Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that this game falls into that category.
    Il use myself as an example.
    I might spend 10-20 per week.
    Looking at my roster, I'm not a whale.
    However, I've been playing for 20 months.
    Do the math, it adds up

I'm not sure how this is evidence to the contrary.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • still missing 7* smug han and 7* smug chewie and 7* Millenium Falcon(ep7)
  • there's a mega thread.
  • Whatever
  • We will need Hermit Luke. Shards available in Dark Side Territory Battles. Update to go live next August.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • leef wrote: »
    Do the math, it adds up

I read the article, it said a little over 50% of revenue from the whales.
    So maybe 45% from guppies.
    On a daily basis, how many whales are starting new ,compared to guppies?
    Any business model that ignores it's average customer base will fail.
    Ask any player in a new shard, 6 months or less.
    How many whales they see.
    My guess is very few
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Drogon1996 wrote: »
    i feel like V Han and V Chewie will be made farmable 2 weeks before the events and will have a period of double drops too, however I think that maybe CG will allow 5 stars requirement for these characters and 7 Stars for BB-8, Finn and Scavenger Rey. Asking for 7 star veterans in my opinion if ridiculous however 5 stars is viable if you focus everything on them

I'm thinking this will probably be the case as well. I wish I knew where they were going to appear so I could decide which of them to buy a pack or two of in Shipments (if any), for example if VSchewie was on a hard node and VSHan was cantina, I'd pick up a few chewie packs.
    But no reason to start panicking until they become farmable. If they don't make them farmable and/or they need to be 7*, very few will get sabre-rey, and it'll just be a fail of an event. I don't see them setting the event up to fail like that. It'd be far better to make the VS's seem obtainable (4-5*) so that players spend to get them, rather that make it 6-7* and have most of your player base decide to pass.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Edward wrote: »
    EvbejzE.png
    I say he died before he could have become a Resistance.
    Any thoughts?

He died placing mines in a first order facility to blow it up, I'd say thats the definition of resistance.
  • Edward wrote: »
    EvbejzE.png
    I say he died before he could have become a Resistance.
    Any thoughts?

He died placing mines in a first order facility to blow it up, I'd say thats the definition of resistance.

Han died, Chewie didn’t.
  • For all we know kylo ren will join the resistantance, and he will be required for hero event
  • I highly doubt VSH & C as they are only farmable through purchases. Some other toons required could be BB8, Finn, possibly R2D2, the ****.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »
    Those Cantina nodes are really no better than a hard node. You can expect 1 shard per refresh from them. They are more expensive than hard nodes.

Why nobody else has figured this out is beyond me.

On the low energy cantina nodes I get pretty good drops.

However on the 16 energy nodes, I completely agree. I'd rather refresh a hard node than refresh attempts at those things.

Cantina gives you 165 free energy per day, that’s 10 attempts for 3,33 shards.

To get 10 attempts at a hard node it costs 50 crystals to refresh the node and costs 200 energy.

3 cantina refreshes gives you 32 attempts, which means 10,83 shards for a cost of 300 crystals.

30 attempts from a hard node requires 5 refreshes of the node at 250 crystals. At 100 energy / 5 attempts you will need on top of the free energy (375 / day) to buy 2 energy refeshes at 100 crystals, bringing the total to 350. To get the extra 2 attempts you have from cantina require one refresh of energy and another of the node, to a grand total of 450 crystals.

-> it is cheaper at Cantina by far

Disclaimer: I have never refreshed a hard node so I don’t know if it always costs 50 crystals or will the price go up?
  • It goes up
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Naw wrote: »
    Those Cantina nodes are really no better than a hard node. You can expect 1 shard per refresh from them. They are more expensive than hard nodes.

However on the 16 energy nodes, I completely agree. I'd rather refresh a hard node than refresh attempts at those things.

To get 10 attempts at a hard node it costs 50 crystals to refresh the node and costs 200 energy.

