Ghost of datomir mistake

Replies

• Klocko wrote: »
    I'm sorry. Y'all are just plain kitten if you did the t1 twice when t2 was available. I just can't fathom the kittenness of doing a lower tier, when a higher one (that usually means better rewards) was available. I'm done with this thread. It reminded me of why I almost never visit the forums anymore. I'm out. Quote me, insult me, whatever. I don't care. I won't be responding.

+1

People just being stupid and/or greedy.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • I never been so angry before playing this game. Put up with a lot of ambiguity before but this one really irritates me.

Shame on me, but that's a low one CG.
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Lucked out and did t1 then t2. Always prioritze first time rewards.

Well good for you.
  • Yep also fell for it assumed you could do both twice as they both had 2 on them
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Once you did either tier, you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but y’all have nobody to blame but yourselves for flying gung ho into something to didn’t look closely enough at.

Dude don't post about being vigilant and noticing things so you do them correctly, it really annoys 70% of the player base who aimlessly play the game and complain when they screw up.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Edward wrote: »
    Lol, when I completed Tier 1 first time, it still showed one attempt left, I knew something was off, so I did the bonus Tier. Guess I am just smarter than you guys above.

Nearly got me, nice trick, Dev!

Go away jar jar and pat yourself on the back in private.
  • I'm about 2.8 mil GP and have most of the new and premium toons, including G12 Talzin. This has really annoyed me also because it feels like it was very unclear and a money grab.

At the moment GW is also basically impossible because I face the full zeta' meta 4 times and only have it once myself and weaker squads simply can't cut it, so regularly have bad rewards here. Feels like punishment for achievement.

TB force me to choose between the guild I have been with from the beginning or rewards, and as someone who gets a large amount of the enjoyment from the community this is a problem.

Guys you have to be more transparent about things, less money grabbed accidental or on purpose.

My tb crashes on about 1 in 4 missions and we have only been compensated once.

I really want to continue to be a fan of the game but it is getting both boring and frustrating, and when this type of thing happens it really tops it off.

There are a lot of my guild and shard players who have quit recently, and many of them have accounts like mine, that is a real shame.

Better communication and slight tweaks to things like GW would really make all the difference.

Games are meant to be fun!!
  • After 2 years playing this game i ALWAYS start any events from the highest tier down.
  • DarthSootie
    86 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I've been caught out on this sort of thing so many times that I sat and looked at this event for a few moments wondering if it did mean 2 attempts on each or 1 on each. I then took a chance and did the bonus tier first and luckily noticed the attempts left had gone down to 1 on each! So I did tier one and that was it!
    I thought so many players are going to be caught out by this and here we are with another angry mob screaming for blood!

I'm just relieved that this time I can sit on the side lines with popcorn and enjoy the fireworks! (Sorry I couldn't resist! >:) )
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Once you did either tier, you should have noticed that the remaining attempts for both was 1. It sucks but y’all have nobody to blame but yourselves for flying gung ho into something to didn’t look closely enough at.

This... who also did this on the first credit/ droid heist thinking they could do all tiers. Admittedly, my guild let me in on this before I went in so I can’t say if I would have made this mistake.
  • Within couple of days people can do the same event again. according to event calender.

Did it 'wrong' the first time. Was angry ... at myself and now wil wait till next turn.
  • Ha ha I knew it would be a bunch of post about this as soon as I hit the first tier twice it's no big deal I thought it was funny really. It a life lesson really don't go shooting off without knowing the shot. This sage advice can be used in multiple situations and I will leave to your collective imagination since I was warned not to post anything that a 7 yr old could not read.
  • Mine won’t complete I’ve killed 10 phase 3 waves, then kill the coffin and they respawn infinitely

Thats a real bug! Post ir in the right section! The million others are not!
  • It was the same bug with the Wicket event and they made an announcement about it, and chose to not fix it.
  • It’s you need to kill in order. I can’t figure out the order.
  • I only received 8 shards of each, I started at the harder one and did it twice. But now I can’t do the easier one as both have the crystal reset.. Can someone from EA help!

You got tricked, no treat. Pay 900 crystals now.
  • Every event is this way. Don't come on here complaining about how you didn't read the number inside the parenthesis and saying it's their fault.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Ha ha I knew it would be a bunch of post about this as soon as I hit the first tier twice it's no big deal I thought it was funny really. It a life lesson really don't go shooting off without knowing the shot. This sage advice can be used in multiple situations and I will leave to your collective imagination since I was warned not to post anything that a 7 yr old could not read.

