Saddest Star Wars Death?

2Next

Replies

• Other
    Han’s tauntaun... avoidable death brought about about Luke being stupid and Han being all maverik and herioc. Han didn’t give a hoot about that tauntaun. He then mutilated the corpse into a temporary sleeping bag! And then complains about the stench!

So needless..
  • Satine Kryz
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Fives, easily.

Or Maul, but only because his death was handled so poorly from a plot and characterization standpoint.

Oh man, Five's was heartbreaking.

I was going to vote, but then I saw this post. :<
    My clone bias may be showing here, but totally agree. I didn't think that scene would hit me as hard as it did, but the fact he knew what was coming and was quickly silenced by his own men. Tragic.
    giphy.webp

I have never had a developer comment on one of my posts before, I feel shocked, speechless, and honored.
    ImmediateRigidAuk-max-1mb.gif
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Other
    Fives was an emotional curb stomp. The culmination of an amazing story arc, and he was just trying to prevent the eradication of the Jedi order. Plus he's been a fairly regular character for 5 seasons at that point.

As others have said, Satine was also really sad. Was the Ani/Padme forbidden fruit story, except handled WAY better, with more emotion and less...well everything that made AotC infuriating. She was a very interesting character, if there is a god they will make the Kenobi movie about him & QGJ helping Satine during the mandalorian civil war.

Asajj Ventress was the worst by far. Such a fantastic conflicted character, with miles of development. She was an awesome assassin, tortured Nightsister, and the only bounty hunter I can think of to get one over on Boba Fett.

I'm still **** they time stamped her death so my dreams of an rogue Ahsoka & bounty hunter Ventress 'good cop-bad cop' show, or a "Boba's Gang ft Asajj Ventress: Bounty Hunters" series is impossible now.

• ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Not when he actually dies, but when Obi-Wan cuts him up pretty good.

Obi-Wan%252376.gif

I agree. I will throw my BluRays in once in awhile just to watch the Anakin/Kenobi fight scene to the end. Loved the fight and the emotion of the end of Anakin Skywalker but birth of Darth Vader. McGregor’s emotions at the end make the scene great to me.
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Han’s tauntaun... avoidable death brought about about Luke being **** and Han being all maverik and herioc. Han didn’t give a hoot about that tauntaun. He then mutilated the corpse into a temporary sleeping bag! And then complains about the stench!

So needless..

giphy.gif
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • SolariJedi
    138 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Other
    There are so many, Fives, Shmi Skywalker, the younglings... but the one that pops to mind for me is Nahdar Vebb, the Mon Cal Jedi.

It wasn't so much gut wrenching or painful, but just knowing how much potential he had, and him dying just after being given the rank of Knight... just very sad. War is painful....
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Fives was an emotional curb stomp. The culmination of an amazing story arc, and he was just trying to prevent the eradication of the Jedi order. Plus he's been a fairly regular character for 5 seasons at that point.

As others have said, Satine was also really sad. Was the Ani/Padme forbidden fruit story, except handled WAY better, with more emotion and less...well everything that made AotC infuriating. She was a very interesting character, if there is a god they will make the Kenobi movie about him & QGJ helping Satine during the mandalorian civil war.

Asajj Ventress was the worst by far. Such a fantastic conflicted character, with miles of development. She was an awesome assassin, tortured Nightsister, and the only bounty hunter I can think of to get one over on Boba Fett.

I'm still **** they time stamped her death so my dreams of an rogue Ahsoka & bounty hunter Ventress 'good cop-bad cop' show, or a "Boba's Gang ft Asajj Ventress: Bounty Hunters" series is impossible now.

If you're in for more Asajj, I'd pick up 'Dark Disciple' by Christie Golden.
    How much better can you get than Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos teaming up being bodacious?
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Other

How much better can you get than Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos teaming up being bodacious?

I agree. A good read. @CG_Kozispoon could you please commended to all at CG so we can get Quinlan Vos in the game ;)
  • Other
    Aaaah Fives' death just hit me like a truck
  • Fives was an emotional curb stomp. The culmination of an amazing story arc, and he was just trying to prevent the eradication of the Jedi order. Plus he's been a fairly regular character for 5 seasons at that point.

I agree. A good read. @CG_Kozispoon could you please commended to all at CG so we can get Quinlan Vos in the game ;)

Couldnt agree more, ofc, this would likely mean that a bounty hunter ventress would have to be released to synergize
  • Darth Maul
    Aaaah Fives' death just hit me like a truck

What about 99, his death was so sad. He died being a soldier, something he always wanted to be.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Other
    J7Luke wrote: »
    Hands down K-2SO.

:'( Yeah, poor K2
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Other
    At the risk of making this topic even sadder...it was clearly this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=14HRo_eTUgg

And I don't even like ewoks, so I felt like a **** when it happened. :/

• Darth Maul

I remember that!!! That’s was sad
  • Satine Kryz
    How is mace Windu dead?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Other
    Ima-Gun Di, for that name alone, poor sap
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Satine Kryz
    Supercat wrote: »
    How is mace Windu dead?

tumblr_mmwgg4r9qy1so03ieo3_400.gif
    I suppose he could have survived... maybe he is Snoke?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    How is mace Windu dead?

Arm cut off, electrocuted, then thrown from massive tower into sky traffic
  • UrbanSpacemanKAL
    2450 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Other
    DatBoi wrote: »
    How is mace Windu dead?

What if he landed on a transport or something? Limbs lost to lightsabers don't bleed out. Palp was electrocuted too and everything but his face survived.

Maybe?
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Satine Kryz
    DatBoi wrote: »
    How is mace Windu dead?

Obiwan has fallen over 1000 feet multiple times and survived.
    And he is worse at the living force

Maul survived worse injuries and a fall

Palpatine could be alive
    Anakin survived burns and missing limb(s) also.

Han survived falling into an exploding planet (jk).

Obiwan survived a sniper shot.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Jyn Erso
    Voted Jyn but 99's death was the saddest for me.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader
    I always thought it was Darth Vader, but some of the more recent CW episodes gave that a run for its money (5s especially). Not so much because Vader died, but because Luke finally turns him from the dark side and then loses him minutes later. Everyone else is celebrating, and he's morning his father.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Other
    Greedo.
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Obi-Wan.

Just because it was the best movie.
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Other

@CG_Kozispoon

Actually Dark Disciples was exactly what I was talking about....
    Not only did it time stamp her death(less then a year after Dooku abandoned her); it also mentioned that Boba hadn't seen her since she left him tied up in a crate in CW, which means she couldn't have been working with the coolest bounty hunter squad possible during those couple mystery months. Not to mention it said she hadn't seen Ahsoka since her leaving the order.

Worst of all, all of those were completely unnecessary to the plot/story/character development, it was literally 3 throw away lines that ensured she couldn't be in any future cannon unless it was overlapping CW. A really poor, short sided decision IMO.
  • Other
    Can I change my answer to...I dunno...the entire Hosnian system?

51565ef3-7a3c-4118-89da-c752f7109451.gif

All those people. :'(
  • Other

This.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    It was a close call. Since I have watched each movie at least 7 times each( if excluding rogue one it goes up to 15) Non really make me sad. I do have a soft spot for Anikans death as I really feel like that is what a good father would do for his children.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I forgot about 99. I never watched that clone wars episode but I saw it on youtube and thought it was really cool. To bad this wasn't about saddest death in all movies. I would have selected the Rocky 3 trainer. I cried all night for no reason but that he died.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman