Barris Offee

Replies

• There will be plenty of refunds given out this wk lol......apple is eaiser by far....they don't hassle you at all......but android is a bit more taxing ....but still very possible. ...once I find the number again I'll be making the phone call.....or a min a email to start the process. ...
  • I honestly think you shouldn't do the app store / Google play refund first hand lol. You might get account locked from my experience in MMORPGs. (happened in a game where my credit card got double charged because of connection issue, called credit card company to cancel 1 of them, I got banned because they thought I defaulted on payment and ran away with content. It took awhile to rectify).

So those who treasure their efforts in the game might want to let others risk it first lol
  • I sumbitted request for refund to apple stating purchase doesnt include items as described when being sold. Will see how it will go. At least will put some pressure on ea
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    People were able to claim thousands in refunds from EA/Capital games from the app stores when Dragon Age, their other game pulled similar stunts. They soon stopped pulling such changes to charscters when half the playerBase got their money back and still retained their purchases and accounts. Just saying ;) obviously they think that they can repeat mistakes from their previous games and get away with it, they won't, the sooner people put in for refunds the sooner they will stop this in future updates.
  • Above poster is right, there is a good chance you will have your account deleted if you get refund. One last FU lol
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SeroZero wrote: »
    I honestly think you shouldn't do the app store / Google play refund first hand lol. You might get account locked from my experience in MMORPGs. (happened in a game where my credit card got double charged because of connection issue, called credit card company to cancel 1 of them, I got banned because they thought I defaulted on payment and ran away with content. It took awhile to rectify).

So those who treasure their efforts in the game might want to let others risk it first lol

It's not the same thing...u called ur credit card company to cancel the payment.......this is a,refund from Google to you.......then they do what they do to get there money from the app....
  • Google Play is quite good about refunds in these sorts of scenarios, jsut call and explain it truthfully.
  • Wyll wrote: »
    If you read the Terms Of Service and End User Licenses Agrement, there is a clause or two about "Game exeperience may change." and a policy on refunds.

Go ahead and read it. Take you time. When you are done, come back and let me listen to the sound of you gnashing you teeth. :)

For those that bought Barriss, consider it an expensive lesson in "Never Buy Things" in a Free To Pay game.

I don't have to bother reading it or give a **** what EA or Capital Games say. Apple has the final say in the matter that EA/Capital Games is subjected to. I don't waste time dealing with middle men and their bull-S. For all of us who will be getting refunds like we have in other games under similar conditions, consider it a lesson of you not knowing what the hell you are talking about as we listen to the sound of you gnashing your trolling teeth :)
  • ^ That. Apple and Google don't abid by EAs terms and conditions, they will overrule it and refund you if they feel you've been cheated, as I mentioned above they refunded capital games customers heavily before when they did the same things in Dragon Age.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Just expect that if you ask for a refund and it is granted, EA will cancel your account.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Jesus ****, all this whining is incredible. If you choose to spend 50$ on a microtransaction for a mobile EA game, then you're kind of screwed in the first place. You got exactly what you paid for; FOUR characters, three of which can walk into 9/10 arena squads, in addition to whatever extra crystals/credits/shards I'm sure were also included. Barriss was OP as **** and this is, despite the EA presence, still a game where skill is supposed to be a fairly, though not wholly, decisive factor. If you're actually going to cry about "deserving an OP character" when you paid so much for it, then you don't really sound like anything but a spoiled child.

You're not the first to fall into the microtransaction trap and you're certainly not the last. You'd think that it was common sense not to spend a whole game's worth of money on a character pack for a mobile game, but you did it anyway. The only one to blame here is yourself, because if you actually think that EA cares about your sense of entitlement you got from spending 50$ on their game, then you really need to face reality.
  • Previously no one's Dragon Age accounts were deleted or cancelled when they got refunds, mine wasn't, neither was none of my "guilds" or other forum users. If that will still be way I cannot say.
  • Simply put Barriss was OP and she is now what she should have been in the first place. Barriss is the only healer that ignores heal block and she still heals the team better than any other healer right now. Stop complaining about something that happens in every single MMO in history. Chars change and new ones get introduced to keep a constant balance and ever changing dynamic get over it or find something else to do.

