Ghosts of Dathomir - Event Feedback

Prev13456715
CapGaSP
313 posts Member
edited October 2017
Hia Holotable Heroes!
Our Event Designer @CG_CapGaSP is here with another edition of Event Feedback! This will land in General for now and eventually make a home via the Feedback section of the forums. Cheers!

Please leave any feedback for the Ghosts of Dathomir event in this thread, thanks!

Some notes:
  • There are no unit restrictions. You can bring any squad you want.
  • WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.
  • This event features special mechanics and strategy. If the characters you bring are having a tough time, look at what is happening in battle and try different squad combinations to find the one that works best.
  • As always, if you find the event to be difficult, you can upgrade the power of your characters to overcome the challenge.
  • This event is indeed the only place to acquire shards for Nightsister Zombie and Spirit. It will return periodically. You can also acquire packs to accelerate your Zombie and Spirit if you want.
  • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.
  • Have fun!
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
Post edited by CapGaSP on

Replies

• Completely looking forward to this event.
    It looks amazing!
  • I'm looking forward to this event. How many times can you play it? You mentioned using different squads does that mean multiple playthroughs through the day or 1 play which locks upon winning?
  • Vala411 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this event. How many times can you play it? You mentioned using different squads does that mean multiple playthroughs through the day or 1 play which locks upon winning?

From what I read, I think it’s multiple squads might be needed to try to beat it.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    How long is the event?
  • AA86 wrote: »
    How long is the event?
    one day event, recurring

• Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Challenge accepted. I'm really hyped, the previous Nightsisters events were great. Normally I would use my Resistance team but I'm totally expecting something that prevents them to run their usual show, something like high tenacity where nothing sticks. That would be too easy otherwise...
  • Gimme more GP now kthzbai
  • Is this an all day event, or broken up in segments like the Luke Flash events were in back in June? If so how long are the segments?
  • ziglet wrote: »
    Is this an all day event, or broken up in segments like the Luke Flash events were in back in June? If so how long are the segments?

They're moving away from that - it was very unpopular. the new flash events for like 5 hours are way improved.

But I'm not sure - we're going to be able to unlock them in this event - got it - but usually there's a marquee event for that.... this sounds like after it runs, the re-runs will give out like 10 shards a la MT.

So IDK, I assume I'm looking at 2+ years before we can really use them, that's all I'm seeing.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CuzzoCuhnobi
    205 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    A completed attempt is shared between both the regular and the bonus tier. It did not say that anywhere, and I made sure to check. Not sure if I lost some kind of reward or shards bcuz I chose to do the regular and then the bonus. Interesting event nonetheless. I'm not a fan of nightsisters, so the altar seemed annoying.
    Post edited by CuzzoCuhnobi on
  • I looked at the event. Saw that there were 2 battles per stage and decided to do them both on the bonus tier first to see how difficult it was. Left the thing on auto both times as I have stuff to do around the house. Came back after the second battle to see that I could no longer do the normal tier -which has the most shards available. I'm guessing this event will be back soonish but it is really annoying that I missed out on unlocking both characters because of this.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Really bad review because you did not even mention that attempts were shared. I got tricked and this disgusts me.
  • Agree with the above posts that the sharing between tiers is not clear and could easily catch someone out. Also given that everyone complained about the fact that it would take ages to 7* MT or wicket with variable drop rates am surprised you’ve gone for that approach on this event
  • A completed attempt is shared between both the regular and the bonus tier. It did not say that anywhere, and I made sure to check. Not sure if I lost some kind of reward or shards bcuz I chose to do the regular and then the bonus.

it would have been nice if this was mentioned in the event details. I didn't pay enough attention so didn't see that after doing first tier 1x the bonus tier battle number dropped as well. This is quite confusing as normally the battle button shows the number you can do for that tier.

I will get it next time this event appears. Just sad I can't try the bonus tier now. Responded here to mention it isn't entirely clear they are shared and if you happen to rebattle again without paying attention (like I did) it's easy to miss.
  • Any chance you could remove the 900 crystal requirement to unlock the FIRST tier.

I always do the bonus tier first in case of getting screwed by the tiers being locked.

Turns out the rewards for tier 1 are BETTER than the second go at the bonus tier.

25+ shards of each down the toilet.

Not impressed
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I looked at the event. Saw that there were 2 battles per stage and decided to do them both on the bonus tier first to see how difficult it was. Left the thing on auto both times as I have stuff to do around the house. Came back after the second battle to see that I could no longer do the normal tier -which has the most shards available. I'm guessing this event will be back soonish but it is really annoying that I missed out on unlocking both characters because of this.
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Really bad review because you did not even mention that attempts were shared. I got tricked and this disgusts me.

Once you did either tier you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but theres nobody to blame but yourselves.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Any chance you could remove the 900 crystal requirement to unlock the FIRST tier.

I always do the bonus tier first in case of getting screwed by the tiers being locked.

Turns out the rewards for tier 1 are BETTER than the second go at the bonus tier.

25+ shards of each down the toilet.

Not impressed

+7
  • Neo2551 wrote: »

Trick or treat! ... we got tricked.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    I looked at the event. Saw that there were 2 battles per stage and decided to do them both on the bonus tier first to see how difficult it was. Left the thing on auto both times as I have stuff to do around the house. Came back after the second battle to see that I could no longer do the normal tier -which has the most shards available. I'm guessing this event will be back soonish but it is really annoying that I missed out on unlocking both characters because of this.
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Once you did either tier you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but theres nobody to blame but yourselves.

Censored
  • Bugges i Think. I only got 3 shards from tier 1. Or is the 25 stars of each character only for high level? I worked hard to get to level 75 in time Hope i have not broken the event bonus shard for first run
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Very sneaky EA not putting a warning up about you only get 2 completions between the 2 tiers. There should be a warning letting people know you only get 2 completions or the 1st tier should have been closed for replay till you beat the bonus tier and then both open up for replay via crystal.
  • WARNING - you should get first tier to unlock toons. I get twice second tier and not unlocked it
  • Never mind i didnt read the full description in start of this tread
  • How about give us a warning about shared attempts?????????????
  • I defeat all the nightsisters but I don't win. They all revive.
    I can't destroy the altair.
  • Sorry, I found! We need to continue the attacks, and finally it is destroyed.
  • In one of the update notes here on this Forum I did pick up on the shared events - but it was more by accident (reminded me of the famous "small print"). Then tried the bonus tier first (as this normally yields better rewards) and purely by chance noted that you need tier 1 to unlock them. So I count myself lucky... Feeling for you guys!

I totally get that the rewards are clearly stated for each battle and that we could have noticed to event counter going down for both tiers after the first fight. But since this is a bit different from what we are used to from previous events it was very easy to miss (out of habit) and subsequently feel annoyed.

It has taught me to pay better attention in the future. I did not miss out this time but that was more by luck than design.
  • What teams did people use for this event? Only wandering due too the struggle I’m getting at the end of the event with the resurrections. I’m using a full rebel team 7* Lando, 7* Ackbar, 7* Biggs, 7* Wedge and 7* K2-SO.
  • When I saw the 900 Crystal requirement I literally laughed out loud.
  • Updated the above post to callout that wins are shared. I should also note this will run again on Nov 4, so if you missed a given tier this time you will have an opportunity to get it in a few days time.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.