Terribly unbalanced light vs dark

philbert_tkd
91 posts Member
edited December 2015
Dark side gets no dedicated tank (Chewbacca, Han Solo Stormtrooper) to taunt. On Hard Mode, NPCs that are 14+ levels below me cut through my characters easily.

Dark side gets no dedicated healer, or decent healer. Old Daka is too difficult to earn, and Talia kills herself in order to heal. Meanwhile Light Side earns a Consular easily, and has two other healers.

Replies

• True. But dark side has higher hitting toons, and from what I've seen toons with greater synergy potential
  • True. But dark side has higher hitting toons, and from what I've seen toons with greater synergy potential

Yeah I don't give a flying **** about that because when I replay, I hit the **** thing to get the instant win so I can collect the items I need. So I need 3 star victories, something I can't do with Dark Side toons.
  • LMAO I find Dark side way way easier. I have 193 stars for dark and 190 for light. But that is probably based on access to heroes. I find light side doesnt hit hard enough to kill things such that even with great healing you die because they deal damage every turn and you can only heal every 3-4 turns. I got Daka from a chromium pack though, and that was a huge help between 2 and 3 stars.
  • Randall wrote: »
    LMAO I find Dark side way way easier. I have 193 stars for dark and 190 for light. But that is probably based on access to heroes. I find light side doesnt hit hard enough to kill things such that even with great healing you die because they deal damage every turn and you can only heal every 3-4 turns. I got Daka from a chromium pack though, and that was a huge help between 2 and 3 stars.

Well I play primarily defensive, and it is easier for light side when I have a tank, a massive healer, and okay damage output. When the NPC decide to single target my team, one round will take down anyone on my squad despite having all 5 stars and grade 6 mods.
  • It's not made to be easy tho. There are walls you will hit and it will take time to accomplish it to 3 stars.
    I experienced the same problem and now Im at a stage where I can 3 star again on Dark Side. But you are right, dark side is harder than light side. Altho I see it as an extra challenge (gaming today is too easy anyway), I can imagine other people might see it differently.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Well these are console games, they are cell phone games which are more of a time sink and occasional money maker. It is one thing when you are talking about Dark Souls, another when it is a game you play while waiting at the doctor's office.
  • People that take the amount of time to post on this forum are not playing this to pass time most likely.
    I got only myself to look at and I play this a lot, not just to pass time. Can't speak for everyone ofcourse ;)

I have no problem with the difficulty as of now. If you get 1 shot toons after 1 round of AI fighting, it should be an indication that you are simply not strong enough yet.
    Also you can claim to be 14 levels higher than the AI but on gear lvl 1 you will still lose.
    The amount of details given by any problem is so little that you can't possibly make a fair judgement or answer.

If this would happen to me I would mention the level you encounter these problems, your own level, your toons level and gear, the amount of tries you had, the toon comp you are using etc.

Looking at your post and placing yourself in devs shoes, what kind of answer do you expect?

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Alright.

All my characters are level 53. All of them have at least 5 stars, sans Doku. All of them have rank 6 gear, some rank 7 gear. Yet level 45 hard mode characters are crushing my characters because:

1.) I have no taunt ability
    2.) My one healer slices her wrists open when healing others, weakening herself to further attacks. The mobs focus her down first typically.

Even when I borrow someone's Old Daka, it may help if I am lucky.
  • Every top team in PvP is going to be dark side attackers within 3 days.
    The guys who run this game don't seem to understand the concept of "slow and careful change".
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • The folks running this game do not understand balancing light and dark side for the "single player" experience. Again, this isn't Dark Souls. Adding one viable healer to dark side, just one, would help. Light side already has two viable healers plus one off healer. Same with tanks, make one tank dark side since light gets 2 tanks.
  • They could and should add a Dark Side Barriss Offee :)

With Asajj twin light sabers from the Clone Wars series.. that would give a good boosted hp hero with decent heals