The Zombie and Spirit toons

Prev1
Feels more like The Walking Dead and nothing at all Star Wars about them.

I don't mind the Nightsister faction, and I'm ok with Mother Talzin, but a zombie really? When we don't even have a Padme?
Yeah this has been discussed before, but please devs please-- never add something like this again.

And to those who cry "Star Wars is more than just the movies...." ok yes technically according to Disney, but according to a vast majority of Star Wars fans no- because we're not 10 year old boys watching Disney XD in the afternoon. Lets keep it feeling like Star Wars please.

Replies

• Nighsisters were part of Star Wars long before Disney but okay
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2017
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Is this supposed to change my mind? Again, I'm not 10 years old- been a Star Wars fan since the Original Trilogy, so to me and adults my age, this is stupid.
  • Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The og films have ghosts and wizards in, is zombies from the clone wars that much of a stretch for you?
  • Weaselcult wrote: »
    The og films have ghosts and wizards in, is zombies from the clone wars that much of a stretch for you?

Yes. Too childish, sorry I don't watch cartoons.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    SpamFolder wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

Is this supposed to change my mind? Again, I'm not 10 years old- been a Star Wars fan since the Original Trilogy, so to me and adults my age, this is ****.

You don't have to like every aspect of the Star Wars universe, but to call something that is listed on the actual star wars website as not star wars is intolerant at best.

You don't like it, that's cool. But it's real, and that's outside your control. You shouldn't disrespect an aspect of the star wars universe just because you're unfamiliar with it.

How about you not make another post where you disparage things you know nothing about again?

Next time just make a thread asking for Padme.
  • CG, please ignore the OP. This person is not a real star wars fan.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Is this supposed to change my mind? Again, I'm not 10 years old- been a Star Wars fan since the Original Trilogy, so to me and adults my age, this is ****.

You don't have to like every aspect of the Star Wars universe, but to call something that is listed on the actual star wars website as not star wars is intolerant at best.

You don't like it, that's cool. But it's real, and that's outside your control. You shouldn't disrespect an aspect of the star wars universe just because you're unfamiliar with it.

How about you not make another post where you disparage things you know nothing about again?

I believe I said it feels more like The Walking Dead, not Star Wars. And I believe I acknowledged it is technically part of the Universe, thanks Disney! What I am saying is I think it's silly.... isn't that the point of forums, to talk about what we think? Clearly you like it, and thats cool. And you're right, I don't know anything about it, because I grew up before the cartoons came out, so why would I know anything about it? We just had the Phoenix stuff, which again I know nothing about but they at least felt like Star Wars in my opinion. And in my opinion zombies don't. So my point is I wish the devs would focus on area most people are familiar with.
  • SpamFolder
    95 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    CG, please ignore the OP. This person is not a real star wars fan.

I resent that. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, I just grew up before the cartoons came out. Is it such a problem to want content that is more known by all?
  • How bout we not have ewoks, because I'm not a 10 year old boy, and ewoks are rather childish.
  • SpamFolder wrote: »

I believe I said it feels more like The Walking Dead, not Star Wars. And I believe I acknowledged it is technically part of the Universe, thanks Disney! What I am saying is I think it's silly.... isn't that the point of forums, to talk about what we think? Clearly you like it, and thats cool. And you're right, I don't know anything about it, because I grew up before the cartoons came out, so why would I know anything about it? We just had the Phoenix stuff, which again I know nothing about but they at least felt like Star Wars in my opinion. And in my opinion zombies don't. So my point is I wish the devs would focus on area most people are familiar with.

Out of 132 characters currently in game, only two have a undead vibe to them which of course are the two toons that you are referring to. I'm pretty sure the game feels more like Star Wars than The Walking Dead. There can be an argument made for players who have never seen the original trilogy. The same arguments could be made for those who haven't seen the prequel trilogy, as well as those that haven't seen TFA or Rogue One. I can't seem to recall a whole lot of complaining when the Rogue one toons were released. I think that everyone who is complaining are seeing the nightsister zombie and nightsister spirit as just zombies and spirits. What you are refusing to acknowledge is the "nightsister" portion of those toons. You may not like it, but it is Star Wars. Just like you think the idea of these new toons are silly, I think your more than likely first impression of them is biased by the over abundance of zombies in today's movies and videogames. I would recommend you watch the Clone Wars series episodes that feature these toons, and you will see that they are as much a part of Star Wars as the rest of the toons.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Ciomagaru
    41 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Google Play splash page has Jedi Rey, Padme, DS Jawa and Ep3 Kenobi. So Padme is coming soon along some other new chars.

November login char could be a Jawa. You know what that means.
  • I love it when a bunch of people playing a Star Wars game on their phone claim to be too mature for some content.

News flash: ALL of Star Wars was made for 10 year olds.

I'm 39, but I've watched Clone Wars and you should too because a lot of it is really good -- even though it is (gasp!) animated.

If they want to find some genuine Star Wars content that can tie in thematically to Halloween, so what?

