New Nightsisters- Zombie and Spirit

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    If you have event specific questions for this update, please also toss 'em into the thread in Event Feedback:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139898/10-18-update-events-notes

I'm trying to see if I can make that thread a repository of all the answers since there's a lot to digest.

• Options
    Ewoks + nightsisters = more irrelevant toons!
    Not bad but also definitely not primary or needed like others, not to mention much needed reworks for other existing toons I can't seem to understand why the developers keep skipping over putting in Toons that actually held significant roles instead of all of these support role Toons, I mean these characters is not bad to have but they are not anyone's favorite you are putting them out there because you guys like them and we just accept it because it's something new
  • Options
    I like these new events and toons because I don't care about them and got no chance to have it.
    it is kind of rest from events :smile:
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Will you seriously delay or even cancel R2's event for this... Well this? Was there really a need to create those two useless nightsisters other than money money money? This game is clearly on the road of failure, I see a lot of people quitting because it is unbearable and because you're going out of fantasy in calling out for money.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Will you seriously delay or even cancel R2's event for this... Well this? Was there really a need to create those two useless nightsisters other than money money money? This game is clearly on the road of failure, I see a lot of people quitting because it is unbearable and because you're going out of fantasy in calling out for money.

Do you have some inside info on how well SWGOH is doing financially? Are they losing players? It seems that because YOU don't like it then it MUST be bad. Good grief. Is there any toon that the devs could come out with that would please every player? Thrawn, I think, has come the closest to universal likability but I cannot think of any others over the last six to eight months that didn't split players. Eventually the faction(s) you like will get some love from the devs.

Frankly, I'm not a big Nightsister fan but with the new additions I am now more interested in the faction than I was before.
  • Options

This might come as a shock but CG and EA are private companies; as such, part of the motivation behind what they do is money. Granted, perhaps they could be more reasonable with the prices of some of the content but it shouldn't be a surprise that the goal of the game is for them to generate money.

As for the characters being "useless". Great - so you don't like them. No matter. There are people who do like them and there are plenty of other characters for you to enjoy. Other events will come around soon enough. People were whining that the Dark Side wasn't receiving enough attention and that its factions needed reworks. This is now starting to happen via the Nightsisters, who have been neglected for a long time. Other factions will be reworked in time, too.
  • Options
    Chagoth wrote: »

Do you have some inside info on how well SWGOH is doing financially? Are they losing players? It seems that because YOU don't like it then it MUST be bad. Good grief. Is there any toon that the devs could come out with that would please every player? Thrawn, I think, has come the closest to universal likability but I cannot think of any others over the last six to eight months that didn't split players. Eventually the faction(s) you like will get some love from the devs.

Frankly, I'm not a big Nightsister fan but with the new additions I am now more interested in the faction than I was before.

I'm seeing it in the community. And no, I don't have any financial insight. Like I wrote (but maybe literacy is an optional in this place) I'm just seeing a lot of players quitting the game because of it becoming progressively pay to win and because of poor marketing choices (everyone felt the need for a spirit and a zombie undead nightsisters) and this usually brings to failure. But if you need to understand the things you require for the statement you want to do, feel totally free to. Anyways, nothing more than the Talzin event was needed. Everything else is a pretty annoying call for money. And I know they don't work for free, so spare me the "poor devs have to eat" argument. All I'm saying is that this could be the saddest and most annoying call for money since I'm playing and it will bring quite some people to quit.
  • Options
    Uh, I forgot one thing: did you stop for a second and think how many characters are missing from SWGOH? Do you think they're less important than zombie and spirit nightsisters or than making 15 Han solo and 10 Leia? I mean, Padme, Bossk, Jango Fett, C3P0, are they less important than two characters nobody saw because they're in that childish garbage called rebels?
  • Options
    Uh, I forgot one thing: did you stop for a second and think how many characters are missing from SWGOH? Do you think they're less important than zombie and spirit nightsisters or than making 15 Han solo and 10 Leia? I mean, Padme, Bossk, Jango Fett, C3P0, are they less important than two characters nobody saw because they're in that childish garbage called rebels?

