so strategy is key. Be prepared for anything in this Guild vs. Guild strategy competition!
    We’ll be talking more about Territory Wars in the upcoming month, so keep an eye out. In the meantime, make sure you’re guilded up (using our new Guild Search functionality) are well-practiced on Territory Battles, and have several squads/fleets that are ready to battle other players.
    Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™
    Our first character from Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ will be making an appearance before the movie comes out in December. This is going to be a variant of a character that fans of Star Wars are already familiar with, so stay tuned for more details.

October brings a lot of exciting events and content for Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players!
    Ships
    i3jovv4nwnl2.jpg

First up, we start the month with big news in ships! Grand Admiral Thrawn’s Capital Ship, Chimaera, is being added to the game in the first ship Legendary event – and it goes all the way to 7 stars. With this addition, the other Capital Ships (Home One, Executrix, and Endurance) can also be leveled up to 7 stars in a new event, Fleet Mastery. This event series will return monthly and give players a chance to earn blueprints to bring their Capital Ships to 7 stars.
    Also, some highly sought-after ships are making their way into the Cantina; so keep an eye out for their locations. Finally, we are changing the reward structure for Fleet Arena. We’re still working out the details, but we are hoping to make competition at the top end more… rewarding.
    Nightsisters
    October will also see one of our more popular factions get a much-requested update. We’re introducing several new Nightsister characters, so be on the lookout for their events. Finally, we’re going to end the month with a spirited, seasonal event; let’s see what else we can dig up with the Nightsisters.

Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes & Google Play Gift Cards
    This holiday season, we’ve teamed up with Google to give Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players up to a $50 in-game bonus with the purchase of Google Play gift cards. These in-game bonuses include Rey from Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ as well as Crystals. In the weeks ahead, you should start to see Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card kiosks at major retailers around the world, so keep an eye out for them.
    Finally, on behalf of the entire team here at Capital Games, we want to express our gratitude to our players. With your continued participation, support, and feedback we will work hard to bring a bigger and better experience to the most successful Star Wars mobile game in history.
    And as always, we’ll see you on the Holotables!

<<Road Ahead Blog>>

Just wondering why is it that I finally go and buy Google play cards and you don't hold up to your statement about the bonuses we receive. I contacted Google play and they told me I should contact you all.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    By the way, why have people stopped asking for a legit dark side cleanse?

Thrawn was about to come out and people said "finally, the dark side is going to get a cleanse."
    Then he came out and we realized it wasn't an AoE cleanse, uses up a turn, etc.

Why doesn't the dark side have anything like Rex, GK or Chirrut? Thrawn was a huge missed opportunity here.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • By the way, why have people stopped asking for a legit dark side cleanse?

Thrawn was about to come out and people said "finally, the dark side is going to get a cleanse."
    Then he came out and we realized it wasn't an AoE cleanse, uses up a turn, etc.

Why doesn't the dark side have anything like Rex, GK or Chirrut? Thrawn was a huge missed opportunity here.

So was Talia, apparently. She cleanses now - but NS only.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »
    Orfy wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon - No love for iOS? :frowning:

@CG_Kozispoon - No love for iOS?
    I think it has to do more with @ apple no love for swgoh ?

apple only love apple... ppl should be grateful apple accept their money :D:D
  • Would be nice if they would balance the fix the game as it is without adding more content to a game that is getting increasingly difficult to enjoy.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    After watching

he is totally correct about the feeling i'm having about this game.

SWGOH- is just going down hill and developers are really not doing much to solve the problems he mentioned.

The time requirement needed for this game is just too much for a mobile game.

the gear crunch and zeta. definitely an issue.

Watch the 2nd video after that.

And then go here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/135438/swgoh-ultimate-wishlist-qol-suggestions-merge#latest

Where real players are concerned for the game.
  • ObiWanNightStand
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    They edit somethin on Oct 17. What it could be?
    RoXoN -KanjiKlub Indonesia-
    --- 819459164 ---

Through power, I gain victory. The force shall free me
  • MamasMeat
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    <<Road Ahead Blog>>

Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes & Google Play Gift Cards
    This holiday season, we’ve teamed up with Google to give Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes ANDROID players up to a $50 in-game bonus with the purchase of Google Play gift cards. These in-game bonuses include Rey from Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ as well as Crystals. In the weeks ahead, you should start to see Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card kiosks at major retailers around the world, so keep an eye out for them.
    Finally, on behalf of the entire team here at Capital Games, we want to express our gratitude to our ANDROID players. With your continued participation, support, and feedback we will work hard to bring a bigger and better experience to the ANDROID PLAYERS of the most successful Star Wars mobile game in history.
    And as always, we’ll see you on the Holotables!

- Ewokalypse Ascension