Nightsisters - kind of a guide (based on personal experience)

Malpka
47 posts Member
edited February 2016
Ok, so after seeing quite a bit of threads about nighsisters with both good and flat out wrog informations i decided to make this post. Hopefully i will manage to make full post as i am quite starved for time.

I play since begining of December and pretty much runing NS from very begining. Before releasing Jedi pack for yoda event i was ftp. ( i was farming Ani on average 0.9 shard per day and 44 quid saved me about 3 months time, anything beside ani in this pack was a bonus really) generally between 10 - 50 arena rank, i cant play between 4-6 o clock and free matches generaly let me cover lost ground only.

Myths( 1 really):

NS arent really viable in pvp - that is most common and flat out wrong opinion they are perfectly fine as far as pvp goes.

Truths( again 1):

NS are horrible on defence - sadly this is true, the only team i can imagine worse on defence its 5 taunts.

Pros:
1 - You play team which is quite out of meta - why this is important - NS are generaly seen as average hence they are unlikely to get nerfed anytime soon

2 - They are FTP - for those who dont want to pay it is quite advantage

3 - They are pretty safe investment - look at point one - your efforts and time to aquire them are rather safe, so you dont have to be affraid that all the sudden time you spend farming will go to waste with single update.

4 - there is only 5 (6 counting ashoka) of them, which is quite important, for example i am sitting now on 8kk credits and bunch of exp droids pretty much free to plan and evolve any other team i want.

5 - they are actually very powerfull - i can beat any maxed meta team and was able to do that before last patch as well. For example i was able to beat poe teams before patch in about 60% - 40% in my favour. Bane for my team was Phasma leader, poe, daka, sid, + 1, mass stuns and heal blocks were just to much, on the contrary IG 88,86, poe, poggle, + 1 were food.

6 - actually my favourite - while requiring quite a bit of practice, they are very rewarding.

7 - you use the same team for arena, GW and Ds missions (LS missions are irrelevant as long as you have high leveled/geared Barris as an ally)

Cons:

1 - they are horrible on defence

2 - depend on person - they require quite a bit of practice to shine.

Quick rewiev:

Nightsister initiate:

This is the toon, damage just a bit over average, but ridicolous HP - if you want to run Nighsisters you cant really do it without her.

Nightsister acolyte:

This one i wasnt really sure for a while -average damage, average hp, but at some point it just clicked, right now its a hard seed in my team. I actually believe that using her corectly is what make or break your game as far as NS go. Her skills are just fantastic. ( she still cant remove Sid heal immunity, although doesnt seem to have a problem removing Kylo one)

Asajj:

This is only reason you are wining on defence (it actually going to be pretty common on new serwers and against new players). Toon with fantastic skillset and while buff removal got fixed and is not healing whole party it still got its uses. That being said using her corectly is harder, or the same hard as acolyte, luckily u got acolyte earlier and have some practice already. Contrary to many i believe her speed is perfect, what she actually lacks is about 4k hp at current max lvl.

Daka:

Another very good character often saving grace in pve, however due to her very random nature i wouldnt use her in pvp (using acolyte instead as in "slow and steady win the race" saying). My personal experience with her is:
AI Daka - Goddes, stuning and reviving everything around.
My Daka - old lady who stays there doing nothing really.

That being said i want to try to put her on defence instead of acolyte, as of now though keep forgetting, so cant really confirm if its good idea, or not at all.

Talia:

Nothing to write songs about, while having one of the best heals in the game, she has pretty much nothing else, even her leader ability is pretty bad in current meta (only character reaching 50% eva is Sid against Jedi and to make evasion relevant you would need about 60%-70%) with that being said she is very good sacrifacial(?) lamb in GW on earlier lvls. Still worth leveling though just in case and because we are rich.

Ahsoka

Pretty much same as Talia except with better damage and leader skill. As of now mostly your saving grace on early lvls in GW.

As of now we are left with 3 nightsisters viable for pvp:
Initiate
Acolyte
Asajj

That will make core of our team (yes i still call it Nightsisters as remaining 2 characters will be merely supporting them). What we lack here is burst/sustained damage and sustain.

From now on it will be merely my personal solution, by no means i am claiming it to be the best:

Sustain - easy choice - everyone already have Lumi (it is actually pretty funny that people want nerf some toons because they are good at what they supposed to do, while all the time there is Lumi, good at pretty much everything). Her heal over time is fantastic - initiate gets almost 4k hp a turn. On top of that she is pretty good damage dealer, and a bait taking a bit heat of the Asajj.

Burst/sustain damage - again everyone already have Sid and heal block is really helpfull in avoiding situations where AI blows heal between our attacks. As a bonus low hp character with heal block on will provoke heal from healers, effectively waisting their turn.

