Nightsister Events - Feedback

Prev1
Please leave any feedback for the Rituals of Revenge, Nightsister Advanced Tactics, and Defense of Dathomir events in this thread. Thanks!
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Replies

• Zemit
    45 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    What is the requirement and reward for Defense of Dathomir Bonus Tier?
  • This is garbage I farmed the nightsister team they were garbage totally wasted my time you guys rework them they are better if you add a couple new nightsisters (which could be months of grinding I'm happy to do) and now the only way to get them is paying you, you are killing what makes this game fun make it legendary event or make me grind to get a character but what you have going on now is stupid I have put money into this game and most people I know that play gave you money too, before you started this, don't get greedy
  • Zemit
    45 posts Moderator
    Nvm found it: In Tier 2, unlocked only when you have a 7-Star Mother Talzin yourself, battle a vastly more powerful incarnation of the Separatist forces with any 7-Star units you own! Succeed and earn 2-4 coveted Zeta Ability Materials! Tier 2 is available to win once, with no crystal refresh, each day the event runs
  • The bonus tier for defense of dathomir won't even unlock or tell me the requirements. it says to continue to play to unlock. I beat the basic tier.
  • The bonus tier for defense of dathomir won't even unlock or tell me the requirements. it says to continue to play to unlock. I beat the basic tier.

Have to have Talzin at 7* to unlock the bonus tier.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    The bonus tier for defense of dathomir won't even unlock or tell me the requirements. it says to continue to play to unlock. I beat the basic tier.

Wouldn't it show requirements? all I can see is the line to continue to play to unlock. there's nothing to play. unless they mean continue to pay to unlock... I'm just not able to see requirements. Wish I could screen grab and post here, but on computer.

What gear level do NS need to be to beat Tier 1?
  • The sleazy bait and switch ripoff from the ewok event yesterday killed 99% of my interest in this so I'm not even playing it until the last possible moment so that other players can find the bugs.

Mine are gear level 7 or 8 and all lvl 72. It wasn't a challenge but it wasn't all one hit K.O.s either.

All were ability lvled as high as possible. no omegas.
    The bonus tier for defense of dathomir won't even unlock or tell me the requirements. it says to continue to play to unlock. I beat the basic tier.

Wouldn't it show requirements? all I can see is the line to continue to play to unlock. there's nothing to play. unless they mean continue to pay to unlock... I'm just not able to see requirements. Wish I could screen grab and post here, but on computer.

They addressed the requirements in the update notes. And yes....if you want to unlock tier 2 now, you'll have to pay.
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

They addressed the requirements in the update notes. And yes....if you want to unlock tier 2 now, you'll have to pay.

I didn't read update notes, just going off of what i'm seeing in game. And the bonus tier is locked. But 7* requirement is just dumb. Ain't nobody got time for that!
    Thanks for explaining.

All were ability lvled as high as possible. no omegas.

Thx.
  • Is Defense of Dathomir the only way like Wicket that you can obtain Mother Talzin shards?
  • Am I right in concluding that this is a paying player only event? Only 4 of the nightsisters are on farmable nodes. The rest can only be bought to get to 5 stars, right?
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    Am I right in concluding that this is a paying player only event? Only 4 of the nightsisters are on farmable nodes. The rest can only be bought to get to 5 stars, right?

No, they are all farmable except for the new ones. Daka from cantina store, Ventress from arena store, Talia from hard nodes and cantina, acolyte from cantina, and initiate from galactic war store.
  • I really enjoyed that Mother Talzin Marquee Event (Rituals of Revenge) - it was much better than other marquee events, because in this one each tier had different enemies (so it was not the same for all tiers)...It was fun to play all tiers, because different enemies made it interesting...
  • Not saying this is the only way to do it or best idea or whatever. Just saying what worked for me.

The NS event is doable depending on where your NS are at. I got it done w/ the following:

Daka: lvl 80, gear 8, random mods, 7*
    Asajj: lvl 65, gear 4, random mods, 7*
    NSI: lvl 51, gear 4, no mods, 7*
    Talia: lvl 51, gear 7, no mods, 6*
    NSA: lvl 51, gear 2, no mods, 6*

All had abilities maxed to their lvl except daka. didn't put any omegas on her and her leader was at lvl 1. Used Asajj as leader. Talia leader was lvl 1 as well.

I'll fully admit the event only abilities were really nice. The rain of arrows doing daze was a true lifesaver. Daka rezed so many of her allies. None from her passive though. Can't say I didn't have some help from RNG but it really wasn't too bad other than daka getting 10,000 rez lol.

