Rey's new name

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm hoping Rey is not related to anyone, and that her force sensitivity is due to a resurgence in the force to rebalance itself. I've heard almost all the theories of who her parents are and none of them are very satisfying. The fact that it's begun manifesting in children sounds like a far more interesting premise.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Kylo and Solo don’t rhyme. They have assonance at best.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • StGregory
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Rey is cloned from Luke's hand.
    That will explain why Luke's saber called to her, and I bet they explain her force aptitude and such by saying the force is stored in the persons RNA.

Alternatively, She could be cloned from a piece of Vader. His funeral pyre was obviously raided by Kylo, so who's to say he didn't take the body remains as well. Possibly he started the clone project himself to resurrect Vader, ending in disappointment because she didn't seem force sensitive. That would explain Kylo's alarm when he asks "what girl" when he was informed BB8 got away. It would explain the name of the film, as the force awakened in Rey. It too would explain the lightsaber calling to her as well, and why Luke said he had only felt someone this powerful once before.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Where do you get that Rey is "barely 18"? Is it in one of the books or something?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    StGregory wrote: »
    Rey is cloned from Luke's hand.

SW has sort of established that clones are identical, so Rey is not exactly the right gender for that. But good theory! I like it :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Related by the theory that ben is her grandfather.
    Rey Kenobi seems fun, still a bigger fan that shes a palpatine

I think both theories are insane.

She's a skywalker too, or and I hate to say it Prophecy of the CHosen One version 2.0 - god I hope the latter is not the case!!!!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    If she's born of the force like Anakin that could also explain Luke's horror in the trailer.

This was also a rumour before the trailer and that part of the trailer makes sense.

But a millennia old jedi prophecy finally squirts out Anakin to balance the force, then only a few decades later does it again: that's like Jesus coming down from Heaven to save us from all our sins every few decades - sorry, but I am not buying it.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Rey is Luke and Leia’s kid

Yes!!!! I have said this before many times on this forum!!! - Pure Skywalker!!!!!
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Where do you get that Rey is "barely 18"? Is it in one of the books or something?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rey
    Rey was born in 15 ABY, eleven years after the Battle of Endor. -- That's 15 years after the Battle of Yavin, when Vader and Obi-Wan met on the Death Star.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_VII_The_Force_Awakens
    Timeline: 34 ABY, 30 years after Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi

34 - 15 = 19

So depending on whether or not she already had her birthday when TFA occurred, she could still be 18.
  • DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    the reason why i think she can be a palpatine is because i remember having a old book from the old schoolastic paper you can order books or like a exclusive book set from. i remember it was a male though . i think it was a interactive book rpg thing wher eit gives you an option of like if you turn to page whatever you go one way or page ect you go the other way and it changes the story
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    the reason why i think she can be a palpatine is because i remember having a old book from the old schoolastic paper you can order books or like a exclusive book set from. i remember it was a male though . i think it was a interactive book rpg thing wher eit gives you an option of like if you turn to page whatever you go one way or page ect you go the other way and it changes the story

What are you saying - this makes no sense as to why some book makes you think Rey is a Palpatine.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    star-wars-the-force-awakens-blue-rey-edition-16048178.png
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Winstar wrote: »
    and Ren rhymes with Ben and Kylo rhymes with Solo.

Lol, it's not Star Wars without the cool names/puns/whatnot. Fat guy is called Porkins, evil guy is Sideous. BB8 is a pair of robot balls shaped like an 8.

BB-8 got his name because one of the guys making the movie was a huge Beastie Boys fan and they have 8 albums, therefore BB-8.

It's ok to say his name. J.J. Abrahams. He had to let everyone know with Star Trek as well.

Well... seems like J J Abrams still failed to make people know his name, don't you think?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Note: there is no Grey Force, and no Grey Force users. The Light Side is selfless, the Dark Side is selfish, it's that simple. There can be no Grey/using both/whatever, because you can't be both selfless and selfish at the same time, you always choose one side. Qui-Gon was considered a Grey Jedi, but with a different defination: a Jedi who doesn't respect the Jedi Council and all their decisions. He didn't use the Dark Side. Even the Bendu, the only canon reference to being "in the middle" is just ****, he is as selfish as they come.