So as of now we have:

Initiate
Acolyte
Asajj
Lumi
Sid

While damage is nowhere close to Assisst/Multiatacks FotM characters, then sustain is through the roof.
Lets see:
Acolyte - self heal on crit, stealth, debuff removal
Asajj - pretty much refill hp on both aoe and buff removal.
Sid - well its Sid
Lumi - her only job is throw heal early on and then maybe do some damage ability block
Initiate - 18k HP, 30k with Lumi heal, she is fine.

Will finish it at some other time, as it got pretty late here.

Part 2.

Sorry it took so long.

It seems that i will have to start with some correction:
After some more testing it seems that somwhere between lvl 68 and 70 Daka started performing much better, hence as of now I had to replace acolyte with her as far as pvp goes. This lead me to believe that levels may have impact on debuff landing rate (or that i had really bad rng series).
For GW I still use acolyte though, mainly because if I need for some reason emergency heal i can always swap her in and not worry about keeping her alive and with reseted cooldowns.

Killing order - doesnt really matter if its pvp or pve (also not really NS specific):

1 - Asajj - apparently she has a lot of issues when AI runs her, however knowing what she can do i am simply to scared to let her live.

2 - Lando, Maul - pretty much same as Asajj once they start rolling you will be staring at defeat screen and repeating to yourself " I should have kill them first"

3 - biggest threat DPS wise: GS, QGJ, Rey, IG-88, Leia and so on... - yes having heal block on character is annoying and may cost you character, but dead toon is even more annoying and will definitely cost you character.

4 - Annoyances - Ewok elder, Sid, Daka, Lumi

5 - support rubish - Phasma, Doku and such

6 - Healers - beside mentioned at 4 they dont really do much and on top of that killing one character alredy reduces they effectivnes by 20%.

7 - Rubish - Fives, Kylo and similar - reason being: left for themselves they dont really do nothing worthwile.

8 - Old Ben - quite obvious really.

As for Dooku - as he may be quite annoying you may move him around as you please (although i wouldnt go for him before dispatching of tier 3), I for example kinda slap him around if i have Lumi heal going and Initiate skill refreshed.

This is just general order, in many cases you will have to/be able adapt.

Lumi usage:

GW - just throw heal asap (1st,2nd, rarely 3rd turn), often so the best time to do it is after enemy Sid aoe.

PvP - use heal as needed, in general good timing for it is when you focusing enemy Sid, reason for it is: you more likely than not going to miss Sid anyway and any damage done to other character most likely going to be healed, obviously if you have chance to kill other character go for it, also if your nuke is available you can try block some annoying skill too, you will just have to practice it.

Hmm think thats about it, will update it further if i find that i forgot something.

Post edited by Malpka on

Replies

• Nightsister team is not viable in arena unless you want to be not in top 20 on a competitive server.
  • Nightsister team is not viable in arena unless you want to be not in top 20 on a competitive server.

Really? How mistyfying.

aBiouaa.jpg

VEUxgGY.png

4ZTx5Pg.jpg

tngHBeQ.png

tpSXNvm.jpg

kt3FUKu.png

C2JvTUH.jpg

This is serwer ( not sure how competitive it is compared to others as thats the only one i play):

xK3lxIc.png

And my rooster to avoid claims that its not nightsisters:

ZqzZFvy.jpg
  • Dude I kicked some one like you in PVP so easily I just Lol-ed
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Nice post. Might experiment a bit with nightsisters
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Being part of a lot of early nightsister discussions. I wanted to jump in and add some comments...
    • Ahsoka is NOT a nightsister and should never be used on a nightsister team.
    • Talia would be the best to use if you want the leader skill for evasion, even over ahsoka.
    • -Swapping Talia as your leader to defend your nightsister team for pvp can help a lot and has kept me in the top20 and usually doesn't lose too much ground.
    • -With that said Asajj as leader and AI controlling them is an easy win for anyone else attacking you.

You could run a true full nightsister team and it is very effective when being played and skills get used correctly. It is NOT an auto team at all.
    All the nightsisters are viable, there is no need to swap in sid or lumi.
    The alternative if you needed to would be to swap Lumi for Acolyte if she isn't maxed yet.
    Acolyte is the only position that is worth swapping for another character.
    Daka's speed + stun is very strong and lands often if she is fully upgraded a very useful utility to stop a taunt or heal.

Also with this setup vs yours you can initate the first heal with Talia, then as your team takes damage Lumi can bring almost all of them from half HP to full again. By that point Talia will be close or have her heal back and you have Daka to use if anyone got burst between the heal cycle. So chance for revive and another team heal. This team can sustain for a long time and still spit out a lot of single target dmg and utility,
  • Leapster wrote: »
    Being part of a lot of early nightsister discussions. I wanted to jump in and add some comments...
    • Talia would be the best to use if you want the leader skill for evasion, even over ahsoka.
    • -Swapping Talia as your leader to defend your nightsister team for pvp can help a lot and has kept me in the top20 and usually doesn't lose too much ground.
    • -With that said Asajj as leader and AI controlling them is an easy win for anyone else attacking you.

