Rey's new name

Replies

• Sabine is likely Duchess Satine and Ben's child. She's got Kenobi's sass built in.

Leaves it if Rey is Sabine and Luke's or Sabine and say, Ezra's - probably Luke's - and then in both cases their mother was royalty, so naming the kid Rey is a 2fer.

It doesn't really matter. The only 'ship that's important is the Kenobi-Asajj story... and you know it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • The next Rey is going to be Sith Lord Rey.
  • Sabine is likely Duchess Satine and Ben's child. She's got Kenobi's sass built in.

Leaves it if Rey is Sabine and Luke's or Sabine and say, Ezra's - probably Luke's - and then in both cases their mother was royalty, so naming the kid Rey is a 2fer.

It doesn't really matter. The only 'ship that's important is the Kenobi-Asajj story... and you know it.

No idea where you came up with Sabine’s parentage. We meet her whole family in Rebels season 3 and 4.

No idea where you came up with Sabine’s parentage. We meet her whole family in Rebels season 3 and 4.

Adopted, clearly!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Luke, after completely rejecting the temptation of the Dark Side, inspired Darth Vader to do the same, leading to the return of the Jedi Anakin to the Light Side and the death of Palpatine.

Following the defeat of the Empire, Luke set about training a new generation of Jedi. Unfortunately, his nephew Ben Solo was tempted by the Dark Side and turned against Luke, murdering all of the Jedi, destroying the temple, and leaving Luke presumed dead in the rubble. Ashamed of his failure, Luke fled in defeat and isolated himself.

When Rey arrives in search of training, Luke is forced to face his fears and self doubt. He initially assists her, but senses her power and ultimately refuses to continue her training in the belief that he should be the last of the Jedi.

Discouraged and disillusioned after seeing the legendary Jedi lose all hope and confidence, she leaves him in search of guidance elsewhere.
  • Have you watched Luke swing a lightsaber in episodes 4 thru 6? FFS if Luke trains anyone he will be setting the Jedi back a millennium... Rey better seek out someone better to train her.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Momofatts wrote: »
    Have you watched Luke swing a lightsaber in episodes 4 thru 6? FFS if Luke trains anyone he will be setting the Jedi back a millennium... Rey better seek out someone better to train her.

Luke found remances of the Jedi between Return of The Jedi and TFA and his already great knowledge from arguably the most powerful and wise Jedi to have lived (Yoda) combined with that would make him perfectly capable of training Rey. He likely found Jedi holocrons. One likely being from Master Jocasta Nu whom survived order 66 and tried to preserve Jedi knowledge, whether she was successful or not...you'll have to read the upcoming Vader comic. Which is soon to release. My point is Luke was probably the most capable Jedi left in the galaxy to train someone.
  • IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Momofatts wrote: »
    Have you watched Luke swing a lightsaber in episodes 4 thru 6? FFS if Luke trains anyone he will be setting the Jedi back a millennium... Rey better seek out someone better to train her.

Luke found remances of the Jedi between Return of The Jedi and TFA and his already great knowledge from arguably the most powerful and wise Jedi to have lived (Yoda) combined with that would make him perfectly capable of training Rey. He likely found Jedi holocrons. One likely being from Master Jocasta Nu whom survived order 66 and tried to preserve Jedi knowledge, whether she was successful or not...you'll have to read the upcoming Vader comic. Which is soon to release. My point is Luke was probably the most capable Jedi left in the galaxy to train someone.

Yep, all the Jedi knowledge from the temple he found plus Yoda's, QGJ's, Obi-wan's and Anakin's Force ghosts to train him.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Yep, all the Jedi knowledge from the temple he found plus Yoda's, QGJ's, Obi-wan's and Anakin's Force ghosts to train him.

Oh yeah...

Listen to that strange guy old guy, sitting alone on an island and talking with ghosts that only he can see and of course only sometimes.

• Rey will turn to the darkside, making Luke, " The last Jedi "
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Luke ends the Jedi and Rey dabbles in both the light and darkside. The trailer gave it away. Grey Jedi. Therefore, G-Rey. And she's related to Old Ben.

Come'on now. Ky-Lo, sKYwalker-soLO. In Last Jedi, Rey trains on Actoo. "Act 2", sequel. Sheesh.

Star Wars is full of this nonsense. Barriss Offee? (Barista Coffee)
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Your wrong, you will need blown motivator R5-D4 not BB-8.

Lol I liked that droid's story in the old EU. He blew the motivator on purpose so Owen would pick R2. I remember his figure had a hidden missile inside that would shoot and apparently he was a rebel spy or something like that.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Rey will turn to the darkside, making Luke, " The last Jedi "

i still think they will go the grey route hence last jedi

• Rey Kenobi obviously
  • Luuke
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2017

This has merit. The danger is constantly dividing the force into light and dark and he realizes balance will only, truly be achieved by embracing both sides as an entire part. So no more Jedi or Sith.

