Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Thanks for giving us some improvements with management, I especially like the inbox access to guild leaders, is this just sending out a generic default message or the ability to send a customizable notification that can apply to other areas of the game?
  • So if you're in the US and working when the first few phases open, you don't get to play them is pretty much what they're saying? Except for the 1 special mission.
  • Great News! I am looking forward to the implementation!
  • These are a great start, for sure.

Some suggestions: "Contribution Max Lock" - this should be changed to be a percent or preferably an actual number we can enter example: "lock once 52 million is reached". Additionally, what gets locked should be optional as well "Lock combat missions and deployment mission; Lock deployment mission" etc.

So we can do things like: "Hmm, looks like 5 people still need to do their combat missions. Ok everyone deploy there until we hit 3M remaining from 2*, the rest will be filled by those combat missions" - we could lock using the deployment mission to prevent going over 3M remaining in that star etc, while still allowing deployments as part of doing a combat mission etc.

By forcing "contribution max lock" on at 3*, some territories will hit 3* before everyone has done combat missions, and those that miss out will appear as if they didn't contribute, when they would have later in the day etc. Which will make "Total Combat Waves completed" inaccurate as a metric for measuring participation vs roster power - all we would know is that someone didn't do a combat mission, but we couldn't tell if it was due to the territory filling before they could try or if they didn't try.
  • +1 to everything @Faydark posted above. He covers pretty much every concern of trying to maximize deployment and manage participation
  • Roger Roger!
  • For the love of God give us that block thing for raids too. Warn player to wait for a zero damage time and record misbehaving. That would be something tremendous. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please (with Shrek's cat eyes)
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • I don't know why they just don't give full control of the guild's rosters over to the guild leader and officers so they can just deploy and combat as they see fit. Maybe even drop the gameplay aspect of it entirely and replace the UI with a spreadsheet so the Excel warriors can have the most amazing gaming experience of their lives.
  • +1 @Faydark. We beat phase 1 in an hour it would lose alot of participation. Officers having the ability to stop deployment at certain times would be great. If i have 5 people left to battle n i can lock deployment to give them time to battles to not bleed over the 3rd star and waste 5 battles when the deployment could go in the other territory. Other than that awesome update for officers
  • snowhut wrote: »
    I don't know why they just don't give full control of the guild's rosters over to the guild leader and officers so they can just deploy and combat as they see fit. Maybe even drop the gameplay aspect of it entirely and replace the UI with a spreadsheet so the Excel warriors can have the most amazing gaming experience of their lives.

See this guy...this guy gets it.
  • Faydark
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    snowhut wrote: »
    I don't know why they just don't give full control of the guild's rosters over to the guild leader and officers so they can just deploy and combat as they see fit. Maybe even drop the gameplay aspect of it entirely and replace the UI with a spreadsheet so the Excel warriors can have the most amazing gaming experience of their lives.

Unsurprisingly, it's almost like that already ;).

In addition, there seems to be a lot of people who want maxed out rewards without actually doing anything for it. So, we have to track participation somehow, to make sure that the people who are putting in the effort aren't being penalised by people who are deliberately coasting. Maxed rewards means not just doing the combat missions (the "gameplay"), but doing them at appropriate times (after certain platoons are completed), along with deploying appropriately (you can miss a lot of stars by poor deployments).

So sure, if you're in a guild where no one really cares about how TB turns out, then by all means, play away how ever you wish. If you're in a guild where 45 members who take their gameplay seriously and expect to be playing with similarly minded people and you have 5 members who only make a casual effort, then you need some system of helping those 5 members not negatively effect the outcome for the other 45, that doesn't simply boil down to "kick them out of the guild".

Tools like the ones that officers and leaders are asking for and the devs are starting to provide give everyone a smoother and less frustrating experience in what is otherwise a very loosely async cooperative multiplayer experience.

These changes described here will allow us to do things like "Hey snowhut, I notice you haven't done any combat missions in 3B yet. Just letting you know so you don't miss out on that sweet sweet gameplay!" - and staving off the wrath of 49 other members who are waiting on you to do it so we can all "blow this thing and go home."

