Update to Territory Battle Timers - 8/25/17 [MEGA THREAD]

124Next

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Yes sounds like it could be into September now :(

Thanks for answering guys and restoring my faith in the community.

Would be really nice if someone from EA would actually tell us when it is going to happen

The august joke came from a "missed" going to happen/start date. Since that happened anything new is just given the "going to be released soon." I doubt we will hear anything about release date until the update with the content is ready to drop.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    How the heck can you say you like this news? Instead of having the event during the weekend they moved it during work hours for most people, **** is this?
    giphy.gif

You must have missed the part where they said instead of a 12 hour phase it's a 24 hour phase. God help you if your work requires that you work a 24 hour shift (Fire and EMS are the only ones I can think off the top of my head that do this).

SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Boofpoof wrote: »
    You must have missed the part where they said instead of a 12 hour phase it's a 24 hour phase. God help you if your work requires that you work a 24 hour shift (Fire and EMS are the only ones I can think off the top of my head that do this).
    Yeah, but even they get downtime during that 24 hour period.

Unless you're a med student doing your residency (or whatever the term for doctor boot camp is) when they insist on making you work for 3 days straight with no sleep because reasons...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Can't wait, thankyou for letting the youtubers publish the info in advance rather then the launch day it helped IMENSLY
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Sounds good, but the wanting to go back to 12H phases and in weekends makes me wonder if any of the CG employees have a family? Sorry kiddo but dad/mom can't take you to Disney/Lego/whatever land as CG wants me to play. Yeah right I think people would quit before saying that (I hope so for the kids)
    I for one hope that they keep the new schedule permanently or use the @Faroer suggestion

+1 12 Hours phases running this on weekends, I will a miss a lot of this myself. 2 kids 3 and under, I'm spending 95% of their awake hours with them or doing something for them general on a weekend. Weekends, I generally don't Finnish my GW as I don't have the time that permits. I try and do 2 on Friday, so I only have to get through 1 between Saturday/Sunday but still don't.

If it stayed running for 24 hours per phase, or allowed guilds to choose when in a week to start them it would solve this issue.

My guess is these are to start at the same time, to stop guild hoping to double dip on rewards though. There are probably other great options to prevent this.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Sounds good, but the wanting to go back to 12H phases and in weekends makes me wonder if any of the CG employees have a family? Sorry kiddo but dad/mom can't take you to Disney/Lego/whatever land as CG wants me to play. Yeah right I think people would quit before saying that (I hope so for the kids)
    I for one hope that they keep the new schedule permanently or use the @Faroer suggestion

They're being obtuse, and when they try it they'll pay a really high price and back off on it. 24hr windows are the smartest way to run this feature.
  • If they are only going to happen once a week at most anyway, then I would favor the 24 hour blocks permanently. Thanks
  • I just had a game update that added TB to the guild screen so I assume this will launch soon.
  • Thank you for listening to feedback. That is great to see!
  • @Rapid You are right on both accounts. 24 hours, 6 days (for now) with a 24 hour break before the next one. If/when they shorten the phases, it should be going back to 12 hours a phase for 3 days total over the weekend, unless this trial period of 24 hour phases reveals a better solution.

I agree with you that 24 hour phases allows for better international guilds.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    @Rapid You are right on both accounts. 24 hours, 6 days (for now) with a 24 hour break before the next one. If/when they shorten the phases, it should be going back to 12 hours a phase for 3 days total over the weekend, unless this trial period of 24 hour phases reveals a better solution.

@Dretzle thanks for the prompt response.

I have mixed thoughts about it. as an international guild 24 hours is better but a big part of me thinks that a constant 6 day event is a lot. there's a fine line between keeping more established players interested and having a game that just takes too much of your life (if it doesn't already).

Leading my guild (with another fantastic co leader) takes so much time. I know it's my choice to lead but still, you know what I mean.
  • Rapid wrote: »
    @Rapid You are right on both accounts. 24 hours, 6 days (for now) with a 24 hour break before the next one. If/when they shorten the phases, it should be going back to 12 hours a phase for 3 days total over the weekend, unless this trial period of 24 hour phases reveals a better solution.

I have mixed thoughts about it. as an international guild 24 hours is better but a big part of me thinks that a constant 6 day event is a lot. there's a fine line between keeping more established players interested and having a game that just takes too much of your life (if it doesn't already).

Leading my guild (with another fantastic co leader) takes so much time. I know it's my choice to lead but still, you know what I mean.

Check out the devs' post on the reasoning for the timing and such. With two phases a day, they still estimated it would only need to take 10 - 25 minutes a day on the weekend. That would be even less with one phase a day. We'll just have to see when it comes.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Rapid wrote: »

Check out the devs' post on the reasoning for the timing and such. With two phases a day, they still estimated it would only need to take 10 - 25 minutes a day on the weekend. That would be even less with one phase a day. We'll just have to see when it comes.

sure. but add 25 mins to 30 mins of GW, 1 hour of arena payout, fleet battles, HAAT....you're easily looking at 3+ hours cumulatively a day if you want to be competitive

sure. but add 25 mins to 30 mins of GW, 1 hour of arena payout, fleet battles, HAAT....you're easily looking at 3+ hours cumulatively a day if you want to be competitive

So don't be competitive. Just play. You'd be amazed how little a difference there is.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Personally, I love the ability to choose how much to put into the game. The other big complaint we've had is not having enough content to play once you're done with your morning farming.

Let's move that to 15 minutes of GW, 10 minutes of arena (my battles take less than 2 minutes) (and I'll throw in another 10 minutes for refreshing near your payout), 2 - 10 minutes of fleet (depending on if you auto and/or play all your battles, again, even on manual, takes me 2:30 per battle max). HAAT is about an hour every three days, depending on where you are in your guild and what phases you are able to (or want to) play intelligently.

But personally, I farm in the morning for about half hour. I spend about 30 seconds grabbing my free energy and spending it, and then a couple battles around arena payout time. I'm looking forward to being able to do something more.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    missing my point but no worries. thanks for the info guys.
  • Lippy
    12 posts Member
    This is ridiculous I was excited to do something different and we need more characters now I have plenty of rebels how about making an event for the characters we already have
  • 24 hours per zone is best, means I can log in any time per day and can still participate and it won't get in the way of my work
  • 24 hours per zone is best, means I can log in any time per day and can still participate and it won't get in the way of my work
  • Although I understand everyone's concerns about not having time to complete their missions if the timer was set to 12 hours per phase, after actually completing some phases, 24 hours between phases is too long. It drags the event on too long. It doesn't take that long to do your missions and I'm sure people will be able to find the time if they really want to play the game. I feel moving it back to 12 hours is the right decision.
  • I think you guys should have more packages to purchase gear for my higher-level characters. I spent a lot of money trying to buy better gear for my 85 level characters. And it never turns out. I am trying not to get frustrated with this game because it is getting harder and harder to gear up your higher-level characters. You can see by my records that I have spent a lot of money on this game. And I also think that you should have a chance win rare characters on Ally points. Thank you
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Lol what an off-topic necro.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The post before his was a necro too. Its a re-necro.