Dark Side Magic, people reviving, Ghosts... Feels more like the Old Republic than TWD to me. I don't know why you would think of the latter first.

In any case, this game is clearly not canon. So why not? Since this is a holo-table game inside a mobile game, your complaints are out of place. Please think about it before making more irrelevant threads.
  • Just for fun, here's a link about Halloween in the Star Wars Universe: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Halloween

After reading it, I feel like the ewoks should be involved in halloweeny stuff.
  • To all those who compleing about zoombie and spirit...
    jhf3j.jpg

Jedi ghosts really????
  • Then don't use them, enjoy yourself killing them and let anyone that is a nightsister fan enjoy them, especially since they're fans of the entire SW universe while you're still stuck in the old age.
  • Gonna have to agree with OP, zombies and ghosts doesn’t feel like Star Wars at all. I get they were in clone wars for all of 10 minutes which I think Dakas basic attack covered all of what should be seen from them. I’m just glad they are stuck behind a paywall so I’m not fighting them constantly cause I would definitely not enjoy fighting them when they are stronger than Jedi or Vader. Call me crazy but I want lightsabers, blasters, droids, bounty hunters in my Star Wars.
    As a big galaxies fan there were plenty of nightsisters to add to the game without resorting to bringing in gimmicks which really don’t fit with what Star Wars is about. Just go to your collection and take a look to see which characters really don’t belong.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • TNT1138 wrote: »
    I love it when a bunch of people playing a Star Wars game on their phone claim to be too mature for some content.

News flash: ALL of Star Wars was made for 10 year olds.

I'm 39, but I've watched Clone Wars and you should too because a lot of it is really good -- even though it is (gasp!) animated.

If they want to find some genuine Star Wars content that can tie in thematically to Halloween, so what?

I’m 40 and watched clone wars with my kid. I was skeptical at first but It is actually really good. They did a much better job with Anakin than the movies did.
    Weaselcult wrote: »

If you have not watched The Clone Wars, then how do you know it is childish? It is actually a deep and mature series for a cartoon, in my opinion.
  • You know the clone Wars is just putting to film already established lore right? They may embellish but they have to stick to the lore ..
  • I considered TCW to much less childish than episodes 1-3 and even parts of the originals. I'm glad they told those stories, even if it was in an animated format.

Spider Maul should have been included too, imo.

Exactly my thoughts. And actually this is the reason I don’t want even to watch CW or Rebels... Fantasy took them too far I think. Resurrected Maul, zombies, helicopter lightsabers... this stuff is too childish
  • Vinniarth wrote: »

Exactly my thoughts. And actually this is the reason I don’t want even to watch CW or Rebels... Fantasy took them too far I think. Resurrected Maul, zombies, helicopter lightsabers... this stuff is too childish

Resurrected maul was never resurrected, he never died in the first place

What's so different about the OT force ghosts than the NS spirit and zombie? Both dead things being reanimated/brought back by the force (because yes it is the force that causes the NS spirit/zombie)

But yes almost everyone agrees helicopter lightsabers were pretty silly
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Vinniarth wrote: »

What's so different about the OT force ghosts than the NS spirit and zombie? Both dead things being reanimated/brought back by the force (because yes it is the force that causes the NS spirit/zombie)

One they were not fighting anyone, two they were actual major figures in the story and were put there for a way to have a good ending. At least if they put in the force ghost they would be Jedi and would actually feel like part of Star Wars universe.

I think we need a new han and Star Wars legos is pretty big so let’s get Lego Han in the game fighting.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
    Feels more like The Walking Dead and nothing at all Star Wars about them.

I don't mind the Nightsister faction, and I'm ok with Mother Talzin, but a zombie really? When we don't even have a Padme?
    Yeah this has been discussed before, but please devs please-- never add something like this again.

And to those who cry "Star Wars is more than just the movies...." ok yes technically according to Disney, but according to a vast majority of Star Wars fans no- because we're not 10 year old boys watching Disney XD in the afternoon. Lets keep it feeling like Star Wars please.

"Yes, technically, according to the people who write, direct, create, and basically make the entire thing it's canon, but I don't like it so it's not real to me."

Get over yourself.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm a big fan of the Clone Wars but they do seem like enemies you would find in the PVE battles, there were plenty named Nightsister characters that contributed to the story and could have been added
    Edit: The main thing that bugs me is the word zombie in the name, I think they only used the word undead in Star Wars
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Star Wars = currently hot
    Walking Dead = currently hot

zombie + space wars = sizzling hot $$$

See: batvader for the win

batman-darth-vader-costume.jpg

• Vinniarth wrote: »

One they were not fighting anyone, two they were actual major figures in the story and were put there for a way to have a good ending. At least if they put in the force ghost they would be Jedi and would actually feel like part of Star Wars universe.

I think we need a new han and Star Wars legos is pretty big so let’s get Lego Han in the game fighting.

Lego Han, haha... Don't give'em ideas ;)