CLS ..

Can you guys please bring CLS back before making new events? I have no trouble beating almost every single CLS team (except the top top teams) so that's not why I want him. I've been sitting on so much gear and zetas waiting for him to come back because nothing compares to his power level and kit so nothing is really worth the investment until the CLS investment is closed.

I'm sure there's a reason that thrawn is back AGAIN but I think it's poor form to bring another event in before re-releasing CLS. Bb8 felt like a real slap in the face

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Yes, I was looking forward to a November CLS event, especially after you brought R2 back. Before we get into the new movies and a bunch of other things. I concur with this, we just had Emp palp and Thrawn.... Atleast get a solid rotation down and not go back to the same things without rotating into something else first.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Releasing a new event before bringing back a different one is a slap in the face? That's pretty ridiculous and I'm sure some people who invested a lot of resources to get him the first time would feel it a slap in the face to bring him back sooner than a typical legendary event when he's supposed to be an even bigger deal than a legendary event.

You know exactly what gear you need for him, so you can just save that gear and spend the rest on whatever you want.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    CLS is not required for TB.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I am f2p, actually. And I haven't been playing since Old Ben was meta. "I couldn't do it, therefore anybody who did must have spent money" is an unfortunately common tune around here, but is nearly always false.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You just moved the goalposts.

He's needed in a grand total of one special mission. You don't have him? Big deal, neither do I. I still can participate in the other 98% of TB.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I don't believe you, it's easy to just say that, also Can you just not post here? Your comments are not welcome or helpful. I've been very patient in waiting for CLS to come back, and this is my first time expressing my concern

Sorry, that's not how public forums work. I'm sure you would love to only have people who agree with you post on your threads, but it's not going to happen.
  • I hope he never comes back. PS this is coming from someone who doesn't have him. He is really boring to fight against. He is super op. Everyone knows it so everyone is prepared. He will be all over gw. Arena worse then ever. Why does everyone want to battle more cls squads. On a side note I went dooku dodge meta.
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Can you guys please bring CLS back before making new events? I have no trouble beating almost every single CLS team (except the top top teams) so that's not why I want him. I've been sitting on so much gear and zetas waiting for him to come back because nothing compares to his power level and kit so nothing is really worth the investment until the CLS investment is closed.

I'm sure there's a reason that thrawn is back AGAIN but I think it's poor form to bring another event in before re-releasing CLS. Bb8 felt like a real slap in the face

The dev November calendar specifies that this is "some" of the months events, which implies not all the events. I suspect cls is coming back in November because of r2 but they didn't want to broadcast weeks in advance so they can get more panic farming. Likely because people should be more prepared this time around and some already have cls so the panic farming revenue will be less than last time.

Cynical but I think that's why they announced thrawn at the end of the month, people focus on phoenix neglecting ANH toons and then get ambushed mid month panic farming for cls. That's kinda how October played out with r2 known in advance and then an ambush with thrawn/cap ship 7* reveal mid month as I recall.
  • ObiShenobi
    83 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Legendary events are -typically- on a four month cycle, realistically the soonest you should expect to see CLS show up again is December, since his initial appearance was August. Your suggestion is that they release no other new content like bb8 in that 4 month period? If they release him again before December, be thankful.

I also disagree with your -you must have bought him- theory. I had farmed old Ben for Yoda, a bad choice at the time, but a lucky on for CLS.. doesn't mean I paid for him!
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • CLS needs to be back as he is required in special TB missions and many guilds require him before accepting new players.
  • Tarugo91 wrote: »
    CLS needs to be back as he is required in special TB missions and many guilds require him before accepting new players.

The CLS special mission earns 20 tb currency for each person that competes it. It's a bonus... Not a requirement, completing a special mission -does not- contribute to overall territory points, and does not impact your ability to earn stars. Losing out on 20 currency does not make him a requirement for tbs.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    And it's not "special TB missions" it's "one special TB mission."

If a guild won't take you because you don't have him, you need to find a guild that suits you better.
  • this game is about choices. I'm on a 3 month old shard, no one has CLS, however I've been prepared for CLS now for a while. all my actions are geared towards him coming back, getting ep, thrawn to have 2 extra 7* for R2, along with the CLS team.

If you haven't been preparing since the last CLS for the surprise announcement you don't need him.