+1

So much salt in this thread....

CG is hardly to blame if you charged forward with your head hidden in a dark place and did tier 1 twice.
    Wipe your salty tears, and wait until the event returns.
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    I only received 8 shards of each, I started at the harder one and did it twice. But now I can’t do the easier one as both have the crystal reset.. Can someone from EA help!

You got tricked, no treat. Pay 900 crystals now.

Or just wait 5 days for the event to return and complete the first tier then..
  • I am more **** that their packs are the same price as Talzin? What a joke...
    I went all in on Talzin , but I’m not spending a dime on a zombie at that price. 699 crystals or something close and I would have. This is just straight up greed...
  • I'm fine if they change it, but our challenges every day we play have this same shared mechanic.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!
    Our Event Designer @CG_CapGaSP is here with another edition of Event Feedback! This will land in General for now and eventually make a home via the Feedback section of the forums. Cheers!

Please leave any feedback for the Ghosts of Dathomir event in this thread, thanks!

Some notes:
    • There are no unit restrictions. You can bring any squad you want.
    • WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!
    Our Event Designer @CG_CapGaSP is here with another edition of Event Feedback! This will land in General for now and eventually make a home via the Feedback section of the forums. Cheers!

Please leave any feedback for the Ghosts of Dathomir event in this thread, thanks!

Some notes:
    • WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS. It is recommended that you play each tier once to maximize your rewards.
    • This event features special mechanics and strategy. If the characters you bring are having a tough time, look at what is happening in battle and try different squad combinations to find the one that works best.
    • As always, if you find the event to be difficult, you can upgrade the power of your characters to overcome the challenge.
    • This event is indeed the only place to acquire shards for Nightsister Zombie and Spirit. It will return periodically. You can also acquire packs to accelerate your Zombie and Spirit if you want.
    • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.
    • Have fun!

Learn how to read, people. Clearly states: WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS"
  • Whether you fell for it or not, it's a pretty lame crystal grab on their part.

I'd say it's a new low for them. Shame.
  • Glurp
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Yes, it was communicated in a post. Yes, you can see the number on both go to 1 after the first attempt if you happen to look or think to look. But such an important thing should be integrated into the design. They are using a design from events with a different structure and fitting this to that. When they introduced this different structure, they should have created a different interface. Users shouldn't have to happen to read something outside the event or happen to notice a certain number and deduce what that means to see the most important mechanic of the event. It's not an issue of how dumb or smart the user is. It's a design issue.

Yes, I know this is not the first time this structure has been used.
  • adamwxman wrote: »
    Hia Holotable Heroes!

Some notes:
    Hia Holotable Heroes!

Some notes:
    • This event features special mechanics and strategy. If the characters you bring are having a tough time, look at what is happening in battle and try different squad combinations to find the one that works best.
    • As always, if you find the event to be difficult, you can upgrade the power of your characters to overcome the challenge.
    • This event is indeed the only place to acquire shards for Nightsister Zombie and Spirit. It will return periodically. You can also acquire packs to accelerate your Zombie and Spirit if you want.
    • Lower level players will not unlock Zombie and Spirit the first time the event is completed. Instead you will be awarded a large XP reward to help you climb through the levels faster. The level 80-85 version (which all players will eventually have access to) will unlock the new units the first time it is completed.
    • Have fun!

Learn how to read, people. Clearly states: WINS ARE SHARED BETWEEN TIERS"

Take it you didn’t read the edited part at the bottom of those posts?
  • I was honestly pleasantly surprised when I saw (2) for each tier....then I was reminded of who these people are. I wonder if it gets tiresome, creating content that is only ever overshadowed by the great decisions of the live economy team. Art, animations, and mechanics could be groundbreaking, but none of it ever matters.

• Take it you didn’t read the edited part at the bottom of those posts?

Are you saying it's the users' fault if they don't read the bottom of an edited forum post? That doesn't seem like a reasonable or necessary expectation by the devs.
  • I thought it was Halloween.. I think I just got April Fooled!
  • heh atleast u got a bonus tier, and the characters, im lvl 79 and all i got was 3 shard and 1 tier...
  • I see not many noticed the attempts go from 2 for both to 1 for both after their first completion.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
This discussion has been closed.