Follow up Mother Talzin

Replies

• CLARIFICATION:
    Event, Defense of Dathomir is a heroic event and does require your account to be 75th level to participate. Even so, it could be very difficult at that level.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Radonis wrote: »
    Is she going to be event only unlock? I am sure the Devs will have to put her into the FTP method farm on a node or cantina node or heck even shipments somewhere. So in like 3 months she should be farmable just like the the new Nightsisters. It cant be that this is the only way to get her cause 2 years to finish off a toon its unreasonable. Also 7 star is required for gear 12 so yea. I am really tired of CG/Ea milking the dolphins and the whales dry still like hundreds of dollars to 7 star a new toon more than any Triple A game that is coming out. I bet if it was more along the lines of 50 to 60 bucks for a new toon to 7 star more people could afford to buy it and more people would buy it. I stopped chasing new toons after i spend over 300 bucks to get nihilus 7 star and he was made redundant after a month.

First off - she is f2p. Players can farm all nightsisters to participate in the event, which gets you MT. Just because her shards are not gonn abe located on any cantina battle node does not mean she is not f2p.

Secondly - it depends how often this event comes around and how quickly you beef up your nightsisters.

But I do agree that with how quickly new toons are coming out and how each new kit is something crazy that makes the meta shake - how viable will Talzin be in a month or 2 - let alone how long it will take the average player to unlock her fully.
  • no wicket and no mother T, not even planing to farm them. for 2 years - nop. probably in 6 mounths there will be few more meta toons, better and sooner free to farm, so imo, 7* mother T is not important at all. and if you just like MT, just gear her up, she still should be good at gear 11
  • Well I can’t buy any cards. My husband has me on lockdown when it comes to ingame purchases :D

@Annastrasza my wife did the same to me....

...but it’s Friday and you know what’s good on Fridays? Paying $10 for Mama T shards (lol, this might be the last thing people see of me until they find my body)

• Well I can’t buy any cards. My husband has me on lockdown when it comes to ingame purchases :D

...but it’s Friday and you know what’s good on Fridays? Paying $10 for Mama T shards (lol, this might be the last thing people see of me until they find my body)

We'll miss you brother. May the force be with you....always.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

We will have to just talk w your force ghost, and since she is going to do the ultimate nerf on u u might all well go big or go home and buy 20 dollars worth of mama t shards go out like a gangster
  • I was really feeling mother talzin and went for the packs. Bought 6(I know, I know) 3 with 5 shards and 3 with 7. Consider yourself warned.

I got the exact same number. I refreshed the event once as well.

• Sapient2k7 wrote: »
    I was really feeling mother talzin and went for the packs. Bought 6(I know, I know) 3 with 5 shards and 3 with 7. Consider yourself warned.

I got the exact same number. I refreshed the event once as well.

For what it's worth i bought her to 6* and got 3 5's and 3 12's then mostly 7
  • One of my guild mates pulled the 330 shards on his 4th pack. We swore at him.
    Alot.
  • @CG_RyDiggs Just to make sure I understand, my initial estimate that I will 7* her in December of 2019 was off. We will wait the normal character cadence time period before her monthly event resumes pushing her farm out into probably January-February of 2020. Is that correct?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs Just to make sure I understand, my initial estimate that I will 7* her in December of 2019 was off. We will wait the normal character cadence time period before her monthly event resumes pushing her farm out into probably January-February of 2020. Is that correct?

Correct. The statements are being made as "at least once a month" so it could be more often to shorten the farm, but this will still be after the 3 month cadence period.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs Just to make sure I understand, my initial estimate that I will 7* her in December of 2019 was off. We will wait the normal character cadence time period before her monthly event resumes pushing her farm out into probably January-February of 2020. Is that correct?

Correct. The statements are being made as "at least once a month" so it could be more often to shorten the farm, but this will still be after the 3 month cadence period.

@Kyno Correct.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Exercise and eat right kids. Otherwise you might not last until you get Momma T to 7* ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This just blows my mind. Why delay it 3 months? Is us earning 30 shards over the next 3 months really going to keep P2P players from buying her now? I don't see the point of the delay.

Also. I'm assuming this event will be back much more frequently than once a month. That's probably just the minimum. They will use these to fill in where they don't have other events. So during an event heavy month she will only come back once. During a slow month she will appear maybe 3 or 4 times. I refuse to believe they think a 2 year F2P farm is good business.
  • This just blows my mind. Why delay it 3 months? Is us earning 30 shards over the next 3 months really going to keep P2P players from buying her now? I don't see the point of the delay.

Also. I'm assuming this event will be back much more frequently than once a month. That's probably just the minimum. They will use these to fill in where they don't have other events. So during an event heavy month she will only come back once. During a slow month she will appear maybe 3 or 4 times. I refuse to believe they think a 2 year F2P farm is good business.

