An old foe reveals their true face [MERGE]

Replies

• I could be wrong but I just seen a photo op of first order and Phasma has her facemask off for the first time I've seen. Maybe it's Phasma even though they have had her before as a daily log in toon it's just a thought.
  • It states an old for will reveal their true face, implying someone is voluntarily stepping from the shadows.

I still think it’s Jango.
    Kallus is next best choice since he is Imperial and revealed himself to Thrawn as Fulcrum.
    It could be another Separatist as well.
    Less likely, it could, gasp, be another rebel who is an old foe of the Empire.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I could be wrong but I just seen a photo op of first order and Phasma has her facemask off for the first time I've seen. Maybe it's Phasma even though they have had her before as a daily log in toon it's just a thought.

There were some promo pics in Vanity Fair, I think, that had Phasma with no helmet and it looks just like you would expect Gwendoline Christie to look. On Twitter, I’m 99% certain Pablo Hidalgo or someone as Lucasfilm said Phasma does NOT take her helmet off in TLJ.

On a side note, I just realized Phasma/Christie is 6’3”. geeze.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I just seen a photo op of first order and Phasma has her facemask off for the first time I've seen. Maybe it's Phasma even though they have had her before as a daily log in toon it's just a thought.

There were some promo pics in Vanity Fair, I think, that had Phasma with no helmet and it looks just like you would expect Gwendoline Christie to look. On Twitter, I’m 99% certain Pablo Hidalgo or someone as Lucasfilm said Phasma does NOT take her helmet off in TLJ.

Wouldn't matter anyway. Devs have said they aren't releasing any TLJ characters until December, and whoever it is would have to have ALREADY revealed their face anyway.
  • A battle damaged Darth Vader also makes sense. Ashoka took 1/4 of his face plate off in their season 2 finale battle revealing his face.

Jango or Vader both make sense. Jango is Fives with very little rework, and Vader is just battle damage and more Sith Lord badassery
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Wouldn't matter anyway. Devs have said they aren't releasing any TLJ characters until December, and whoever it is would have to have ALREADY revealed their face anyway.

I missed the December comment from the devs. Source? Either way, that means *hopefully* we’re getting a Separtist rework next month, or second best scenario would be Inferno Squadron toons to go along with the BF2 release!

Yeah I believe your right... It had her, foo, and kylo on it. Also wow I didn't know she was that tall lol
  • I'm guessing Kylo (sans mask) or Senator Palpatine. I'm leaning toward Palpatine because I could see him as a character analogous to Hermit Yoda. No real attacks, just buffs/debuffs to go along with how he schemed and manipulated things behind the scenes to bring the Dark Side to power. Maybe also as a Territory Battles exclusive character too with Dark Side TBs coming.

#my2cents
    Go Pens!
  • I'm guessing Kylo (sans mask) or Senator Palpatine. I'm leaning toward Palpatine because I could see him as a character analogous to Hermit Yoda. No real attacks, just buffs/debuffs to go along with how he schemed and manipulated things behind the scenes to bring the Dark Side to power. Maybe also as a Territory Battles exclusive character too with Dark Side TBs coming.

#my2cents
    bring on the separatists!
    starkiller kylo for login
    starkiller rey for android lol
  • heh maybe its a playable george lucas hence old foe since fans hated him for the prequels. one of his talents can be he remasters a charachters ability like how he remastered the original trilogy
  • Could it be slightly be misleading and it's Dark Side Barris?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    An old foe - This game launched just prior tot he release of TFA - Kylo was a well sought after toon at that time. As far as this game concerned - he is quite an old toon and is also darkside re: "foe"

reveals their true face - He no longer appears to wear his mask in the trailers of TLJ - quite simply we are getting a new version of Kylo to compliment the release of TLJ.

It sounds too simple for me.
  • Couldn't we throw The Grand Inquisitor into the conversation as well? He meets all of the criteria:
    Old Foe - one of the main villains in Rebels season one
    Reveals true face: In season 2 of rebels he revealed
    that he was a jedi knight and a temple guardian (which is already in the game)
  • Luuke
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    All add my vote to it being Agent Kallus. He was an old foe turned ally, Star Wars Rebels series just had their season premiere and last episode sported a rather dapper Kallus on Yavin 4, now a full Rebel member.
    From This:
    REB_IA_2790_8ff051fe.jpg

To This:
    SWR_S4_Kallus_1.png

And nobody cry spoiler, this info is almost a year old.
  • It would be cool if Kallus was the first character, as a past double-agent (fulcrum) to have both Imperial and Rebel tags, allowing him to have synergy with either side. Though I know they never would.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Luuke wrote: »
    All add my vote to it being Agent Kallus. He was an old foe turned ally, Star Wars Rebels series just had their season premiere and last episode sported a rather dapper Kallus on Yavin 4, now a full Rebel member.
    From This:
    REB_IA_2790_8ff051fe.jpg

To This:
    SWR_S4_Kallus_1.png

And nobody cry spoiler, this info is almost a year old.

