Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• @CG_Carrie would you guys consider adding a tool that lets Guild Leaders and Officers see who is able to donate certain characters to platoons? It would be most helpful for those more rare toons i.e. TIE Reaper, Lobot, Paploo, etc.
  • I'd possibly add one more thing to the *lvl lock out.. if someone has say, 1.3M to deploy and we only need 600K to reach lockout, a message should pop up saying "You are deploying more than is required, do you want to continue?"
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • THIS IS AMAZING +∞
  • Ignatz_Festus
    61 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    80M GP Guild, everyone participates or gets kicked. They aren’t just cats, they are zombie cats - you can’t reason with them or stop them, they just keep going.

Concerned about the lock like many others. We’ll see how it works.

Third party tools (Discord, swgoh.gg) do a lot to help officers with platoons but getting people to listen or think is our challenge. Put 6 star Logray in Platoon 1 and people start filling it even when it’s announced that it’s a dead platoon that we will never fill.

This should at least help but you can’t fix st up id. That’s what the kick button is for.
  • @Kyno maybe a "submit a service ticket" for these buggy battles should be next
  • Am I playing this game or the officers????? Can’t tell.
  • Very good update, thanks devs!
  • Overall great to see some qol on tb.
    Still think deployment is more of an issue than combat.
    In my guild going rouge is deploying the wrong place
  • Wolf999 wrote: »
    Am I playing this game or the officers????? Can’t tell.

If only everybody could actually work out the ramifications of their actions @Wolf999
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Palladin wrote: »
    Kyno maybe a "submit a service ticket" for these buggy battles should be next

But how would you click it..... :wink:

• Just a few more things we need so we can manage TBs easier...

1. Deployment Lock at 1* or 2*: so we don't have **** doing CMs in the wrong area.

2. CMW lock after a certain time, so we know who's doing them late and hence penalise.

3. Optional "clearance" option (Lock all CMs until a member is cleared for CMs)

4. at the end of TB, DM a list of the bottom 10 for CMWs, total TP contribution and all the "rogue action" members.

This would make TB management easier.
  • Looking good. Please note, coordination of 50 members takes not only messages to all members, but often messages to individual members. For instance, we only have a few 7-star Lobots. This can limit how many platoons we can complete in p5 and p6 and so person-specific instructions for which place to put one of those Lobots may be necessary. Still, very encouraging starting point.
  • It would be FANTASTIC if we could set the star count for the Contribution Max Lock. For instance, if we know that we're realistically we're not going to get more than 2 stars, we could lock it at 2 stars, so that our guild would put effort into the other territory once we've reached it. We could even set one territory to 1 star, and the other to 2, and then raise the lock on the first one once 2 is reached in the second.
  • I’m trying to figure out who would be requesting these features. We can break these tools into 4 features: Phase Contributions View, Guild Orders, Guild Order Notifications, and Contribution Max Lock. If I assume that the notifications are only applicable to the guild orders as discussed, the only feature that I’m remotely interested in is the Phase Contributions View, but we already collect all of that data. I think Guild Orders on combat missions is useless which makes any notification of this equally as good (if you change it to apply only to deployments, I’m completely onboard). And as a lot of people have said, Contribution Max Lock is a horrible idea if it is automatic and can’t be bypassed. I just don't understand anyone's desire for 3/4 of these features.

There have been a lot of people on here saying how great these features are and I don’t understand. Here’s what I’d like to know:
    - Do you run your guild’s TB?
    - What is the rough GP of your guild (you can round to nearest 5-10mil)?
    - Roughly what percentage of your guild participates in TB?
    I can see a lot of guilds being interested in Phase Contributions View, but I don’t understand who would be requesting the rest of this or think it's great.

Please let me know.

- I run my guilds TB strat, and we are a 41* guild as well.
    - 110 million GP
    - 100% of our guild participates in TB, as I'm sure any guild over 36 stars does.

