Endor Escalation Heroic Battle - Feedback

Prev1
Please leave any feedback about the Endor Escalation (AT-ST) Heroic Battle in this thread.
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Replies

• The refresh "bug" was poorly handled and left a bad impression on me. My perspective: someone misses out on 4 free Wicket shards, you give them 20 and 250 crystals to make it right. Someone else buys vaults and uses crystals to get Wicket to 7* and they miss out on 4-8 zetas, tough luck, life isn't fair.

The Special Events had a description about their refresh mechanic and how it's similar to daily challenges. If our first Heroic Battle has something unique about its refresh mechanic, why wouldn't those notes be included in the same update as th Special Event? None of it makes sense to me. Was it really a bug? Was it supposed to also refresh like daily challenges but that was left out and it's easier to just call it a bug? Either way, the response was poor in my opinion. Otherwise I thought it was great. We wanted a way to get more zetas and you came through. I just think if someone is willing to pay for them, you should have a little more integrity following through with that expectation.
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    The sensible thing would have been to bring the event back for another day. Those that 7* Wicket today and were not able to participate in the Bonus Tier should have a proper go at it.
  • The event is quite good in terms of difficulty, although 780 crystal is too much for current bugged refresh.
    78 per shard, if you are RNG God. otherwise is 130.
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It's bugging me that nobody even acknowledges that they introduced the first Heroic Battle without any info on how the refreshes work until Kozispoon said there was a bug and we find out it's the first event with 1 refresh for crystals on Tier 1 and no refreshes on the Bonus. It's all just beyond recognition to me. No communication of new mechanic, which is already broken, no fix, and no admission of wrongdoing. I don't think it was nefarious, but more careless.

Edit: also deleting my comments anytime I mention this looks even more unscrupulous in my opinion
  • Loved the event! Super difficult for my lower level stuff, but that made it all the more fun. Wish I could predict how low level I should be just get keep the fun factors up!
  • Event was fun and cool how it only required five 4* ewoks, inclining us to farm and use one of the new ones. The unintentional gift of 20 wicket shards was nice for allowing all players to participate even though they hadn't bought a pack for logray or paploo.

Keep things like this up. The event ought to occur once a week, or at least twice a month. As it is, players that participated in Wicket's original Endor Escalation for shards still would have to wait at least 8 months to acquire a 7* wicket if it occurs twice a month.

Once a month, as it sounds like is planned, means it will be over 2 years before this character can be used in raids, the most fun aspect of the game, and also for late phases of Territory Battles.

A player starting this game today who loves Wicket is told he will have to wait 3 years to max him out through regular gameplay? That would instantly turn me off and make me say the game is not worth it.

Two or three times a month, say the day before a Territory Battle will start (making Endor Escalation every 10-11 days as well) would be a great balance. I have played this game for two years as of this upcoming december. To make me wait LONGER than my entire playtime so far to max out one character, Wicket? Too much investment and waiting is being asked of a player.