Kallus' face was never obscured. Also, his true character is what it is. He never was disloyal to the Empire when he was an active agent in earlier seasons of Rebels - he switched sides, that is not revealing his true face or side. So that part of the hint makes no sense.

Further more he was a familiar foe in Rebels, but not all players watch Rebels. For that part of the "hint" phrase, he has to be a familiar foe in regard to this game.

As for Inquisitor - yes Jedi Temple Guard is in the game, but certainly not a playable toon (unfortunately because I would rather enjoy that). Same with Kallus, he switched sides. The Grand Inquisitor fell from being Jedi to the dark side, usually out of fear of the consequence when the Empire took over the galaxy - he was not revealed to be anything other than a fallen Jedi - which there were many.

From the game's perspective the hint phrase best supports a new version of Kylo without his mask.
  • I'm hoping for Revan, he's an old foe (and friend) and we see his face in SWTOR
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    I'm going with kylo simply because in a lot of the promos for The Last Jedi, he's maskless showing off the scar.

Scarred Kylo
  • Boo wrote: »

Kallus' face was never obscured. Also, his true character is what it is. He never was disloyal to the Empire when he was an active agent in earlier seasons of Rebels - he switched sides, that is not revealing his true face or side. So that part of the hint makes no sense.

Further more he was a familiar foe in Rebels, but not all players watch Rebels. For that part of the "hint" phrase, he has to be a familiar foe in regard to this game.

As for Inquisitor - yes Jedi Temple Guard is in the game, but certainly not a playable toon (unfortunately because I would rather enjoy that). Same with Kallus, he switched sides. The Grand Inquisitor fell from being Jedi to the dark side, usually out of fear of the consequence when the Empire took over the galaxy - he was not revealed to be anything other than a fallen Jedi - which there were many.

From the game's perspective the hint phrase best supports a new version of Kylo without his mask.

While I do think it could be Kylo, I have to disagree with the bolded section above.

Kallus hid his face, voice and identity behind the Fulcrum guise while acting as an unknown double agent. While he was an active empire agent, working under Thrawn, he was leaking information to the rebellion.

Nothing about the hint says he has to be familiar to the game, that's just an interpretation
    But he's the oldest foe in rebels. Also fits for "old" meaning former.

He meets almost every definition for "old foe" and "revealing true face" other than literally wearing a mask.

Regardless of who it ends up being, I'll stand by the notion that he certainly fits the bill.
  • Its not gonna be Rey. She will be a Hero's Journey character.

Yeah I believe your right... It had her, foo, and kylo on it. Also wow I didn't know she was that tall lol

If by FOO you mean General Hux, then yes, you're right. xD
  • Kallus is a good guess....but he'd have to be a Rebel by that wording and there are already a lot of Rebels and he hasn't done much in the show as a Rebel, at least visually....what would his powerset even be, they haven't show him really fighting as a Rebel.

I'm going to go with Revan. He wore a mask....he switched sides...and they just released KOTOR for the Xbox One....there's some stuff going on over at SWTOR for this....so the timing would fit to release a KOTOR character ("THE" KOTOR character).
  • Vitiate!
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • I am going for Darth Malak or Revan for the KOTOR tie in.
  • Hologram palps face on a droid!
  • Palpatine (Rey's father) would be nice, I can definitely use another Palpatine
  • It's Poe

He's on the dark side of the movie poster and his name rhymes with 'foe'. ;)

Besides, who knows if the 'foe' is from a light side perspective? It could be old Luke for all we know. Or Rey with a revealed back-story, or an avenging Chewie. B)

From the dark side, it could be Snoke - if he in fact is someone known from before, lets say Palpatine, JarJar Binks or whomever. >:)
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    How 'bout Saw Gerrera? (Bor Gullet reveals)
    (don't take this serious i just wanna see him in the game)
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Grievous rework or palps zeta

My thoughts as well

I choose the Red Pill.
This discussion has been closed.