Opinion on the 4 features?
    1) Phase contributions View - Agree, needed and appreciated.
    2) Guild Orders - Here I disagree, I like the ability to lock combats - IE once a zone reaches 2 stars (phase 5), it is nice to be able to put a stop until we 3* the bottom territory
    3) Guild Order Notifications - Agree, It isn't enough to make us stop using Line or Discord
    4) Contribution MAX lock - COMPLETELY agree!

@CG_Carrie - Please don't take away content from us, the internal competition for max combat waves is VERY important for some, a reason to really concentrate on playing, and in an international independent guild, like ours (with members from all over the States, Europe, Japan, Puerto Rico) it is a terrible idea. Make the lock optional. Thanks!

- Dave (TB "Numbers" guy for The Hateful 88)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    These seem like very good changes, with the exception of the 3* auto-lock. It seems very unnecessary given that we can now mark combat missions with a soft lock. I'm hoping that it is tweaked such that a) it only applies when the other territory is < 3* and b) to deployment only.
    I especially like the "soft lock" on missions. Good visual aid, it's not absolute, and everyone can see those that went against the grain. Communication was the weak spot of TB, and these simple additions will help immensely, even before the addition of Order messages.
    Extended Stats are also very welcome. Our guild record keeper will be very happy.
    I'm hoping my role as officer will go from herding cats to herding cattle now :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Could it be made so that you can lock platoons as well so that member would only be able to donate to the ones that are doable and not to ones that are impossible? Because it would seem that reading and thinking is not a strong suit of most people, in my guild at least....
  • There is a difference between tools to help the guild as a whole in tb and tools to help control freaks and kick crazy officers and leaders it seems like the later is the case w a bunch of posters in this thread. I mean it seems like alot of u just want control of the tb and forget the guild altogether. The tools will help but it wasn't that hard to begin w if u delegated and explain your strategy in approaching it right and after doing it a couple of times. I hope that officers and leaders don't take this as a way to kick people from guilds. I have seen stuff like if u don't participate in tb u get kicked or miss a combat mission it's a game people have stuff to do it is supposed to be relaxing not stressful. I mean I just read a post the other day a person was quitting the game cause his grandpa had cancer and his guild kicked him for stupid stuff. I don't understand stand why it is important to have a rogues list in the game other than to Sew dissent among players u are forced to join a guild to get certain gear and rewards but if u want to play a combat mission u can't. I get the strategy but what about the fun of playing if that is the case then give the officers all of the control and let me collect my reward. Btw I'm an officer and pretty much coordinate w other officers and actual guild mate on the tb we take a shift that works us tell the other person at the end of a he shift what is what take about two platoons a piece to fill tell about ten guild members to also be responsible for filling cause since we explained it the firy couple of times they know what to do same w deployment no spread sheets no being on all day.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    My guild has been waiting 6 hours to fight in the south because the last person with a 7* lobot has an "underage" account and can't see in game messages.

Is there any way by the twin suns of tatooine you could hotfix it to where these accounts can at least see the MOTD?
  • There is a difference between tools to help the guild as a whole in tb and tools to help control freaks and kick crazy officers and leaders it seems like the later is the case w a bunch of posters in this thread. I mean it seems like alot of u just want control of the tb and forget the guild altogether. The tools will help but it wasn't that hard to begin w if u delegated and explain your strategy in approaching it right and after doing it a couple of times. I hope that officers and leaders don't take this as a way to kick people from guilds. I have seen stuff like if u don't participate in tb u get kicked or miss a combat mission it's a game people have stuff to do it is supposed to be relaxing not stressful. I mean I just read a post the other day a person was quitting the game cause his grandpa had cancer and his guild kicked him for **** stuff. I don't understand stand why it is important to have a rogues list in the game other than to Sew dissent among players u are forced to join a guild to get certain gear and rewards but if u want to play a combat mission u can't. I get the strategy but what about the fun of playing if that is the case then give the officers all of the control and let me collect my reward. Btw I'm an officer and pretty much coordinate w other officers and actual guild mate on the tb we take a shift that works us tell the other person at the end of a he shift what is what take about two platoons a piece to fill tell about ten guild members to also be responsible for filling cause since we explained it the firy couple of times they know what to do same w deployment no spread sheets no being on all day.

you are kidding.

seriously, how many stars does your guild get? 25? Unless you're happy with a pathetic ability-to-reward ratio we have to herd cattle, force punishments, kick those who miss deployments or CMs, and boot low contributors.