Members are relying on us to coordinate guild activities for a better outcome for all - and the current load on officers is overwhelming for many.
  • jr8972686
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie great updates, but it would be great to see a more custom block such as for specific platoons or preventing deployment until a specific time or the block is lifted. Mis-deployment or general wanton ignorance of orders is a major cause of missed stars in quite a few guilds. The territory-specific messages will help to clear that up, but without including deployments to the rougue action stat and warnings, people will still do as they please.
  • Nice updates but not the locking of a phase when 3 stars; what happens in Phase 1 if you don't wake up in time to contribute - at the end of the TB you maybe sitting on only 80 CM's and the leads think you are not pulling your weight
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Faydark wrote: »

In addition, there seems to be a lot of people who want maxed out rewards without actually doing anything for it. So, we have to track participation somehow, to make sure that the people who are putting in the effort aren't being penalised by people who are deliberately coasting. Maxed rewards means not just doing the combat missions (the "gameplay"), but doing them at appropriate times (after certain platoons are completed), along with deploying appropriately (you can miss a lot of stars by poor deployments).

So sure, if you're in a guild where no one really cares about how TB turns out, then by all means, play away how ever you wish. If you're in a guild where 45 members who take their gameplay seriously and expect to be playing with similarly minded people and you have 5 members who only make a casual effort, then you need some system of helping those 5 members not negatively effect the outcome for the other 45, that doesn't simply boil down to "kick them out of the guild".

Tools like the ones that officers and leaders are asking for and the devs are starting to provide give everyone a smoother and less frustrating experience in what is otherwise a very loosely async cooperative multiplayer experience.

These changes described here will allow us to do things like "Hey snowhut, I notice you haven't done any combat missions in 3B yet. Just letting you know so you don't miss out on that sweet sweet gameplay!" - and staving off the wrath of 49 other members who are waiting on you to do it so we can all "blow this thing and go home."

Before you would have to harass and motivate those 5 slackers to do their combat, but now you get to constantly remind 45 serious players to hold their deployments until the last minute. Sounds like a huge upgrade
  • I want a character auto fill button for characters I will always use for platoons because I'm lazy. But still awesome tools for us officers, thank you for listening to us.
  • Faydark wrote: »

Members are relying on us to coordinate guild activities for a better outcome for all - and the current load on officers is overwhelming for many.

Ha ha ha u know what part of my post this is ha ha
  • a new leaderboard called "Rogue Actions"

this is one of the best part
    RoXoN -KanjiKlub Indonesia-
    --- 819459164 ---

Through power, I gain victory. The force shall free me
  • Alarin wrote: »
    Please don’t implement the contribution max lock.

It needs to be optional, to be implemented by officers/leader.

Competition is the only way to keep members engaged in TB in the long run, and the competition for “114 waves completed” is the big one.

Please don’t take this away!!

If you are 3 starring a phase before the missions are done then your guild is doing it wrong. That’s wasting points. Unless you guys are just so good you don’t need to be efficient to finish everything.

But yes, I agree with this.

Well, I agree with later phases but in phases 1 and 2 you can easily 3-star a territory without deployments just from points gained in combat missions.

However, for me, I am fine with this. Lol, its not like I am against doing less combat missions than we do now.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Maybe it will work, but at the begining it will be a mess. Players are so different, some are fast to adapt to new things, some are fully in Resistance for learning. also i agree about this behaviour that players are trying to max their gp contribution and number of waves finished. It is like internal competition. They will be disapointed if they wont be able to do all the content couse phase will be locked....
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Goodbye Thunderdome, and thank you.

40Pefcz.gif
  • First, THANK YOU! @CG_Carrie Loving the tool kit you're working on here.

I'd like to second/third/whatever all the people who've asked that the CM/Deployment lock be officer controlled so we can choose when to lock a territory. It would be great to leave it open for people who like to play when there's no reason not to. Why take gameplay away from our members in the first phases especially. Because this...
    Faydark wrote: »
    What gets locked should be optional as well "Lock combat missions and deployment mission; Lock deployment mission" etc.