Great work on the event though, and I really appreciate the 5 hard battles for each node/day and other changes you guys are making.
  • I was under the impression we would get to use pre-loaded ewoks for the event like last time, and be forced to use our own in the bonus battle. I flash farmed paploo and got my ewoks to over 200 speed and it was so insanely difficult. Couldn't beat it. After about 25 tries I gave up and switched mods back to my Haat squads. I got my face melted in round 4. I can't even imagine how tough the bonus would be.
    Our guild is ranked #245 in the HAAT right now and only 1 guildmate out of 50 was able to beat it. Hope that gives a reasonable idea of how tough it is. I feel like it should be slightly nerfed and the bonus battle should be the one that's insane.
  • I agree. Way too hard. I have 7* G8 and used my arena mods (pretty good - I finish #1 in arena) except for a 4* G7 wicket. I get annihilated. Save that intensity for the bonus tier....
  • Too hard for a fringe faction like ewoks that are only useful in zero areas of the game. Yes, a few of them can fill out decent raid squads if you don't have better options, but this is not a faction with a real purpose outside of this event. I get that you want to encourage collecting, but the difficulty here was just stupid.
  • Love the event even if my Ewoks not ready for it. Goves me notivatuon to get my ewoks ready next time it comes around.
  • Loved the main concept and design of the event, I've heard that it took extra time to create and we may not get many of them, but thank you for this. Saying that, most of the other stuff around the event seems to be handled pretty poorly. Why only two tiers? After Capgasp created the event, would it really have taken the same increased amount of time to tune few more tiers with even varying amounts of Wicket rewards? Now you're in a quandry, I autod it with my G11 ewoks plus G8 4* paploo, but others can't participate at all? Again, in a typical CG fashion the communication was poor even the day of the event about the bugs/refresh mechanic and the frequency of the event. The once a month plan for this event sounds horrible, I'll get CLS before this due to the horrible drop rate. Sounds like a great idea to have zetas for the top tier reward, but I think the 7* wicket should be tuned around 3-4 months for top tier ewok players who have already spent significant resources into maxing their ewoks. And add more tiers so you can get more mileage of all this development work you put in here. Thank you for listening.
  • Really enjoyed the event. I appreciate that the Bonus Tier (which i cannot do) doesn't require Ewoks and therefore doesn't require me to gear them beyond Tier 1. I really like how Tier 1 has some actual difficulty, although it can get a little frustrating to make it to the last round and get killed. Although I am concerned about the cadence on Wicket shards, especially if packs don't come back, I don't think many of us will use him outside of nostalgia or a max Ewok squad in TB (or platoons in TB) so I'm not that offended.
  • I think The Event itself was really fun to play.The design and concept of the event was good if it werent for the bug.

One thing that i felt needed to improve was the difficulty lvl for tier 1. I farmed ewoks upto lvl 60- 65 and gear lvl 7-9 range and from 5-7 stars. and Still could not get done the first tier. So it would be nice to adjust the difficulty lvl. Or Just recommend the gear lvl and character lvl with star count will give an idea about how much further we should farm them for the event.

second thing is the wicket shard and the occurance of event. If we are getting this event for once a month it would be nice to increase the shards from 10 to 50-80. If the event is kept once a week then 10 shards are fine. Just it would be nice to get a 7 star wicket within a reasonable amount of timeframe. So adjusting the shard payout with time would be nice.
  • The event was great and a challenge. I had to use my arena mods on all ewoks to make it through. Teebo lead g8-9, chirpa g8, ee g8, scout g8 all 7* paploo gear 7 4*.
    Thank the maker we can remove tm from the atst. It's new and different from what we had. I enjoyed it very much.

The problem with the event really has nothing to do with the gameplay lol it will take too too long to 7* wicket at a ftp pace. 1-2 years is overkill and I think it has the opposite effect that was intended. There's a feel that people won't even bother with it because of the time. This is like double the time of a 3 battle hard node farm.

Also not related to the wicket event but to all these type of events- wicket, mother talzin, and how many more added I think this will really hurt people buying packs for talzin and wicket.

Also - cap thanks for this thread
  • Achievements: complete tier 1 of the event ten times and you will be rewarded 20 Mk 4 Carbanti which nobody needs
  • Fun event - I enjoy these one-off special type events. Just wish they would show more often. We have enough of these now there should always be one in rotation it seems.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    27 months to be able to fully promote Mother Talzin and Wicket is absolutely ridiculous. What a joke.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Absolutely love the event! Very challenging, but doesn't require ewoks to be geared up too high. Lots of fun squad starategy with a fun squad I never get to use otherwise.

Like that zetas will eventually be more frequently given out.

Huge downside is that there are so few wicket shards given out. 10 per month makes an insanely long farm for FTP. With hard nodes it's pretty easy to average 10 per WEEK these days.

