Secrets and Shadows Assault Battle - Feedback

Replies

• Yeeha... I eventually 2-starred the bonus level. That was a bumpy road to victory...

I played with G9 Hera as a lead, G9 Chopper, G10 Ezra, G8 Zeb and G7 Sabine. All with serviceable mods, nothing great at all. Against Sidious, the key for me was to arrive with "healthy" toons so they would survive the first aoe. They did except Sabine as she's still too low level but Hera's backup plan brought her back. Then, it was a race to apply stagger as often as possible on Sidious as well as armor destruction with Sabine. The bonus capacity helped a lot for that, giving a welcomed speed boost to the team so backup plan could be up quickly if needed and for protection recovery. Ezra was not very useful because of Sidious'evasion bonus against Jedis. Except for the assist. I could call Zeb or Sabine so they could recover and just damage Sidious.

Once Sidious is down this is where you get worried you may have done all this for nothing. I got that feeling immediately after facing Nihilus as he annihilated my main damage dealer Ezra... Thankfully I could defeat him as his next annihilation move would be forced on a taunting Chopper with backup plan ongoing. Got him in the end.
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    If you're running Phoenix, you just need to get the right RNG so that Sabine/Zeb + 1 more team mate move before Sidious (and this goes for Nihilus too) so that you can stagger him and then hit him again to remove whatever TM he has. Then just rinse and repeat, staggering him periodically and keeping your squishy Sabine and Hera buffed with Zeb's and Kanan's Protection boosts. Using Celerity is also gigantically helpful, as it grants everyone Speed Up. Getting 1-shot by Sidious or Nihilus can be discouraging, but just restart the battle and wait for your opportunity to control their TM, then just beat them down.

My Phoenix Squad has a G10 ezra, everyone else is gear 8 or 9. I believe it is possible at Gear 8 if you have fantastic mods, it just requires more luck (therefore, more tries).

And to the OP, I agree, the event was awesome! The fights were great, the rewards were great, and it felt great to put my Phoenix squad to more good use!
  • Fix the stun on Sidious, please!
  • Dart_EdMar wrote: »
    It was done to make it difficult. But it is doable even without stuns. Just time the staggers well and use all defensive phoenix skills before Sid aoe

This. They were meant to be “mini-bosses”, I thought it was great the way it was set up. Being able to stun when it’s 5v1 w free speed buffs on top of it would make it pointless.

• Thanks for sharing @SwiftMooky. :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • I agree, this event was excellent. Events are becoming the highlight of the game. Actually most the events this year have been great.
  • They are nice, that’s for sure but the reward system has to change. The drop in rewards when the event has already been won is unfortunate, especially if these events become monthly events. Something closer to the first reward would be helpful. And motivating.
  • I agree, this event was excellent. Events are becoming the highlight of the game. Actually most the events this year have been great.

Agree! This onslaught of various events was especially great. Seeing these in multiples makes it really feel like a lot is going on.
  • Event was incredible. Bonus tier I ran a gear X Daka and gear XI Phoenix (Hera Sabine Ezra Zeb). I lost Daka against Sid and Hera got annihilatied opening move of Nihilus. Completed with Ezra Sabine and Zeb. Challenging for SURE, but not impossible. Bonus tier took me 3 tries.

Those rewards though!!! FANTASTIC job and event @CG_CapGaSP! Kudos to you sir!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    IgneoMorte wrote: »

What's your advice for beating Sidious in phase 4 of Teir 2? He slaughters half my team each time he does his AOE. Should my PS be above G8?

+1 Sidious just destroys me on the bonus tier
  • Event was absolutely FUN, the events have become the best part of the game. You guys need to take some aspects of them and modify TB. Rewards are top notch.

Just finished Bonus tier w G11 Ezra, G8 Hera/Chopper, G7 Kanan/Zeb. Moderate to weak mods.

Really have to push their kit on Sid/DN but that’s what made it fun. For sid’s AOE use Kanan’s offense down, and protection up on the weakest toons. You’ll survive just fine. My zeb only has 24k combined hps and was left w 50% health after his AOE on the bonus round.
  • Rojas wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »

What's your advice for beating Sidious in phase 4 of Teir 2? He slaughters half my team each time he does his AOE. Should my PS be above G8?

+1 Sidious just destroys me on the bonus tier

See my comment above.
  • gflegui wrote: »
    Sidious can not hit like that! He can pretty much wipe everything in one hit. I want the same damage in my toon! Is just insane!

Well he killed 2 Jedi masters with one swirl of a lightsaber
    Sidious can not hit like that! He can pretty much wipe everything in one hit. I want the same damage in my toon! Is just insane!

Well he killed 2 Jedi masters with one swirl of a lightsaber
    Yeah, but they were the derpy ones... He had trouble with Mace Windu, and Sidious doesn't even HAVE buffs to dispel.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Why does Darth Ni have Protection in secrets and shadows? That was pretty amazing since that is not his mechanic
    gflegui wrote: »
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    Nihilus also has his annihilate off cooldown in the bonus tier. He used it right of the bat and killed 1 of my toons :)

You are facing Pve characters which typically have their mechanics changed for these events to make them more challenging.

I know, my GV is just like the AAT GV so this Sid should be the same.
  • Sidious for this bonus tier event is also level 86, g12 and most definitely zeta'd
  • Event was fun to go through. Took a few tries to figure out how to down Sid, but fun none the less on all three tiers.
  • This sidious is the real sidius we want.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    All these new events have really been spot on. Fun and challenging. Sid is immune to stun but there's a chance to manipulate his tm with stagger - Talia,zeb, Sabine. Sid's aoe is super charged while his basic isn't really crazy. Idk if I'll pass the bonus but really happy with all the game play from the new events.

Edit: rewards are really great.
  • Great great event. Finally some decent rewards with a good challenge. I don’t mind sole challenge as long as we don’t get garbage for it. Not sure I can beat the bonus tier, but the first 2 were very fun!
  • They could have at least mentioned that Sid and Nihilus are immune to stun in these events :) i doubt it would help my Phoenix team to beat the Bonus tier but at least it would offer some semblance of hope :D
  • Absolutely amazing rewards. Don’t mind the challenge of Sidious. Just need some remodeling. Thank you!
  • Fun event, but i also hav a few questions...

Why is Sidious so powerful in bonus tier? How can he remove almost all protection with his attk all ability from an all g11 & g10 Phoenix squad & kill Chopper as well in process...especially when they were all at full protection going into the battle?

Why doesnt Ezra's remove buff ability work on the Sith Troopers?

Why does Darth Nihilus lead hav protection?...and why was he able to start the battle attacking 1st before anyone with his very 1st opening attack as his instant kill ability?
  • Can't beat the bonus tier, sidious just destroys and DN has a much shorter cooldown.

Like the new content but not a fan of easy wave easy wave easy wave impossible wave easy wave easy wave easy wave impossible wave.
    Can't it just get progressively more difficult ?

Agree! This onslaught of various events was especially great. Seeing these in multiples makes it really feel like a lot is going on.

Yeah I'm a big fan of all the events running it's pretty cool
  • Darth Sidious melts faces hahaha nice.....great event all around. Nice rewards too. I always enjoy the assault battles. First tier is manageable with difficulty ramping up as u go. Well done
  • @CG_CapGaSP thanks for the awesome event! Challenging but not impossible to beat with the right strategy! Was really fun messing around with nightsister+phoenix combos: Talia zeb sabine triple stagger with hera and daka reviving each other. Looking forward to more events like this!

(U really deserve a raise