• Luuke wrote: »

This has merit. The danger is constantly dividing the force into light and dark and he realizes balance will only, truly be achieved by embracing both sides as an entire part. So no more Jedi or Sith.

also there was a spoiler in regards to a last jedi stand in a theatre. i wont post but i recommend you look into it. i dont know much on the grey jedi so i did major extensive research and i think this will be the best way to go since sith are no longer a thing and were replaced with the knights of ren

• Je'daii Order
    "In the light, there is a darkness and in the darkness, a light. It is the way with us all. Be a prisoner of neither Bogan nor Ashla. Strive to live in balance. As Tython itself teaches us, it is dangerous to do otherwise. And the danger is there—always."
    ―Ketu
    The Je'daii Order was an ancient organization unified by its belief and observance of the Force on the planet Tython, in the galaxy's Deep Core. Focusing on maintaining a balance in the Force, a state at which Tython was itself hospitable, the Je'daii saw the Force as three aspects of a whole; the Ashla (light), the Bogan (Dark), and the Bendu (balance). They saw this duality in the Force represented in the night sky of Tython in the form of two natural satellites; one bathed in light, the Ashla, another shrouded in darkness, the Bogan. In keeping with their view of balance, Je'daii who fell too far to either the light or dark were exiled to the opposite moon to meditate until they returned to balance.

This is from an old book in the EU, Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void, but, some of this has been made cannon again by Star Wars Rebels.

Note: they even exiled those who veered too far to the light.

Somewhere along the line, due to exiles repeatedly causing civil wars, the Je'daii left the planet, reformed into the Jedi, and sought only the light side of the force.

I think THIS is where they are going. I think THIS is what is in those old books of Luke's. I think this is why the Jedi must end.

Also, there are no grey Jedi. None. Ever. Anywhere. - Pablo Hidalgo

Find and post a source to the contrary
  • Goober1_ wrote: »

You guys do realize that "The Last Jedi" is plural, right?
  • Ah, but "the last" is singular.
  • DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Pauper wrote: »
    Goober1_ wrote: »

You guys do realize that "The Last Jedi" is plural, right?

jedi is a title so maybe luke is indeed the last of that title but rey will be something new kind of like how kylo is for the title ren instead of the title sith. upon my grey jedi research i also came across order of the silver jedi something wich was rather interesting and kind of ties into the possible snoke theory of what he is
    Post edited by DemonKingBALOR on
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Sabine is likely Duchess Satine and Ben's child. She's got Kenobi's sass built in.

1) kenobi and satine never acted on their feelings
    2) sabine aint white

If i had a nickel...
  • the Je'daii saw the Force as three aspects of a whole; the Ashla (light), the Bogan (Dark), and the Bendu (balance).

Heh, finally get Jolee Bendo's name from KOTOR.

• DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    i was thinking about this last night and this may be a out there theory or thought but what if rey is not her real name but is a cover for her true idenity? and what if maybe just maybe she can be a new incarnation of mara jade? now i say that because disney has brought in thrawn in rebels making him canon and now tag and bink for the han solo film. . i dont think she is related to anybody and she could be the only survivor from lukes academy? i also believe maybe luke mind wiped her after dropping her on jakku. also what if reys flash back isnt a flash back but a flash forward of the future?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    i was thinking about this last night and this may be a out there theory or thought but what if rey is not her real name but is a cover for her true idenity? and what if maybe just maybe she can be a new incarnation of mara jade? now i say that because disney has brought in thrawn in rebels making him canon and now tag and bink for the han solo film. . i dont think she is related to anybody and she could be the only survivor from lukes academy? i also believe maybe luke mind wiped her after dropping her on jakku. also what if reys flash back isnt a flash back but a flash forward of the future?

Lmao, luke is way too old for her
  • DatBoi wrote: »

wait did you think im saying luke and rey hook up? i dont understand what you are insinuating
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

wait did you think im saying luke and rey hook up? i dont understand what you are insinuating

Well one of the main reasons why so many people are aware of mara jade is that in the novels, she and luke fall in love and get married.
  • I'm hoping old Ben got freaky with a lady and had a child (Female). And that child and Luke produced rey. I don't think it will happen. One thing I find interesting is that john boyega is british but has an American accent in the movie. But Daisy Ridley is British and keeps her accent. Old Ben had a British accent as well. hmmmmm.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I'm hoping old Ben got freaky with a lady and had a child (Female). And that child and Luke produced rey. I don't think it will happen. One thing I find interesting is that john boyega is british but has an American accent in the movie. But Daisy Ridley is British and keeps her accent. Old Ben had a British accent as well. hmmmmm.
    Shhhhhh! Can’t let americans know that not all black people are african-american!
  • DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Well one of the main reasons why so many people are aware of mara jade is that in the novels, she and luke fall in love and get married.

i think it will be a retcon honestly . plus luke dosent show any signs of being the married type. he looks like a crazy old hermit . i mean if thats the case i am ok with it works for thrawn