Secrets and Shadows Assault Battle - Feedback

Prev1345
Please leave any feedback for the Secrets and Shadows event in this thread.

Details:
  • This event has 3 tiers and unlocks at level 75. Recommended teams are level 80+ with G10 and high quality mods.
  • The allowed factions are Phoenix and Nightsisters.
  • As with all Assault Battle events, this is intended as a challenge and includes special mechanics and powerful opponents.
  • There is a bonus event power added into this event called "Celerity". It causes the activating character to gain Taunt and Defense Up while their allies gain Speed Up. There are also additional effects for other allied Phoenix and Nightsister units.
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Replies

• Giving Garazeb taunt would be fun. I wonder if it would be worth it to drop him into a squad of 4 night sisters, or if even Zeb's anti-counter attack Daze-on-Basic will be outweighed by the benefits of Nightsister Synergy. Will be interesting to see. Right now my Nightsisters are 3 x g9, 2x g8 (not all 7*, but they easily will be in a few days). Sounds like it will be pretty tough for them, but swapping in some mods from my main characters would probably make it possible, given enough attempts. The one bad thing is that I won't have Mother Talzin's revives available for Secrets & Shadows this time around.
  • Oh, and @CG_CapGaSP , thanks for bringing us this. I am one of those who has been advocating for a NightSister rework + Mother Talzin for a long, long time. I appreciate that you all listened and brought it to us. Although I would have preferred to see it sooner, I understand how the Halloween scheduling ties in with NightSister Zombie and NightSister Spirit and the general creepiness of the Dathomirian women.

Obviously I can't praise (or criticize) the content of this event yet, but I can say I'm pleased that the Nightsisters got attention, and that the rework looks quite good. Combine that with the thoughtful October-theme tie-in, and I understand the wait and find myself quite optimistic and happy about all things NightSister-FactionPass so far.
  • sergik_eshka
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Deleted
    Post edited by sergik_eshka on
  • Really cant stun Sid? Bonus tier and he should be getting stunned, no resist stated just nothing.
  • Khayman wrote: »
    Really cant stun Sid? Bonus tier and he should be getting stunned, no resist stated just nothing.

Same with me. He’s impossible to beat.
  • Sid packs a solid punch no two ways about it. But on the bright side, got a goal to work towards now lol.
  • WHY CANT YOU STUN SID
  • Is there already someone that has beaten the bonus tier?
  • The difference between tier 1 Sidious and tier 2 Sidious is insane
    The first 3 encounters are very easy and then Sid destroys my team :'(
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • I got past him but ninilhus took me out
  • Yup, just looking up to see if anyone had beaten him. I expected to lose the bonus round, but not to have him one shot my strongest tanks with his weakest attack.
  • Stuck on Sidious Tier II as well, hes hugely upgraded from Tier I so just wipes me out. Just can’t stun him or control him in any way. Ah well, next time maybe. Love the event tho!
  • Love this event, cant beat that bonus tier. Maybe next event
  • I just beat the bonus tier, and take my word for it, Sid might be a royal pain, but bloody nihilus is a treat lol. He starts with annihilate OFF cooldown, now, once you have the new zombie NS , that won't be an issue. But currently, it's a rather huge shock to get an instant annihilate lol!

Ran Phoenix actually, Hera lead zeb chopper Ezra and kanaan. They were 100% for Sid, took the first aoe, healed back thier prot before the second aoe, and chipped away Sid's protection until it was gone, then he went down in a blink.

Same deal with nihilus, feels like he has 100k protection, but only 10-15 k health. Mebbe 200k prot lol. Took a long long long time to eat away his protection, three annihilates later and zeb and Hera finished him off.

