GK (lead), zBariss, zR2 (number crunch) how do you beat it

Tromedlov13
1559 posts Member
edited October 2017
So facing a team in final stage of GW. GK lead, CLS, zBariss, zR2 (number crunch), Nihilus. All gear 12, God mods (100+ speed on everyone).

With GK lead and R2 zeta number crunch GK has over 100K protection and over 42K health. Which means every critical hit heals 8400 health. With the 70% defense bonus from his lead he is taking about 55% of usual damage from attacks. My han that usually hit for 18+K is hitting for 10k and then 5k on his basic, which means GK actually gains health when he is attacked by one of the best DPS toons in the game.

I have my zFinn Res team ready to go and several very high geared synergy teams including my CLS top 50 most days arena team and a good Nihilus Sith team to avoid critical hits that activate GK and zBariss uniques

With any team other than Sith (that team doesn't have tm saved) after first hit (trying to take out Bariss) GK taunts. Then R2 hides Bariss. After about two full rounds and most of my team ready to die, I get rid of the 100K protection, but then it doesn't matter, with all the defense I can barely remove any of his health. I can't get any debuffs to stick on GK (bad RNG I think). R2 is so fast that Bariss is either hidden behind GK taunt or stealthed by R2. I've even tried to use a bunch of tanks to keep Nihilus alive long enough to annihilate GK first, but he never makes it to Annihilate.

What am I missing to beat this team? Is there any way to beat this team. I am about to give up even though I have finished GW every day for a while.

Whoever's team this is gets major props from me for being insane.

Edit: I added a fourth tank and got to Annihilate and took out Bariss (barely before they killed RG, Sith Trooper, Old Ben and Shore (all level 85, 7* (except Sith t at 5*) and at least gear 10), after that my arena team took the rest out easy.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    I ever have a 100% tm maul ready for hard nodes, usually can kill them using zader+Palpatine+nihilus and either han(stun), han-Tank(TM), TFP (aoe removing TM/buff block to kill barris leaving GK) or even my G8 trawn (fracture CLS or whatever).
    Stacking dots+continous tm removal from zader leader usually allow me to make 2 rounds before they can attack me (or counter thanks to daze) and then palpa usually can stun a few of them and let the magic still flow... XD its hard and i usually have to restart a few times until i get good RNG trying diferent combinations of targets/skills/toons...
    A lot of times im able to kill them all with that team witout being even touched (not more than +70 sped on my toons and they all G10-11), sometimes i get bad RNG and just kill 1-2 toons... But doesnt matter, after his key toons are dead i usually can kill them with wiggs team, AA/leia (surprisingly good counting on my AA g9, BB g8, and leia (single damage source of this squad) g9)

For my a TM loaded maul, St-han, trawn (even at G8) and OB are key pieces to be able to beat all those OP teams in 3 last nodes... As well as half tm loaded zader team and rebels who i use alonycthe whole GW.

Hope it would help someone trough GW, who becomest hardest everyday... XD
  • Options
    Palpatine
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    So facing a team in final stage of GW. GK lead, CLS, zBariss, zR2 (number crunch), Nihilus. All gear 12, God mods (100+ speed on everyone).

I don't know why I face this sort of teams (all G12 and 70-100+ speed as well) when I only have 7 G11 characters, therefore it's particularly tough for me. I normally send my suicide teams, those low level, no gear characters to die first and hopefully the enemy blow all their cooldowns; important one is R2 blowing his smokescreen in the first round.
    And then I send my Jedi team who is my B team with only 1 G11 and 2 G10 Jedi with Thrawn. Thrawn fractures GK and the rest will hope they can take down CLS and that Zarris doesn't heal. Keep retreating until they do. Jedi foresight works well with CLS trying to hit them. If there's a raid Han in the enemy composition, I probably won't bother. Either this or I just use my arena team with G11 Chaze+Wiggs with Thrawn. I fracture GK and go to town on CLS. Taking down enemy CLS will defeat either my A or B teams. Hopefully after CLS goes down, I still have enough to take down R2 or another character.
    Next GK has to die, only 1 answer to that Nihilus. My Nihilus is G8, so I have to protect him with a number of tanks or tanky characters. Once enemy GK gets annihilated. The rest are easy to clean up. EP led Sith team go in and clear up zBarris and whoever remains.
    Takes about 30mins to 1 hour trying to clear the last node which is insane, most of which spent on retreating on finding the best RNG. I can see how those who are busier with commitments in life won't bother with this. And one has to question if GW is working as intended. Especially now when the no-CLS users have to face CLS in GW on a daily basis.
  • Options
    cw8 wrote: »