3 cantina refreshes gives you 32 attempts, which means 10,83 shards for a cost of 300 crystals.

30 attempts from a hard node requires 5 refreshes of the node at 250 crystals. At 100 energy / 5 attempts you will need on top of the free energy (375 / day) to buy 2 energy refeshes at 100 crystals, bringing the total to 350. To get the extra 2 attempts you have from cantina require one refresh of energy and another of the node, to a grand total of 450 crystals.

Disclaimer: I have never refreshed a hard node so I don’t know if it always costs 50 crystals or will the price go up?

That's cool and all, but my point is that my drop rate has always been trash on the 16 energy cantina nodes. I'm saying I would rather refresh a hard node once for 50 crystals than spend 100 on the cantina node.
  • Cooncoon wrote: »
    Winstar wrote: »
    Cooncoon wrote: »
    Will we need ONLY scavenger rey?

Funny joke.

Finn, BB8, veteran smuggler chewie/Han and scavenger rey

I don't see why we would need scoundrels to unlock rey... besides the fact they were in the movie. SWGOH has been very specific to events that need only one group type of toons. Like resistance or first order... I can guarantee you need BB8 but idk about the smugglers

Re-watch The Force Awakens and pay attention ;)

I'd be surprised if Poe is a required hero to unlock her.

And see: Luke's Hero Journey event.

I've watched he movie.... and Luke's hero joirney event is all rebels. Not rebels and scoundrels

I hear you and I generally agree that scepticism about Han and Chewie being needed, but I also wanted to point out that Luke’s Journey gives us a sample size of one. Luke’s Hero’s Journey broke the rules, so it’s very possible that Rey’s could also.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member

That's cool and all, but my point is that my drop rate has always been trash on the 16 energy cantina nodes. I'm saying I would rather refresh a hard node once for 50 crystals than spend 100 on the cantina node.

Your anecdotal evidence is meaningless when math tells otherwise.

That said, this is actually aimed at the one you quoted, I apologize for that.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

My anecdotal evidence? What? I offered no evidence. I simply said what I would rather do.

Quiet math nerd, and it's ok don't be sorry.
  • So...can we get some dark side buffs so she doesn't just steamroll everyone like Luke?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Do the math, it adds up

I read the article, it said a little over 50% of revenue from the whales.
    So maybe 45% from guppies.
    On a daily basis, how many whales are starting new ,compared to guppies?
    Any business model that ignores it's average customer base will fail.
    Ask any player in a new shard, 6 months or less.
    How many whales they see.
    My guess is very few

Still, not seeying how that is evidence that it's in fact the "guppies" that are keeping this game alive, wich is what you claim to be the case.
    Stating what you've spend is not an argument in favour of "guppies" keeping the game alive. For all i know you're in the top 1% of all players with having spend $1k+ on the game.
    I have no clue how many whales are starting new compared to guppies. It's also irrelevant. It's entirely possible that the players who've been playing for over a year are responsible for over 70% of the revenue. I simply don't know.
    As for your statement about ignoring it's average customer base, i'll just quote the article.
    "0.15% of mobile players account for 50% of mobile games revenue."
    Apparantly it works for mobile games. Well, maybe not ignoring the average playerbase, but most certainly targetting the potential big spenders.

So yea, not seeying any evidence or even arguments in favour of your claim. That doesn't mean you're wrong, it just means i have no reason to believe you're right.
    All i know is that this game is rediculously expensive, so I assume EA targets whales/krakens on purpose because it's more profitable to have fewer but bigger spenders than having more but smaller spenders. When buying 1(!) character is just as expensive as a new playstation, i think it's safe to assume they don't to expect to sell alot of them, but do expect to profit alot from the players that do chose to buy that character.
    They obviously also sell items aimed at smaller spenders and keep the game enjoyable enough for f2p players to keep playing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • We know how Luke's journey started and ended. I guess we're either doing a partial journey, or EA has details of Ep 9 as well.