Just the first season of Rebels alone is better than the prequels combined.

Not really interested in Padme, Jango, or Threepio. I find Nightsister Spirit and Zombie much more interesting. Bossk, on the other hand, I can get behind.
  • Options
    If I want Zombies, I watch "The Walking Dead".

Yes, Nightsister Zombie and Spirit might by "Star Wars" (because they appeard in Clone Wars), but, sorry, all this is still a big piece of junk which does not belong into a SF universe. Period.

Night sisters and especially this zombie/spirit crap should have been left out of "Clone Wars" and exchanged for something which really fits into the Star Wars universe way better!
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Zombie looks slow... plenty of time to dispel the taunt with nihlus, then eliminate a nightsister or two...

Or just use jyn/thrawn/foo/nihlus/zarris and feed nihlus 3 free turns + nihlus's energy drain and he can annihilate mother talzin/ventress on his second or third turn... and it all goes downhill from there.

Slow? Talzin or Asajj's leader give 30 speed so that would be 150 speed tank. That is fast.

Sickens me that Asajj has better leader ability than Vader :s
  • Options
    Aachthor wrote: »

Yes, Nightsister Zombie and Spirit might by "Star Wars" (because they appeard in Clone Wars), but, sorry, all this is still a big piece of junk which does not belong into a SF universe. Period.

Night sisters and especially this zombie/spirit **** should have been left out of "Clone Wars" and exchanged for something which really fits into the Star Wars universe way better!

The fact is they belong to the Star Wars universe, even you like them or not. I really don't care if they need to fit or not to an SF movie, I didn't know who was Thrawn, Nihilus and most of the first delivered characters (greedo, IG-88, Mob enforcer, ...) and I don't care.

It's a game and their gameplay seems great. I also like them because they're not rebel (yes!!!). Their kits are great, and their synergies too. It's really all what I see when they deliver a new toon. Is it fun to play with or not?
  • Options
    I can't eat as much as I want to barf looking at that garbage!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    IT'S HALLOWEEN PEOPLE!

Only person here who gets it.^
  • Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    The zombie seems OP. With the constant autotaunt and reviving, it’s going to be difficult for most arena teams to beat NS because you’re having to dispel the taunt every turn. Outside of thrawn’s fracture, I don’t see how else you can get around her.

We have to already with teams ith GK or Baze. It’s about time darkside had something as insanely aggravating as the LS who has ruled meta constantly

There are many ways to get around taunt. Buff immunity, shock, fracture, or just straight AE attacks. Plus Shock and Fracture are DS exclusive.

Also Boba Fett ignores taunt, and all other toons dispelling taunt (Mace, Asajj, Ezra,..)
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    IT'S HALLOWEEN PEOPLE!

Only person here who gets it.^

And Halloween means costumes right? Clone Helmets!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I really like the Plague debuff. It makes health “equalizers” a little less useful because the last thing you want is to take everyone below 100% health. lol
  • Options

They were in Clone Wars, as has been stated several times now. Clone Wars is a well-written, well-made animation - and I say this as someone who isn't a fan of the animated versions of live action movies. That you think it's "childish garbage" shouldn't mean others should lose out simply because you dislike these characters.

And I agree with you that those other characters should all be in the game, too; but them not yet being in it doesn't mean that others shouldn't be added in the meantime.

Night sisters and especially this zombie/spirit **** should have been left out of "Clone Wars" and exchanged for something which really fits into the Star Wars universe way better!

Then you should take this up with the writers of Clone Wars, not with the makers of SWGOH, for introducing them into the SW universe.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I really like the Plague debuff. It makes health “equalizers” a little less useful because the last thing you want is to take everyone below 100% health. lol
    They heal after the equalization though. So they aren't as hampered as many first thought unless the team is also heal blocked.

• Options

They were in Clone Wars, as has been stated several times now. Clone Wars is a well-written, well-made animation - and I say this as someone who isn't a fan of the animated versions of live action movies. That you think it's "childish garbage" shouldn't mean others should lose out simply because you dislike these characters.

And I agree with you that those other characters should all be in the game, too; but them not yet being in it doesn't mean that others shouldn't be added in the meantime.

