Follow up Mother Talzin

Prev134
Annastrasza
1766 posts Member
edited October 2017
INSERT EDIT: @CG_RyDiggs CLARIFICATION: Event, Defense of Dathomir is a heroic event and does require your account to be 75th level to participate. Even so, it could be very difficult at that level.

ORIGINAL POST:
A poster said:
Need MT at 7*. If you read the updates, its pretty clear. Ill tag it here for you.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139539/content-update-10-18-2017#latest
Defense of Dathomir will run on Oct 20th.

In Tier 2, unlocked only when you have a 7-Star Mother Talzin yourself, battle a vastly more powerful incarnation of the Separatist forces with any 7-Star units you own! Succeed and earn 2-4 coveted Zeta Ability Materials! Tier 2 is available to win once, with no crystal refresh, each day the event runs.

Is it possible to get a 7* MT with no crystal refresh???

I am not rich so was wondering if there is an option for folks like me to unblock Tier 2.
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• Sadly it'll be the slow way: probably as long as if you're not refreshing the Wicket event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    A poster said:
    Need MT at 7*. If you read the updates, its pretty clear. Ill tag it here for you.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139539/content-update-10-18-2017#latest

In Tier 2, unlocked only when you have a 7-Star Mother Talzin yourself, battle a vastly more powerful incarnation of the Separatist forces with any 7-Star units you own! Succeed and earn 2-4 coveted Zeta Ability Materials! Tier 2 is available to win once, with no crystal refresh, each day the event runs.

Is it possible to get a 7* MT with no crystal refresh???

I am not rich so was wondering if there is an option for folks like me to unblock Tier 2.

EDIT:

Defense of Dathomir Special Event

The Separatist Army led by General Grievous and Count Dooku have invaded Dathomir! In this special time-limited event gather a force of Nightsisters (minimum 5-Stars) and defend Dathomir! This event will be available for a limited time and has two tiers:
    Tier 1 pits your team of 5-Star (or higher) Nightsisters against the attacking Separatist forces. Succeed and earn shards for Mother Talzin! Tier 1 is available to win once, and can be refreshed for crystals for one more win, each day the event runs.

It looks like this will be the only way to gain shards, (without crystals)
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    7* MT will cost LOTS of crystals, refresh/packs.
    Unless you get lucky on a pack and pull 330.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahah
    Sorry that made me laugh just typing that.
    You would be the 1/1,000,000.
    Good luck
  • I was really feeling mother talzin and went for the packs. Bought 6(I know, I know) 3 with 5 shards and 3 with 7. Consider yourself warned.
  • Well I can’t buy any cards. My husband has me on lockdown when it comes to ingame purchases :D
  • As you noticed there is no level requirement for the event there also appears to be a bug where Talzin herself cant be used to access the event. See the bug report here and reply if it is affecting you please

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bug-Tier-1-Nightsister-Event-Defense-of-Dathomir-not-accessible/td-p/6359472
  • Dear Developers. We all understand that high labor put in to all the events we have seen this month, truly a big thank you note for making our favorite game more enjoyable!!!

Now, that being said. I find it not acceptable to the game philosophy to ask us to invest a LARGE amount of money in taking Mother Talzin to 7 Stars (from 4 if you win all posible events at this point) and then qualify for a Bonus Tier...I mean, what are the rewards here? in any case hope no more shards for this character as they will be useless.

Please re-evaluate.

Sending you my best!!!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm just going to level up enough Nightsisters at my own pace to do the Mother Talzin shard event that comes back monthly(?). At 10 shards a month, I have her at 7* in about 2-3 years. I'm okay with that because she will be out of style in 6 or so months. (see: Nihilus, Palpatine, Shoretrooper, etc.) and I beat the system by not spending any money (see: Baze, Chirrut, Force Awakens Millienial Falcon, etc.). :#

Good luck.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RickOneMex wrote: »
    Dear Developers. We all understand that high labor put in to all the events we have seen this month, truly a big thank you note for making our favorite game more enjoyable!!!

Now, that being said. I find it not acceptable to the game philosophy to ask us to invest a LARGE amount of money in taking Mother Talzin to 7 Stars (from 4 if you win all posible events at this point) and then qualify for a Bonus Tier...I mean, what are the rewards here? in any case hope no more shards for this character as they will be useless.

Please re-evaluate.

Sending you my best!!!

@RickOneMex its free, it just takes time as the event Defence of Dathomir is recurring. It will just take you more time than someone who does invest.
  • Edge
    27 posts Member
    I was really feeling mother talzin and went for the packs. Bought 6(I know, I know) 3 with 5 shards and 3 with 7. Consider yourself warned.

