The whole Nightsister thing

Replies

• Though I don't care much for the Nightsister's appearance (which is based off the show anyways guys), /at least they aren't light side OR rebels..... or lightside rebels that we got for TWO MONTHS IN A ROW/. And yes, that's including reworks.

It's just nice to see the darkside finally getting more development that has been long, LONG, overdue. Wasn't all that interested in the existing reworks, but with the two new nightsister characters... they seem mildly interesting. Too bad I'm stuck still trying to farm toons for lightside territory battles to work on anyone else. And it's going to suck with even more teams to work on once DS territory battles releases. Only because the gear grind is so massive with all of these new character releases. Hopefully there will be some QoL updates as well.
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    I think people dislike it more because we still lack major iconic characters like Padmé, Jabba and Jar Jar Binks

+66
    I'm not happy with this game until I get my Jar-Jar

They so missed adding Jar Jar as the april toon of the month, and I an deeply disappointing in that. After all, jar jar was intended to be the sith lord for yoda to fight, not dooku.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    I think nightsisters are dumb in general. The kits of these new toons are really good. I’m just blown away how some of the best Jedi are complete trash but a ghost can do 3X the amount of damage
  • DrMaggot
    227 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey am I the only one who's nightsister double farm is not working ? I tried rebooting the game its not happening.

Never mind i saw its tomorroW
  • Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The thing is that SW (not SWGOH, mainly SW and Disney) is breaking major principles of marketing here. Read Ries and Trout. Zombies and ghost are not what StarWars fans associate with StarWars. Lightsabers - yes. Blaster - yes. Troopers in cool white armour - yes. Spaceships - yes. Zombies, ghosts and rest of the occult - definetely not. Its a playground of mr Romero and mr. Kirkman. Stay out of it. But no. They want everything to be in StarWars. You can expect StarWars sitcoms and horror movies soon. Hated zombies in Clone Wars, hated ghosts in Rebels. Gonna hate them both in SWGOH now as well.
  • I acknowledge they exist in Star Wars lore but that doesnt mean i cant think they suck and are a waste of time.
  • There are much-needed primary Toons before they release thsee second and third role support type toons, they aren't bad characters and it's always cool to have additions but put out the primary characters first and then build around that that is why people are upset nightsister zombies before Jabba the Hutt before jango, old sith lords, etc....
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    I think people dislike it more because we still lack major iconic characters like Padmé, Jabba and Jar Jar Binks

No offense pal, but those characters suck (Jabba should be interesting, he should be a Scoundrel Tank/Support)
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I think they focus more on a faction at a time, rather than key characters. Exception would be when new content is released, like us getting Phoenix Squadron from rebels, resistance from episode 7, rogue one toons, and soon from ep 8. Note, they clarified Rey's current character as "scavenger."

Edit: also, I imagine they're saving Payne, Jabba, jango, etc for release events during the dry times without any new SW stuff to capitalize on while it's trendy and new.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Dyakoff wrote: »
    The thing is that SW (not SWGOH, mainly SW and Disney) is breaking major principles of marketing here. Read Ries and Trout. Zombies and ghost are not what StarWars fans associate with StarWars. Lightsabers - yes. Blaster - yes. Troopers in cool white armour - yes. Spaceships - yes. Zombies, ghosts and rest of the occult - definetely not. Its a playground of mr Romero and mr. Kirkman. Stay out of it. But no. They want everything to be in StarWars. You can expect StarWars sitcoms and horror movies soon. Hated zombies in Clone Wars, hated ghosts in Rebels. Gonna hate them both in SWGOH now as well.

Excuse me? What about the Ghosts on Episode V and Vl? (Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda), and all of those Sith Ghosts from the Old Republic series, l have seen a LOT of Ghosts in Star Wars
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    like thrawn, dislike NS.
    Don't care about lore, NS just don't appeal to me. Shoot me
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    My biggest problem with the Nightsisters is that the first character with endless revival they introduce is not Darth Sion. And the fact that I won't get much out of it because of the Acolyte being hard mode only...
  • ...I'll assume you're the same people who hate Thrawn being Legendary.

Cmon people.

The SW universe isn't about just 8 movies (if Episode 1 is even a movie, that is). It's MUCH more than that. TCW, SW Rebels, the EU, and the new canon books, they are all part of Star Wars.