I dunno about you but it's important to make sure the guild gets more rewards even if it means kicking/booting lower end players. TB is a game mode un-carryable by a strong few (think hAAT)
  • Shaolin_Fantastic_1
    642 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    There is a difference between tools to help the guild as a whole in tb and tools to help control freaks and kick crazy officers and leaders it seems like the later is the case w a bunch of posters in this thread. I mean it seems like alot of u just want control of the tb and forget the guild altogether. The tools will help but it wasn't that hard to begin w if u delegated and explain your strategy in approaching it right and after doing it a couple of times. I hope that officers and leaders don't take this as a way to kick people from guilds. I have seen stuff like if u don't participate in tb u get kicked or miss a combat mission it's a game people have stuff to do it is supposed to be relaxing not stressful. I mean I just read a post the other day a person was quitting the game cause his grandpa had cancer and his guild kicked him for **** stuff. I don't understand stand why it is important to have a rogues list in the game other than to Sew dissent among players u are forced to join a guild to get certain gear and rewards but if u want to play a combat mission u can't. I get the strategy but what about the fun of playing if that is the case then give the officers all of the control and let me collect my reward. Btw I'm an officer and pretty much coordinate w other officers and actual guild mate on the tb we take a shift that works us tell the other person at the end of a he shift what is what take about two platoons a piece to fill tell about ten guild members to also be responsible for filling cause since we explained it the firy couple of times they know what to do same w deployment no spread sheets no being on all day.

you are kidding.

seriously, how many stars does your guild get? 25? Unless you're happy with a pathetic ability-to-reward ratio we have to herd cattle, force punishments, kick those who miss deployments or CMs, and boot low contributors.

I dunno about you but it's important to make sure the guild gets more rewards even if it means kicking/booting lower end players. TB is a game mode un-carryable by a strong few (think hAAT)

Not kidding at all rather if u get 5 or 45 stars it doesn't take all that. " herd cattle" kick low end player no are u kidding it's a game more importantly a game that u don't get paid to play your reward is made up kitten in the game again it's a freaking game if u and your like that sort of stuff to each is own but if someone in our guild misses something in the game the solution is not to kick them out and the point of my retort was to point out that a lot of people want the officers tool not to help but to control more. It's a game are u serious people have real life kitten to do than spend unnecessary time because of other people inability to manage and delegate "herd cattle" really?
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Fantastic stuff!
    I think the entire control system for the leader and the officers need to be reworked also! Also, right now we have to use Discord to establish the needed communication with all the members. No billboards or enough text potential in game force us to do it that way which is unfortunate I think. And seriously, what's with the non possibility to copy text in the chat?? Still love the game though!
  • There is a difference between tools to help the guild as a whole in tb and tools to help control freaks and kick crazy officers and leaders it seems like the later is the case w a bunch of posters in this thread. I mean it seems like alot of u just want control of the tb and forget the guild altogether. The tools will help but it wasn't that hard to begin w if u delegated and explain your strategy in approaching it right and after doing it a couple of times. I hope that officers and leaders don't take this as a way to kick people from guilds. I have seen stuff like if u don't participate in tb u get kicked or miss a combat mission it's a game people have stuff to do it is supposed to be relaxing not stressful. I mean I just read a post the other day a person was quitting the game cause his grandpa had cancer and his guild kicked him for **** stuff. I don't understand stand why it is important to have a rogues list in the game other than to Sew dissent among players u are forced to join a guild to get certain gear and rewards but if u want to play a combat mission u can't. I get the strategy but what about the fun of playing if that is the case then give the officers all of the control and let me collect my reward. Btw I'm an officer and pretty much coordinate w other officers and actual guild mate on the tb we take a shift that works us tell the other person at the end of a he shift what is what take about two platoons a piece to fill tell about ten guild members to also be responsible for filling cause since we explained it the firy couple of times they know what to do same w deployment no spread sheets no being on all day.

you are kidding.

