Weekly dev/news report #2 (29/10/17)

Waez
286 posts Member
If you're unfamiliar with this, the goal of this post is to provide insights on the game by tracking (and sharing with you) all dev comments/information that don't appear on "official" channels.
This includes any dev activity from Reddit, this Forum and the Answers HQ!

The previous report is available here: Link

This time I'll add links to improve clarity and traceability. Just clicked the underlined "Link" text to access the source.

- Capgasp commented on the Secrets & Shadows event's mechanics and clarified 3 things Link:

1) Sidious and Nihilus are immune to stun to avoid trivializing the event.
2) High protection bosses are meant to be a challenge and force you to adapt your strategy (wink Plague wink)
3) You CAN resurrect from Nihilus' Annihilate in this event. It adds a layer of strategic thinking and outplay possibilities.

- Mother Talzin's assist should call herself to assist to, according to the wording. But it is not currently the case in-game. Players speculated that this may have been a bug, but Kozi confirmed it was WAI, so probably a wording error. Link

- You may have noticed a huge suggestion thread going on in the forums. CG has finally commented on it, and here is Kozi's statement Link
This is chock full of great and interesting content and focus points. Definitely appreciate all of you who've taken the time to weigh in on this thread. Some of these suggestions we agree with and some we don't. We have plenty of these asks being worked on for a future update and others we're not going to be able to get to, but we'll always try to meet as many expectations as we can.

- Kozi confirmed that the Emperor's Finest packs (80 shards for 19.99€/$) will not return for this R2 event. They may return in the future, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Link

- RyDiggs confirmed that the TB rewards are currently WAI. Some players had been reporting bad rewards in higher Star counts, which led to some frustration. It's apparently not an issue. Link

- As this subject has been discussed, I just wanted to remind everyone that the TB "Freeze" bug has its very own thread on Answers HQ, the new bug report website. I strongly suggest to post here if you have experienced the bug, as CG currently doesn't know what's causing it. Link

- I also wanted to give a quick reminder that CG_Leviathan has joined the dev team early October and is working on helping CG_LucifersDaddy with player hacking and creating new counter-hack tools. The thread also describes what to do if you encounter a cheater. Link

Rumors: We have heard a few rumors these last few days!

- A picture showing Luke's X-Wing was shown. It was a photoshoped picture and does not prove anything.

- Some people starting speculating on the Jedi Rey release and requirements. The popular opinion is that she will require Finn, BB8, Scavenger Rey, and the Veteran Smugglers. Even though it seems possible, I would wait until further information before farming the Veterans from shipments, as they are very expensive Crystal-wise. Farming Rey, Finn, and FO for BB8 should be on your to-do list anyway with the upcoming movie, TLJ.
DO IT!

- We still haven't heard from that "old foe" who shows his "true face". The crowd goes crazy as speculations intensify.

- Keep in mind that SWGOH was released on November 24th, 2015. This means the 2 Years Anniversary is likely coming this month. Possibly new events or Double Drops (yeah!)

So that about wraps it up. If you see anything missing or wrong (I'm just human), just tell me in the comments and I'll add/correct it.

Replies

• thank you for the conclusion. :)
  • Thanks mate
  • Thank you.
    giphy.gif
    is there a way to pin this thread ? I missed first one...
  • This is fantastic. Thank you.
  • Nice post. Thanks.
  • Thanks for the recap
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    pargame wrote: »
    Thank you.
    giphy.gif
    is there a way to pin this thread ? I missed first one...

First one was moved to Art/Media, which is why it wasn't that visible.
    I hope this one will stay in General Discussion!
  • Thank you very much ^_^
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Thanks a lot for the work!
  • Waez wrote: »
    - Some people starting speculating on the Jedi Rey release and requirements. The popular opinion is that she will require Finn, BB8, Scavenger Rey, and the Veteran Smugglers. Even though it seems possible, I would wait until further information before farming the Veterans from shipments, as they are very expensive Crystal-wise. Farming Rey, Finn, and FO for BB8 should be on your to-do list anyway with the upcoming movie, TLJ.
    DO IT!

This is the one that frustrates me, because it's people acting like they know things when they're just guessing. If I had a dime for everyone who said we'd need these five specific characters (despite two of them not being her faction, which is unprecedented) then I would have almost as many dimes as I have from the people who said they had confirmation that we'd need five specific characters for Mother Talzin--who turned out to be Marquee.

Guys. Quit making stuff up.

Other guys, if you see someone making stuff up, call them out on it at the time and then, more importantly, call them out having been wrong about it after the truth comes out. Hound them until they shut up, because they thrive off the anonymity.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Alright, seems this was moved to Art and Media from General Discussion again.

I don't really understand why, since this should be public knowledge anyway. It's not like I'm promoting anything - It's literally information from the devs themselves.

Anyway, I guess the thread will die here like the previous one.
  • Nice thread.

Perhaps a mod could explain the link to art and media?
  • When I think art and media, I think about fanart (duh) and useful information about the game whether that’s a blog or a video or a handy collection of dev posts.

It’s fine here—folks just need to get outside General Discussion more often. If you were a new player coming to the forum for the first time, you shouldn’t have to wade through a dozen threads in General Discussion to find what you’re looking for.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    When I think art and media, I think about fanart (duh) and useful information about the game whether that’s a blog or a video or a handy collection of dev posts.

It’s fine here—folks just need to get outside General Discussion more often. If you were a new player coming to the forum for the first time, you shouldn’t have to wade through a dozen threads in General Discussion to find what you’re looking for.

Or search bizarre backwaters. A news channel would surely be ideal?