I purchased 4 packs and each had 7 shards. I’d been a good boy and resisted spending money until now.

Learned my lesson the hard way...

• If it comes back monthly, which seems to be the plan, it will take 26 months to get her to 7*. Spending just over 10,000 crystals to refresh once every time it comes back shortens that to 13 months to get her to 7*.

The regular rewards are 2-4 Zeta mats. Which we all know means two. So having a 7* Mother Talzin only gets you slightly over one Zeta ability a year. Personally it's not worth spending around $70 worth of crystals to start farming 1 Zeta ability per year in 13 months instead of 26 months.

By the way, this is not a complaint. It's just a cost/benefit analysis. The event runs too infrequently, and takes way too long to see any return on your investment to be worth refreshing. I'll just wait the 2.167 years to get my 7* Mother Talzin. Same goes for Wicket.
  • 26 months for one toon hahaha
    Wow. Bad design is bad design.

Just add MT to one of the DS or Cantina battle and be done with it
  • Ok, a bit sad, but ok... Ill see it as a long term challenge. thank you for the answer.

Note: just please make the rewards worthy. : )
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Let me start by saying this: I really love this game, and I am not a person known for ranting. Trust me when I say I speak for many others that we all do. But seriously, EVERYTHING has went one sided ever since CHAZE. I went from annoyed, hopeful, saddened, disgusted, enlightened, all the way to now just disappointed. Let me explain why (in a short and slightly less boring way)

First, raid and legendary characters: we have Raid han, GK, r2, bb8, CLS, EP, thrawn, (hermit yoda). Hey guess what? ALL raid characters are light side! GK has dominated the game for more than a year! Raid han has been reworked to a great toon! We have three viable light side legendary characters, while EP is an outdated legendary toon that nobody even uses anymore, and one good legendary dark side thrawn does not make a whole faction viable. Not to mention TB characters are also light-sided, Everything you get from TB shop are rebel ships rebel characters, but hopefully they'll change it up in dark side TB although I'm not hopeful, since people would probably complain that it would take too long to farm hermit yoda.

Secondly, bias towards rebel faction (oh look dad! There's an elephant rancor in the room!) Honestly, what is UP with people designing and balancing the game. Try telling me, honestly, from your heart, no matter if you are a dev or a community manager or a fellow player like me, that the rebels are not heavily biased in this game. Arena? Rebels. HAAT? Hell rebel can solo p1 with two people. EP? Rebels. CLS? Rebels. Thrawn? Rebels. This whole star wars: galaxy of speedy rebels have been OBNOXIOUS to say the least. Everyone is fed up with more and more rebels. And I don't know how gaming companies work, but when half the player base tells you that we are sick of rebels, that rebels have dominated the game for more than a year, that all your other petty rework for ewoks or sith have been nothing but prelude for more rebels, I think you should reflect something. And don't go ahead and tell me yea we know, we aclnowledge. When I tell my son or daughter that they make a mistake, I want to see IMPROVEMENTS. Not empty acknowledgment and promises. You can tell me you know about your mistake all you want. But this doesn't help the fact that you are still steering into the wrong path.

To be honest, there's nothing you can do to remedy the loss of all minor-faction( or even empire or dark side users) for a whole year of dominance by the rebels, short of tipping the game BIASED to all the other factions while ignoring rebels for ANOTHER year, which is NOT what I or anyone wants. While rebel users work 20% hard to farm and yield 100% rewards, other factions have to work 200% hard just to stay in the game and be viable. If that's how you want the game to be, FINE. Maybe I was wrong about you and naive to think that you care.

Now to this NS rework. Honestly I really really love it. ANYTHING but rebels. Although I have no NS ready (only daka at g7 7*) I appreciate the change, though far from sufficient for any non-rebel factions. (Even jedis and clones) (don't even get me started on the zaul "meta" which is even shorter than my christmas holiday)

But really? You had to make MT EXCLUSIVE to event, where we get a petty 10 shards? Seriously, that's around 0.3 shard a day, and we may need up to TWO YEARS for a 7* character to farm zeta mats and play in arena. WHO knows if the devs come up with something like charlie or delta mats by then. SAME applies to wicket. Do the math yourself. They are even MORE legendary than CLS or r2 at this point in terms of farming. I could farm r2 then CLS and back to back during these two years and still not get enough shards to 7* talzin or wicket.