Ally invite code: 692-489-899
  • Well, just an update. Got reply within 1 hour from Apple saying this is a common case and since we are not getting compesation from seller they will refund the purchase. Thank you EA
  • the refunds aren't just limited to the bariss pack, they can extend to purchases made to level her and get gear such as crystals for energy etc..
  • I hope EA reverts your accounts back to before the purchases then, because everything you gained from the overpowered Barriss should be forfeit. Its sad that when people cry enough they are given anything they want. I would understand if Barriss was turned useless but seeing as she is still very powerful as a healer you people are ridiculous.
    Ally invite code: 692-489-899
  • Shizmoo
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Most won't care that are quiting. Your opinion of what is an acceptable change isn't the standard - Apple's is. Also I see you are crying yourself to get what you want.
  • Are you guys under the impression that characters will never be balanced?

I think this is a GOOD thing. It shows EA actually cares about game balance and not just money. Buyer feedback is important too because EA will probably be more careful with overtuning store characters in the future to avoid stuff like this. Anyway I don't have Bariss but I use my friend's all the time and she still gets me through tough challenges and cantina fights
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    EA and/or Capital Games, are the ones that MUST abide by Store rules, google and apple! So, they won't EVER cancel your acc if the store decided to refund, unless they want their game removed from the stores...
  • Threads like this blow my mind. What did all you people think would happen? I find it hard to believe that one single person was so ignorant as to think there would never be balancing with the characters in this game. Hope everyone gets their refund and moves onto something else, all these whining threads are clogging up the good stuff.
  • when you use real money to buy a character, your not paying for an op or special character. your paying for the luxury of having it right now rather than farming it or rolling crystals. so don't understand this need for trying for a refund..you got what u paid for.

and to think there won't be possible imbalances corrected is just silly.
  • Otar wrote: »
    EA and/or Capital Games, are the ones that MUST abide by Store rules, google and apple! So, they won't EVER cancel your acc if the store decided to refund, unless they want their game removed from the stores...

This isn't true, the game can shut down your account.
  • You guys are nuts.

Let me explain why no one deserves their money back. The pack you bought was not solely Barriss Offee. You got multiple characters and character shards as well as credits. That is exactly what the description said you'd receive.

She's still a good healer because she seems to heal right through heal blocks plus has the passive heals. She's not as good as she was, but I don't see what all the fuss is about.
  • if theyre going to completely nerf a character people paid a ton for, they better add in some compensation. if not, people are going to get it themselves.
  • Barris was only useful for her healing. Without it, they need to compensate by making her attack infinitely stronger. They have not balanced the toon, they have nerfed it hard, to the point of making her completely useless. CG must compensate those people who paid for her. Begging people to never spend again on their game doesn't sound like an effective way of doing business.

Also, people who say that her healing ignores blocking, obviously have not played with or against her. Her power has two effects: equalizing the health of all players, and healing. "Unable to be healed" is completely different from "unable to be equalized". Equalizing is not healing, because the health gained by some is lost by others. And when she or any other fighter cannot be healed, then the healing part of Barris's power doesn't work (I am 100% sure of this because I've seen it), as it is intended, but the equalizing part of her power is not affected. Sidious and others prevent enemies from being healed, not from being equalized.
  • If bariss was nerfed like this before, i and pretty much most of others wouldnt buy the pack. Bariss was point of sale of this pack, and thats all. I dont go into rights or wrongs about nerfing this character. I just say if you charge me 62.5$ for something i want to have it as it is. Not something totally different a week after purchase.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Valdorian wrote: »
    What did all you people think would happen?
    I thought she would be reasonably adjusted like Old Ben was. Not nerfed to oblivion.
    A level 54 healer who heals another level 54 char for 700 points? As her ONLY special move?
    That's not reasonable.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • DigitalKLB
    55 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I also don't understand why your first cries are for your money back.

Shouldn't you ask for the nerfs to be rolled back or ask for some type of attack boost, rather than immediately demanding a refund?

A lot of people like to gripe about the greed of these game companies. But the first chance you guys get you are trying to get money for something that is easily fixable. Interesting isn't it?
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Shizmoo wrote: »
    Otar wrote: »

This isn't true, the game can shut down your account.

No clue if you are being just a troll or if you have anything to back it up, go read the Store policies and see who wins, Store or Developer? The only good thing about having a store is that, they are the judges not Devs! In theory Devs control de game servers and they could ban you, but the Stores would have to take the game down if they did unilateral decisions like that!
  • Barris was only useful for her healing. Without it, they need to compensate by making her attack infinitely stronger.

This is my problem with the nerf. All what she is now is just a damage sponge thanks to her high hp. I just ended up switching her out with someone else that has higher damage and having luminara healing. Haven't had any problems and cleared Galactic war with no problems.

This discussion has been closed.