New Characters - are they worth it?

Hey guys I'm considering buying the new bundle with Ren and others but wanted to get an opinion on how they are and if they are worth investing in? Thanks for the feedback!

Replies

• Rheen
    269 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Hmmmmmm....
    Post edited by Rheen on
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • You save about 15 days of farming/character (I read it on a random thread) plus you get 50 Euro worth of crystals. I think its worth.
  • i think its worth it too...u get crystals and a new 4 star hero like Kylo. Can imagine him a beast. On a sidenote..i am someone willing to spend so its worth it for me.
  • All I can say on this pack is, I wouldn't buy it ever!!! First off $100 is totally crazy land for me. I could buy almost 2 new games for a console/PC or the new Battlefront from EA and have change left over and comparing the cost of this package in this way brings clarity to the madness...
  • Im debating buying it myself. Im on a newer server. No 60's or 7* to worry about yet so I know I don't need 7* to compete atm. $100 is a good bit to spend on a mobile though. Did it b4 for game of war last Christmas but you received a tonnnn of stuff for that special. But I bought cod and only played it a weekend. bought battlefront and only played it 2 weeks an hourhere and there. Ill go back to that though im sure as I do enjoy it. But ive gotten way more time out of this game. But still $100 is pricey considering no one knows the effectiveness of the chars at end game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    dc2484 wrote: »
    No 60's or 7* to worry about yet so I know I don't need 7* to compete atm.

You will. And your 4* guy, no matter how good, will not be up to the task.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    To each thier own. I totally think you and many others are out of your minds for considering this however if EA, Capitol Games can sell the package then I guess they would prove me wrong. Someone else made the observation that you could literally go watch the movie at Imax, buy battlefront another game or so and beer for the price of this package. The last package I'll ever buy is the Bariss package. I'm done. I'm not mad they nerfed her. Its just too expensive.
    Post edited by J7000 on
  • Kylo Ren is farmable from tomorrow onwards on cantina 4c, Phasma already available from GW tokens, Finn on cantina 3e (I think) already. Can't say they aren't farmable.
  • All are farmable after tomorrow.

A first order team is a very viable setup, Phasma as leader with Kylo, FO Pilot and Officer will decimate.
  • Given the recent nerf of toons that were purchased in a $50 package, not sure how you can feel comfortable spending $100.
  • I'd avoid this pack. I wouldn't even consider the purchase. Someone should get a severe dressing down for this blatant money grab. It's also insulting to everyone that such a pack was created at this price.

• Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I spend money on these games to save time. I don't do it necessarily to have the latest and greatest and be the best, but you save so much time buying this pack (and you get 40-50 dollars worth of crystals) it really isn't that bad of a pack. Finn also looks fairly solid.
  • Anyone who tries to justify this packs pricing is extremely dumb, no way that pack is worth 100$. NO WAY. I hope you guys buy it and they nerf finn & kylo so I can laugh. They just tryna steal your money look at everyone who bought bariss
  • I bought it and I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY. If Kylo wasn't farmable, id be **** ****. But I can't wait to have a 7* Kylo - i'll probably also work on Cpt Phasma soon. The other new characters seem mediocre tho, but we'd have to see how they do leveled/geared/skilled-up. P.s. keep in mind how many resources it takes to level/gear multiple characters - you don't want to buy the pack and realize you don't have enough for upgrades.
  • I been having more fun with this game than Battlefront lately, with its bugs and HORRIBLE HORRIBLE matchmaking. So I don't mind spending money on the game, certainly deserves some. But $100 for 4 characters? No THANK you. Not after I got excellent Dooku for only $5
  • I was going to buy it, but after what they did to Barriss(I bought her pack too) I will not buy anymore packs.
  • dc2484 wrote: »
    Im debating buying it myself. Im on a newer server. No 60's or 7* to worry about yet so I know I don't need 7* to compete atm. $100 is a good bit to spend on a mobile though. Did it b4 for game of war last Christmas but you received a tonnnn of stuff for that special. But I bought cod and only played it a weekend. bought battlefront and only played it 2 weeks an hourhere and there. Ill go back to that though im sure as I do enjoy it. But ive gotten way more time out of this game. But still $100 is pricey considering no one knows the effectiveness of the chars at end game.

Here's the thing, a lvl 60 big spender compared a non farmable 4* to a farmable 7* and said they're equal. That is before this last patch Ben is still #1 but now might be slightly less op due to nerfs.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    I spend money on these games to save time. I don't do it necessarily to have the latest and greatest and be the best, but you save so much time buying this pack (and you get 40-50 dollars worth of crystals) it really isn't that bad of a pack. Finn also looks fairly solid.
    Most of the super op people look like crap on paper but in reality are beasts. Like old Ben to me when I read it looked silly but from what I've read and seen and play against his debuff is legit and cripples the whole enemy team so hard.

In fins case, his 40% first time attacking dmg up is legit! That's seriously a ton of dmg now consider a crit with that dmg. Other than that foresight is ridiculous too!
  • Rutank wrote: »
    In fins case, his 40% first time attacking dmg up is legit! That's seriously a ton of dmg now consider a crit with that dmg. Other than that foresight is ridiculous too!

140% of a small # is still a small #
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct