Hello Developers, please fix GW

It isn't even fun anymore. First CLS is ridiculously OP. After loosing my top two squads, a single GL 12 CLS beat every character I had. For the past 3 days I'm hitting full GL 12 CLS squads. I now can't even beat node 11. Just reading all these threads. Why? Does anyone but the top 10% of players enjoy this stupid activity?

I can't see what is in it for CG. No one is going to drop $ to beat GW. It doesn't have to be easy but to NEVER be able to beat it is equally bad.

Replies

• Broken and hard are two separate things
  • It's working as designed, I won't disagree that it's poorly designed, but it is working as designed. therefor not broken just hard
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Understand and we're now delving into semantics. I mean to infer that as designed, its broken.

The design is ingenious for a game like this. They system in play here is a hands off way for the dev team to make a game mode that evolves as players grow and changes with the meta. this mode also gives the player an incredible tool set of advantages not seen in any other game mode.

I understand people are having trouble and I am not saying anything about this, but the design is great.

I love GW BTW, even when i can't beat all 12 nodes.
  • BridgeBuilder
    47 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    Understand and we're now delving into semantics. I mean to infer that as designed, its broken.

The design is ingenious for a game like this. They system in play here is a hands off way for the dev team to make a game mode that evolves as players grow and changes with the meta. this mode also gives the player an incredible tool set of advantages not seen in any other game mode.

I understand people are having trouble and I am not saying anything about this, but the design is great.

If the design is to get people frustrated then, yes, the design is just perfect.

There are four kinds of people that enjoy GW - or say so. The newer, lower rank people that can circumvent nodes by large roster plus they never really met a wall, resistance ZFin team people, the whales - that rule the game basically and the cheerleaders.

Most people that say they can beat GW without a problem are resistance (ZFin or not) people. Being mandatory to farm those stupid six characters to play the game is the very opposite of fun. Star Wars is a huge universe yet "Zfin resistance" is all you hear in all "Fix GW" threads since forever. Fork ZFin resistance. I rather skip GW than force farm those stupid characters.
    "Frustration leads to impatience. Impatience leads to buying crystals. Buying crystals leads to revenue."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

If the design is to get people frustrated then, yes, the design is just perfect.

There are four kinds of people that enjoy GW - or say so. The newer, lower rank people that can circumvent nodes by large roster plus they never really met a wall, resistance ZFin team people, the whales - that rule the game basically and the cheerleaders.

Most people that say they can beat GW without a problem are resistance (ZFin or not) people. Being mandatory to farm those **** six characters to play the game is the very opposite of fun. Star Wars is a huge universe yet "Zfin resistance" is all you hear in all "Fix GW" threads since forever. Fork ZFin resistance. I rather skip GW than force farm those **** characters.

the design is meant to be hands off and self evolving. yes it goes through waves as it is player designed teams, but they do change. The goal of this system is to test your roster, in many cases this means particular toons/teams but it also means a well developed roster that can handle the meta shift.

Resistance are just the current team, Phoenix does quite well also. As some older players can tell you ewok and daka used to be the team to run GW. I have also run droids for a long time. There was also Zader and a decent DS team that can do it well. As the meta shift so does the team that is gold in GW.

we all hit the hump and this one is no different. You missed a group in your example, old players. some of us have been playing long enough to have a well developed roster and have farmed many key toons.

No one is forcing you to farm resistance, but they are one of the best investments in the current state of the game. 1 zeta, useful in TB, GW, HAAT, and basically any mission you can use them in. but thats just my opinion.
  • Personally I am not that advanced in the game(here is my swgoh so you can see my characters), and I can’t always beat galactic wars, sometimes I face maxed teams like chase with wigs and a cls and I can’t beat them, sometimes I can but I need to send a suicide squad to get rid of one or do some damage so it helps me but that is pretty rare and sometimes I can’t beat GW but it is a challenge and that is why I like it, it’s true that sometimes it a waste of time though.