Sometimes I wonder if you devs are speciest. Only siding with human rebels and crushing all other minor factions viability under your foot. And if this is not what you want, I encourage you to SPEAK up and COMMUNICATE with us. One small improvement in communication does not ratify the lack of them. Look at the phoenix panic farm back during thrawn. Look at the uproar during october calender. OPEN your eyes and see.

From a very concerned and disappointed player.
  • Those were genuine and honest words and plentiful
  • 26 months for one toon hahaha
    Wow. Bad design is bad design.

Just add MT to one of the DS or Cantina battle and be done with it

Hahaha so true

come on devs.. Give us 25 shards every month without refresh so new players also can unlock her at first event..

The rewards in this game is just so..... Step up with those rewards! Just like packs! (And I don’t even buy them)

And that nightsister flazh event... No one needs a **** mod and some level 3 gear... Make people want to play those event instead of just adding more and more for cashgrab
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    why concerned? you said you love the game
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Why disappointed? U said u love the game
  • lulz ... get the packs or give up the ghost
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Dear Developers. We all understand that high labor put in to all the events we have seen this month, truly a big thank you note for making our favorite game more enjoyable!!!

Please re-evaluate.

Sending you my best!!!

@RickOneMex its free, it just takes time as the event Defence of Dathomir is recurring. It will just take you more time than someone who does invest.

I think he's saying if you spend all the money to take her to 7* then you can't play the bonus tier even if you qualify, hence why there's no reward. This is why I haven't played the event yet, I'm waiting for them to find the bug and fix it before dropping the cash.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    If it comes back monthly, which seems to be the plan, it will take 26 months to get her to 7*. Spending just over 10,000 crystals to refresh once every time it comes back shortens that to 13 months to get her to 7*.

The regular rewards are 2-4 Zeta mats. Which we all know means two. So having a 7* Mother Talzin only gets you slightly over one Zeta ability a year. Personally it's not worth spending around $70 worth of crystals to start farming 1 Zeta ability per year in 13 months instead of 26 months.

By the way, this is not a complaint. It's just a cost/benefit analysis. The event runs too infrequently, and takes way too long to see any return on your investment to be worth refreshing. I'll just wait the 2.167 years to get my 7* Mother Talzin. Same goes for Wicket.

Honestly, if you want to up your Zeta mats, you should be focusing on Ships so that you can earn as much daily fleet currency as possible to buy them from fleet shipments. I did that early on because my fleet shard was (and is) not that competitive so it was easy for me to place in the Top 10 to 15 daily. Now, I place in Top 5 daily but I use my fleet currency on ship blueprints and General Grievous shards because I have a bunch of Zeta mats saved up.

My point is relying on events like this for Zetas is probably not a good return on your resources invested. I look as Zetas earned from an event like this as a pleasant bonus and not something I need to get ASAP.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    If it comes back monthly, which seems to be the plan, it will take 26 months to get her to 7*. Spending just over 10,000 crystals to refresh once every time it comes back shortens that to 13 months to get her to 7*.

Honestly, if you want to up your Zeta mats, you should be focusing on Ships so that you can earn as much daily fleet currency as possible to buy them from fleet shipments. I did that early on because my fleet shard was (and is) not that competitive so it was easy for me to place in the Top 10 to 15 daily. Now, I place in Top 5 daily but I use my fleet currency on ship blueprints and General Grievous shards because I have a bunch of Zeta mats saved up.

My point is relying on events like this for Zetas is probably not a good return on your resources invested. I look as Zetas earned from an event like this as a pleasant bonus and not something I need to get ASAP.

You totally misunderstand. I'm not relying on it for anything. Partly because I'm top 5 daily in my ship arena, and have been for a while. Thanks for the suggestion though even if it was somewhat condescending.

I'm just analyzing what the benefits are to this event vs the cost of refreshes. Besides the Mother Talzin shards, this event provides Zetas once she is completed. But math says that it's exactly what you described. A modest bonus, and not a significant source of Zetas. Nothing to be relied upon. And precisely because of that I won't spend the 10,000 crystals to shorten the farm from 2 years to 1 year.

I do have to wonder if that's over doing it a bit for the average person who actually just wants the character, and is not a 5-6 figure spender. I like the model of the event. It's not the prestige of a legendary event, but it's also not just an average toon being plopped on a cantina node. If you build a NS team you can farm MT for free over time without spending other energy. Same for Ewoks/Wicket. I hope they do something similar for other big names/leaders that get added to other factions. The cost of entry (4* with barely purple gear, and average mods) isn't through the roof. There is a nice bonus tier for players that do the work that adds value to the character, and faction. I love the idea. But 26 months to farm a character seems like it might be holding the carrot so far out that the horse may lose interest. Even the hard nodes got an increase in attempts because 9 months farming a toon was turning people off.