I don't know why I face this sort of teams (all G12 and 70-100+ speed as well) when I only have 7 G11 characters, therefore it's particularly tough for me. I normally send my suicide teams, those low level, no gear characters to die first and hopefully the enemy blow all their cooldowns; important one is R2 blowing his smokescreen in the first round.
    And then I send my Jedi team who is my B team with only 1 G11 and 2 G10 Jedi with Thrawn. Thrawn fractures GK and the rest will hope they can take down CLS and that Zarris doesn't heal. Keep retreating until they do. Jedi foresight works well with CLS trying to hit them. If there's a raid Han in the enemy composition, I probably won't bother. Either this or I just use my arena team with G11 Chaze+Wiggs with Thrawn. I fracture GK and go to town on CLS. Taking down enemy CLS will defeat either my A or B teams. Hopefully after CLS goes down, I still have enough to take down R2 or another character.
    Next GK has to die, only 1 answer to that Nihilus. My Nihilus is G8, so I have to protect him with a number of tanks or tanky characters. Once enemy GK gets annihilated. The rest are easy to clean up. EP led Sith team go in and clear up zBarris and whoever remains.
    Takes about 30mins to 1 hour trying to clear the last node which is insane, most of which spent on retreating on finding the best RNG. I can see how those who are busier with commitments in life won't bother with this. And one has to question if GW is working as intended. Especially now when the no-CLS users have to face CLS in GW on a daily basis.

+1 to this.

GW is a chore now. And I'm getting strong teams with G12 units before node 11 making it that much more tedious. So for me now, I just beat node 11 - which takes long enough some nights - and leave at that. Is a virtual guarantee every day that node 12 will be CLS, Thrawn, and 3 other uber-modded beasts. Not fun at all.

Hope the devs take a look at making GW just a bit easier or find a way to mix up the opponent teams in the last couple of nodes? I've seen enough CLS for the rest of my natural life.
  • Options
    The key to the GK led team with Zarris (which I run in arena btw) is either Nihilus lead to kill Zarris and then come in with another team to wipe up. Or you can come in with a strong CLS team. CLS can put buff immunity on GK, then after you hit Zarris the first time, she gains crit immunity. Take her out. Warrior has a video on it.
  • Options
    I think a Resistance team with all TM loaded (i. e. Finish the last battle by killing the last dude with at least 2 expose on him), it should be a (slow) walk in the park. If you have BB8, he requires no gear nor mods, that's a welcome break :)

I use the Barriss team to do GW every day, almost all on auto, and the only teams that require a bit of care are Nihilus and Vader (culling blade is still very potent).

One small tip that we forget easily is that Barriss cleanses the weakest guy every turn. And gets TM on each crit, so she does that often. So you took lots of efforts to stun Nihilus, just to see him un-stunned at the 11th hour and Drain Force your whole team... So try to hit another toon to keep Nihilus stunned, and not the weakest.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    experiment(vs without-R2)

https://youtu.be/EvFytQJwxAY
  • Options
    EP + MamaT ... plague + shock absolutely mutilates this team. Best debuff combo in the game. Once they are both on you, you're done. You can't gain health, you don't gain buffs, you don't gain TM, and it can't be cleansed. The team melts / withers away very easy. Incredibly fun combo.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin lead for the speed bonus, Thrawn, DT, GK, DN. Fracture DN first, increase CD with DT and DN. Get rid of DN as fast as possible. Focus on the rest. The purpose is to fracture DN before R2 use Smoke Screen.
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    I forgot about MT. I could use her. I just spent 40 minutes to beat GK + zBarris on last node.
  • Options
    Well, my failsafe method is to use a Rex lead, with R2 (both zeta), GK, Nihilus, Thrawn squad. First annihilate should be their nihilus, then CLS, then it just doesnt matter, usually I fracture CLS first, since with Rex im pretty confident that my Nihilus is faster than their.
  • Options
    Break node 12 - it's the only way I was able to beat this team (by getting a slightly weaker version without the completely insane mods like you see on Node 12).
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I fight fire with fire.