Disagree the ex wife was selfless in her selfishness but seriously didn't some of the Jedi exhibit selfish behaviors while being selfless as a Jedi. Your boy qgj had a wife defiled the Jedi council by having a attachment w another while is Jedi brethren had to hit it and quit it not being able to love.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

What are you saying - this makes no sense as to why some book makes you think Rey is a Palpatine.

disney borrows things from the legends eu and reinvents it for there now canon ..... plus can you honestly say thats worse than rey being a kenobi or fricking mace windu being snoke?
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    In the book Aftermath, which is after the Battle of Endor leading up to the Battle of Jokku, the Knights of Ren are introduced. They are already Sith affectionados and specifically are looking for Vader’s lightsaber. If I remember correctly, they found the Pyre on Endor, not Kylo, and took the remains of Vader’s armor. It was also addressed somewhere Disney, that Kylo’s cloak was the same cloak Luke threw away in the Rancor pit. There is also mention of Boba’s armor being in a sandcrawler, alluding to either the Sarlaac took a huge Boba **** or Boba escaped and dropped his Beskar armor in the desert. That was also in Aftermath.
  • Options
    Bit off the current topic, but I think the new Rey could very well be our TLJ toon next month. If thats the case, BB-8 will most likely come back, because she will most likely have a Hero's Journey event. I would guess you'll need
    BB-8
    Finn (best to have him zeta'd)
    VS Han
    VS Chewie
    Scavenger Rey

Either those listed above or resistance will be needed. Even if it ends up needing FO, you need them farmed anyway. My suggestion would be to farm all resistance, all first order, and the specific toons listed above. I know this question's coming as I type, so let me answer it. VS Han and Chewie (while not farmable by hard mode or Cantina Battles) are currently only available in Shipments. Buy them with your Gems, you won't regret it. I started farming the VSs right after the content update released on Wednesday, and you should already be farming FO and Resistance. Even if Starkiller Rey (or whatever they call her) isn't the toon next month, she most certainly is coming, so I'd start farming ASAP.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Options
    Your wrong, you will need blown motivator R5-D4 not BB-8.
  • Options
    She could be Ezra's daughter? We dont know yet what happens to him, rumors are Benecio Del Toro is him, and it would tie into final season of Rebels.

~D
  • Options
    Jedi Rey is Coming in December as a CLS style Hero’s Journey event. There is a survey going around pointing towards this. It will require BB8, Veteren Smugglers, Finn, and Rey(Scavenger) to be 7* to unlock her. Veteran Smugglers will have packs available for purchase and will be farmable shortly before the event. The BB8 event will be back early like the R2 event was so have your FO ready to go.
  • Options
    Please post the developers notes stating this is the case or data mining notes pointing to this.
  • Options
    SithLife13 wrote: »
    Jedi Rey is Coming in December as a CLS style Hero’s Journey event. There is a survey going around pointing towards this. It will require BB8, Veteren Smugglers, Finn, and Rey(Scavenger) to be 7* to unlock her. Veteran Smugglers will have packs available for purchase and will be farmable shortly before the event. The BB8 event will be back early like the R2 event was so have your FO ready to go.

If this is the case, I may stop playing....
  • Options

I hope you are right. The prequels were an abomination. The best thing to happen to the franchise was to turn over the creative control to anyone other than Lucas.

The prequels were excellent; even if not perfect, they at least expanded the Star Wars universe by creating all sorts of new characters and worlds, explored the pre-Empire Galactic Republic and gave rise to all sorts of stories to be created in that part of the timeline. Most of the anger directed at the prequels is from people still living in the 80s, who don't like "their" stories from childhood being "messed with", in their eyes.

Let's face it - while TFA was a good film, it was essentially a re-telling of A New Hope. It's disappointing that JJ Abrams will be involved with the 9th film - he introduced a third Death Star...now a fourth for that film?
  • Options
    Please post the developers notes stating this is the case or data mining notes pointing to this.

Go ahead and don’t believe it and find out when it’s too late and enjoy panic farming for it. It comes from the survey that has been going around.
  • Options

Go ahead and don’t believe it and find out when it’s too late and enjoy panic farming for it. It comes from the survey that has been going around.

What survey?
  • Options

What survey?

There is a survey that some players are getting asking them about events and TBs. The questions and answers are very leading from the reports on it coming out.
  • Options
    Rey is a Palpatine and will be taught both sides of the Force by Luke

Kylo Ren will redeem himself by killing Darth Plaugeis (Snoke) with Rey.

I like this... but how did luke learn about the darkside?
    Maybe luke is a bad dude that destroyed his own temple... and the knights of ren came to get him?
    Hopefully we'll find out in December
  • Options
    Davius wrote: »
    Rey is a Palpatine and will be taught both sides of the Force by Luke

Kylo Ren will redeem himself by killing Darth Plaugeis (Snoke) with Rey.

I like this... but how did luke learn about the darkside?
    Maybe luke is a bad dude that destroyed his own temple... and the knights of ren came to get him?
    Hopefully we'll find out in December

Luke used a lot of dark side powers in RotJ. He learned in the Jedi Temple that one can use both sides of the Force as long as one does not walk too far down the Dark Side. He is the balance and uses it like the old Force users before the split between Dark and Light and way before the Jedi and Sith.

Palpatine had a Skywalker as his apprentice and now a Skywalker will have a Palpatine as his. Once again, full circle.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?