You could run a true full nightsister team and it is very effective when being played and skills get used correctly. It is NOT an auto team at all.
    The alternative if you needed to would be to swap Lumi for Acolyte if she isn't maxed yet.
    Daka's speed + stun is very strong and lands often if she is fully upgraded a very useful utility to stop a taunt or heal.

Also with this setup vs yours you can initate the first heal with Talia, then as your team takes damage Lumi can bring almost all of them from half HP to full again. By that point Talia will be close or have her heal back and you have Daka to use if anyone got burst between the heal cycle. So chance for revive and another team heal. This team can sustain for a long time and still spit out a lot of single target dmg and utility,

Good points and I mean no offense but you are talking many rounds here my friend. On my bracket your plan would fail in epic fashion as the fights are rarely 90 seconds long. One person ran a max gear talia. I saw it for maybe an hour on the team. She did her great heal, and my wet noodle I call Phasma sneezed on here she was dead. Maxed Lumi(despite I use her still) often does not live to take her turn unless QGJ lead. Honestly I use her only because as AI Max Dooku throws the stun at her almost everytime she acts almost as a taunter atg times as I kill off threats. Your 3 healer in Daka, Lumi, and Talia simply can't keep up with the hard hitting that occurs. QGJ has 1 hit my 7* gear 8 Lumi. My GS has done that to others Lumi. A Max Dooku FL crits about 4.5-6k I've seen, like half her HP.

Look I love NS. I played with them a bit, tested them. I use them in a GW squad c or D. Daka is viable in PVP because she is fast, maxed good HP and her stun hits a lot, can drive you nuts. Ventress used right on offense can be almost Goddess like. On Defense she rarely gets to get in a hit. Initiate has killer HP, but for a crit attacker not a hard enough hitter.

I plan, after another project or two to reinvest and level Acolyte higher. I have Daka about to 7, max gear. Ventress max gear as is initiate, both are 7* ready but I've not dropped the 2mil to do so yet, not for a c/d GW team.
  • 2nd part added(and Acolyte addition in bolded)
    Leapster wrote: »
    Being part of a lot of early nightsister discussions. I wanted to jump in and add some comments...

As for Ahsoka - given that i also run Lumi she is actually much better than Talia, plus she deals more damage, also as mentioned i only used her in early GW levels (40 - 55) when facing some ridicolous team.

As for swaping Talia for leader I may actually try it, although i am not sure if (quite frankly pittyfull) evasion will be able to ofsett lost speed.

Reason i prefer Lumi over Talia: Talia heal recover 40% of hp to use it efficiently (healing more than 1 character for significiant amount) you need to put yourself in a bit of danger zone, which is perfectly fine in GW, however may backfire in arena where you have only 5 matches, without retrying. With Lumi you dont have to worry about that and effectively minimasing risk.

As for Sid without him and his healblock you simply lack DPS to dispatch of threats quickly and any taunt/heal (or both) between your attacks may actually cost you a fight.

Good points and I mean no offense but you are talking many rounds here my friend. On my bracket your plan would fail in epic fashion as the fights are rarely 90 seconds long. One person ran a max gear talia. I saw it for maybe an hour on the team. She did her great heal, and my wet noodle I call Phasma sneezed on here she was dead. Maxed Lumi(despite I use her still) often does not live to take her turn unless QGJ lead. Honestly I use her only because as AI Max Dooku throws the stun at her almost everytime she acts almost as a taunter atg times as I kill off threats. Your 3 healer in Daka, Lumi, and Talia simply can't keep up with the hard hitting that occurs. QGJ has 1 hit my 7* gear 8 Lumi. My GS has done that to others Lumi. A Max Dooku FL crits about 4.5-6k I've seen, like half her HP.

Daka is viable in PVP because she is fast, maxed good HP and her stun hits a lot, can drive you nuts. Ventress used right on offense can be almost Goddess like. On Defense she rarely gets to get in a hit. Initiate has killer HP, but for a crit attacker not a hard enough hitter.

Pretty much this.

eBitzu wrote: »
    Dude I kicked some one like you in PVP so easily I just Lol-ed

As stated in first post - NS are horrible on defense, it would take a lot of effort to make worse defense team.
  • Still no. My Nightsisters are more maxed than yours. They suck in arena.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    All this hate for NS team. First let me say I barely play in arena. I am on a competitive server that if I am in the higher ranks I get knocked down 100+ spots (not using a NS team) before 1700 and then another 100 or so over night. I see no ROI on wasting crystals everyday to climb ranks that get wiped out before snipe time and over night So I play my 3 arena matches for my daily rewards and that is it normally.

That said I have a high level NS team and I love it. I play around with them in DC missions, GW and area and I like that they are a challenge to use. Asajj health steal is great. Using her AOE she can heal almost from dead to full health. In GW when a spot is getting constantly attacked starring out I swap her into that spot and she really does some damage. By the time it gets to her she normally has her buff's and really does some damage. Talia gets about 1/4 of her health back with basic ability.

I have also subbed sid in as leader to increase critical chance and then they really do some damage.