GK (L) Zarris, DN, zR2, Han Zolo

Stun most dangerous target on other team with OH Han. DN or R2. Then work on lowering health on players until DN is ready to go boom.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I beat it very easily with a current meta team. Fracture GK then hit zBariss. She gains immunity to critical hits. Hit her until she’s dead.

Admittedly, it’s a very hard team to beat if you do not have a meta team or a weaker team.
  • Options
    I've been working up my Phoenix Squad and they have started to allow me to beat the node 12 again.
    Granted I've worked them up more than many would suggest on the forum.
    Hera G10
    Kanan G12 Zeta
    Zeb G11 Zeta
    Ezra G11 Zeta
    Chopper G10
    Sabine G8

Kanan can really take a beating with his healing 25% when debuffed (His Zeta speeds his turn meter gains and foresight shields himself and ally.
    I've been most surprised by Zeb's Zeta. However it works best when set up properly. (Survive long enough for him to take 4 turns to get +40% offense from Ezra unique... Need enemy to NOT have any debuffs, Need enemy to have a buff. Bonus if he has offense up buff (+50%) but then it has done some insane damage for me. When enemy doesn't have debuff and has a buff it does Double damage, +20% health damage, Ignores Armor. When playing with it I have seen close to 60k damage. When used with Sabine and her armor shred (which doesn't count as a debuff)
    Ezra's Zeta makes him crazy with attacks. Initial attack on non buffed enemy gives +75% turn meter + 20% from Hera's unique. So that is 95% turn meter gain (115% if he is not at full health) Next using his called assist on Hera or chopper which gives 40% turn meter + 20% additional. - starts to get crazy =)
  • Options
    Nihilist leader is the theoretic counter to both barris and gk, but i target gk teams in arena because my zader eats it like cheese, zader/thrawn/nihilist/sidious/tarkin
    The dots go through defense and eat barris/gk alive and thrawn fracture on gk lets you ignore him
  • Options
    If you have a resistance team, use poe's taunt while targeting GK so he can't taunt, then very slowly take down barriss, who will get crit immunity. If you do it right no one will take a turn. If barriss doesn't get exposed, hut another exposed enemy just to get the TM, but concentrate on barriss all you can. After she's dead, game's over
  • Options
    This is the one team my Phoenix team can't ever beat. R12 zHera and zSabine, R11 zKannan, plus r11 Zeb and Ezra. The crits pull me back to GK and heal him and eventually Nihilius starts one-shotting from behind the tank shield.

I'm thinking a Nihilius sith team of comparable level would win. They can't crit, so GK can't tank and eventually Nihilius will one-shot Barris and the house of cards will fall.

You will love once you zeta Ezra and Zeb. As I was mentioning above, Ezra turn meter gains are next level. And Zeb can do unbelievable damage with his zeta, like almost one shot kill damage.

I also look forward to experimenting with using only 2 Phoenix members in other teams... Specifically chopper grouped with any of the others. Forcing his chances of reducing cooldowns to 50/50 chance at targeting whichever character you group with him.
  • C_Sandurz
    84 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You need to kill R2 first, then Nihilus. After that, you take down Barriss at your lesiure. This is the best way. Ideally you fracture GK if you can, but I have gotten away with using buff immunity on GK while I killed R2 and Nihilus. Again though, R2 should be your first target to get rid of the extra health/protection and that annoying stealth before you work through the rest of them. If you don't have Thrawn, I would probably try to keep Nihilus stunned (after R2 was dead) while I worked on Barriss.
    I hated the GK/Zarriss combo until I figured this out. Now I beat them quickly.
  • Options
    Thrawn + Nihilus = Death to GK +Barriss.
    Fracture GK, go to town on Barriss. She'll get crit immunity quickly and won't even heal.
    Annihilate GK with Nihilus and the rest is cake.