By forcing "contribution max lock" on at 3*, some territories will hit 3* before everyone has done combat missions, and those that miss out will appear as if they didn't contribute when they would have later in the day etc. Which will make "Total Combat Waves completed" inaccurate as a metric for measuring participation vs roster power - all we would know is that someone didn't do a combat mission, but we couldn't tell if it was due to the territory filling before they could try or if they didn't try.

And for some, more importantly, this....
    Gawejn wrote: »
    It is like internal competition. They will be disappointed if they won't be able to do all the content because the phase will be locked....

We like competing against ourselves. Waves completed. Total GP contributed. We're a competitive bunch.

Regarding this:
    4bn7kr2yw4s9.png

Is it possible for this message to actually say the order rather than just directing members to check the table? That would be amazebulls.

Also... "Rogue Actions" :D

Oh, and I notice this will drop with Territory Wars update. So... when's that coming? B)
  • Looks good!

As others have mentioned, please rethink the contribution lock. Make it "clever", so it only locks if there is still somewhere else to use those toons. Also, give officers to do this, or at least unlock combat again. No need to lock combat if we know those TP won't help us win a star in the other territory.

More importantly, this doesn't seem to help with platoons. Platoons usually require high level of math to figure out what combinations of Lobot and ewoks we should fill to max it out as best we can. I was hoping for a tool to see ingame what swgoh.gg gives us: an overview of how many, and who can fill that slot. And especially, a way of blocking particular platoons from being filled. The guild leader block mentions it at mission level. Not at individual platoon level.
  • +1 @Faydark about choosing a max cap yourselves to leave room for people who compete in combat missions later.

Awesome update. LOVE Rogue Actions tracking

+1,000,000 to @Ronoaldo
    Please implement these controls for raid monitoring and managing as well. Many would like to come up with their own rules or systems. For example, “one phase every 12 hrs” or “get as close to 1 million without going over” or “no solos on Rancor before this time”. Having a way to track and punish Raid Rogues would be amazing.
  • Very cool additions I think.

But either Territory Wars are closer than I thought or this still future stuffs...
  • Where can I learn more about Territory Wars and the potential release date?
  • jr8972686 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie great updates, but it would be great to see a more custom block such as for specific platoons or preventing deployment until a specific time or the block is lifted. Mis-deployment or general wanton ignorance of orders is a major cause of missed stars in quite a few guilds. The territory-specific messages will help to clear that up, but without including deployments to the rougue action stat and warnings, people will still do as they please.

(emphasis added)

These tools are a great help. They're not intended to deal with players deliberately ignoring orders (as noted, there's a warning but it can be overridden). The way to deal with guild members who deliberately ignore orders is to kick them out, not ask CG for more changes.
  • if a teritory is 3 star then it becomes locked. Please alow us to participate in it once again when the other one is 3 stared. some guilds kick last 2-3 in contribution and get new players so if I wake up late and all P1 P2 and P3 ar 3 stars then I can't participate > get a low score and might make it at the end of the list

Thank you
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Looks good!

As others have mentioned, please rethink the contribution lock. Make it "clever", so it only locks if there is still somewhere else to use those toons. Also, give officers to do this, or at least unlock combat again. No need to lock combat if we know those TP won't help us win a star in the other territory.

More importantly, this doesn't seem to help with platoons. Platoons usually require high level of math to figure out what combinations of Lobot and ewoks we should fill to max it out as best we can. I was hoping for a tool to see ingame what swgoh.gg gives us: an overview of how many, and who can fill that slot. And especially, a way of blocking particular platoons from being filled. The guild leader block mentions it at mission level. Not at individual platoon level.

Oh, and one more thing.

@CG_Carrie will the stats be viewable after TB is over? It's really irritating to have to screenshot everything at the last moment of P6...
  • "We wanted to follow up with you to let you know what those tools are, and when you can expect to see them in the game."

And yet you don't tell us when we will see them in the game?
This discussion has been closed.