Please Fix Galactic War

I've played this game since launch. Galactic War has always been a challenge - and I mean that in a good way. But for the last several weeks, I have faced a full g12, zeta'd meta team (i.e. Raid Han, CLS, Thrawn GK - all maxed) starting on node 6. I don't even have 5 g12 toons on my entire roster.

I have enjoyed GW in the past, but when it takes 15-20 minutes per node due to the ridiculous scaling that has occurred lately, it leads me to believe that there is either something wrong with the algorithm calculating node power or that the expectation of time spent for what is becoming relatively weak rewards is not correctly balanced.

Please, either fix the matchup algorithm or make the rewards better for the amount of time the particular content takes.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• They know its broken and they like it that way. Apparently we're supposed to buy our way through it.
  • Is this an April Fools post, or did the nonsensical nature of GW actually finally cross a threshold that allowed you to notice?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    It’s crazy the range of difficulties people find in GW. I’m so bored due to its extremely easy nature and am sick of the 30mins I spend beating it every day. Yet here, a seasoned veteran, spends 20 minutes per “difficult” node.

Wonder why the difference in our experience. Do you not have Resistance?
  • My problem with GW is that it's very boring
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    My problem with GW is that it's very boring

Yes! I’ve played this game for just about a year, and that means I’ve done 365*12 nodes of battles (at least *12 for about 6 months). That means I’ve done 4380 of the same battles. It’s terrible. Were it not for the rewards...
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    It’s crazy the range of difficulties people find in GW. I’m so bored due to its extremely easy nature and am sick of the 30mins I spend beating it every day. Yet here, a seasoned veteran, spends 20 minutes per “difficult” node.

No. My resistance team is not geared up past 8. They would get creamed by the all g12 CLS teams I face.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • snowhut wrote: »
    Is this an April Fools post, or did the nonsensical nature of GW actually finally cross a threshold that allowed you to notice?

As I said, the sudden jump in all g12 teams starting on node 6 (they previously didn't start until node 9) just a couple of weeks ago is what prompted the post. I honestly think it's possible that the algorithm is bugged, as I have read that node 6 is supposed to be about equal to your arena team - yet I don't even have 5 heroes on my entire roster g12 - let alone ones that I run in my arena team.

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »

No. My resistance team is not geared up past 8. They would get creamed by the all g12 CLS teams I face.

TBH, you should give it a try (zeta on Finn of course). Resistance is more than viable at g8 for even day 6 of TB. Give them tm on node 1, optimizing TM gain on the winning shot by maximizing exposes for that final kill, and then send in the resistance for those hard to kill nodes. With some practice, g8 will get you through ANY team
  • Ender22 wrote: »

TBH, you should give it a try (zeta on Finn of course). Resistance is more than viable at g8 for even day 6 of TB. Give them tm on node 1, optimizing TM gain on the winning shot by maximizing exposes for that final kill, and then send in the resistance for those hard to kill nodes. With some practice, g8 will get you through ANY team

Lol - so that is all that Galactic War is now? A "Resistance Team check"? Perhaps I should change my feedback then. They just rename it "Resistance War" then so at least we know. Thanks for the tip.

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member

Lol - so that is all that Galactic War is now? A "Resistance Team check"? Perhaps I should change my feedback then. They just rename it "Resistance War" then so at least we know. Thanks for the tip.

That’s a gripe I tried to bring up. I’d hate to see a nerf on Resistance cuz they do help me get through it. I could spend all that time usin another team instead like you are doing, but I’m on the edge of my content handling. I’d rather shelf this old part of the game without losing the rewards (admittedly wanting rewards without time spent).