Not kidding at all rather if u get 5 or 45 stars it doesn't take all that. " herd cattle" kick low end player no are u kidding it's a game more importantly a game that u don't get paid to play your reward is made up **** in the game again it's a freaking game if u and your like that sort of stuff to each is own but if someone in our guild misses something in the game the solution is not to kick them out and the point of my retort was to point out that a lot of people want the officers tool not to help but to control more. It's a game are u serious people have real life **** to do than spend unnecessary time because of other people inability to manage and delegate "herd cattle" really?

well to each their own, I guess.

In my guild we enforce strict Tb requirements, tix rules etc. and enforce strict rules. Break them multiple times and you get demoted DURING TB, otherwise after TB. We are getting 35* this TB, which isn't too shabby (we just kicked someone who cost us a star, and are 4 mil off another star in 2A).
  • scuba wrote: »
    Hmm... Maybe it is just me but these are not the tools I was looking for.

I want:
    Officer applied Lock to specific platoons from filling
    Officer applied lock to deployment
    In game message board that any officer can change so current directives can be seen at any point/time.

Officer applied means we can lock and then unlock them.

The stats update is good but that is about it.

Your tools do not stop deployment to the wrong territory
    Example if I want the Guild to only deploy south there is nothing stopping them from deploying middle.

Yep locks on specific platoons! I write in chat don't fill platoons 5&6 and people still do it! They waste chars when it needs 6* Logray no-one has or a reaper,falcon or Kylos ship. None of us have them at even 4*. Also want to lock a stage after 1*. We're lucky to get 2 or 3 areas to 2*. We need a lock on 1 at 1* so everything can then go to the lowest number area to hopefully get 2*.
  • So when can we expect this to be released @CG_Carrie?
  • How about get rid of carbantis 4s from rewards on tb. Just a disgrace. No one uses them. No point doing tb. For crap rewards.
  • This is great news! Thanks dev's for getting these tools worked out for us guild leaders! Will save lots of time and streamline the process much better.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Contribution Max Lock: Once a territory has reached 3 stars in Territory Battles, players will no longer be able to participate in the deploy and combat missions on that territory. This has been a frequent ask to prevent players from accidentally wasting their potential contribution. Platoon Missions and Special Missions will still be available.

@CG_Carrie Good Morning. Just another Guild Leader / TB Manager adding his name to the list of those asking that the 'Contribution Max Lock' either be guild optional or not apply to Combat Missions.
    Meatbag
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    I’m glad you re doing things to make the officers job much easier. This still doesn’t make Tb fun though. It’s still just a huge time sink and a whole lot of time commitment to a mobile game.

Then stop playing!
  • scuba wrote: »
    Hmm... Maybe it is just me but these are not the tools I was looking for.

I want:
    Officer applied Lock to specific platoons from filling
    Officer applied lock to deployment
    In game message board that any officer can change so current directives can be seen at any point/time.

Officer applied means we can lock and then unlock them.

The stats update is good but that is about it.

Your tools do not stop deployment to the wrong territory
    Example if I want the Guild to only deploy south there is nothing stopping them from deploying middle.

This!!! I also want to know how many waves each guildie managed for each combat/special mission.
  • Wolf999 wrote: »
    Am I playing this game or the officers????? Can’t tell.

If only the officers could play the game for everyone my job would be so much easier...
This discussion has been closed.