Nightsister zombies were used by Old Daka against the CIS droids on Dathomir, and we see Nightsister Spirits in a Rebels episode on Dathomir where Maul finds out where Kenobi is.

Nightsisters used dark magick to turn their dead into fighters, and preserve their spirits so they could still communicate with the living. CANON.

Please, stop thinking just beacuse you only know who Luke Skywalker and Vader is, that anyone you dont know in the SW universe is silly, useless or nonsense.

Nobody even knows who these toons are. Irrelevant side characters from a cartoon.
  • The new events are great but a big factor that we need to know more about is how often we can expect to see them. While it is bugged at the moment it looks like we should expect 10 shards each time we complete the events, 20 shards if we buy refreshes.
    So if the event is monthly we are looking at 120 shards a year and over two years to get to 7* without refreshes. Lets be blunt, no-one in the game is interested in waiting that long. The game itself isn't two years old. If they do it every two weeks its 260 shards a year for ftp which would get people to 7*, so 6 months of work would get you there if you whaled. Move it to weekly and it is 6 months for ftp and 3 months for the spenders. And that is assuming that people have teams ready that can beat the events right now.
    I think an important discussion to have is on how long people think is an appropriate time for it to take since by the time most people are anywhere near 7* the factions will be due for another revamp and the meta will have moved on so that no-one wants to use these characters anymore.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    My biggest problem with the Nightsisters is that the first character with endless revival they introduce is not Darth Sion. And the fact that I won't get much out of it because of the Acolyte being hard mode only...

I think canon mostly comes first in this game. The only legends toons we have are Sun Fac, HK-47, and Nihilus.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This is quite a fair opinion laid out here. My piece to add is that the double drops don't open until the events do. Why would we not get the double drops leading up to and until the end of the events?
  • @CG_Kozispoon or @CG_CapGaSP - the new NS packs (which are listed before the Ewok pack, which is showing up) are not in the store. Is this WAI? If so, when will they be available, since the events start in less than 24 hours?

Is this indicative of a new release cadence for packs moving forward? (i.e. no packs prior to the start of the event)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Orba wrote: »
    The new events are great but a big factor that we need to know more about is how often we can expect to see them. While it is bugged at the moment it looks like we should expect 10 shards each time we complete the events, 20 shards if we buy refreshes.
    So if the event is monthly we are looking at 120 shards a year and over two years to get to 7* without refreshes. Lets be blunt, no-one in the game is interested in waiting that long. The game itself isn't two years old. If they do it every two weeks its 260 shards a year for ftp which would get people to 7*, so 6 months of work would get you there if you whaled. Move it to weekly and it is 6 months for ftp and 3 months for the spenders. And that is assuming that people have teams ready that can beat the events right now.
    I think an important discussion to have is on how long people think is an appropriate time for it to take since by the time most people are anywhere near 7* the factions will be due for another revamp and the meta will have moved on so that no-one wants to use these characters anymore.

I love the new events and I think it's a smart move business wise to get people to buy packs. Also gives a head start for those that do spend on toons. But if this is a new way to release toons it will take forever for a ftp person to attain them. Now I'm not saying there should be hand outs and such but the time is troublesome and I want to raise awareness now. Because as cool as wicket is I'm not a huge ewok fan and I'm not going to go crazy to get him, maybe the same for mother talzin but for those that do they have to spend to make up for the time. Cool. There's no problem with that at all it's just 2 years-- maybe ?? To get to 7* that's too long. The games 2nd anniversary is a month away. Need to shorten the light at the end of the tunnel a little bit. And it's an easy fix- lower cost of refresh/add more shards/ have it be a two day event. I'm not sure which dev is the right person to talk to or even if it is a dev decision. I rather talk about this now, rather than later when there is a toon that the majority of the community wants and goes cray cray on the forums.

Also- this may be a question for @CG_Carrie - since wicket is released- does this make him available for platoons? If so we need to talk about the rotations and occurances of these events.

At the very least point us in the direction of who we should communicate with.

Side note: big props to @CG_CapGaSP for being so verbal on Reddit and here. @CG_Conduit23 for breaking down the mt debuff. The other devs as well that have been active and communicative this past week. It helps a lot and is noticeable and it's appreciated. Shout out to @CG_Kozispoon for not taking the bait of a gg 7* to unlock mother talzin.
  • They are very, very well designed toons. Incredible simple, yet complex and powerful. As an amateur game designer I can respect that.

