Ghosts of Dathomir - Event Feedback

Replies

• I used my Phoenix squad, and as expected succeeded without loosing anyone in bonus run. Level 89 Elite squads are a bit ridiculous and the encounter was long, but fun.
  • I don’t understand the complaints. I played each tier once as you are supposed to. Play 1, then 2. I beat both with little effort using my arena squad.
    What I read here is people just thought they could jump in the hardest and did not bother to read the messages posted or review the rewards.
    Gratz. You were tricked. I was treated.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dok wrote: »
    First time rewards are always better than repeat rewards, why would anyone just do the bonus stage twice in a row without looking at anything? Don't blame CG for your lack of observation. The event will be back on Nov 4 and you'll get your shards, no need to act like you're being screwed over.

I don't think people give a **** about the shards. It's the Zeta/Omega that they cry - for good reason - about. Sure, the event will come back, but still. Soup sandwich.

I 100% care about the shards. 1 zeta material is a drop in the bucket.
  • The event is kind of stupid. Only 25-28 shards between the 2 tiers? Not worth the time or crystals.
  • WhackyFishi
    114 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm liking the event structure but the time between events to event reward ratio is extremely concerning for the future of the game. We already have four characters that could take a maximum of 2 years to unlock (even longer with these two; considering rng not dropping the right NS shards every time it might easily take over 3 years to 7 star spirit and zombie) and there's already rumours of more characters planned to be farmed from events like these

The rewards are ludicrously low; if you stick to what you say are your intentions to only have these characters be farmable in chromiums and these events then the events either need to run a hell of a lot more often or drop a hell of a lot more shards than they do right now. As it stands right now every character released this way is effectively pay to play, especially for the ones that aren't viable at lower star counts.

I can see huge numbers of people leaving the game if this is the new norm for releasing characters, as soon as a really good or really popular character comes out with this structure I can see tonnes of people quitting if the reward to time ratio hasn't improved
  • Slow golf clap to the designers for another event enjoyed.....
  • Disclaimer: nihilus annihilate does 0 i repeat ZERO damage to the altar
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    I'm not going to get any of the big hitters anytime soon.

Wedge? Biggs?

I have Biggs at 7 star, but only gear 8. Wedge 5 star, and gear 8. They make it through to the 3rd or 4th time at wave 3, but with NS reviving at full health, I can't get them to survive much longer. My mods probably need work too.

I was talking about people that reported how easy it was with CLS, Baze, Thrawn, Raid Han, Phoenix squads etc.... I have none of these. Nor will I any time soon.

I did it on auto-battle with barriss ophee, luminara, Jedi consular, Rey, and mace windu
  • Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Disclaimer: nihilus annihilate does 0 i repeat ZERO damage to the altar

THAT needed a HUGE banner. I built my attack around it and... nothing.
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    I don’t understand the complaints.
    How about this complaint... When they first announced ghosts of dathomir they SAID that the unlocks would be for 70+, and when the event actually came out it is for 80+. I am 77 and was really looking forward to the zombie(I've been gearing and modding my NS team in prep).

I am feeling let down not because it was short or 900 crystals a refresh is ridiculous or any of those things, but because they explicitly gave me information which built up anticipation and got me excited... and then went back on their word.
  • (Didn't read pages 10-12)

What I want to know is how some of the krakens at the top of the GP leaderboard on SWGoH.gg have these two toons at 7* already.

When you refresh for 900 crystals, is it higher the second time you refresh it? Like 900, then 1200, then 1500... Or is it 900 every time?

With so few shards given for each attempt, how has there been enough time to get that many reps done?

I understand the power of the wallet but the sheer logistics of completing that many attempts boggles my mind.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • no one said on event description that the attempt were shared :(
  • (Didn't read pages 10-12)

What I want to know is how some of the krakens at the top of the GP leaderboard on SWGoH.gg have these two toons at 7* already.

When you refresh for 900 crystals, is it higher the second time you refresh it? Like 900, then 1200, then 1500... Or is it 900 every time?

With so few shards given for each attempt, how has there been enough time to get that many reps done?

I understand the power of the wallet but the sheer logistics of completing that many attempts boggles my mind.

Packs.
  • Liked the event.
    Hate the YEARS it could possibly take to farm freakin' Nightsisters, of all teams.
    I thought taking Baze to 7* was long...
  • snowhut wrote: »
    (Didn't read pages 10-12)

Packs.