@CG_CapGaSP AWESOME event, haven't had this much fun playing events in a long time as I have had with the last couple days.
  • Second AOE of t2 sid just kills the entire g8/9 team with mods...cant stun...not funny at all
  • This is a great event @CG_CapGaSP! Won't say you've outdone yourself, since you're on a roll since Places of Power, but man you know how to balance stuff and how to provide a challenge.
    I beat all three rounds, so yes bonus tier is absolutely doable. I used Hera (L), ezra, zabine, zkanan and Daka. One can check my toons at swgoh.gg/u/poederamon, didn't move mods around so as you can see it doesn't require super speed or high gear toons. Super sidious should be carefulle prepared for, use back up plan wisely. Zabine her exposes work greatly combined with armor shred and daka can revive and heal toons.
    I loved the reward structure which helps a great deal with preparing for DS TB, it saves like a month of farming or like 600 crystals worth of refreshing.
    Really, really great event! Compliments are well deserved.
  • The bonus tier is insanely difficult although it's going to give me a challenge for the weekend. SID ON THE bonus tier is insane
  • Same deal with nihilus, feels like he has 100k protection, but only 10-15 k health. Mebbe 200k prot lol. Took a long long long time to eat away his protection, three annihilates later and zeb and Hera finished him off.
    This event is definitely tailored to NS. Which makes CapGasp a great designer, because he provides a steep learning curve at first 2-3 playthroughs and than it gets real easy so that it doesn't become a chore.
    Once we have 5* Talzin + daka + zombie bonus tier becomes a breeze :smiley:

• Whooo that Sidious aoe & Nihilous Annihilate to start the round is rough! Used G11 Ezra, G9 Zeb/Sabine/Kanan/Hera(L) with arena mods. Need a lot of TM at the end of round 3. Survived the aoe with Kanan's offense down (lol still took everyone's protection). Zeb/Sabine's stagger and careful strategy is pretty key on both bosses though (and use those assists carefully). Luckily DN chose to kill Kanan to start the round so I still had all my heavy hitters. Took three tries (that darn Sidious aoe)! Very challenging, very rewarding, very fun! Kudos.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Really strange that stun is impossible to land on Sidious. The other negative effects apply but stun never works. I tried it on the three different levels, the result is the same for Zeb or Daka. And my Old Daka has something like 91% potency... All the other toons are stunnable and get stunned consistently but neither Sidious the other "bosses" are. Is it a bug or some insane bonus applies here?
  • Really great event.
    Another good reason to invest in Phoenix Squad for PVE, especially in Sabin's Zeta.
    First two battles are quite easy with auto-fight.
    The last one requires really strategy and tactics. Completed all 3.
    The rewards are awesome. Good to know that CG listens to their client base (I mean new source to get Carbanhi, Stun Cuffsm etc...).
    Will see which rewards I get tomorrow without 1st time bonuses...
    Thanks, CG!
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    370 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you to the Devs for opening the event up a little by allowing a 2nd faction to take part. Although the event at least on tier 3 is impossible for my pheonix team, at least I could take part and complete 1& 2.
    I'm sure that the event is much easier under nightsisters but it still helps massively being able to take part using another faction.
    Which brings me to my plea, please consider doing this in future events, even if the event is harder using a non optimal faction, being able to take part and gain some satisfaction is a boost and would probably go a long way to appeasing a lot of people.
  • Aren't there always two factions allowed in assault battles?
  • Why does Darth Ni have Protection in secrets and shadows? That was pretty amazing since that is not his mechanic
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    370 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Good point, I hadn't considered that, oh well.
    Guess I deserve this
    google-before-you-tweet.jpg
  • Typical ridiculously unfair event.
    Tier 2 Darth Sidius, what a joke.
    Normal attack does no damage but even with offence debuffs on him, he can one shot with his AoE attack on full protection buffed Phoenix......
    Yeah right.
    Good one EA, as usual , ridiculous
  • The event was fun and Darth Sidious was quite hard to beat for my Phoenix team but managed on the bonus tier. Good rewards too. Is it worth it to refresh tier 1/2 for the rewards?
  • Sidious can not hit like that! He can pretty much wipe everything in one hit. I want the same damage in my toon! Is just insane!
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Sidious is insane on the bonus tier. I never managed to stun him with Zeb. Stagger works but it isn't enough
  • Thank you to the Devs for opening the event up a little by allowing a 2nd faction to take part. Although the event at least on tier 3 is impossible for my pheonix team, at least I could take part and complete 1& 2.
    I'm sure that the event is much easier under nightsisters but it still helps massively being able to take part using another faction.
    Which brings me to my plea, please consider doing this in future events, even if the event is harder using a non optimal faction, being able to take part and gain some satisfaction is a boost and would probably go a long way to appeasing a lot of people.
    Agreed, Thank you devs.