But hey, I'm here for the long haul. And who knows how this structure might get tweaked between now, and December 2019 when I finally get my 7* Mother Talzin.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Matt_B wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Please re-evaluate.

Sending you my best!!!

I think he's saying if you spend all the money to take her to 7* then you can't play the bonus tier even if you qualify, hence why there's no reward. This is why I haven't played the event yet, I'm waiting for them to find the bug and fix it before dropping the cash.

@Matt_B

No the OP is very clearly asking about unlocking tier 2 without using crystals.

and the bug i believe you are refering to has been identified. There was a missing line in the requirements that the player needs to be lvl 75.
  • The 330 shards would drop after several spins.
    10-20 spins I've gotten the 330 drop before.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    lulz ... get the packs or give up the ghost
    I see what you did there!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »

You totally misunderstand. I'm not relying on it for anything. Partly because I'm top 5 daily in my ship arena, and have been for a while. Thanks for the suggestion though even if it was somewhat condescending.

I'm just analyzing what the benefits are to this event vs the cost of refreshes. Besides the Mother Talzin shards, this event provides Zetas once she is completed. But math says that it's exactly what you described. A modest bonus, and not a significant source of Zetas. Nothing to be relied upon. And precisely because of that I won't spend the 10,000 crystals to shorten the farm from 2 years to 1 year.

I do have to wonder if that's over doing it a bit for the average person who actually just wants the character, and is not a 5-6 figure spender. I like the model of the event. It's not the prestige of a legendary event, but it's also not just an average toon being plopped on a cantina node. If you build a NS team you can farm MT for free over time without spending other energy. Same for Ewoks/Wicket. I hope they do something similar for other big names/leaders that get added to other factions. The cost of entry (4* with barely purple gear, and average mods) isn't through the roof. There is a nice bonus tier for players that do the work that adds value to the character, and faction. I love the idea. But 26 months to farm a character seems like it might be holding the carrot so far out that the horse may lose interest. Even the hard nodes got an increase in attempts because 9 months farming a toon was turning people off.

But hey, I'm here for the long haul. And who knows how this structure might get tweaked between now, and December 2019 when I finally get my 7* Mother Talzin.

You're correct. Also what worries me is how many of these events are coming? If I'm a huge geo fan and the options for the events are wicket,talzin, some un named Tuscan, and then a geo I'm not going to care about wicket and the rest because I want to put all resources in geos. The carrot is too far and how many carrots will there be?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Yep, in 2 years it's going to be a Mother of a Christmas!

Seriously though - this does need to shorten up. I've played this game for almost two years. I can't imagine just finishing off a character I started at launch. That's just nuts. They really need to look at other ways to distribute shards that is more consistent with other forms of character shard acquisition.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yep, in 2 years it's going to be a Mother of a Christmas!

Seriously though - this does need to shorten up. I've played this game for almost two years. I can't imagine just finishing off a character I started at launch. That's just nuts. They really need to look at other ways to distribute shards that is more consistent with other forms of character shard acquisition.

I guess. Been playing almost two years, took that long for me to finally get hawkeye sister and galactic war sister unlocked. They aren't going see light past 5*s though.

Took me a year to get Shoretrooper to 7*.

Going to be two years for Falcon, Tie Reaper.

Still don't have Urrrroror and I've been farming bronziums daily for about two years.

What's another year(s) really in SWGOH. :D
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Is she going to be event only unlock? I am sure the Devs will have to put her into the FTP method farm on a node or cantina node or heck even shipments somewhere. So in like 3 months she should be farmable just like the the new Nightsisters. It cant be that this is the only way to get her cause 2 years to finish off a toon its unreasonable. Also 7 star is required for gear 12 so yea. I am really tired of CG/Ea milking the dolphins and the whales dry still like hundreds of dollars to 7 star a new toon more than any Triple A game that is coming out. I bet if it was more along the lines of 50 to 60 bucks for a new toon to 7 star more people could afford to buy it and more people would buy it. I stopped chasing new toons after i spend over 300 bucks to get nihilus 7 star and he was made redundant after a month.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Please re-evaluate.

Sending you my best!!!

You aren't meant to get Talzin to 7* - just work on you Nightsisters and you'll get her when the event comes around and around - like Wicket on Endor.

Of course this does not stop and of course actually prompts the whales pulling out the wallets - which is welcome as that pays the Dev's salaries.

At least you know what you need for next time, like all these events.