Oh, of course. The way people are talking made it seem like the only way to get their shards was this event. I guess people mean the free way.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Pretty easy event, liked the zeta, no complaints here. The NS will be perma back burner for me anyways
  • I thought it was unique....fit the theme of bringing back the dead. It was easy enough to beat in the 24hour time frame instead of needing incredible RNG(Thrawn comes to mind for us cheapskates that don’t want to G9 Kanan or zeb). The artwork was cool and I look forward to fighting more with that background in the future.
  • snowhut wrote: »
    (Didn't read pages 10-12)

Packs.

Oh, of course. The way people are talking made it seem like the only way to get their shards was this event. I guess people mean the free way.

There are always corresponding packs whrn new toons are released. For those people who have so much money they habe no clue what to do with it. So why not spending hundreds of $ on a mobile game?
  • 2* only? That's lame... Especially since the 'bonus' tier was a slow grind.
    That said, I've already faced a NS team with Zombie and they wrecked my Sith...
  • Good event, nice to see it returns in few days.
    In General, people should understand.
    There is almost always a difference between ftp and ptp. So it's really slow to 7* these toons.
    So what, only whales will do it and they will always be on top cuz they spend a lot of money on a game that many people spend nothing.
    But if u are ftp, relax, all your ftp counterparts will have them at same star count as you.
    Nothing different than it's ever been or will be.
    You don't need them 7*.
    You can have a 7* nightsister sqaud without spending money. They just won't be as good as guy who spends 100 dollars per toon.
    Which is exactly how it should be
  • This Events are really lame. And i do not only mean this one but mother and wicket too. Only farmable though events ehich may occur 1 per month... and with zombie and spirit its even worse. I thought i would get shards for both... so it would be like a 3 year farm. Cause we all know to get 7 shards os much more likely as getting 10.

So please stop making them farmable only through this events. Make them a bonus while we could farm them in shops or nodes. Like the Sith we get once in a while for completing an event. (It were Sith, or was it Empire?)

And i want to mention that for all of this awkward events. And i feel especially bad for sister players. They have 3 characters who wouldnt see the 7 star shine in 2 - 3 years.
  • Been playing since launch basically and have been wanting to use NS and ewok teams ever since I started. Needless to say I am incredibly annoyed at this game now and am not gonna wait another two years to play them, especially since they'll be almost completely useless by then, maybe at best platoon toons.

Game needs a drastic overhaul extremely soon. Players have showed their displeasure and tons are quitting every week now.
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Been playing since launch basically and have been wanting to use NS and ewok teams ever since I started. Needless to say I am incredibly annoyed at this game now and am not gonna wait another two years to play them, especially since they'll be almost completely useless by then, maybe at best platoon toons.

Game needs a drastic overhaul extremely soon. Players have showed their displeasure and tons are quitting every week now.

+1
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Been playing since launch basically and have been wanting to use NS and ewok teams ever since I started. Needless to say I am incredibly annoyed at this game now and am not gonna wait another two years to play them, especially since they'll be almost completely useless by then, maybe at best platoon toons.

Why would u have to wait 2 years to play them? U can start using them now just buys some packs cause if u are complaining and are ftp then ha ha funny. Also no there are not tons of people quitting every week.
  • This swgoh forum is like North Korea, anyone that comments against the state gets removed (and the comment gets removed) so the country thinks everything is great and nothing is wrong.
  • Stars don't matter.

Gear and mods matter.

Use them at 2*.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    I was talking about people that reported how easy it was with CLS, Baze, Thrawn, Raid Han, Phoenix squads etc.... I have none of these. Nor will I any time soon.

None of these characters are easy to get. Far from it.

I did the Dathomir raid with Wedge, Biggs, STH, Lando and Boba. All maxed but with so-s0 gear, Got the zombie and spirit.

• H0bo_Brown wrote: »
    My son is 60 and he said he didn't get any.

Just like nearly all adult male Star Wars fans then :wink:

• NicWester wrote: »
    Stars don't matter.

Gear and mods matter.

Use them at 2*.

Stars don't matter for *some* characters, using attackers at lower stars has a much larger impact

Plus unless they're 7 stars they can't reach gear 12 for the strong TB stuff you can put on
  • Thought the event was meh.... the same linear type of battle, nothing new. The shared play among tiers was deceptive, and the 900 crystal refresh is a bit hard to swallow (that is putting it nicely). It seems since the awesomeness that was the CLS event, these new events have gone downhill IMHO.