10/18 Update Events Notes

Hey everyone, here's some info about all the new events to help you get on board the event train:
  • 5 Ewoks at 4-stars to earn Wicket shards in the AT-ST event. When you have 7-Star Wicket, you can get zetas from doing the bonus tier of that event.
  • 5 Nightsisters at 5-stars for earning Talzin shards in Defense of Dathomir. When you 7-Star Talzin, you can get zetas from doing the bonus tier.
  • Nightsisters/Phoenix for the new Assault Battle (Secrets and Shadows) - lots of highly requested gear and sith shards.
  • 5 Nightsisters (I recommend G8+) for Advanced Tactics, again, helping get gear everyone's been requesting. No star-rarity requirement for T2.
  • Zombie and Spirit come from the Ghosts of Dathomir event. If you're level 80+ you will get them both the first time you win. If you're under level 80, you'll instead get a few shards and a huge XP reward the first time to help you level up.
  • Marquee events don't run again, but the rest of these will. No dates yet for future runs, so check them out while you can!
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Replies

• Thanks @CG_CapGaSP .. next time we get a mega update you need to be in charge of posting the abridged notes!
  • Thanks @CG_CapGaSP .. next time we get a mega update you need to be in charge of posting the abridged notes!

I wrote the long ones Kozi posted =P
  • @CG_CapGaSP are you aware that since the update, the turrets and cannon on the aat raid P2 and 4 respawn with the same TM they went down with?
  • It looks as though this has already been reported: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/P2-amp-p4-haat-top-turret-bug/m-p/6355830#M3643

Hopefully Kozi can provide everyone with info tomorrow or Friday if we identify the cause and it's an easy fix.
  • thanks for the info! Would like just little bit of clarification if possible, if I'm lvl 79 will i not be able to get zombie and spirit this time around? Thanks!
  • If you're sub 80 you'll get shards of one of them and a pile of XP for completing Tier 1. If you're over 80, you will get 25 shards of each. The event will return, so even if you can't get them this time as long as you keep leveling up you will eventually be able to get them.
  • Thanks for the rewards of Secrets and Shadows!
  • Hey just some quick feedback. I played the ewok event twice and then bought packs to get Wicket to 7*. I'll admit it was first thing in the morning so I wasn't paying super close attention. When I went back to the event, of course I couldn't play for zetas, and thought that was a missed opportunity to communicate that to the players. Since the last event we had was capital ships, and the strategy was pretty much max out the refreshes then buy packs, I just went on autopilot for this one and was completely wrong. Hopefully that's helpful feedback, since there's so much variation and new stipulations for events.
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    Hey just some quick feedback. I played the ewok event twice and then bought packs to get Wicket to 7*. I'll admit it was first thing in the morning so I wasn't paying super close attention. When I went back to the event, of course I couldn't play for zetas, and thought that was a missed opportunity to communicate that to the players. Since the last event we had was capital ships, and the strategy was pretty much max out the refreshes then buy packs, I just went on autopilot for this one and was completely wrong. Hopefully that's helpful feedback, since there's so much variation and new stipulations for events.

Thanks. So maybe the bonus round refresh no zetas included. But when it returns so will the zetas. Curious though what were the prizes offered the 2nd time in the bonus round?
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    Hey just some quick feedback. I played the ewok event twice and then bought packs to get Wicket to 7*. I'll admit it was first thing in the morning so I wasn't paying super close attention. When I went back to the event, of course I couldn't play for zetas, and thought that was a missed opportunity to communicate that to the players. Since the last event we had was capital ships, and the strategy was pretty much max out the refreshes then buy packs, I just went on autopilot for this one and was completely wrong. Hopefully that's helpful feedback, since there's so much variation and new stipulations for events.

Thanks. So maybe the bonus round refresh no zetas included. But when it returns so will the zetas. Curious though what were the prizes offered the 2nd time in the bonus round?

So I did Tier 1 twice to get my Wicket shards, then bought the packs to 7* him. I was thinking then I would go play Tier 2 twice, kinda like how the omega events, assault battles, some other stuff, where the Tier refreshes are separate. So I never got to play Tier 2...
  • This doesnt explain why its so hard! I have gear 9 ewoks and 2 gear 8 and i get blasted awat
  • This doesnt explain why its so hard! I have gear 9 ewoks and 2 gear 8 and i get blasted awat

Iirc- cap said it will be challenging when it returns. And it was. Try switching leads if you can
  • The Wicket shard drop rate is indeed a bug, and I caused it. Oops. We're going to fix it. Kozi will have more info soon.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    The Wicket shard drop rate is indeed a bug, and I caused it. Oops. We're going to fix it. Kozi will have more info soon.

Lawl. Thanks again cap.
  • @CG_CapGaSP -- Thanks for the info! To just a piece of feedback though, -- this post probably should've been in the Dev Announcement or Game Update section (I just stumbled across it now because I figured you might have been responding to something about the shard error), or at least in the Events section instead of in feedback. Otherwise, you should include these abridged notes in the game update notes you give Kozi!
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    The Wicket shard drop rate is indeed a bug, and I caused it. Oops. We're going to fix it. Kozi will have more info soon.

Do you know why they aren't fixing the event refresh bug?
  • @CG_CapGaSP are the Defense & Ghost of Dathomir events only places you can get shards for the three new Nightsisters?
  • I understand that everyone got 250 crystals and 20 wicket shards, but what about the people that beat the event and did not receive the 10 shards, and also the people that spent ~800 crystals (I forget how much exactly it was) to refresh and only got 7 shards? @CG_CapGaSP
  • BigJohnnyK wrote: »
    I understand that everyone got 250 crystals and 20 wicket shards, but what about the people that beat the event and did not receive the 10 shards, and also the people that spent ~800 crystals (I forget how much exactly it was) to refresh and only got 7 shards? @CG_CapGaSP

Is manna from heaven not enough?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @CG_CapGaSP are the Defense & Ghost of Dathomir events only places you can get shards for the three new Nightsisters?

Correct, they are the only locations to gain shards through gameplay for all 3 characters.