Then you should take this up with the writers of Clone Wars, not with the makers of SWGOH, for introducing them into the SW universe.

When Aachthor realizes there are Geonosian Zombies too...
    giphy.gif
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Not at all happy that this totally obscure faction get these great powers.
  • Options
    The Walking Dead & Ghostbusters meets SWGOH! That must be Slimers mommy lmao!
  • Options
    Why are we getting two nameless characters when there are so many named characters we still haven’t had? (C-3PO, Padme, Jango Fett, Bossk to name just 4)
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    I like these new events and toons because I don't care about them and got no chance to have it.
    it is kind of rest from events :smile:

I actually totally agree - no stress whatsoever :)

• Options
    The only people I see complaining all write their complaints as if the game has to tailor to them and only them. Not one single player can claim that they speak for the community when that one entitled player speaks out against the new content. We get it, you don't like the nightsisters. Boo hoo. Move on, there will be new content in November and the complainers would have forgotten all about the new nightsisters by then. Its pretty sad really that people get upset and threaten to leave the game when their wish list toons aren't added or reworked. Players like that are toxic for the community and I for one would be happy to see them leave.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I like them yet have to wait and see. But talzin WILL change arena meta.
    Not sure if full ns sqaud is arena viable but plauge is a meta changing debuff for sure
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    The only people I see complaining all write their complaints as if the game has to tailor to them and only them. Not one single player can claim that they speak for the community when that one entitled player speaks out against the new content. We get it, you don't like the nightsisters. Boo hoo. Move on, there will be new content in November and the complainers would have forgotten all about the new nightsisters by then. Its pretty sad really that people get upset and threaten to leave the game when their wish list toons aren't added or reworked. Players like that are toxic for the community and I for one would be happy to see them leave.

I've got some sad news for you, in november the forum will still be filled with complaints. Just like every single month this forum has been open and most likely for every single month the forum is going to be open. Whether it's about not liking NS, because DS is getting shafted or about character x being OP. Some of them will even threaten to leave the game.
    I'd also like to note that there are plenty people who just voice their personal oppinion about nightsisters without claiming to speak for the entire community, nor threatening to leave the game.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

The fact is they belong to the Star Wars universe, even you like them or not. I really don't care if they need to fit or not to an SF movie, I didn't know who was Thrawn, Nihilus and most of the first delivered characters (greedo, IG-88, Mob enforcer, ...) and I don't care.

It's a game and their gameplay seems great. I also like them because they're not rebel (yes!!!). Their kits are great, and their synergies too. It's really all what I see when they deliver a new toon. Is it fun to play with or not?

Look, I get that your idea of Star Wars doesn't have to be my idea of Star Wars. And it's sort of fruitless to argue about who the "true" Star Wars fans are (though, to be totally honest, what kind of Star Wars rock did you live under that you didn't know who Greedo, IG-88, Nihilus, and Thrawn were?).

So how about this point: I've seen a lot of people on the forum and elsewhere say they want Mother Talzin or other named Nightsisters. Fine. But not once have I seen or heard anyone say, "You know, I just really, really want a Nightsister zombie or a ghost in this game!" Not once. So among all the other characters that people actually want and have been wishing for, we instead got two characters that I've never seen anyone ask for. And I also think the devs should have been aware that these unfamiliar characters would be off-putting and alienating to a lot of players. They just don't have the wide appeal that so many other options would have. That feels like a poor choice to me.

There were so many better characters we could have gotten in Galaxy of Nightsisters—er, I mean Heroes.
  • PeonStyle
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Woohoo !! Finally, they released toons I don't give a kitten about, so I don't need to disrupt my farming schedule. Enjoy your useless toons, and prepare to get wrecked by resistance/FO train.
  • Options
    Star wars literally has small murder bears, droids with more personality than some characters, the Force which is basically everything everywhere and people that use it also use light swords with specific colours to signify if theyre a baddy or a goody AND can become ghosts with the force. Also lets not forget the Gungans who live in whats basically Atlantis.

But no we draw the line at Spirits and Zombies because thats silly.