Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I have found this, "Full 7* Rey + 3000 crystals with 50$ google from Walmart", information on the internet. In my squad arena people are walking around with this 7* Rey! I´m in germany! Where can i find good promotions online or elsewhere? For something like this i would pay!
  • If you only saw the Japanese only Zeta packs!
  • I´m currently lvl 38, so i´m not interested in zeta packs! Promotions, anyone?
  • Should be made international soon. Just keep checking in for announcements.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    in before moved.

But I called this, they really need to separate IOS and Android when they offer something like this.

Old arena shards no big deal, younger ones all the sudden have a 7* Rey - its a flashback to a year ago or so when Nerf Rey was a common post as she OHKO your whole team. I feel bad for you if you just started, they should've put a level limit on that promotion

Edit - by separate I mean IOS or Android only arena shards - everything else in the game should be cross platform
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Should be made international soon. Just keep checking in for announcements.
    Where are the announcements?
  • Hiya!
    We'll let you know here (via dev news and announcements) when this goes live.
    Soon guys, hold tight!

Is there a new promotion coming up? I've only heard reference to something a couple of times, but in different threads.
  • Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So i buy a google gift card at walmart official site. Then when i redeem it on my phone a message pops up, which says Rey + this and that! Right? Does this work in germany?

Post edited by Deantron on
  • Bought two $10 gift cards from Wal-Mart.com. Got the first reward without a hitch. Second one never went thru, Google saying something about already having that in game item even thou it's suppose to have a limit of three.

Finally got my second $10 reward after about ten days of back and forth with EA help via email. Most of that was trying to get them to understand what the situation actually was before it was escalated and resolved with a "sorry for the inconvenience" message in my in game inbox.

For anyone still having issues with EA help, USE EMAIL. Don't use chat or phone. That way you can attach all Wal-Mart & Google related screenshots and explain (as of taking to a grade schooler, try bullet points) exactly what went wrong and what you need to have happen.
  • By the way, doesn´t work with paypal in other countries than usa! Don´t try it!
    I´ve heard that this promotion will go worldwide?
  • Mexi_Kenobi
    197 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Is there a limit to the number of times you get a bonus? I just bought another $25 card but didn't get any bonus this time....
  • Google is for poor people so makes sense.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Google is for poor people so makes sense.

Jealousy disguised as elitism is not pretty a good look. Just sayin.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Google and Walmart are partners through the Iot business VS. Amazon, that's why you have to buy it at Walmart.
  • Flex
    16 posts Member
    Hi,

Are these available outside the US? Can't find any info on it
  • Yeah it should say 'buy $50 gift card from xx locations for these countries'
  • Think of this argument like coke versus pepsi. So the superb owl comes around and pepsi wants more promotions. So they talk to the superbowl and ask how many ads did coke buy. They say 4 halftime commercials and 10 through the rest of the game. And pepsi says schedule us for 6 halftimes and 18 through the rest. Then coke calls the people after the game and says that's unfair you ran 6 pepsi commercials versus our 4. And the company says sure. They paid for 6 you only paid for 4. How is this unfair?
  • Is this deal still going? If so can you please let us know the end date & if there is a limit on how many times it can be redeemed. This sounds like a great deal & I dont want to miss out on it. @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Kozispoon

As far as I know it is and it's 3x per tier. 10/25/50$
  • Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players on Android that are looking to unlock or upgrade Rey (Scavenger) can do so now by purchasing Google Play gift cards available at retail locations around the world online HERE. Each Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes account can redeem this offer up to three times.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141920/reys-heros-journey#latest
  • Anyone can confirm it really works now for Canada (since the news release says it's worldwide)
  • Flex
    16 posts Member
    I only get usa retailers, no option to change country
  • Looks like only US retailers. Couldn't find a UK retailer on there...

Please let us know when uk/European retailers are selling these promotional cards.
  • do the cards look any different from the ones that are usually in my store?
  • Can anyone confirm if these work from best buy yet
  • Flex wrote: »
    I only get usa retailers, no option to change country

Did it manually (changed "en_us" in the URL for "en_ca") but seems they don't have any Google play gift cards at all on Walmart or Bestbuy...

• For canada, most of those are grocery stores and don<t sell the E version.... Best Buy does not seem to have them either...and for some reason Target says i cant buy them for my region.

Anyone able to get them somewhere for canada?
  • Text sounds like it's any gift card from any retailer world wide. Probably starting today. BUT we haven't heard from anyone yet that this is working and I'm pretty sure people redeem gift cards all the time. So, what are the international terms for this now?
  • Deran_Cosh
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It seems 'worldwide' does not count for Germany (Retailer: Deutsche Bank [listed under /de_de/ giftcard retailers], online purchase within the last 10 minutes, Value:25€, single Google Play Account, No ingame Mail, Nothing in the Google Play Store 'Promotions Tab', forced Client restart: still nothing)
  • Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players on Android that are looking to unlock or upgrade Rey (Scavenger) can do so now by purchasing Google Play gift cards available at retail locations around the world on online at here. Each Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes account can redeem this offer up to three times.

this is a quote from the Blog Post.
    "at retail locations around the world ON online at here"
    looks like a typo. either they meant "OR online", or they mistyped "ON" into that sentence.
    Kozi didnt type ON in her forum post, so it could mean both.
    would be nice, if she clarifies, if any card will work, or if there will be star wars branded cards, like she mentioned some weeks ago.
    also it would be nice to know, what the offer exactly includes for buying different cards, like 10, 25, 50
This discussion has been closed.