Forum Feature Requests

I have 2 features I would like to request be added on this forum that would greatly reduce reposted topics and frustration associated with the forums.

This forum has lots of useful information that is split into subforums appropriately, but that doesn't help users much if there's no way to search by subforum. We really need an advanced search tool like most forums have that gives us access to search refining tools. It would make finding information on these forums SO much easier. Please add this feature!

Most other forums also have a link that shows the most recent posts on the forum in order. If this was present on this forum, all the threads being removed from general discussion immediately would have no bearing whatsoever on the exposure of said thread (threads in other forums seem to vanish into oblivion). People could see what the hot topics were in one spot, while they were sorted into their appropriate category as well. It's a win-win feature. Please add it!

Replies

• PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As to your second requested feature, if you look at the top to the right of the home link, there is a discussions link. that is your recent discussions section.

Edit:
    Oh and for the 1st feature, thats already there aswell. when you do a search after you hit enter, hit the dropdown arrow next to the field that has what you searched
  • Options
    This will be moved to the correct sub forum, like it has now, and be lost in forum limbo, if it's not deleted first, there is a recent discussion tab, but if it's not in general discussion it usually gets overlooked.
  • Options
    In b4 Kyno
  • Options
    In b4 Kyno

This thread is 4 days old, and its already been answered, AND its already in the forum feedback section. So why would Kyno even need to touch this?
  • Options
    The forums definitely need work. Currently, our two options are
    1. Clog up general
    2. Move each discussion into it's appropriate sub-category, where no one reads it, and it dies

As someone who practically lives here, the best medium I've found to view all the new posts is the discussions tab. However, perhaps we can add a filter of some sort? I want to view recent discussions, but I don't care about all the new guilds that are recruiting, which seem to take up a majority of each page.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a guild recruitment filter. Not sure if it's possible though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    The forums definitely need work. Currently, our two options are
    1. Clog up general
    2. Move each discussion into it's appropriate sub-category, where no one reads it, and it dies

As someone who practically lives here, the best medium I've found to view all the new posts is the discussions tab. However, perhaps we can add a filter of some sort? I want to view recent discussions, but I don't care about all the new guilds that are recruiting, which seem to take up a majority of each page.

This said perfectly
  • Options
    I want a filter against GW threads. I don't mind recruitment threads as some people have very creative names and recruitment messages which actually amuse me. Every GW thread on the other hand is the opposite of entertainment.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I want a filter against GW threads. I don't mind recruitment threads as some people have very creative names and recruitment messages which actually amuse me.

Fair point, I actually share ones I enjoy here:
    http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/SW-Galaxy-of-Heroes-Best-User-and-Guild-Names-But-Also-Best-UserGuildWhatever-Names-From-Other-Star-Wars-Games/id/56570

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I want a filter against GW threads. I don't mind recruitment threads as some people have very creative names and recruitment messages which actually amuse me.

Fair point, I actually share ones I enjoy here:
    http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/SW-Galaxy-of-Heroes-Best-User-and-Guild-Names-But-Also-Best-UserGuildWhatever-Names-From-Other-Star-Wars-Games/id/56570

Yea, and some of them are pretty naughty, I'm surprised they haven't been reported or forced to change names yet.
  • Options
    It is true that other forums don't get anywhere near the response that general does. I made another thread asking if these features exist several days before requesting they be added and no one responded. (it was in this subforum)