I'd say double or triple amount of shards given out, but don't increase how often it runs. That was once you do 7 star him, you get the same amount of zetas, but makes him farmable in a reasonable time frame.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    The event, Endor Escalation will reoccur at least once per month until otherwise announced. This will allow all players to work on their Ewok units at their leisure and engage the event when it comes around that month.

Wicket is also currently available in Chromium and the Ewok Faction pack. Wicket will not be available in Shipments for the immediate future, but may eventually find a home there.

I'd appreciate Wicket and the Ewok rework, but this character would take several months to farm shards due to the monthly Heroic Event of Endor Escalation per day, which makes it inefficient and difficult to get 7-star Wicket but he is the one of the most effective Ewok in this game.
  • I was ready to throw down a lot of money to refresh tier 1 of this event. Only one refresh is kind of a bummer to me. Wicket is the character I want to 7* the most right now so looks like that won't happen anytime soon.
  • I like this event its one of the best and I really hope @CG_CapGaSP get the chance to make similar events.

I have invested time, gear and some money in the ewok team. All my ewoks are 7* (except Wicket who is close to 6* ) G9-G11 including chirpa(Z). I like the event to be challenging, but I do think its too few shards to get rewarded once a month and there is no viable option to pay to get the shards either. The ewok pack will grant me 95% shards I dont need and same with the chromium. I would prefer the Wicket pack that was introduced when they was released earlier this year as an option aswell, cause I would really like to use wicket in the raids.

What I would suggest is adding a tier that require 5* or 6* and high geared ewoks and the reward would be more wicket shards. It would reward players like me who focused on ewoks.

I would also like thank the team behind the ewok rework, I have alot of fun in GW and TB with ewoks, even if they arent arena viable, I really hope that one day they will be used to unlock C3PO :smile:
  • Its way to hard. If im expected to have all gear 10 ewoks that is ridiculous.
  • rFeJfK6.png
    Mk 4 Carbanti, very very not cool
  • Developers this game is in need of a platform where players can home in a good chemistry of Squad characters by testing them there is no current platform to do that it is only trial and error in which you never get to experience what it's like to do battle without consequences. some sort of training room is definitely required so we can play and enjoy different character teams against other players or handpicked squads, mock battles will also give more to game play
  • The timescale of once a month maybe more is a joke. You could get at least 30 shards in a month doing a hard node. So this event has told us it will take 3 times as long to 7 star wicket compared to Baze, unless we spend on crystals on packs with 33% chance for getting any of his shards. SMH
  • I enjoyed the event. I was able to beat the first tier after a lot of tries. But I enjoyed the challenge.

The only downside is the rewards. I'd like to be able to get Wicket to 7* in 3 month's time. At 10 shards per event, it would have to run weekly for me to get him to 7* in 6 months. So to run the event monthly is rough to make wicket worth developing.
  • The event was a blast! Thank you for it devs!

Now you need to tweek the rewards. It is plain stupid to ask us to wait for two years to get Wicket to 7* (I already waited 3 months + all that time before...).

Wicket will not be meta, he probably is the strongest ewok out there but that's it. In 2 years when I finally get him to 7* you would have done another ewok rework and he will be obselete, and the new ewoks will still not be meta, remember they are not Rebels nor Jedis...

Increase the event reward to make it a 6 month thingy for f2p if you like having us in pain. Decrease it to 3 months and people will be happy.

2 years is not fun.

Why not make a new section in the cantina for these new events? We have the same one for Talzin. And I guess more will come (I would like to see more of them). Put them all here and let us know when they come back. Make it like challenges. If you want to keep the pace not to give out too many zeta then give 50 shards every time and keep it to once a month. The event is hard, not everyone can do it. But you don't need to punish people who love ewoks with a toon that take 2 years to get...

Best regards
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Please leave any feedback about the Endor Escalation (AT-ST) Heroic Battle in this thread.

I lost 780 crystals because the game don't told me that refreshes applies to all Tiers.
    I paid 1099 crystals to get Wicket 7 stars, and then I learn that I cannot play Bonus Tier.

The game gave me wickets shards that turned on 300 shards credits.