The more I read the more I know things are deliberate. There is a strong feeling among us that night sisters will fill a special mission in dark side tb. I really really hope it's an earlier phase that requires less stars for them. Because you know mother talzin will be vital for pveand tb.
  • But she'll be good in phase 3 tank then right?
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It just feels like every time Im happy with CG they slap me across the face. This would be an awesome event to lock into a specific day (ex: every Wednesday). That would make it about a 6 month FTP farm, which is reasonable for an elite character like this. Then once you get her 7* it helps with he Zeta farm. Do this and the Wicket event every week and that's about 1 full zeta per month (after the 6 month farm).

That seems pretty fair to everyone IMO. CG gets the money from the whale who want them now and the zetas earlier. They get money from the dolphins who will refresh the event to make it a 3 month farm. And then FTP get them eventually. And an extra 1 zeta per month is helpful all around for everyone. That's the way I would have gone.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Did you see how fast she kills Zeta CLS and R2 team. Don’t know about you, but I creamed that level in 1 plague and 2 mother hits. She would **** all the whales off that spent tons getting CLS and unbalance top 50 in Areana
  • I refuse to believe they think a 2 year F2P farm is good business.

It's not two years. As it's been described its between 2 years and 2 and a half years actually. Is that more believable? Is refusing to believe working for you? If so I might try refusing to believe my mortgage is due this month. If that works I'll try refusing to believe there isn't world peace. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.
  • Mathematically, the zeta rewards are not worth the cash to unlock her.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    I refuse to believe they think a 2 year F2P farm is good business.

It's not two years. As it's been described its between 2 years and 2 and a half years actually. Is that more believable? Is refusing to believe working for you? If so I might try refusing to believe my mortgage is due this month. If that works I'll try refusing to believe there isn't world peace. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.

Would you like to place a wager that Talzin will be available to a FTP within 2 years? What odds can I get for a year? I would be shocked if Talzin can't be maxed within a year without spending a crystal. No way it's 2 years. Won't happen.

Would you like to place a wager that Talzin will be available to a FTP within 2 years? What odds can I get for a year? I would be shocked if Talzin can't be maxed within a year without spending a crystal. No way it's 2 years. Won't happen.

Anything can happen but the devs said there are no plans for her to be farmable outside of defense of dathomir. The argument being made here is using the devs' own words.
  • Did you see how fast she kills Zeta CLS and R2 team. Don’t know about you, but I creamed that level in 1 plague and 2 mother hits. She would **** all the whales off that spent tons getting CLS and unbalance top 50 in Areana

As a ftp player, I do not look forward to seeing Ns in the Arena or every other node in gw
  • Numanoid wrote: »

Anything can happen but the devs said there are no plans for her to be farmable outside of defense of dathomir. The argument being made here is using the devs' own words.

It's using the worst possible scenario of the devs own words. They said at least once a month. It can run every 5 days and that qualifies as at least once a month.
  • Numanoid wrote: »

It's using the worst possible scenario of the devs own words. They said at least once a month. It can run every 5 days and that qualifies as at least once a month.

And what do they mean when they say 5-330 shards?
    Numanoid wrote: »

ROFL.

And if her event runs every 5 days...ugh. There is enough time suck already. Even monthly sounds like too much.
  • Swordd wrote: »
    Numanoid wrote: »

ROFL.

And if her event runs every 5 days...ugh. There is enough time suck already. Even monthly sounds like too much.

LOL. It's a 3 wave battle. If you are here posting in this thread then you have 2 minutes to spare every 5 days.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    Show us the screenshot of u pulling the 330! Something that rare would have been screeenshotted immediately out of excitement, so show us!
    @JDIII So you want to test his photoshop skills?
    :D:D:D>:):D:D
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This kind of structure is a fancy kitten. I'm sorry but it is. The people making these decisions are pinning them on the license here and players just let them do it. If any other game in this genre was pulling @#$& like this it would die.

You guys to need to walk your butts over to visit your co-workers at Heroes of Dragon Age to learn how to keep a game going.

If you want to focus on events, fine. Create a Marquee event for a top toon in every faction, Talzin - Nightsisters, Nilihus - Sith, Thrawn - Empire, GG - Separatist, Wicket - Ewoks, Ashoka Fulcrum - Rebels, etc. Rotate them once a week. And run them in tandem with a relative assault battle, flash event, and whatever else. And maybe don't run it like each tier equals one * level, just put shards on each tier. 10, 15, 20, 25....40. And let people that have cleared them continue to play. If you want shard shop gear only, fine, but put finished pieces in there too at really high shard costs. Players can actually decide who they want to focus on for specific events. The testing ground is raids, galactic war, arena, and territory battles. Put the best rewards there, in those areas.

The players struggle should be in the proving ground areas of the game, not the acquisition.
    Post edited by Kyno on