It has been a long time since we last got "basic" toons like some of those present in the game on launch.- not all toons can or should be like Thrawn.

As for flavour, this is the stormtrooper/grunts for NS and as have been posted above, they a as mutch canon as Darth Vader.

• leef wrote: »
    like thrawn, dislike NS.

Same here, except I generally do like the lore also. I'm a big Thrawn fan and I'm glad he was added to the game, but with the exception of Ventress I don't like any of the Nightsisters because I just don't think they're that cool. I don't like the character design for the Nightsister Zombie and Spirit because I think they look too cartoonish. I don't care if a character is originally from a cartoon, but it just looks weird when some characters are animated more realistically and others are much less so. I also think that the Zombie's kit looks like he won't be much fun to use, but will be very annoying to fight; I'm tired of annoying unnecessary mechanics. Anyway, I think that Mother Talzin is a good addition to the game, but in my opinion the Zombie and Spirit are not.
  • leef wrote: »
    like thrawn, dislike NS.

Same here, except I generally do like the lore also. I'm a big Thrawn fan and I'm glad he was added to the game, but with the exception of Ventress I don't like any of the Nightsisters because I just don't think they're that cool. I don't like the character design for the Nightsister Zombie and Spirit because I think they look too cartoonish. I don't care if a character is originally from a cartoon, but it just looks weird when some characters are animated more realistically and others are much less so. I also think that the Zombie's kit looks like he won't be much fun to use, but will be very annoying to fight; I'm tired of annoying unnecessary mechanics. Anyway, I think that Mother Talzin is a good addition to the game, but in my opinion the Zombie and Spirit are not.

Agree 100%
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is quite a fair opinion laid out here. My piece to add is that the double drops don't open until the events do. Why would we not get the double drops leading up to and until the end of the events?

Most likely because they are recurring events. It's not a one time event, so this is really ahead start for those that can prep before hand and the double drops is for everyone else.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Most likely because they are recurring events. It's not a one time event, so this is really ahead start for those that can prep before hand and the double drops is for everyone else.

Given the timeline above for maxing these toons, you don't think we need all the help we can get from the beginning?
  • NS are canon, but a lot of people understandably won't appreciate them since they are more like something you'd tend to see in fantasy rather than sci-fi. The Spirit and zombie look like some army of the dead from LoTR or GoT rather than Star Wars with spaceships, blasters, and lightsabers. They are a unique and very different part of the SW universe. Especially to people that haven't see TCW, this would seem to be way out of bounds for SW. I get the NS hate.
  • Maybe they will increase the rate of these events to have them weekly? Like credit Heist?
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Maybe they will increase the rate of these events to have them weekly? Like credit Heist?

I wish. But from what I understand it's suppose to be longer than farming a toon on a hard node. But 2 years is way too long. And if wicket were on a hard node I have the chance at 5 with a cheaper refresh.
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    Everyone says they want the meta to change, then once it does they complain that it changed.

What people are really saying is they want the meta to shift to things they already own and have invested a billion pieces of gear into.

Everyone wants a variety of toons to be viable, not just the meta to switch over to a new more op meta making the rest of the toons even worse than they already are.
  • Orba
    61 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Given the timeline above for maxing these toons, you don't think we need all the help we can get from the beginning?

In a post that I can't seem to find now CapGasp mentioned that while they had not decided on a schedule they wanted the return rate on the Events to be about the same as if you were farming. I've been thinking about that and the slowest farm in the game would be a single hard mode node. That would mean 5 attempts a day or 35 a week, using an average of 33% success you would be averaging 11.6 shards a week (lets round it down to 11 for simplicity). At 11 shards a week it would take 30 weeks to farm the slowest node farm in the game. So without refreshes with these new events a weekly schedule would be needed to even come close, or a two day event that alternates between the Ewok and Nightsister event each week.
  • Kyno wrote: »

While this makes sense, then why no packs available until after event begins? There is no way to plan ahead if we don't have packs or double drops until the event actually begins and no recurrence information.

While I like the new content, the communication this time around has been particularly poor.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I don't like these charaters, sorry. This is Star Wars not vampires and werewolves. If you zombies and ghost thats a whole other genre.