In short: Daka stun and rez are incredibly useful/important. Save asajj ability Strike Fear to dispell the protection buffs. Use rain of arrows (event ability) to get daze.
  • I’m also unable to play the bonus tier of in the Defense of Dathomir event. When/how does this unlock?
  • I was pleasantly surprised to have beaten the Defense of Dathomir event so easily, which makes me feel like Mother Talzin is farmable for me if I put the time in. I had a lot of fun with the event as well, especially with the special abilities! I am also very happy I had the opportunity to unlock Mother Talzin and use her as F2P via marquee!
  • Hey OP, I thought the events were a lot of fun. The rain of arrows was a big help to deal with the B2s and Dooku. I had no problems playing the events.

I have always wanted to build my Nightsister team, and lucky for me these events lined up perfectly with my farming priority, having just finished 7* Captain Han and Chirpa (finally), and Phoenix and Finn before that. Now I have the incentive to finish them up! And just in time for Halloween too, that's a nice touch.

Now, if you don't mind, please make Director Krennic shards available on Cantina Battle 3F and put Shoretrooper in the Cantina Battles Store. Thanks!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Bad wrote: »
    I’m also unable to play the bonus tier of in the Defense of Dathomir event. When/how does this unlock?

In Tier 2, unlocked only when you have a 7-Star Mother Talzin yourself, battle a vastly more powerful incarnation of the Separatist forces with any 7-Star units you own! Succeed and earn 2-4 coveted Zeta Ability Materials! Tier 2 is available to win once, with no crystal refresh, each day the event runs.
  • I like the new events, nice change, everytime a new character comes out could you put an older one in a store? 3 is alot for one month etc but also nice, if 3 unfarmable ones were now farmable that would make a better kind of ying yang if that makes sense, alot of good events this month make players happy but also frantic with total indecision on who to farm etc
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2017

I didn't read update notes, just going off of what i'm seeing in game. And the bonus tier is locked. But 7* requirement is just dumb. Ain't nobody got time for that!
    Thanks for explaining.

@Chucko_marek
    They added some nice information on the Tier 1 since the bonus tier stays locked till you meet the requirements. No need to even read update notes.

TO67EY8.png
  • To the person who made the events. They were cool. The unique attack was nice and though I have a full team and autoed it, it was a nice touch. I like battling the seperatists as it fit with the clone wars. Whoever decided that talzin was going to be $450 and the best hero in the game (CLS) was gonna be free to play. Not cool to say the least, just not cool smh
  • Just played the special event and thought it was a cool way to get comfortable with the team and kill characters that still had protection.

While it was fun, I'm going to have to harp on the one way communication lately. Nobody could clarify a simple question about the refreshes, which would've saved me a couple thousand crystals if I knew we could play both tiers on this one instead of choosing which to play like Wicket.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The marquee event was the best, loved being able to fight different factions.

I enjoyed the flash event T1 that supplied all of the NS as event units to get a feel for them. I'm guessing that tier will stay that way so people can keep trying them out whenever the event rolls around.

I thought it was cool that you gave different event abilities to healers and attackers and the abilities felt appropriately powerful. I'm guessing they scaled in power with the toon using them.

One addition I'd like to see is a tough battle per faction to work towards that came with these flash events/marquee/assault battles, similar to the ewok AT-ST event. I'd feel like I have something to look forward to when it came around again, something more than auto loot. Kind of like a mastery of the faction test.

Great job with these events, I feel like the experience has been more rewarding and less tedious.

Edit: I'm happy about the refresh on the defense event. Finishing top 3 in arena is enough to save crystals and earn more shards of the new toons I'm interested in so I feel better about the struggle.
  • THe new "flash" event style was excellent. One tier with the "max" team provided and then the same team with your own characters. Fantastically done. The difficulty level was excellent. I have g11 Daka, g10 Ventress and g9 Talia & Initiate (all 7*) and a 5* Acolyte (but g8) and they barely were able to complete it (honestly, I got some lucky stuns to double stick with Daka). It was a great challenge and the rewards for tier 2 were excellent. Please have more events like this. That was great.

I also really liked the other events as well. The Defense of Dathomir was great fun as well. Very well tuned for the challenge. I did complete it, but needed to be vary strategic in the use of the event abilities and Daka's rez. Good fun.

The Talzin marquee event was also a blast. I ran my NS with her, just so I could see the synergies. Good stuff.

Overall, this was some of the best set of events yet. While I don't love the release cadence (honestly, some of these characters could/should end up on hard nodes), I do enjoy the new style of events immensely. Overall, very well done.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • At least one time a month for the event that give mother talzin 10 shards is very low. Based on this, you need probably more than 2 years to complete mother talzin 7*.....

You must have read that wrong. It says continue to pay to unlock...