Suggested Solution to the whole MT/ Wicket 2 year farm

What REALLY grinds my gear are three things:

1. Mother Talzin and Wicket are ordinary toons. They are treated as no different from any other nightsisters or ewoks. They are not classified as legendary characters or belong to a legendary event, YET their farming time FAR EXCEEDS CLS, R2, even GK, raid han, vader or ANY hard node toons.

2. Devs dared to even say that the farm time is more or less similar to hard nodes, which is completely mind boggling. Even if there’s only ONE hard node and I get ONE shard out of 5 hard battles, with ZERO REFRESH, I get 30 shards in a month. If I do refresh/ average around 2 shards/ more than ONE node, I can guarantee around 50/60 shards a month. Now Look at mother talzin. 10 shards a month. +refresh =20 shards/month. If 50/60 sounds similar to 20 to you guys, then fine.

3. This game is a business. Most older players have most if not all toons farmed and geared well, and if all the events in the future grants a free 7* character to the veterans, the game can’t really make money and the gap between new players and old players eventually increases. To be honest I am actually cool with characters locked behind an event wall, but ONLY AT A REASONABLE TIMEFRAME AND RATE. 10 shards a MONTH? This is obviously a test by the devs to see how far our line is, or whether this method is more profitable compared to shipments. But this is way beyond a reasonable mobile gamer’s expectations.

Suggested solution: Award 20 wicket/ mother talzin shards per event. Pulls the farming time to a year, also allow whales to have a reasonable advantage.

Replies

• The correct solution is to make this a weekly event. Should get a 7* in 6 months, which is what you get for "slow" toons like FOTP. If you spend the refresh, you get it in 3 months. All that would seem much more reasonable. If not, at least each other week.
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    First, you need to refresh the event to get a real idea of the length of the farm.

People who farm from hard nodes invariably refresh their energy at least once per day, at the cost of 50 crystals. Save half of that and you'll have enough crystals for a reset of the MT event. It's annoying every time someone says that this is a 2 year farm. It's only a 2 year farm if you either don't care about/want MT, or if you are incredibly ignorant.

Saving 50 crystals per day will net you 1500 in the average 30 day month. Put 780 of it towards a refresh of the MT event. The remaining 720 can be used to purchase MT shards from the shop at a cost of 80 crystals per shard.

This will net you 29 MT shards per month.

A hard node farm nets you about 50 shards per month.

With MT you were given the first 65 shards for free, plus the event running twice in 2 days. If you refreshed the event you'd have 105 shards of MT.

The single hard node farm will take 6.6 months to complete start to finish

The MT farm should take about 7.75 months to finish with this method with only a slightly higher cost in crystals.

If you are that stubborn of a spender and don't want to use a 50 crystal refresh during your hard node farm as a basis for cost, than you really aren't a very good player of this game, and thus your opinion on the matter does not matter.

Realistically, good players refresh 3 times per day and have crystals to spare.

• @Aplus,

1. Sadly they are no only ordinary toons, but very key in the faction they are needed for, so much that the play experience of these factions is severely diminished without them.

2. I was able to farm Baze in less than 8 months from a combo of shipments, Guild event tokens, and hard node farming. It took awhile, but was a great feeling of accomplishment, but towards the end I certainly felt like that was the end of my grind. 1-2 years just isn't worth it. Look at how much content has come out in the last year or two. The whole game has changed and there will be so many more characters to farm. There is no point in committing to a character for that long.

3. The only place this really will matter is arena and the guild vs guild. Otherwise how fast a person progresses in relation to other players is pretty unimportant. If you want to be in a top guild getting the best rewards you need to accelerate your progress, if not then you will get there in due time. This game has plenty of alternatives that are close to each other in power level in the PvP space. This is why I don't get why the devs punish players with characters like MT. It's a fun new experience, not OP. Acolyte + Zombie.... B2 Battle Droid counters that easily. It adds diversity and thought to the game. However, rather than introducing and keeping players engaged they put that experience between a 1-2 year grind. And it's not just the player who wants to play nightsisters, but they are denying the experience of the other players who want the challenge of having to decide to include B2 in their lineup and finding creative ways to beat them.

My last real beef is what the devs have decided is value. As a player who has been playing for almost 2 years I have a decent roster, but entirely FTP. It's not that I don't have money, but that I don't have enough of it to justify paying for the value I need. Look at AAA titles, game devs would be very happy if every two years 2 million people paid $60 for one of their games. That's a full title game with 50-100 hrs of game play. EA wants $300+ for me to get 1 character to max stars, not max gear, but max stars. Paying $10 to get 25 shards of MT doesn't really get me anything if I'm playing at the 7 star raid and top 100 arena scene. So unless I'm willing to spend more than getting a new Xbox One to get 1 character that can play at a level of reasonable impact there is no value.

Now, if you said MT could be $20 to max stars I would really consider that. Purchasing three of those types of characters is that same as buying 1 AAA title. What I'm sure is funny is that if content was put out at that low of a level with what people spend they would buy up all the content faster than the devs can make it. So they massively inflate the value. This is why I choose to be FTP, but the business model doesn't actually make sense from a value prop to actually put money in. Any money I do put in is a donation because I like playing the game and I understand that devs need money for their families too, but I do wish that I could put my $$ into something that will have a longer last meaningful impact that enhances my play experience from the time I buy it. Getting 50 shards of MT for $20 does not do that.

Idea for the devs... make skins. Rather than make a slave leia character we will never get to max, just make a slave leia skin for existing leia and charge $20. No power creep, people get an immediate value return, no worrying about balancing a kit, and it is a decent way to support the dev team.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Pseudot wrote: »
    First, you need to refresh the event to get a real idea of the length of the farm.

People who farm from hard nodes invariably refresh their energy at least once per day, at the cost of 50 crystals. Save half of that and you'll have enough crystals for a reset of the MT event. It's annoying every time someone says that this is a 2 year farm. It's only a 2 year farm if you either don't care about/want MT, or if you are incredibly ignorant.

Saving 50 crystals per day will net you 1500 in the average 30 day month. Put 780 of it towards a refresh of the MT event. The remaining 720 can be used to purchase MT shards from the shop at a cost of 80 crystals per shard.

This will net you 29 MT shards per month.

A hard node farm nets you about 50 shards per month.

With MT you were given the first 65 shards for free, plus the event running twice in 2 days. If you refreshed the event you'd have 105 shards of MT.

The single hard node farm will take 6.6 months to complete start to finish

The MT farm should take about 7.75 months to finish with this method with only a slightly higher cost in crystals.

If you are that stubborn of a spender and don't want to use a 50 crystal refresh during your hard node farm as a basis for cost, than you really aren't a very good player of this game, and thus your opinion on the matter does not matter.

Realistically, good players refresh 3 times per day and have crystals to spare.

Wow, you're not full of yourself or anything.... At least one energy refresh a day is mandatory to get your 600 tickets. You can't just skip that and save the crystals for Talzin.

Your calculation also leaves out the 3 months between the first instance of the event and its return.

And, you're not accounting for the number of characters that will have this farming method. We know of 4 already and I doubt they are stopping there.