Empire and Sith need love asap

odinsrighthand
9 posts Member
edited October 2017
It is really getting old having to deal with Chaze, Wiggs, CLS, GKN, R2 and whatever the next overpowered rebel/ls toon gets released with day one or very minor reworks to Empire, Sith, DS toons. The devs can't see a problem with 95 out of the top 100 teams are CLS or GKN lead rebel teams? Vader still has no unique, how the heck does that happen? The most feared character in the post clone war timeline and he is a total push over. The maul teams are toast and never had the dominance the current rebel teams have. Droids are dead and have been forever, oh other than the only 2 LS droids oddly enough. It really feels like having built up a dark side roster since day one was a total mistake and with that even continuing on with the game feels like a mistake. When thrawn was released, I quasi viable empire toon they require phoenix to get him, yet with super OP CLS you require Rebels to get him, so LS focused people get to use what they already have to unlock what they want, yet DS focused people get the EA shaft. Seriously, Empire/Sith need a massive rework, not something small, not one Zeta, not the joke that was troopers. But something tangible. Vader, Veers, Tarkin, Palpatine, Sid, RG, Dooku, and lets throw in Droids as well really need some serious help. STOP making new LS characters, STOP with the rebels. You have to fix the damaged caused by Chaze and CLS, either with a nerf that wont happen or with giving DS teams a fighting chance.

Replies

• Battlefront two next month we're guaranteed to get Iden and likely the rest of Inferno squad, by the end of the Rebels show we'll get Rukh (maybe Kallus but he's one that's justified having copies), and then ep8 on top of some resistance will get more First Order. Assuming they don't do anything else seems we'll get some more of your much requested empire
  • Late November 2015 Squad Arena
    CVmjOrp.png
    Your argument is invalid.
  • Good lord drama queen.
    CVmjOrp.png
    Cool, one whale team out of how many?
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Battlefront two next month we're guaranteed to get Iden and likely the rest of Inferno squad, by the end of the Rebels show we'll get Rukh (maybe Kallus but he's one that's justified having copies), and then ep8 on top of some resistance will get more First Order. Assuming they don't do anything else seems we'll get some more of your much requested empire

I don't want more toons to make the current empire obsolete, I want the ones in the game which are already the top ranking Empire Characters in Star Wars to be usable.
  • My only surprise really is that Palaptine, one of the most iconic Dark Side character of the whole saga doesn't have a zeta nor a synergy with the Royal Guards.
    CVmjOrp.png

4bnalsG.gif
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Late November 2015 Squad Arena
    CVmjOrp.png

F2P can and do run the same team. Most people just don't choose to.

Zaul meta was way worse than anything we have now.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Battlefront two next month we're guaranteed to get Iden and likely the rest of Inferno squad, by the end of the Rebels show we'll get Rukh (maybe Kallus but he's one that's justified having copies), and then ep8 on top of some resistance will get more First Order. Assuming they don't do anything else seems we'll get some more of your much requested empire

I don't want more toons to make the current empire obsolete, I want the ones in the game which are already the top ranking Empire Characters in Star Wars to be usable.
    There's always the possibity that the kits make the whole empire better. Like how the empire was unusable before Palpatine, or Phoenix needing Hera, or Zaul for the Sith, or to bring it back to empire Shoretrooper gave them a much needed tank. Or most recently how Talzin makes the Nightsisters as deadly as they are. Sometimes a kit can pull the faction up with it. The only empire characters I'd change are; Saxon, Commando, Magmatrooper, and the leaders on everyone but Vader and Krennic
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    That's a Nov 2015 server. I'm not on the same server but am also Nov 2015. Pretty much the entire top 50 is 7*, G12 with multiple zetas. Currenty there's 2 zThrawn leads and 1 zVader lead, but while the rest are LS leads (CLS, GK, Rex), almost none of them are fully LS (Nih, Thrawn, DT).

IMO, Tenacity up and cleanses are the problem. DS teams need debuffs, and unless you have DT or DS heroes that have irresistable debuffs, you're going to have a rough ride. Plus there aren't a lot of good, fast DS heroes as compared to LS. Thrawn and Nihilus are used because Fracture, Drain Force and Annihilate are irresistible. Tarkin is also a good counter to Rebels right now since his offense/crit down is irresistible as well. With the Talzin release sort of confirming it, it seems that debuffs aren't that useful unless a debuff is irresistable and/or un-debuffable.

But plenty of LS heroes aren't terribly useful either - most Jedi, jawas, clones. So I don't think it's so much a dark side issue, as a general rebel bias.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Yeah I think the problem is more the availability of darkside toons. Light side ones are all fairly easy to get/ppl already have the OPd ones. For that dark side team, only Thrawn is easy to get. The rest are terrible long costly farms. Otherwise I think we'd see a lot more people running a full empire team. Only reason I'm not is cuz they're all at like 4 star other than the fully maxed thrawn. But with my CLS, I can just plug in any Rebel I already have maxed and have success.