:p
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • The schedule will follow:

Dec = Rey's Journey Flash Events. This will help gear up stuff. Could have Poe & BB-8 have to fight off FO in opening scenes. Rey and BB-8 as well. Finn escape from the Star Destroyer...etc, etc. (Replacing Jawa stuff)

Jan = actual event. Itll prob be mid Jan with the announcement at the beginning of the month on what we need. 7* Rey, BB-8 (which requires 7*FO and will be beginning of year it comes back too), Finn, Vet Han, & Vet Chewie. Potentially 7* Poe and 5-7* Falcon.

Feb = announcement of rework of Separtists and Padme Amidala (Attack of Clone Wars version) Legendary event needing 7* Separtists.

There, youre welcome.

The writing is clearly on the wall.

~D
  • The hero's journey events, in my opinion, are based on the archetypes set forth by Joseph Cambell's"the heroes journey."

Rey is the hero, Finn, BB8 and veteran chewie are the allies, Veteran Han Solo is the mentor.

No doubt in my mind we will need them. Long shot for needing Poe as well, due to his role in the prologue of the film as he is an indirect ally at the time.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The overconfidence here is amazing. I don't mind speculation, but please... speak accordingly. Somebody not paying attention may think this is all confirmed information.
  • As a reminder, there is no PROOF that we need any character other than Rey at the moment.

Speculation is fine as to who else may be needed for her journey, but let's remember it's just speculation. There is nothing else out there to prove the need for other toons.
  • wth? another OP LS hero journey? When are we getting a DS hero journey? Where's the balance?!
  • As a reminder, there is no PROOF that we need any character other than Rey at the moment.

Speculation is fine as to who else may be needed for her journey, but let's remember it's just speculation. There is nothing else out there to prove the need for other toons.

While this is true, we DO have game history to look at and extrapolate. Now, to be clear, I would be delighted if all we needed was Scavy Rey. I would also be completely shocked.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Exactly,
    There is a reason they only told us about Rey.
    The Google play card promotion.
    The others will be announced 3days before event. Not a complaint just the norm
  • The hero's journey events, in my opinion, are based on the archetypes set forth by Joseph Cambell's"the heroes journey."

Rey is the hero, Finn, BB8 and veteran chewie are the allies, Veteran Han Solo is the mentor.

No doubt in my mind we will need them. Long shot for needing Poe as well, due to his role in the prologue of the film as he is an indirect ally at the time.

Good book. If Poe is needed players rejoice. VS needed players scramble and farm. I enjoy these events. While CLS was a nod towards older players,Light Saber Rey will bring in the bacon because missing out on CLS hurt so we will extrapolate for new Rey.

Also we need another Legendary event to balance BB8. Seems r2 and Thrawn are on rotation now. Some DS love would be real nice especially that ds tb is coming. Farming more LS toons during the introduction of DS tb is just way over done and echoes The Empire faction pass - 2 new toons released were ATF and r2. The last rebel in this game should be Luke.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited November 2017

My anecdotal evidence? What? I offered no evidence. I simply said what I would rather do.

Quiet math nerd, and it's ok don't be sorry.
    Jonais wrote: »
    wth? another OP LS hero journey? When are we getting a DS hero journey? Where's the balance?!

Say it slow...darkside...hero journey. Lol ok.

But yeah a villains journey or some kitten would be cool
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • The overconfidence here is amazing. I don't mind speculation, but please... speak accordingly. Somebody not paying attention may think this is all confirmed information.
    As a reminder, there is no PROOF that we need any character other than Rey at the moment.

Speculation is fine as to who else may be needed for her journey, but let's remember it's just speculation. There is nothing else out cnnthere to prove the need for other toons.

But there is precedence with Luke's event. Rey only came in contact with so many in game characters that its not hard to guess where this may go. I had to do zero panic farming for luke because of posts like this. Ignore at you're own risk.
This discussion has been closed.